PDA

View Full Version : Kara's 'Krap'; Of the Artistic Variety (CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 01:27 AM
Kara's K-Rap

Featuring:

Kara Kuro
And Slayer Draco as my Unofficial Secretary

And Special Nifty Fellow-Artist Mention To:

Vulion - Because he's spiffy and I owe him a few drawings.

NEW CONTEST! (FINALLY)

All you have to do is submit some type of entry (poetry, prose, art of various kinds etc) involving any of number of my characters (multiple characters is obviously allowed and cameos of other characters such as playgrounders, your own characters etc. are also allowed) in some type of holiday/winter/christmahanakwanzaka/saturnalia/solstice themed venue and PM it to me. Multiple entries are also allowed.

I will pick the winners by January 1, meaning all entries are due by then. I'll pick winners in the week following for these categories:
Winner (Poetry/Prose)
Runner-Up (Poetry/Prose)
Winner (Art Stuffs)
Runner-Up (Art Stuffs)
Grand Prize Over-All Win of Awesome (Single piece drawn from all entry categories)

Runners-up will receive a sketch request of their choice from me, winners will receive a clean drawing from me and the Grand Prize Over-All Win of Awesome will receive a full-coloured commission from me that, if they desire, will be physically mailed to them so they might love and cherish it.

-----

Supposed I'd finally just make myself my own little art thread-y things. Because that's pretty much what I read/post most about on the forums here.

I'll make this initial post pretty later. At the moment I just wanted to get some art stuffs up and some notes about my art and my various availabilities.

Kara's Request Info

-Kara now has a working scanner. For some reason it felt obliged to simply start working again. At any rate, I'm up for a few requests. However, I am a fairly-busy person with a somewhat interesting life outside the internets so if your requests don't get done in a timely manner, deal with it or don't ask me for them. I take timely, formal commissions via my deviant art page here (kara-pfee.deviantart.com)

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 01:32 AM
Times to posts some arts! Yay!

A picture I doodles after having a dorked-out conversation of the fictional sub-races of "Valley-Elf".... Like, +2 Charisma, -2 Intellegence. Drawn for nothing more than fun, she has no name, backstory or character sheet. Coloured by hand with Copic Markers.
http://th06.deviantart.com/fs35/300W/i/2008/299/6/e/Golden_Eyed_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Shades of Gray
2009-02-11, 01:32 AM
Are these paid commissions? If not, I may want an avatar done...

By the way, your work is great.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 01:36 AM
Are these paid commissions? If not, I may want an avatar done...

By the way, your work is great.

Nope, free commissions. I just can't garauntee any kind of time frame it'll be done. Unfortunately I haven't been able to shake that thing called a "life" quite yet. I can put'cha on the list to get one... Whenever.

Shades of Gray
2009-02-11, 01:39 AM
Could I get an avatar done then of either my Genderbendered avatar, or my regular avatar, or both of them together.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g16431.pnghttp://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g15457.png

In the second pic the one on the left is the guy I want.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 01:44 AM
Could I get an avatar done then of either my Genderbendered avatar, or my regular avatar, or both of them together.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g16431.pnghttp://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g15457.png

Probably... Shouldn't be too difficult. The only snag is that you might need to format it yourself, as I don't know if my roomate's computer (IE, the one I'm using since my computer bit the failed it's fort save about a week-ago) has the editing software to make them look all nice and what not.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 01:58 AM
Another drawing, and I do love this one. She's an odd, half-unicorn thing that floated into my mind after a friend expressed needed a physical description of one for a homebrew campaign. I never really decided what exactly she was... She's just pretty.

http://fc46.deviantart.com/fs37/i/2008/248/4/d/Unicorn_Girl_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

arguskos
2009-02-11, 02:02 AM
Nope, free commissions. I just can't garauntee any kind of time frame it'll be done. Unfortunately I haven't been able to shake that thing called a "life" quite yet. I can put'cha on the list to get one... Whenever.
Oooooo... wonderful artwork and willingness to take commissions. I need to come to this part of the forums more frequently!

Two things:
1). Your art is really wonderful. I especially like the way you drew the hair on the half-unicorn girl, with it's myriad curls and whatnot.

2). Would you be so kind as to draw my avatar in your style (my current avatar)? If so, that would be delicious. If not, that's cool. I'll just sit back and enjoy your art anyways! :smallbiggrin:

Thanks, and I look forward to more beautiful artwork!

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 02:07 AM
Oooooo... wonderful artwork and willingness to take commissions. I need to come to this part of the forums more frequently!

Two things:
1). Your art is really wonderful. I especially like the way you drew the hair on the half-unicorn girl, with it's myriad curls and whatnot.

2). Would you be so kind as to draw my avatar in your style (my current avatar)? If so, that would be delicious. If not, that's cool. I'll just sit back and enjoy your art anyways! :smallbiggrin:

Thanks, and I look forward to more beautiful artwork!

Thanks for the compliments, I do love her hair. Not a big fan of pink normally, but it's kinda' endearing on such a young character.

Can put'cha on the list - now do you want another avatar? Becuase, like I said, all I have right now is MS paint. No scanner currently available, which is complete fail... But that's a fact of life. I suppose in every life, a few critical one's must roll.

arguskos
2009-02-11, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the compliments, I do love her hair. Not a big fan of pink normally, but it's kinda' endearing on such a young character.

Can put'cha on the list - now do you want another avatar? Becuase, like I said, all I have right now is MS paint. No scanner currently available, which is complete fail... But that's a fact of life. I suppose in every life, a few critical one's must roll.
Actually, no. I just want a drawing (colored or not, as you see fit). See, my avatar is the dvati twins Gork and Mork, one of my personal favorite characters for D&D, and I do love seeing them brought to life in different ways by different people.

So, basically, if you are interested in drawing them, I'd love to see where your mind takes you with them. :smallsmile:

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 05:36 PM

Your request is done. You'll have to format it yourself however. Please credit me when using ^.^

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/ShadesofGrayAvi.jpg?t=1234391769

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 05:38 PM
Here's more art. This one is a lineart I did of an adrogenous/asexual wood sprite/spirit thing. I think it's pretty adorable. I'll post the coloured version too eventually.

http://fc31.deviantart.com/fs32/i/2008/231/a/9/Wood_Nymph_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Vulion
2009-02-11, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the mention!:smallbiggrin:

Just so you know, you are now an artistic rival...you may or may not have a ninja cat seeking you death. He's my cat, he kills people for me, all while being adorable.

You might want to avoid sleeping...at night...ever...

:smallwink::smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Kara Kuro
2009-02-11, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the mention!:smallbiggrin:

Just so you know, you are now an artistic rival...you may or may not have a ninja cat seeking you death. He's my cat, he kills people for me, all while being adorable.

You might want to avoid sleeping...at night...ever...

:smallwink::smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Well... Erm. Artsitic Rival - I'll just have to sick my cat on gaurd duty. Louis is the godzilla of cats.

But I wouldn't worry - if this is like 90% of the anime on the face of the planet, we'll eventually have to join together despite our differences and defeat the ultimate evil.

