PDA

View Full Version : Real Ultimate Power

Bad Situation
2009-02-09, 03:47 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x44/Napkin183/realultimatepower.jpg

Is anyone aside from me pumped for this book? :smallsmile:

Article here (http://www.critical-hits.com/2009/02/06/exclusive-preview-real-ultimate-power-sourcebook/).

Canadian
2009-02-09, 03:54 PM
Ninjas are awesome because on one hand they're really serious and on the other hand they just don't give a crap!

Draz74
2009-02-09, 03:56 PM
I will be if the Pirate class gets confirmed ... :smallwink:

Kurald Galain
2009-02-09, 04:13 PM
Wow. To get that book, I would totally flip out and kill people :smalltongue:

Morty
2009-02-09, 04:17 PM
So, who would be Real Ultimate Defender, Leader and Controller?

Dyllan
2009-02-09, 04:22 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x44/Napkin183/realultimatepower.jpg

Is anyone aside from me pumped for this book? :smallsmile:

Article here (http://www.critical-hits.com/2009/02/06/exclusive-preview-real-ultimate-power-sourcebook/).

I think the fact that it has Ryu from Ninja Gaiden on the cover should be a tip-off that this isn't a real book...

Kurald Galain
2009-02-09, 04:47 PM
I think the fact that it has Ryu from Ninja Gaiden on the cover should be a tip-off that this isn't a real book...
Hello, Captain Obvious! By which I am referring to you, not some actual person called Captain Obvious, because you're being obvious here. That was a pune, or play on words.

So, who would be Real Ultimate Defender, Leader and Controller?
Leader -> pirate
Defender -> zombie
Controller -> robot.

Morty
2009-02-09, 04:52 PM
Hello, Captain Obvious! By which I am referring to you, not some actual person called Captain Obvious, because you're being obvious here. That was a pune, or play on words.

What, you mean this book isn't real? Damn, I was going to start playing 4th edition because it lets me play a Ninja.

Leader -> pirate
Defender -> zombie
Controller -> robot.

And an epic destiny introduced in this book will be Pirate-Ninja-Zombie-Robot, which allows you to combine those classes.

Draz74
2009-02-09, 04:54 PM
Defender -> zombie

Actually, the linked article suggests Defender -> cowboy.

You got the Pirate right, though, and I think the robot sounds very viable. Except, how could you have a non-Warforged robot? So maybe Zombie is the controller.

There could be two Ultimate Defenders, cowboy and zombie. But personally, I think cowboy and dinosaur sounds more likely. I still vote controller -> zombie.

And an epic destiny introduced in this book will be Pirate-Ninja-Zombie-Robot, which allows you to combine those classes.

Yeah, but who the heck would play that, compared to the other Epic Destiny introduced in the book?

(Chuck Norris.)

Fan
2009-02-09, 04:59 PM

Just another clue that DND fourth ed is just a way for Vidja game fanboys to live their fantasies as their favorite vidja game charecters,:smalltongue:

Morty
2009-02-09, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but who the heck would play that, compared to the other Epic Destiny introduced in the book?

(Chuck Norris.)

Well, such an epic destiny would require you to first kill the previous Chuck Norris, because there can be only one Chuck Norris. And not all players are up to such challenge.

Flickerdart
2009-02-09, 06:56 PM
One would think that this thing's plausibility would go a bit up if they used art from any of the Ninja MtG cards which Wizards actually owns. :smallsigh: It's not an awesome hoax unless it's a plausible awesome hoax.

Having said that, I want a 4E Ninja.

Starbuck_II
2009-02-09, 07:35 PM
Well, such an epic destiny would require you to first kill the previous Chuck Norris, because there can be only one Chuck Norris. And not all players are up to such challenge.

Um, Chuck gained his powers after losing to Bruce Lee and surviving (few people survive that fight) in a movie.

So if you somehow fight Chuck and lose (while surviving): you can steal his power as well! :smallbiggrin:

Starscream
2009-02-09, 08:36 PM
So it's a bit like facing a werewolf? If he kills you you die, but if you get bit and survive you become a werewolf as well?

Would I grow a manly beard every full moon?

MCerberus
2009-02-09, 08:39 PM
So it's a bit like facing a werewolf? If he kills you you die, but if you get bit and survive you become a werewolf as well?

And you'd get a penalty to saving throws vs Mind-Affecting(Compulsion) vs exercise equipment. It's truly his one weakness.

RS14
2009-02-09, 09:06 PM

Nonsense! Look at the quality of their sources!

* = Our sources, in this case, being our imaginations.

Starbuck_II
2009-02-09, 09:15 PM

I've never though too hard one it, but yes.
It seemed to affect races different. Asians don't grow the manly beard (Bruce never did), but Cuacasians do.

Yes, Chuck is like a lycanthrope.
I think he only affects you if you fight in martial arts though.

Flickerdart
2009-02-09, 09:16 PM
Nonsense! Look at the quality of their sources!
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/BaconRaptor/ImaginationSnake.jpg
Get it? Cause Snake sneaks around...like a ninja...I'll go now.

skywalker
2009-02-09, 09:16 PM

No, that would be if you survived against Chuck.

Surviving a fight with Bruce Lee means you grow a ripped torso and your body fat disappears every full moon.

Just another clue that DND fourth ed is just a way for Vidja game fanboys to live their fantasies as their favorite vidja game charecters,:smalltongue:

Someone was looking at the 4e PHB today and saying "This is WoW, this is WoW, this is WoW" as the conversation developed around him. Every so often, he would jump in with "yeah, but that's just like WoW!"

Eventually, I told him he had been warned for flamebaiting and trolling, and if he continued, I would ban him from IRL.

J.Gellert
2009-02-10, 07:20 AM
Eventually, I told him he had been warned for flamebaiting and trolling, and if he continued, I would ban him from IRL.

Irrevocable banning. With bullets. From a gun...

But I'd definitely buy this Real Ultimate Power sourcebook if someone could adapt it for 3.5 edition :smallredface:

Fun aside, I haven't seen any official ninja supplements since the 2nd edition Complete Ninja Handbook.

Fan
2009-02-10, 07:28 AM
I have nothing against 4th ed, and people who play. You like what you like right? However, I do reserve the right to stick to my batman wizards, and Uber chargers.

Morty
2009-02-10, 08:18 AM
I have another prediction: every class with Real Ultimate power source would have three Paragon Paths, each allowing it to gain abilities of another one. No a Ninja could be a Ninja-Pirate, Ninja-Cowboy and Ninja-Robot, for example.

Dyllan
2009-02-10, 08:46 AM

I dunno, other than the picture it didn't seem so obvious to me. I mean, this seems like the natural extension of 4.0. If the game mechanics were based in a large part on MMORPGs (does anyone deny that?), then this would be like the newest expansion - with more classes that are just plain better than the old ones.

Dyllan casts Resist Elements: Fire (just in case)

Spiryt
2009-02-10, 08:49 AM
I dunno, other than the picture it didn't seem so obvious to me.

Uh, text "Real Ultimate power" and Ninja Attack 1 " Flip out" aren't obvious to you?

Kurald Galain
2009-02-10, 09:54 AM
I dunno, other than the picture it didn't seem so obvious to me.

On the off chance you weren't being sarcastic (http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm)...

RebelRogue
2009-02-10, 10:58 AM
So, who would be Real Ultimate Defender?
It has to be vikings!

Ascension
2009-02-10, 11:45 AM
At has to be vikings!

No, Vikings are a Pirate Paragon path.