PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest. Session. Ever.

Mushroom Ninja
2009-02-08, 10:30 PM
I was running my SWSE campaign last Saturday with some fairly epic results. I feel that they must be shared…

Highlights:
- A whiteboard and all of the character sheets are defenestrated
- A song and dance routine breaks out
- The phrase “A magical race of Nazis” is used

The Session:

Before playing, we were all sitting around a table, snacking. The sun was shining in through the window and it was about 70° F outside. As this was the warmest it had been in months, one of the players suggested that we take the books outdoors and play at a nearby picnic table.

Now, out here in Kansas wind is an issue, so, not wanting to spend the whole session chasing character sheets, I opposed to the idea. I had most of the players convinced that outside was not the best place to run the session, when the player who had suggested it suddenly rose from her chair and hurried up to the second story of the house (where I usually keep all my RPG paraphernalia). Curious to see what she was up to, I followed.

When I reached the top of the stairs a strange sight met my eyes. She had opened the window and was tossing the gridded whiteboard (which as a map for combat encounters) through it. I stood there in shock as she proceeded to defenestrate the folder where everybody was stored their character sheets. Then, she turned around and said something along the lines of “We’re playing outside.” Fearing that my books would be next, I hastened to gather paperweights.

So, the session began outside. We picked up where we had left off the week before. Seeking an ancient sith artifact, the PCs were investigating an old building complex. As they poked around on the roof of a dilapidated Command Center, two ancient guard droids jumped out from hiding and started to question the PCs. When statting this encounter, I had made the guard droids independent on the offchance that the PCs felt like doing something with them other than blasting them to smithereens. The ensuing roleplay made me glad I had done so.

As the droids approached, each brandishing a BFS (Bondan Flechette Sword), the PCs started trying to convince the droids that guarding a derelict building was a waist of their talent, rolling quite well on their persuade checks. I had the droids halt to listen. Suddenly, two players (including the one who had defenestrated my stuff) stood up and began to sing this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA6A_tMq3tM&feature=related) song. And do the dance.

After they had finished, they told me that that was exactly what their characters had done in an attempt to show the droids that there were whole worlds of careers open for them. I sat there shocked for a moment and then decided that I had no course of action left but to give in. The droids, influenced by the song, dropped their weapons and began to contemplate life in show business.

So… yeah… I love my SWSE group. :smallbiggrin:

hotel_papa
2009-02-08, 11:35 PM
Wow... just got the following mental image:

HK 47

(Tis the Question)To be, or not to be

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The blaster fire of outrageous fortune,

(Alternative)Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to be shut down;

(clarification)To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When I have shuffled you off this mortal coil, meat bag

Starscream
2009-02-08, 11:47 PM
Funny stuff, especially the song. If that had happened in the movie prequels, it would have improved them by a whole letter grade in my book.

That being said the character whose player threw your stuff out the window has a karmic death coming, one involving the shattering of a spaceship window while in the exosphere.

toddex
2009-02-09, 12:06 AM
When I reached the top of the stairs a strange sight met my eyes. She had opened the window and was tossing the gridded whiteboard (which as a map for combat encounters) through it. I stood there in shock as she proceeded to defenestrate the folder where everybody was stored their character sheets. Then, she turned around and said something along the lines of “We’re playing outside.” Fearing that my books would be next, I hastened to gather paperweights.

At that point I would have had a female friend jack her in the teeth... Seriously wtf? I guess I expect you know "normal" behavior from my friends. Not throwing my **** out of a window.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-02-09, 12:24 AM
At that point I would have had a female friend jack her in the teeth... Seriously wtf? I guess I expect you know "normal" behavior from my friends. Not throwing my **** out of a window.First off, don't be sexist. If someone does something to deserve punching in the teeth, punch them in the teeth. Gender shouldn't enter into it. Second, that is normal for my friends. I expect it is for the OP, as well. Third, blown out a spaceship window isn't karmic enough(plan spoilered). One of them hears about a tool/weapon/gadget that's only useful to her character, located on a jungle planet with a bunch of other rare and valuable artifacts. The only outpost on the planet is conveniently located near the ruins where the item is, but only she can go get it(something about her species and the atmosphere, or only having female enviro-suits that are needed to protect against toxic gasses, or similar. I like deadly animals, where the ones out in the day seem to react to pheremones given off by (her character) as a calming agent, though a particular breed that hunts by night does not). "Warning about having to be back before nightfall or other undetermined time, or the danger of the planet that means only you can go out there will also kill you. Creepy description of the jungle. Creepy description of the ruins. Creepy description of the artifacts. Creepy description of the jungle on her way back." Then the airlock/security system/phlebonium door jams and she can't get back in. Look at her, completely deadpan, and say "You're outside, and you're going to die." Then the party has to figure out a way of fighting past the haywire security system(or similar) to the basement generator so they can deactivate it and let her in, while she alone has to fight off the dangers of the planet. The message should not be lost.

PrismaticPIA
2009-02-09, 12:31 AM
lol. My brother is in that youtube video you linked to. Tall guy, center-stage, between the two girls in black dresses.

Lappy9000
2009-02-09, 11:20 AM
First off, don't be sexist. If someone does something to deserve punching in the teeth, punch them in the teeth. Gender shouldn't enter into it.How is that sexist? You mean most people don't have any hired female bodyguards to punch people in the teeth for them :smallconfused: Yes, I'm kidding.

The phrase “A magical race of Nazis” is usedWould you mind elaborating? I imagine that ended up being....interesting.

Excellent story overall :smallbiggrin:

Mushroom Ninja
2009-02-09, 09:08 PM
@Lappy9000: Shortly after the singing and dancing incedent, it seemed like a 5 minute break was called for. While most of the players were frolicing in the outdoors, I quickley sketched out some alternate plans in case more unexpected things happened. The one other person who stayed sitting at the table (one of the singing dancers (not the defenestrator)) was reading a book and singing something to himself. I wasn't really paying much attention to the words of the song until I heard the phrase "from a magical race of Nazis". I think he was just making up the words as he went, but I'm not sure.

@ toddex: Well, actually, that's sort of normal behavior for my friends. Mind, I would start getting annoyed if my stuff was chucked out the window every week.

Vonriel
2009-02-09, 09:23 PM
I can see how it can be seen as sexist, but I doubt he meant it that way.

@Ninja: This is pure win. Seriously, if the girl who threw your stuff out the window - we all know you only told this story so you could use the word defenestrated in normal conversation without engineering it in any way :smallwink: - was one of the people involved in the song-and-dance routine, her karmic death was just avoided. :smallbiggrin:

Mushroom Ninja
2009-02-09, 09:27 PM
@Ninja: This is pure win. Seriously, if the girl who threw your stuff out the window - we all know you only told this story so you could use the word defenestrated in normal conversation without engineering it in any way :smallwink: - was one of the people involved in the song-and-dance routine, her karmic death was just avoided. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I see no need to karmicly kill any of them... yet...

RavKal
2009-02-09, 10:56 PM
Wow... just got the following mental image:

HK 47

(Tis the Question)To be, or not to be

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The blaster fire of outrageous fortune,

(Alternative)Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to be shut down;

(clarification)To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When I have shuffled you off this mortal coil, meat bag

Thank you so much. (why is there no *sniff emote?) You are my hero, and I will spread your wonderful words to all whom I can.

Also: Any twi'lekks in that party? :smallamused:

hotel_papa
2009-02-09, 11:10 PM
Just doing my part.

I accept donations in the forms of limitless praise and thoughtful criticism to my below-linked and much neglected homebrew [/Shameless Plug]