Blayze
2009-02-11, 08:38 PM
Well... Erm. Artsitic Rival - I'll just have to sick my cat on gaurd duty. Louis is the godzilla of cats.

But I wouldn't worry - if this is like 90% of the anime on the face of the planet, we'll eventually have to join together despite our differences and defeat the ultimate evil.

Ah, anime. Where else can the prospect of two cats fighting take the form of a ninja versus a gigantic monster?

Kara Kuro
2009-02-12, 01:12 AM
Ah, anime. Where else can the prospect of two cats fighting take the form of a ninja versus a gigantic monster?

I don't think there are many other venues... No.

Perhaps it's a twisted, drug-induced homebrew waiting to happen?

Kara Kuro
2009-02-12, 01:21 AM
Here's the coloured version of the previous picture posted (oh, nice alliteration there Kara) of the wood nymph/spirit/creature thing. Done in about a half hour with copics and a crap-ton of blender inks.

http://fc16.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/231/b/b/Wood_Nymph___Coloured_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Vulion
2009-02-12, 01:25 AM
I don't think there are many other venues... No.

Perhaps it's a twisted, drug-induced homebrew waiting to happen?

There's gonna be explosions, blood and muffins. My GOD, the muffins.

They're evil.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-12, 01:33 AM
There's gonna be explosions, blood and muffins. My GOD, the muffins.

They're evil.

What kinda' muffins though? Because I like the cranberry variety. ^.^ Blueberry's a bit over-rated though, suppose they could be evil.

InaVegt
2009-02-12, 07:01 AM
What kinda' muffins though? Because I like the cranberry variety. ^.^ Blueberry's a bit over-rated though, suppose they could be evil.

Catmuffins.

Vulion
2009-02-12, 11:57 AM

Cranberry muffins are good...but that's how they get ya. Damn muffins ate my homework once.

Tiffanie Lirle
2009-02-12, 12:03 PM
Catmuffins
are overrated.

Strawberry muffins are where it's at.

Damn muffins ate my homework once.
You're just trying to make them look bad. :smalltongue:

Vulion
2009-02-12, 12:09 PM
are overrated.

Nu-uh! They totally ate my homework! And by eating I mean I dropped one on it and the cranberries got everywhere...I still blame the delicious, delicious muffins.

onasuma
2009-02-12, 12:29 PM
are overrated.

I think I may have to ask you to step outside, sir.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-12, 01:29 PM
I don't what to say on the subject of muffins... Perhaps only that Louis-Godzilla cat would eat them all given the chance.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-02-12, 01:32 PM
are overrated.

Strawberry catmuffin, don't make me wait for it. Strawberry catmuffin, I'm coming for you...Here I come for you, riding my bike. It's a girls bike (you can tell 'cause the crossbar's really low)

Kara Kuro
2009-02-12, 01:44 PM
Oh my stars... It seemed a thread that was to be about arts has quickly spiraled into a thread about cat muffins.

Interesting....

Kara Kuro
2009-02-12, 03:19 PM
Moar arts. Rwars fear. This one is a tigress centaur-like thing. Inspired by some picture/story in Indian mythology.
Interesting stuff.

http://fc20.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/230/4/2/Tiger_Goddess_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Assassin89
2009-02-12, 05:56 PM
Where are the ninja kitties?

Raging Gene Ray
2009-02-12, 06:17 PM
Inspired by some picture/story in Indian mythology.
Interesting stuff.

http://fc20.deviantart.com/fs31/i/2008/230/4/2/Tiger_Goddess_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

That's some of the most amazing detail I've seen on this forums! Are you an art student or a professional artist-type? Also...what's the story behind it?

Kara Kuro
2009-02-12, 10:19 PM
That's some of the most amazing detail I've seen on this forums! Are you an art student or a professional artist-type? Also...what's the story behind it?

I'm not an art student... Not one of my three majors. But I am a semi-professional artist, I take timely actual commissions via my deviantart account.

She doesn't really have too much of a story, other than what I found in the book. It was more of an alliteration to a story listed somewhere else. Something about a goddess that took the form of a tiger in at a shrine somewhere deep in the jungle.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-13, 11:49 AM
Because I've been uploading a lot of pictures of female or female-ish characters I figured I'd upload one that was distinctly male. Meet Acryn, a character that I used in one of my homebrew campaigns and also a character form a story that I'm writing/drawing on the side. I think in the actual campaign he was a modded pali class. No lawful stupid for him ^.^

http://fc39.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/015/a/0/Acryn_Sketch_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Kaytara
2009-02-13, 12:07 PM
Very nice. :smallamused: Especially that last one. The Fanservice crowd would be glad to see it. XD

Kara Kuro
2009-02-13, 01:13 PM
Very nice. :smallamused: Especially that last one. The Fanservice crowd would be glad to see it. XD

Yeah.. I've been meaning to wonder. What exactly does the fanservice thread do?
Is it just fanservice for... anything? Like orignal characters and stuff?

Ninjamuffin
2009-02-13, 01:55 PM
Yeah.. I've been meaning to wonder. What exactly does the fanservice thread do?
Is it just fanservice for... anything? Like orignal characters and stuff?

The Non-Oots Fanservice Thread is for any and all fanservice that doesn't involve a character from Oots.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-13, 02:15 PM
The Non-Oots Fanservice Thread is for any and all fanservice that doesn't involve a character from Oots.

So it's just... Silly fun-happy time?

Ninjamuffin
2009-02-13, 02:17 PM
Well, that's one way to put it......

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 02:18 PM
Well, that's one way to put it......

There are several others but it's best not to mention them.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-13, 02:28 PM
There are several others but it's best not to mention them.

I figured as much.
At any rate I'll probably pop over more frequently now. More so when I get my scanner working.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 02:33 PM
I figured as much.
At any rate I'll probably pop over more frequently now. More so when I get my scanner working.

Please do, it will be fun. The more the merrier after all.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-13, 02:35 PM
Please do, it will be fun. The more the merrier after all.

Yes, yes ^.^

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 02:36 PM
Yes, yes ^.^

And another person is corrupted through fanservice.
FANSERVICE AHOY! THE HMS FANSERVICE RULES THE SEAS!

Kara Kuro
2009-02-13, 02:43 PM
And another person is corrupted through fanservice.
FANSERVICE AHOY! THE HMS FANSERVICE RULES THE SEAS!

Oh, I was corrupted long before I joined the Giant forums... But I'll let you have your fun ^.^'

Raging Gene Ray
2009-02-13, 06:21 PM
http://fc39.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/015/a/0/Acryn_Sketch_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Please post this on the Fanservice thread. We need something for the unsurprisignly few lady-types that read it.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-13, 07:34 PM
Please post this on the Fanservice thread. We need something for the unsurprisignly few lady-types that read it.

Okay - that'll be my next picture. If that's what I should post, I've got plenty of pictures of pretty men to put up ^.^

Kara Kuro
2009-02-14, 02:45 PM
More arts stuffs. Yay. This time of my Drow rogue, Varna.

