PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band Songs (And guitar hero, too, I guess... *Grumble*)

Sequinox
2009-02-09, 05:33 PM
Hey! I'm wondering if there are any songs that you guys want for guitar hero or rock band.

Not much more than that...

Me:
2112 by Rush: The whole friggin song, all 20 minutes of epic scifiness.
Violet Hill, by Coldplay (I know it's on GH3, but I want it for Rock Band...)
Hmm... I'll add other songs, too. THoughts?

RTGoodman
2009-02-09, 05:43 PM
I've got a BIG list of stuff I'd like to see:

-"Hey Jealousy" - Gin Blossoms
-"Breakfast at Tiffany's" - Deep Blue Something
-"Two Princes" - Spin Doctors
-"Televators" - The Mars Volta
-"I'm in a Hurry" - Alabama
-"Don't Stop Believing" and "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" - Journey
-Most anything by Def Leppard
-Anything from the Scorpions' "Humanity" album
-Any OLD Guns N' Roses
-Anything by Lordi (especially "Would You Love a Monster Man" or anything from "The Arockalypse")
-Any Paul Simon stuff
-Anything by Tool
-Basically any '90s alternative or '80s metal (including hair metal)

late for dinner
2009-02-09, 06:17 PM
Anything from the Muse cd's Absolution or Supermassive Black Holes

Queen...in general...Bohemian Rhapsody

Hate me- Blue October

I cant think of anything else...Maybe a little My Chemical Romance too

Geno9999
2009-02-09, 10:20 PM
Bring back Trogdor! I WANT TROGGIE! FAILURE WILL RESULT IN BURNIATION!!! YOU AND ALL YOUR PEASENTS, COUNTRYSIDE AND THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!! THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQmtjfsZU4&feature=related)

Nano
2009-02-09, 10:49 PM
-Anything by Tool

This. This thing right here. :smalltongue:

valadil
2009-02-09, 11:02 PM
2112 by Rush: The whole friggin song, all 20 minutes of epic scifiness.

That was my first pick too. There are other Rush songs I like better, but not a lot of 20 minute epics.

Failing that I'll settle for And Then There Was Silence by Blind Guardian. Actually any BG or Rush will make me happy.

JabberwockySupafly
2009-02-10, 06:47 AM
I could quite literally post vast pages of songs here, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

Anything by Clutch except for their first album, Transnational Speedway League which was, frankly, garbage.
Ravenous & Nemesis by Arch Enemy
Ot Serda K Nebu and Pokrovy Nebesnogo Startsa by Arkona
The entirety of The Human Equation by Ayreon
Soul Suckin' Jerk by Beck
And Then There Was Silence, I'm Alright, Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill), When Sorrow Sang, Mirror Mirror, NightFall... actually, all of Nightfall On Middle-Earth by Blind Guardian would work.
Angels of The Silences by Counting Crows
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies, Digging The Grave, Ricochet, King For A Day, Midlife Crisis, A Small Victory, Ashes to Ashes, Collision, From Out of Nowhere, and Falling to Pieces by Faith No More
Queer and Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage
Everything off of Gone Forever and IV: Constitution of Treason by God Forbid
Aqualung by Jethro Tull. The whole album, not just the title track. Especially Cross-Eyed Mary
Senzafine, 1.14, Daylight Dancer, Heir of a Dying Day, and Hyperfast by Lacuna Coil. They have a lot better songs than Closer.
Over The Hills & Far Away, Bye Bye Beautiful, Dark Chest of Wonders, I Wish I Had An Agel, and many, many more by Nightwish
I Alone by Live
Every. Mastodon. Song. Ever.
Dig Up Her Bones, This Island Earth, Mars Attacks!, and Don't Open Til Doomsday by the Misfits
Weak And Powerless by A Perfect Circle
Primus. Primus. Primus. Primus. Everything & Anything. John The Fisherman was NOT ENOUGH
anything by Symphony X, because it's all incredibly long and awesome and would make you ache but love every second of it...
and because there's not enough "mellow" music on either, in my opinion, some Handle With Care, or End of the Line by The Travelling Willburys would be nice.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-02-10, 07:04 AM
I'd love some songs re-made from old Guitar Heroes, like Killing in the name of, Sweet Child of Mine, etc.

