PDA

View Full Version : hammerfist, dwarven prestige class

Dalek Zek
2009-02-08, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dalek Zek
I mainly built this class to give DMs more options with NPCs. I am not sure how it would function for a PC. Hammerfists may turn out to be a bit strong, but on the other hand, they are stuck with warhammers. There is little variation. I am still working on a upcoming gnomish prestige class, as well as one for elves for the same reason.

Hammerfist

Hammerfists are traditional warriors of dwarven tribes. As the name might imply, they are skilled in fighting with hammers. Most hammerfists were fighters or barbarians although any combatant dwarf could find benefit in the hammerfist's (though limeted) well developed specialty.

HD: d10

Requirements: to qualify to become a hammerfist, the character must fulfill all the following criteria:
Race: dwarf
Base attack bonus: +6
Feats: proficient with warhammer, two weapon fighting, two weapon defense, weapon focus (warhammer), improved weapon focus (warhammer).

Class skills: climb (str), craft (int), handle animal (cha), intimidate (cha),knowledge (monster) (int), jump (str), ride (dex), and swim (str)
Skill points at each level: 2+int modifier

Class features
All the following are class features of the hammerfist

Hammerfist combat style I: warhammers count as light weapons for you

Staunch defender: if another dwarf becomes injured during a combat you are in, you gain +2 temporary constitution for the rest of the encounter, as long as you are actively protecting this dwarf. You lose the bonus if the dwarf dies.

Hammerfist combat style II : when charging while holding two warhammers, you may attack with both hammers and your base speed counst as 30 ft. fore determining maximum charge distance. If your base speed is already higher than 30ft, use that.

Warhammer expert : when wielding a warhammer with two hand you deal an additional 2 damage. This damage stacks with all other bonuses.

Hammerfist combat style III : If you charge while holding two warhammers and both hit the same opponent, this creature must make an fortitude save against a DC of 10 + 1/2 your hammerfist level + your wisdom modifier or be stunned. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dwarven lore: you are educated in the long history of dwarven warfare. When charging you may make a knowledge (monster) check. Fore each 5 points you exceed 15 you get a +1 to hit and damage. These bonuses stack with all other.

Hammerfist combat style IV : When flanking someone while fighting with two warhammers with someone who is also fighting with two warhammers, your bonus to hit increases to +4.

Warhammer defense: when fighting with two warhammers you get a +2 shield bonus to AC. When fighting defensively this shield bonus increases to +4. If using the full defense action, this bonus increase to +6.

Hammerfist combat style V: you get the improved weapon focus (warhammer) and improved weapon specialization (warhammer) feats. If you have these already you get a +2 to hit and damage with warhammers. These bonuses stack with all others.

Warhammer master: When fighting with two warhammers you no longer suffer any penaltys for fighting with two weapons.

Hammerfists
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will| Special
1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|hammerfist combatstyle I
2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|staunch defender
3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|hammerfist combat style II
4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|warhammer expert
5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|hammerfist combatstyle III
6th|
+6/1|
+5|
+2|
+2|dwarven lore
7th|
+7/2|
+5|
+2|
+2|hammerfist combatstyle IV
8th|
+8/3|
+6|
+2|
+2|warhammer defense
9th|
+9/4|
+6|
+3|
+3|hammerfist combatstyle V
10th|
+10/5|
+7|
+3|
+3|warhammer master[/table]

Dalek Zek
2009-02-08, 07:37 PM
After being so kind to corecting my spelling and grammer, LordZarth askt what I mend by knolege(monster), sinse this is not on the list of knolege skills. It will fall onder the notion of 'with your DM's approval, you can invent new areas of knolege', witch is also one of the reasons I am not sure if this class should be open to PC's. Leaving this Knolege skill open to learn might lead to unintendet opsions fore your players.