He's pretty. I've got more pictures of him... But none of the them scanned or in any remotely finished state.

[http://th01.deviantart.com/fs41/300W/i/2009/024/d/4/Varna_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

http://th00.deviantart.com/fs40/300W/i/2009/024/b/c/Varna___Fully_Body_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

I really don't like his arm in the first picture, but other than that. I'm pretty fond of the way the came out.

Blayze
2009-02-14, 08:50 PM
Well, he certainly looks dapper indeed. The arm in the first picture does look somewhat... atrophied.

Oh, and have you had a chance yet to read through what I linked, Kara?

Kara Kuro
2009-02-14, 09:29 PM
Well, he certainly looks dapper indeed. The arm in the first picture does look somewhat... atrophied.

Oh, and have you had a chance yet to read through what I linked, Kara?

Yeah... I don't like that arm. Really don't. But I lined it before I fixed the arm.

The stuff you linked me to via email?

Blayze
2009-02-15, 06:18 AM
Yes, that's the stuff.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-16, 04:50 PM
Yes, that's the stuff.

I'm still thinking about it... The problem is that things didn't really improve at all this week and it's looking like I'm going to have another scanner-less week. So regardless, it's a bit of a moot point unfortunately.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-16, 05:04 PM
Now for arts. Yay for my characters cosplaying Alice in Wonderland... I blame the fact that I worked for 82-straight hours on this one.

http://fc21.deviantart.com/fs40/i/2009/027/7/5/VictorxLarem_Absurdity_and_Tea_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Vulion
2009-02-16, 05:07 PM
Now for arts. Yay for my characters cosplaying Alice in Wonderland... I blame the fact that I worked for 82-straight hours on this one.

http://fc21.deviantart.com/fs40/i/2009/027/7/5/VictorxLarem_Absurdity_and_Tea_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Yay for nudity!

Raging Gene Ray
2009-02-16, 05:09 PM
I blame the fact that I worked for 82-straight hours on this one.

Without eating, drinking, or sleeping It's one of the greatest things I've seen so far...but is it worth starvation and exhaustion? I'm waiting to see what RHL thinks of that one.

I've seen clothes without cats, but a cat with no clothes? Wait, I think I've seen that, too.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-16, 05:17 PM
Without eating, drinking, or sleeping It's one of the greatest things I've seen so far...but is it worth starvation and exhaustion? I'm waiting to see what RHL thinks of that one.

I've seen clothes without cats, but a cat with no clothes? Wait, I think I've seen that, too.

I should probably correct myself on that... Apparently I rolled for word-fail on that post. I didn't work for 82 straight hours on that picture, more I worked for 82 straight hours and then drew/inked/coloured that picture.

Blayze
2009-02-16, 05:55 PM
I'm still thinking about it... The problem is that things didn't really improve at all this week and it's looking like I'm going to have another scanner-less week. So regardless, it's a bit of a moot point unfortunately.

Fair enough. Were you to agree and get access to a scanner, which of the two parts of the story would you prefer to draw? The fantasy one or the "science fantasy" one?

Interesting picture, also. I really should get around to reading Alice...

Prime32
2009-02-17, 09:35 AM
I have a submission for that contest. Should I post it here or PM it to you?

Kara Kuro
2009-02-17, 11:30 AM
I have a submission for that contest. Should I post it here or PM it to you?

Please PM me. I'll post them all when it gets closer to the end of the contest ^.^

Vulion
2009-02-17, 11:47 AM
Please PM me. I'll post them all when it gets closer to the end of the contest ^.^

Contest?! What contest, may I ask?

Prime32
2009-02-17, 11:55 AM
Contest?! What contest, may I ask?
Heh. I'm going to win at this rate.:smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2009-02-17, 01:59 PM
CONTEST!
Colour This Picture:
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/SiameseCatgirlNice-1.jpg?t=1234833202

The Contest is: Colour the picture (with any media you'd like; digital, markers, coloured-pencil, crayon... whatever).

Can I enter more than once? I've got two ideas for a color scheme... and I can't decide between the two. :smallsigh:

Kara Kuro
2009-02-17, 02:45 PM
Can I enter more than once? I've got two ideas for a color scheme... and I can't decide between the two. :smallsigh:

Sure - I see no reason why not ^.^

-Also, loves your avatar. Mia is spiffy-awesome.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-18, 01:51 PM

Rabbit loves this to pieces.
TO PIECES I TELL YOU
Edit: I rather like that you included spats on his boots. Spats don't get enough lovin'

Kara Kuro
2009-02-19, 11:43 AM
Well... since I have no real scanner access, I can't scan in my few cat-girl pictures I doodled up in light of my semi-informal silly competition with Vulion... I suppose I'll just post moar random stuf! Yay!

http://th08.deviantart.com/fs39/300W/i/2008/351/9/1/Alchemist_Portrait_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

That there is an alchemist from one of my homebrew campaigns, quite a character. He has a tendency to make potions, elixers andll manner of compounds in his sleep and he never quite knows exactly what they'll do.

Prime32
2009-02-19, 12:55 PM
Looks like Allen Walker from D. Gray Man

Raging Gene Ray
2009-02-19, 02:40 PM
He has a tendency to make potions, elixers andll manner of compounds in his sleep and he never quite knows exactly what they'll do.

So is he winking in the picture or just waking up? I like the goggles around the neck, by the way.

Vulion
2009-02-19, 04:27 PM
Well... since I have no real scanner access, I can't scan in my few cat-girl pictures I doodled up in light of my semi-informal silly competition with Vulion... I suppose I'll just post moar random stuf! Yay!

http://th08.deviantart.com/fs39/300W/i/2008/351/9/1/Alchemist_Portrait_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

That there is an alchemist from one of my homebrew campaigns, quite a character. He has a tendency to make potions, elixers andll manner of compounds in his sleep and he never quite knows exactly what they'll do.

:smallcool:

So very cool.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-19, 08:32 PM
So is he winking in the picture or just waking up? I like the goggles around the neck, by the way.

He's winking. He's a bit of a lover of fine wine and finer company, as well as his work.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-21, 09:12 PM
I drew this some time ago (before I dyed my hair purple). A few of my friends drew similar pictures, of our little pokemon-ified selves and some of our favorite pokemon. Not necissarily a cohesive team, just some of our personal favorites.

http://th05.deviantart.com/fs22/300W/i/2008/028/b/3/Trainer_Pfeekin_by_Pfeekin.jpg

In this picture: Mew, Charmander, Dragonaire, Sandlash, Espeon and Absol.

arguskos
2009-02-22, 02:15 AM
EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

LURVES SO MUCH!!! MEW BE SO CUTE!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-22, 02:38 AM
Indeed. I like Dragonair the bestest.
It still blows my mind to think that you do this with markers. MARKERS. HOW?!

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 06:01 AM
We all live in a pokemon world. Pokemon.
I wanna be, the greatest master of them all. The greatest master of them all.
It's time to put it to the test,
To be better than all the rest.
So you wanna be a master of pokemon,
Have you got the skills to be number 1!
That is simply amazing. Charmander is my favourite. Partially because Charizard is absolutely awesome.