Also some more Tenacious D songs! The only one was "The Metal" in 3, which really isn't their best one.

Joran
2009-02-10, 07:20 AM
Paul and Storm - Opening Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdJktUVlA4I

Otherwise, of the popular bands, I think U2 and Green Day would be fun to play.

SilentNight
2009-02-10, 09:32 AM
I'd definitely like to see 2112, Freewill too,(just imagine the solo). Other songs, If they came out with a keyboard mod I'd really like to see Deep Purple's "Burn".

valadil
2009-02-10, 10:10 AM
I'd definitely like to see 2112, Freewill too,(just imagine the solo). Other songs, If they came out with a keyboard mod I'd really like to see Deep Purple's "Burn".

The opening riff to Spirit of Radio would translate really well to a platic guitar. It be hammer-ons of R-Y-O-Y-R-Y-B-Y-R-Y-O-Y-R-Y-B-Y ad nauseum.

Joran, much as I love Paul and Storm, I have a sneaking suspicion their songs would only be fun for the singer. That said I won't be surprised if they eventually get a song in to Rock Band, because whenever they come to Boston/Cambridge with JoCo the three of them visit Harmonix before the show.

Hzurr
2009-02-10, 10:46 AM
I definitely agree that we need more Journey, and Queen. If I had an entire game of nothing but Queen, I'd be happy.

I also would enjoy more of the..."oldie" songs. Mainly because I like that when my entire family got together for Christmas, we were able to talk my parents into playing a few songs. The one that I want that first jumps to mind that would be awesome on RB is "Johnny B. Goode"

There are a few Beatles songs I'd like, but since they're already doing a Beatles game for RB, it's kindof a moot point.

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-10, 11:00 AM
I'd love some songs re-made from old Guitar Heroes, like Killing in the name of, Sweet Child of Mine, etc.

This is the first thing that came to mind. I honestly wonder why they haven't done this.

Murska
2009-02-10, 11:49 AM
Muse, Offspring, and anything with epic bass solos for once.

MikelaC
2009-02-10, 12:37 PM
This isnt about a song I would like to see on GH4, because according to the ads, its already there. The song is Old Time Rock and Roll. I got the GH4 for my nephew for Christmas, and according to him, that song is one that you have to "unlock", much in the manner of unlocking various characters in the Mario series. But, hes been playing it since Christmas and the song doesnt seem to come up. Is there some trick to unlocking it, or is it something that you have to pay for and download (which would be really cheap advertizing since they dont mention that when the ads are playing)

Joran
2009-02-10, 01:35 PM
This isnt about a song I would like to see on GH4, because according to the ads, its already there. The song is Old Time Rock and Roll. I got the GH4 for my nephew for Christmas, and according to him, that song is one that you have to "unlock", much in the manner of unlocking various characters in the Mario series. But, hes been playing it since Christmas and the song doesnt seem to come up. Is there some trick to unlocking it, or is it something that you have to pay for and download (which would be really cheap advertizing since they dont mention that when the ads are playing)

You have to pay and download; sorry, it's DLC, probably around $2. Two other Bob Seger songs available for download are Her Strut and Get Out of Denver. The only Bob Seger song in the original set list is Hollywood Nights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Guitar_Hero_World_Tour#Downloadab le_content

To unlock all the songs, just plug this string of buttons into the "Cheats" section under the "Options" menu: Blue, Blue, Red, Green, Green, Blue, Blue, Yellow.

Joran, much as I love Paul and Storm, I have a sneaking suspicion their songs would only be fun for the singer. That said I won't be surprised if they eventually get a song in to Rock Band, because whenever they come to Boston/Cambridge with JoCo the three of them visit Harmonix before the show.

This is quite true; the two Jonathan Coulton songs on Rock Band are very, very boring on bass. In two weeks, I intend to ask him why he doesn't make his songs more fun to play on bass ;)

SilentNight
2009-02-10, 05:31 PM
The opening riff to Spirit of Radio would translate really well to a platic guitar. It be hammer-ons of R-Y-O-Y-R-Y-B-Y-R-Y-O-Y-R-Y-B-Y ad nauseum.

Oh, damn, I forgot about that, yes, it would be awesome, especially the drum intro. Also, if we were still back in the GH 1-2 age, something by Rodrigo Y Gabriella would have been great, maybe Diablo Rojo.