PDA

View Full Version : Inspire me...

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-24, 11:58 PM
Alright, so I had a dream the other night. I'm walking through a swamp and I come to the clearing. Rising up from the muck is this enormous ball of natural debris, mostly wood, with the sharp, snapped off trunks of dead white trees sticking out all around it, like the kind you sometimes see around swamps, that've been waterlogged to death. Algae and moss are growing all over them, with vines twining around their bases.

My brain has been on low gear for awhile now (some of you might have noticed I've not been spamming with much stuff of late), so I guess I'm going to need a bit of inspiration with this'un. Usually just writing about something is enough to kick me into gear, but it appears my writer's block has fast healing.

So, what is it?

ExHunterEmerald
2006-09-25, 12:06 AM
It's a Swampsage.
Speaks with all the wisdom of the earth, the water, of nature, and death, to any that will hear.

Fax Celestis
2006-09-25, 12:06 AM
It's the heart of the wood, essentially a sentient forest...or in this case, swamp.

While we're here, I need ideas for classes.

The Demented One
2006-09-25, 12:13 AM
Something is living inside the sphere, a vile mass of nascent flesh. The sphere is a artificial womb of sorts, from which will be birthed an disease-ridden abomination.

Fax Celestis
2006-09-25, 12:13 AM
Something is living inside the sphere, a vile mass of nascent flesh. The sphere is a artificial womb of sorts, from which will be birthed an disease-ridden abomination.
You and disease lately. Why?

The Demented One
2006-09-25, 12:20 AM
You and disease lately. Why?
If I knew why I had the ideas I had, I'd be a happy man.

Fax Celestis
2006-09-25, 12:21 AM
If I knew why I had the ideas I had, I'd be a happy man.
Heh, me too. PS: Give me an idea for a class.

The Demented One
2006-09-25, 12:22 AM
Heh, me too. PS: Give me an idea for a class.
Base, PrC, or both?

Fax Celestis
2006-09-25, 12:29 AM
Base, PrC, or both?
Don't care, I'm good with both.

The Demented One
2006-09-25, 12:36 AM
Let's see:

Pyromancer: Most like a PrC, though it could be a base class. Does things with fire outside the reach of most--spontaneous combustion of enemies, head exploding, and so on. Look to Roy Mustang of FMA and Uriel of the Holy Bibble for inspiration.

Nominamentalist: Truespeaker PrC. I know you've read Snow Crash, so all I'll say is nam-shubs/me done via truespeach.

Narco-Alchemist: Crafting PrC that imbues drugs with magical effects. Might be done as an Artificer variant, maybe?

Dispomancer: Mage PrC, basically a caster version of the Drunken Master. Turns alcohol into arcane power.

Diamond Shogun: Samurai/Martial Adept PrC, with a focus on Diamond Mind discipline.

Fax Celestis
2006-09-25, 12:43 AM
ZOMG NAM-SHUB I NEED TO DO THAT ONE NOW.

No, seriously, those'll brew overnight and I'll pop one or two out tomorrow.

It's sad, it takes me like fifteen minutes to write out a class now. I busted out the Slingshot Master in record time: 8 minutes.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-25, 01:40 AM
It's a Swampsage.
Speaks with all the wisdom of the earth, the water, of nature, and death, to any that will hear.

It's the heart of the wood, essentially a sentient forest...or in this case, swamp.
Hrmmmm, mix these two together and I think we may have something!

Magnus_Samma
2006-09-25, 01:41 AM
It's a druidic golem, created by infusing a prepared pile of debris with the soul of a powerful druid. It attacks with vine-like tendrils and flying shards of wood, also summoning ferocious animals to its defense.

Jarl
2006-09-25, 03:25 AM
It's the Golikag, a large frog like creature. It uses debris as camoflage while it creeps inexorably slowly towards it's victim, at which point it strikes.

-Tongue tentacles, psionic bursts, animal companions, whatever, that's up to you.

Jack Mann
2006-09-25, 03:44 AM
It's the Golikag, a large frog like creature. It uses debris as camoflage while it creeps inexorably slowly towards it's victim, at which point it strikes.

-Tongue tentacles, psionic bursts, animal companions, whatever, that's up to you.

Reminds me of something... (http://ravelwoods.livejournal.com/25842.html#cutid1)

Jarl
2006-09-25, 03:55 AM
Reminds me of something... (http://ravelwoods.livejournal.com/25842.html#cutid1)
What is it?

-It reminds me of the weird monster in that one Ewok movie, the one in the tree that grabbed the kid by the arm.

Jack Mann
2006-09-25, 04:03 AM
How should I know? I'm just the guy who wrote it.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-25, 09:43 AM
It's a druidic golem, created by infusing a prepared pile of debris with the soul of a powerful druid. It attacks with vine-like tendrils and flying shards of wood, also summoning ferocious animals to its defense.
Already done like a half dozen of those.

A floating ball taller than trees isn't exactly very good camouflage ;)

bosssmiley
2006-09-25, 03:38 PM
It's a Swampsage.

"The Trashheap has spoken. NEURGH!" ;D

Tribble want inspiration ("Hah! Like he needs more."):
http://www.beksinski.pl/ <-- welcome to VT's world

Vaynor
2006-09-26, 12:55 AM
"The Trashheap has spoken. NEURGH!" ;D

Tribble want inspiration ("Hah! Like he needs more."):
http://www.beksinski.pl/ <-- welcome to VT's world
That is a freaking awesome site. :O

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-26, 09:58 AM
Yes, that site is incredible. Its polish right? Whats odd is the art on it reminds me alot of my favorite artist Jacek Yerka whom is also polish.

Heres some of his works:
http://www.yerka.pl/stronaI/stronaI.html