Assassin89
2009-02-22, 07:54 AM
I like your pokemon pictures, especially that of Absol.

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-22, 08:04 AM
Heh. Everyone's favorite Pokemon's been different so far. Espion, Sandslash and Kara get no love.
Well, Sandslash and Kara get no love at any rate. :smalltongue:
*Huggles Espion and Dragonair*

arguskos
2009-02-22, 09:43 AM
Hey, everything in that pic other than Absol is made out of awesome as far as I'm concerned... but Mew is clearly the bestest cutest little fuzzy Pokemon of cuteness ever... man, I want a Mew plushy. :smallfrown:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 09:51 AM
I like squirtle and blastoise the best.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 10:23 AM
I like squirtle and blastoise the best.

I remember starting with Bulbasaur. Then I used trading to get Charmander and Squirtle.
By the end of Pokemon Blue, this was my team:
Zapdos - Level 92
Blastoise - Level 90
Venusaur - Level 85
Charizard - Level 87
Dragonite - Level 86
Mewtwo. - Level 90

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 10:25 AM
In my Pearl I think I have (because I lost it

Infernape: 85
Blastoise: 95
Charizard: 86
Roserade: 52
Lopunny: 46
Mewtwo: 74

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 10:31 AM
In my Pearl I think I have (because I lost it

Infernape: 85
Blastoise: 95
Charizard: 86
Roserade: 52
Lopunny: 46
Mewtwo: 74

Ah, I haven't finished Pearl yet.
My team currently consists of:
Infernape - Level 55
Staraptor - Level 46
Gyarados. - Level 52
Luxray - Level 44
Palkia - Level 50
Kadabra - Level 52

Keris
2009-02-22, 10:40 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/080519.jpg
This ^ sums up my opinion of modern pokemon games quite neatly.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 10:46 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/080519.jpg
This ^ sums up my opinion of modern pokemon games quite neatly.

Ah VGcats never ceases to amaze. I prefered Pokemon Blue to Pokemon Pearl. How many legendaries do we need? For crying out loud, sure we started with quite a few, because you needed to start off with a few, but then we got like 5 new ones each game.
Series 1 (Kanto): Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo.
Series 2 (Johto): Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Celebi.
Series 3 (Hoen): Groudon, Kyogre, Jiriachi, Deoxys, Rayquaza.
Series 4 (Kanto 2): All of the above. (Thank god they didn't add any more)
Series 5 (Sinoh): Palkia, Dialga, Heatran, Giratina, Arceus, probably more I can't remember.

Mordokai
2009-02-22, 10:49 AM
Off topic much? :smalltongue:

http://www.gamer.lk/Smileys/default/gamerlk_offtopic.gif

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 10:50 AM
Off topic much? :smalltongue:

http://www.gamer.lk/Smileys/default/gamerlk_offtopic.gif

Yeah, we've gone from art that features pokemon to pokemon, to the games and how they could be better to how off topic we are. Shame on us. Shame on us all. :smallfrown:

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 11:16 AM
My dad should hook up my scanner, I just drew me wid' pokemons. :smalltongue:
(Arcanine, infernape, squirtle, pachirisu, swellow, and roserade. (top 6 faves))

Szilard
2009-02-22, 11:36 AM
Huh, I know a person with purple hair...

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 11:46 AM
My dad should hook up my scanner, I just drew me wid' pokemons. :smalltongue:
(Arcanine, infernape, squirtle, pachirisu, swellow, and roserade. (top 6 faves))

Sweeeet. (Said like I'm from california, dude)
(My favourites were always Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Alakazam, Gengar, Charizard and Infernape)

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 11:56 AM
Blastoise is my top favorite and would bump of Swellow, but he was way big. (and I can't draw shells.) :smallredface:

Shades of Gray
2009-02-22, 12:45 PM
I've always loved Gengar and Alakazam as well. I've also had a place in my heart for Numel for a long time.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 12:50 PM
I've always loved Gengar and Alakazam as well. I've also had a place in my heart for Numel for a long time.

Alakazam was fast and knew how to hurt things. He used to always get first shot and then Psybeam and Psychic did the rest. Gengar was more of a case of "Wow, a ghost, this is really cool".
When I had Sapphire, I chose Mudkip as my starter and caught a Numel for a fire type. Notice how the fire starter is (90% of the time) a better fire pokemon than all the other fire pokemon in the game.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 12:52 PM
And grass. Not water though for some reason.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 12:55 PM
And grass. Not water though for some reason.

Yep, water seemed to have a lot of diversity. If you didn't pick Bulbasaur in Blue you were stuck with either Oddish or Bellsprout, neither of which were any good. If you didn't pick Charmander you were stuck with Hitmonchan, Growlithe or Vulpix, none of which were any good. If you didn't pick Squirtle, you still had Magikarp, which evolved into Gyarados fairly quickly and instantly became badass. But if you had neither you were screwed.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 12:59 PM
Blastoise kicks ass. :smallfrown:

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 01:04 PM
Blastoise kicks ass. :smallfrown:

I know. But he didn't have hyper beam like Gyarados. Or any Dragon-type moves.

Mordokai
2009-02-22, 01:43 PM
OFF TOPIC! :smallmad:

Seriously people, please! Can't you move pokemon discussion somewhere else?

Kara Kuro
2009-02-22, 02:12 PM
OFF TOPIC! :smallmad:

Seriously people, please! Can't you move pokemon discussion somewhere else?

Thanks Mordokai, but it's not that big of a deal. Although I was admittedly a bit surprised to log on today to find my art thread with quite a few more replies than I thought it would have.

Yay Pokemon, glad you all like it. But honestly guys, if you're going to be discussing pokemon at length... move it off of my thread please k' thanks?

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 02:13 PM
Thanks Mordokai, but it's not that big of a deal. Although I was admittedly a bit surprised to log on today to find my art thread with quite a few more replies than I thought it would have.

Yay Pokemon, glad you all like it. But honestly guys, if you're going to be discussing pokemon at length... move it off of my thread please k' thanks?

Sorry. I apologise.

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 02:16 PM

*begs for forgiveness*

Kara Kuro
2009-02-22, 02:20 PM
S'not a big deal... Just sayin. When the discussion has progressed that far... It might be time for a different thread. No big deal.

But I'm glad the picture was so well-recieved maybe I'll post some more pokemon pictures?

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 02:31 PM
S'not a big deal... Just sayin. When the discussion has progressed that far... It might be time for a different thread. No big deal.

But I'm glad the picture was so well-recieved maybe I'll post some more pokemon pictures?

