PDA

View Full Version : A 6th Generation Vampire From World of Darkness with the One Ring

ArlEammon
2009-02-09, 10:52 PM
The One Ring of the LoTR books grants power based on the user's strenght/personality. Sauron is undoubtedly incredibly powerful with the One Ring. However, I have been playing WOD recently, and I want to know how powerful a fully aged Elder vampire would be with it. What kind of opponents could he face?

Krrth
2009-02-09, 11:05 PM
The One Ring of the LoTR books grants power based on the user's strenght/personality. Sauron is undoubtedly incredibly powerful with the One Ring. However, I have been playing WOD recently, and I want to know how powerful a fully aged Elder vampire would be with it. What kind of opponents could he face?

Depends on the Edition. In old WoD, a 6th gen would get toasted so fast it isn't funny.

....come to think of it, same thing for Nwod as well...

edit: I should point out my reasoning, that is: 7th Gen is available for PCs to start off at. 6th gen simply can't stand up to the ring. You'd want to look at 2nd or 3rd gen. Cain could do it, but that's more of the "Eru said NO" type protection.

Ted_Stryker
2009-02-13, 02:32 AM
The One Ring is really more of a plot device than anything. In that spirit, just have the Ring give the vamp access to the Plot Device power. I guess if you want a system for that, the Ring allows the vamp to lower its generation to 3rd, perhaps by means of the Tremere Thaumaturgy power, and then once at 3rd generation, there's 10 dots in whatever discipline, and away you go.

Alex Knight
2009-02-15, 03:30 PM
The One Ring is really more of a plot device than anything. In that spirit, just have the Ring give the vamp access to the Plot Device power. I guess if you want a system for that, the Ring allows the vamp to lower its generation to 3rd, perhaps by means of the Tremere Thaumaturgy power, and then once at 3rd generation, there's 10 dots in whatever discipline, and away you go.

Your Humanity would also drop like a rock, as would any Path except Diabolism.