PDA

View Full Version : They remind me of middle school...(Creature; MitP)

LoopyZebra
2006-09-24, 07:18 PM
Runtfiend (Rukalar)
Size/Type: Small Outsider (Evil)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1(5 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+3 Dex, +1 Padded Armor), touch 13, flatfooted 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Heavy Flail +3 (1d8+1 plus disease) or Bite +3(1d4+1 plus disease)
Full Attack: Heavy Flail +3 (1d8+1 plus disease) and Bite -2 (1d4 plus disease)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Disease
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +5, Hide +11, Jump +5, Listen +4, Move Silently +7, Spot +4, Tumble +7
Feats: Improved Initiative
Environment: The Dark Lands or other CE plane
Organization: Solitary, Gang (2-6), Den (7-12), Horde (100-300)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small)
Level Adjustment: +1

Standing at around 3 feet, this dark red humanoid is clothed in fouled rags. It grins evilly, revealing small pieces of rotting meat in its teeth.

Rukalars, or Runtfiends as they are commonly known, are sadistic entities from the Lower Planes. Runtfiends have enlarged ears, sharp teeth, and yellow eyes. Virtually none wash, and the combined smell of filth and blood usually gives a Runtfiend away. Runtfiends take pleasure in torturing their victims, given the chance.

Combat
Although not bright, a Runtfiend will usually attempt to ambush a group of creatures, leaping out from cover. Runtfiends are known for a streak of cowardice, and will run from an enemy if it’s ambush failed to seriously injure the enemy; runtfiends usually return later in greater numbers.

Disease (Ex): Filth fever – bite and any weapons, Fortitude DC 11, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d3 Dex and 1d3 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Any natural weapons a Runtfiend has should be considered evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
[hr]
My first creation. I wasn't exactly sure on the CR, or on whether the Disease could be applied to the weapons. Comments?

EDIT: Noted an error with the flatfooted AC.
EDIT 2: Changed the advancement.

Jarl
2006-09-24, 07:19 PM
I like it.

-I'm surprised there isn't something like it in the MM already.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-24, 09:16 PM
This is a great CR 1 monster for the lower levels of a fiend campaign. It has always bothered me that there's such a lack of low-level fiends.

LoopyZebra
2006-09-24, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the compliments, but, is it statistically sound?

Delcan
2006-09-24, 11:50 PM
CR 1 fiends for starting extraplanar campaign? Made of awesome.

MitP: Yes.