Yes yes yes! :smallbiggrin:

Kara Kuro
2009-02-22, 02:32 PM
More pokemon stuffs! I did this one for a friend who wanted a charmander-boy, that was all she said. So I came up with this:

http://th09.deviantart.com/fs37/300W/i/2008/255/a/d/Charmander_Boy_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

CrimsonAngel
2009-02-22, 02:39 PM
*squeel!* :smallbiggrin:

Fredthefighter
2009-02-22, 03:25 PM
*squeel!* :smallbiggrin:

I couldn't have said it better myself. :smallbiggrin:

Neko Toast
2009-02-22, 11:55 PM
More pokemon stuffs! I did this one for a friend who wanted a charmander-boy, that was all she said. So I came up with this:

http://th09.deviantart.com/fs37/300W/i/2008/255/a/d/Charmander_Boy_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Kara, you should show them the Espeon/Umbreon one, too.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-23, 12:07 AM
Kara, you should show them the Espeon/Umbreon one, too.

I was planning on posting that one next ^.^

Kara Kuro
2009-02-24, 01:05 PM
Lookie Lookie! More pokemon stuffs:

http://fc21.deviantart.com/fs40/i/2009/023/d/b/Espeon_and_Umbreon_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Yay for Eevee's multiple evolutions! It's the stem cell research pokemon!

These are just two of my favorites.

Mando Knight
2009-02-24, 02:04 PM

http://fc21.deviantart.com/fs40/i/2009/023/d/b/Espeon_and_Umbreon_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Yay Pokemon Gijinka (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PettingZooPeople)!

My faves are Charizard and the Dragon Pokemon. I usually don't raise many others, though for a more balanced team I've got a Golem (female by chance, as I was trying to get a good one with a certain ability... though I think of the Geodude-line as more masculine... though Dialga substitutes in when Ubers are allowed...), Vaporeon (my favorite Water-type, partly because I needed a Water-type to get to Cinnabar Island in FireRed... and also my favorite Eeveelution), Bibarel (Nicknamed Bibaslave, as he serves the sole purpose of holding the tactically useless HMs), an Alakazam (or my Mewtwo when not caring about Ubers...), and a Flying-type for Fly... (Staraptor for no-Ubers, Rayquaza otherwise. Both form a viable fifth fighting team member, though I tend to rely more on Charizard, Vaporeon, and Alakazam without Ubers)

Neko Toast
2009-02-24, 02:39 PM

I love the Espeon in this picture. It's so cute! <3

Exeson
2009-02-24, 02:46 PM

I love the colour's connecting the two. I can't say why but it is just cute. I want that Umbreon boy. XD

Kara Kuro
2009-02-25, 04:05 PM
Off of the topic of pokemon a bit... and on to more direct DnD related stuffs.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/HemlockAttack.jpg?t=1235595714

Hemlock, one of my characters for a classic, 3.5 campaign a friend of mine is running. She's minorly psychotic and has a sadistic streak a mile wide that likes to phase in and out of existance... So, needless to say, she's a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Kara Kuro
2009-02-26, 11:38 AM
Kara found a story of hers! Not sure why I'm so excited, this piece is more than three years old and probably full of typos and other errors, but I suppose I'll post it in the event that anyone wants to see it.

It’s a bit odd that they would leave me to record her story. After all, when you think of our odd little trio you would never think I’d be first pick to write anything. Most people assume that I can’t even sit still for more than a few minutes at a time, and while that may be true, I owe far too much to Sayaku not to immortalize her tale. If there exists a woman I love, it’s her. She’ll always be the only one I’ll be able to maintain a companionship with. You may assume I’m sexist by saying that, but I can’t very well deny the fact that it’s true. But I’m getting off topic, this is her story… Not mine. If it was mine you’d probably have scorned it on sight.

Sayaku can’t really be described, at least to an adequate level; words seem to falter at the ethereal qualities that circle about her person. Most would suppose that’s simply because she’s not human, but I believe that she’s special, even among our kind. To me she will forever be a goddess condemned to live in a world among men, yet never has she allowed herself to feel pity on her own account. A bit unfair in my eyes, considering that she would jump to do the smallest amount of good for another person. Though I suppose it’s just another thing that could very well qualify her for sainthood. If I was religious I would have nominated her for the position myself. However, me being… Well, me. I never fit in too well with religion of any age.

I suppose if I had to describe her in words I would start with her appearance. Unlike me, I doubt Sayaku’s ever given a care to her appearance, and would dismiss any compliments upon hearing them, with an innate modesty. If you were to fish around for other opinions; you’d likely get replies such as: “Beautiful” and “Divine” and “Lovely”.

And I would bet that all of those questioned would trail off, unable to describe the otherworldly beauty that envelopes her in its grace. Her hair is a deep, almost ironic, shade of raven: so dark it doesn’t even catch the occasional sheen of navy most ebony tends to reflect. Though I’m not about to say that her long, knee-length hair, lacks luster… If anything, there’s more shine in one single follicle of that onyx mane than an entire head of most others. Perhaps even more than my own, of which I’ve been offered countless compliments: the orchid colored strands of similar lengths. In a sharp contrast her flawless, unmarred skin is so pale, even paler than my own, it seems that she was printed in black and white. That characteristic must have been acquired from her time spent in the world of death.

Oh, didn’t I mention? Sayaku belonged to a tribe of necromancers, who protected the border between the two worlds from reversed crossings. Though she has never explained the entire process to me, as it’s a sacred rite meant only for her Tribe, and now, meant solely for her.

Yet another thing that amazes me about this woman: the soul survivor of a complete genocide, and the last of her kind, she continues her work with an unparalleled resolve. I’ve never seen her shed so much a tear from her useless eyes. The eyes she lost during the attack. She never ceases to astound me, you’d never think she was blind the way she carries herself.
It’s pathetic really, she can do so much after such a traumatic past, and I couldn’t even escape a destructive relationship without her help. Not to mention, it’s due to her intervention (on several occasions) that I found him, although he swore on several accounts that he hated me, and with quite a passion might I add. But, that’s just a mark of the magic this woman can work. He’s beside me right now actually; Acryn, scoffing at the way I’m portraying him. I can’t help but laugh at his complaints, if he wanted to be portrayed in this story, as the romantic hero like in every other, he should have taken the task upon himself to write this. However, I can hardly blame the story tellers for scripting him as a god-like savoir; he certainly has a heroic stature. Acryn could be seen as the stereotypical hero, tall and handsome with the text-book perfect muscularture. He’d be the perfect ideal if not for that shock of unruly crimson hair and his golden-hued eyes. Both of the latter were traits inherited from his father, who was of a tribe similar to Sayaku’s, though they still exist, albeit in dwindling numbers. I too, am just as inhuman as my Sayaku. I came from a thinning race from a well-known, ancient lineage, although if it’s all the same I’d really prefer to leave it at that.

Eventually Acryn drops the subject of his role in Sayaku’s tale (though not without a few mumbled words as to my stubbornness, he’s quite the metaphorical pot to my kettle if you must know.) And he once again leans his head against my hip, my free hand fingering a particularly lively chunk of crimson hair softly, and I know his eyes have closed as he listens dreamily to the unearthly and melodic tune radiating all around us.

She’s there: playing her harp. The small, decorative, silver instrument being one of the last items from her previous life: before the genocide. It aids in her task of subduing the re-animated beings, those who’s time on this plane has expired. Though, again, exactly how I’m not certain.

After a few moments of her thin, lithe fingers playing over the harp strings in their solo, her voice joined the song. Adding a further air of mystery and enigma to a song that brought emotions to rise inside me each and every time I heard it. I’m not exactly sure what exactly these emotions were, although I’m in no hurry to rush them into realization. I think that’s part of the magic of her song. Besides, even if I was able to understand my own reaction to the song on some remote chance, I doubt I’d be able to understand the song itself. It emanates a wisdom I cannot even begin to fathom: wisdom reflected in the woman singing the mystifying hymn.

Despite the fact that her appearance places her in the prime of life, she is so much older than I, the three of us are all under similar circumstances: aging at a rate not revealed in our external images. Acryn is likely about two hundred and fifty by now, while I am at least double that, I’ve lost exact count. Sayaku on the other hand… I have no idea. The only insight I have into her age is that she can also be considered to have none. And in that same way, by some classifications, she is not considered living. Her “life” is absent of one crucial step: Death.

I believe it is because she has no one to carry on her work of protecting the boundaries of the many planes of the world if she were to die, that death itself somehow recognized this, and will never take her life. Though I’m beating around the bush, it’s much easier for you to understand if I state simply that she is immortal.

You’ll have to forgive me for being loath to use that word to describe her, as the one time I used it to describe her I saw her blank, grey eyes darken visibly. She detests the word, although she would state that fact in a much more eloquent way. Saying in her inhumanly serene voice, that it is impossible to hate a word. However I doubt I’ll ever meet Sayaku’s level of thinking, so I suppose I have to phrase it as such.

I only have said the word to Sayaku on one account, upon which her eyes saddened as I said above. Though more than anything it was her words that lead me to never use the word in her large hearing range again.

“Chroid…”

I knew by the way she said my name, that I was not going to like the outcome of this conversation. Not that she was going to be upset with me. No, my Sayaku was above even universal emotions such as blatant anger.

“It is in any being’s nature to want what he cannot have, and I am no different.”

I wanted to tell her, at this point that she was different that the any other being, and not just different: better. But I knew that wasn’t what she wanted to hear. I think, that among other things, Sayaku just wanted to move back into the general flow of life, to be normal and mortal once again.

“ Immortality brings with it great knowledge and power, but also suffering.”

Her she paused, and turned away from me, to stare at the full moon that was so brilliant that night, so many years ago. She then continued.

“Is it any surprise then, I ask, that the greatest wish of any immortal…. Is death?”

I wished at that moment I could unspeak my words and wrap my arms around the woman who I loved so much more than I would or will ever be able to describe adequately, though I knew not only that it wouldn’t help, but that she wouldn’t allow such an action. In her mind, she didn’t deserve it… In my mind, there was nothing she didn’t deserve.

That’s why I started this quest with Sayaku, each of us searching for what we desired. Acryn longed for answers to questions he didn’t know existed before meeting my Sayaku, and I think he has found them. Me, I’m not quite sure what exactly I wanted, although I think with some certainty that I might have found it, with Sayaku’s help, in Acryn. Perhaps it was something as simple as acceptance, or maybe I’ve just developed emotional dependency after being in that a relationship for so long (despite the fact that it was more than a bit harmful). At any rate, I found what I was searching for, and although it was difficult to obtain by the standards of many, what I’m aiding Sayaku to find will be much harder. I’m searching for a way… to kill her.

Immortality comes brings with it great knowledge and power, but also suffering. Is it any surprise then, that the greatest wish of any immortal…
Is Death?

It doesn't really have a title, just something to explain the intertwined relationships between my three "main" characters: Chroid, Acryn and Sayaku. I'll probably be posting pictures of them, I certainly have them... somewhere. Any comments/criticism/questions are more than welcome.

Kara Kuro
2009-03-02, 11:44 AM
So here are all of the entries for the Siamese Cat-girl Colouring Contest!

KidKris:
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/KaraKatgirlColor.png?t=1236011834

Prime 32:
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/karakuro.png?t=1236011879

Mando Knight:
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/KarasKittyColor2-1.png?t=1236011936

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/KarasKittyColor1.png?t=1236011996

Alyssar:

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/siamesecatgirlnicecolorel2.jpg?t=1236012045

Exeson:

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/Colouring_Contest_Catgirl_by_Exeson.jpg?t=12360121 03

HellPuppi:

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/SiameseCatgirlHP.jpg?t=1236012148

Thanks to everyone who entered. Feel free to leave comments on the entries guys, although it probably won't influence judging.

Exeson
2009-03-02, 01:07 PM
Wow, stiff competition. Looking at these mine is terrible.

Alysar
2009-03-02, 06:34 PM

Really? I thought yours was the second best one there. :smallwink:

/i keed, i keed

Hell Puppi
2009-03-02, 08:03 PM

...and here I was thinking yours and mine were so similar....:smallsigh:

Alysar
2009-03-03, 11:47 AM
When do the winner and runner-up get announced?

EDIT: Never mind. I just noticed the edit to the initial post.

Hell Puppi
2009-03-07, 06:10 PM
*pokes thread*. Yeah I know we have a day and a half left, I'm impatient. :smalltongue:

Alysar
2009-03-09, 10:01 AM
Yeah, are the winners going to be announced any time soon?

Kara Kuro
2009-03-09, 10:45 AM
Yeah, are the winners going to be announced any time soon?

Yes, They are going to be announced soon. Things got a little crazy on my end in the past few days. Sorry guys.

Kara Kuro
2009-03-10, 04:53 PM
I'm bumping the thread because I just picked the winners!

Honestly though guys, it was really a difficult decision. I actually chose three because I couldn't narrow it down to only two. I almost picked four then realized that I don't have enough time on my hands to get all of those sketches done!

But they were all wonderful and I thank you all very much for entering!

Hell Puppi
2009-03-10, 05:00 PM
Yay!
Wish I'd cleaned up my entry a bit, but when i entered I only had paint on this stupid machine. Still, I'm glad you liked it!:smallbiggrin:

Alysar
2009-03-10, 05:27 PM
Yay me!

::Does calvin dance::

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7199/calvin2v.gif

Ashen Lilies
2009-03-10, 10:58 PM
A winnar is me! Almost.

:Does happy dance:

Neko Toast
2009-03-20, 09:46 PM
Well, since Kara forgot to do it herself, I'll just clarify the situation myself.

For those who are waiting on commissions and/or are regular visitors to the thread, well, it's our spring break right now. Ever since this last Monday, Kara has been on vacation with her friend in San Diego, and will not be returning until this coming Monday. She said that she brought her laptop with her, but she obviously hasn't used it at all, because I have not been able to keep in contact with her at all via the Internet.

Hopefully, when school starts again, things will return to normal. Just thought I'd clarify this for everyone.

Alysar
2009-03-21, 12:43 AM
Ok, that's cool. I was wondering what was going on, I just didn't want to seem pushy or anything.

Neko Toast
2009-03-24, 10:24 AM
Good news, everyone! I got a hold of Kara the other day. Her flight was delayed due to the crappy weather up here right now, so she stayed overnight at her house, and she shall be coming back up today. I don't know exactly when, but I expect to see her sometime in the afternoon.

Vulion
2009-03-24, 11:51 AM
Finally, I will be able to enact my plan to destroy her.

Heh heh heh. Hah hah hah. HAH HAH HAH!!!

Kara Kuro
2009-03-24, 01:07 PM
Yup, I'm back now. Thanks Draco-Toast for posting that little note. I'll start on the art I owe everyone this weekend. I've got an organic chemistry exam to look "forward" to on friday... (read: Kara's going to die a slow, painful, logarithmically graphed, organic molecular kinetic death.)

But I'll start on everybody's prizes then, however I still have no scanner.... So, yeah.

Kara Kuro
2009-03-28, 03:23 AM
In celebration of the fact that I have a working scanner, I scanned a little character sheet thinger that I did for my avatar's two namesakes, Kara and Kuro.

http://th07.deviantart.com/fs44/300W/i/2009/085/e/9/Kara_and_Kuro_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Raging Gene Ray
2009-03-28, 03:40 AM
Kuro looks more unintentionally adorable every time you draw him. He probably wishes he weren't so cute.

So, did your scanner get fixed or replaced? Sorry if that sounds too personal...I'm a computer guy, it's my duty to ask about these sorts of things.

Ashen Lilies
2009-03-28, 03:51 AM
And suddenly, a great squee was heard.

Kara Kuro
2009-03-28, 11:07 AM
Kuro looks more unintentionally adorable every time you draw him. He probably wishes he weren't so cute.

So, did your scanner get fixed or replaced? Sorry if that sounds too personal...I'm a computer guy, it's my duty to ask about these sorts of things.

Well, the problem I had was that it wasn't working with my computer. I always assumed the scanner hardware worked fine, but for some reason my drivers and software wasn't letting me scan anything because it refused to acknowledge it's own existence.

I just recently came back from vacation, and decided out of the blue to try it and it worked. Like.... Taa daa!

Neko Toast
2009-03-28, 11:08 AM
Well, Kara and I discussed this one day, and we've both decided this: I have become the thread's secretary.

Edit: Ah, I see you're awake Kara. FYI, your roomie woke me up.

Kara Kuro
2009-03-28, 11:14 AM
Well, Kara and I discussed this one day, and we've both decided this: I have become the thread's secretary.

Oh yeah, I'll put you up on the main intro of the thread ^.^

Ne, if you're up do you want to come visit me down here? I'm lonely.

Neko Toast
2009-03-28, 11:17 AM
Oh yeah, I'll put you up on the main intro of the thread ^.^

Ne, if you're up do you want to come visit me down here? I'm lonely.

I'm still in my jammies, though. I should take a shower soon...

Want me to come down and we can sing duets while in the shower? Despite my not-so-great ability to sing?

Kara Kuro
2009-03-28, 11:22 AM
I'm still in my jammies, though. I should take a shower soon...

Want me to come down and we can sing duets while in the shower? Despite my not-so-great ability to sing?

Nah, I think Tara would be jealous. Just come down whenever you feel like it.

UncleWolf
2009-03-28, 11:40 AM
*wonders if he should link the above conversation to the Fanservice thread*

:smalltongue:

Vulion
2009-03-28, 11:52 AM
It'll only work if they send us pictures...or write about it incredibly graphic detail...

*looks at Kara and Slayer*

Kara Kuro
2009-03-28, 11:55 AM
It'll only work if they send us pictures...or write about it incredibly graphic detail...

*looks at Kara and Slayer*

Pictures? From the shower?

Don't be silly. The camera would get all wet.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-03-28, 11:55 AM
TO THE SHIP THREAD!
(But not really)

Neko Toast
2009-03-28, 12:05 PM
Kara, I think we're almost obligated to comply with these people now.

Draw a picture of your avatar and either 1) my avatar, or 2) a soggy piece of Toast, chibified and covered in bubbles.

Vulion
2009-03-28, 12:08 PM
Pictures? From the shower?

Don't be silly. The camera would get all wet.

I would be happy to photograph all of this.:smallbiggrin:

Bayar
2009-03-28, 12:34 PM
I would be happy to photograph all of this.:smallbiggrin:

Me too :biggrin:

Kara Kuro
2009-03-30, 02:17 AM
So... Yeah. Still haven't gotten around to doing the requests that I owe to various people for various stuff and things respectively (I've spent most of this weekend decompressing from thursday/fridays killer exams I had to take because somewhere in the back of my brain something told me "Hey triple-majoring is a good thing!").... So here's a random picture of my drow, Varna. Because he's pretty.

http://fc31.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/085/9/d/More_Varna___Coloured_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Bayar
2009-03-30, 06:53 AM
Reminds me of lineage 2 dark elves.

Midnight Son
2009-03-30, 08:40 AM
That is impressive work Kara.

*applauds*

Kara Kuro
2009-03-30, 10:43 AM
@ Bayar: Yes, I like that game. I borrowed bits and peices from a lot of dark elves/drow concepts for him.

@ Midnight: Why thank you ^.^

Kara Kuro
2009-04-01, 11:45 PM
I started on the commissions I owe my contest winners today. Here's the first one to be finished for KidKris.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/KidKrisPrizeGitp.jpg?t=1238647376

Shades of Gray
2009-04-01, 11:57 PM
Kaku, thou art awesome.

That is all.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-02, 12:07 AM
Kaku, thou art awesome.

That is all.

Not entirely sure what I did to merit that, but thanks ^.^

Here's Hellipuppi's prize.
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/HelliPuppiGitp.jpg?t=1238648631

Alysar
2009-04-02, 12:18 AM

You did a really great drawing, is what you did. :smallbiggrin:

Can hardly wait for mine now.

Vulion
2009-04-02, 12:55 AM
I started on the commissions I owe my contest winners today. Here's the first one to be finished for KidKris.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/KidKrisPrizeGitp.jpg?t=1238647376

If you would allow me to guess...I think you used...markers to color this?

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-02, 01:16 AM

There are no words to describe how truly awesome this is. Thank you Kara, I think you just made my month, much less my day. You get bonus points for the awesome costume design.

My face right now: :biggrin:

Hell Puppi
2009-04-02, 01:42 AM

Here's Hellipuppi's prize.
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/HelliPuppiGitp.jpg?t=1238648631

Wow, that's Nor all right! =D
Thank you so much for doing this as a prize, hopefully her staring at me will be enough to convince me to write the dang story she's in.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-02, 08:45 AM
Well, glad you guys like your respective drawings. They came out pretty easily once I sat down and hashed them out. We'll have to see how Alysar's turns out.

@ Vu: Yes, Copics actually ^.^

Vulion
2009-04-02, 01:35 PM
I knews eet!

Anyway, how are Marcus and Regina coming? Do you still need teh references?

Kara Kuro
2009-04-02, 03:02 PM
I knews eet!

Anyway, how are Marcus and Regina coming? Do you still need teh references?

I would like refs... If you have them. I have something started though, but refs would probably speed up the process.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-02, 03:12 PM
So... The line art for Alysar's picture is done. I believe you wanted me to post the line art right?

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/AlysarRogueGitp.jpg?t=1238702968

Vulion
2009-04-02, 03:54 PM
I would like refs... If you have them. I have something started though, but refs would probably speed up the process.

Well, I hope these help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/ReginanMarcus2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/MarcusRedone.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/ReginaRedone4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/ReginaFinal.jpg

Alysar
2009-04-02, 04:02 PM
So... The line art for Alysar's picture is done. I believe you wanted me to post the line art right?

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/AlysarRogueGitp.jpg?t=1238702968

That is insanely awesome!

Kara Kuro
2009-04-02, 10:19 PM
@ Alysar: Thanks. Glad you like it!

Here's another selkie picture that I drew and coloured because it was fun and silly to draw.

http://fc31.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/092/9/f/Watch_My_Shark_Eyes_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Alysar
2009-04-02, 11:37 PM
@ Alysar: Thanks. Glad you like it!

Yeah, it's great! I get a colored version too, right? I like your style of coloring.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-04, 12:30 PM
Yeah, it's great! I get a colored version too, right? I like your style of coloring.

Yeah, you'll get one.... Eventually. Things just kinda' picked up over here and I want to get Vu-kin's drawings done because I've owed them to him for a while.

Also, don't know if anyone would be interested... But I wrote something today. I'm playing two character's in a friend's campaign and last session they met up with each other, I obviously couldn't have the entire party knowing Varna and Carrow's deep dark secrets, so I wrote up the conversation they had for my DM. I figured I'd post it here if anyone would want to read it, although it's probably pretty confusing I'd be willing to answer questions.

It was probably because Varna was never an emotional man, that he wasn’t quite sure how to describe the sudden flood of… something, through him when she’d said that name. As if she’d somehow opened floodgates that spilled water both freezing cold and scorching hot through his veins. It was an odd, kind of unpleasantly nauseating sinking sensation that he’d not felt, since last he’d heard that name.

Carrow…

It couldn’t possibly be the same man: the Carrow he knew was dead and gone, and, as such, could not be the man that he’d just seen walk through the door. As much as Varna trusted that woman, she had be mistaken. Or perhaps this man was simply some kind of idiot using sullying the name with his unscrupulous purposes.

The thought set another wash of emotion over the drow, though, like the first it was neigh unnoticeable save for a change in those inky black eyes. How dare some mere soldier take the name, did he think it nothing more than a plaything that could be picked up and worn at will?

“Varna?” The woman asked, staring strangely in whom she’d never seen such a behavioral prerequisite of his current countenance. “Please, we don’t exactly have a lot of time in our possession. You and Carrow are to follow after the Halfling.”

In what could only be called his current stupor, Varna managed a nod to his General and followed the man who couldn’t be Carrow out of the door of the derelict building.

This man was going to get what he deserved for stealing such a precious name.

As Varna exited, he met a better view of this man than had been possible in the chaos that had immediately proceeded. On a closer inspection, the man seemed to be of the correct height and build if Varna remembered correctly – and he did. Even through the heavy armour the soldier wore, there was no mistaking that this man was built almost exactly like his Carrow.

It couldn’t be… He couldn’t dare hope…

“Remove your helmet.” Varna’s words were sharp and as matter-of-fact as always, but they still startled the human walking a few paces before him, who had never heard the sullen drow so much as utter a sound.

However confused and slightly shocked at the drow’s sudden outburst, the man turned and lifted the visor and helm that had previously obscured his face.

Varna outright stopped walking. In the middle of a warzone where just moments before their party had been surprised by a volley of arrows from hostile archers, the intelligent, combat-hardened drow stopped in his tracks.

The man in front of him was tanned, although multiple patches of his skin were considerably darkened where there were massive bundles of long-healed scar-tissue. His hair was a dark brown that gave only the faintest hint that it wasn’t black, his right eye a bright emerald in contrast. His right eye, however, was glazed over a milky-white and a star-shaped series of scars crossed over the socket.

Though Varna didn’t recognize all of those scars, he immediately recognized many of them, and the man they belonged too.

The drow’s dark eyes widened, and it was only because of so many years of practiced emotional despondency that do something that would have confused the shocked fighter to the point of attacking him, instead, he only managed a few soft words.

“Carrow… Is it really you?”

At this the man’s face turned sharply from confusion to anger.

“Yes that’s my name. And yes I’m alive, but if you’ve come to kill me again you’ll have to try a hell of a lot harder now that you don’t have me bound in your sick and twisted world, demon.”

Varna’s expression was unreadable, for a moment his gaze drifted downwards. It didn’t take someone of his intelligence to discern what was happening, but somehow that didn’t make this any better. Perhaps Lolth was still set on destroying him for his treachery and instead of death she’d chosen something much worse… He wasn’t sure which situation was worse: having Carrow dead and never being able to see him again, or this… Having the man suddenly so close but yet untouchable.

“So you don’t remember me then.” When Varna’s gaze raised once again to meet Carrow’s his eyes were narrowed in a seemingly controlled rage, he stared up at the human for a moment before breaking eye contact to continue forward in his assigned task.

He was stopped by a strong, calloused hand on his shoulder, he turned to face the man again, against his better judgment.

“Oh, I remember you. How could I forget the infamous Draco Varna?” He moved in closer to the drow, to the point where the two were standing on a mere few inches apart, and for a moment Varna’s hope returned against all odds. Only to be obliterated when the fighter spoke again. “I should kill you where you stand.”

Varna eyes narrowed yet again, in unadulterated rage as he pushed Carrow’s hands from his body, however familiar they felt there. He turned and began to follow the halfling’s path once again, as per their task. “We finish Lia’s task first, if you have any desire to kill me, settle it when there is time.”

The drow continued walking, at a brisker pace now, hoping that the Halfling hadn’t managed yet to defeat that last scout. He needed to kill something.

Neko Toast
2009-04-04, 12:37 PM
Hm. You and I seem to wake up around the same time on weekends, Kara. Then again, I got up a lot earlier than now. Got out of the shower not too long ago.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-05, 10:27 PM
Random doodle is random and a doodle.

http://fc35.deviantart.com/fs36/i/2008/254/b/7/Lamia_Doodles_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Kara Kuro
2009-04-06, 01:59 AM
Ah, so I couldn't sleep because of various stuffs and things (mostly relationship centered-drama among my circle of friends... Blah, hate the stuff). So I started drawing. Expect to see a few more pictures from me in the near future.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/ReginaandMarcusGitp.jpg
Here's a long-due gifty for Vulion. Hope you like it.

Dispozition
2009-04-06, 02:16 AM
Ungh...I need to pay attention to this thread...So much colouring and vectoring potential missed D:

Kara Kuro
2009-04-06, 02:22 AM
Ungh...I need to pay attention to this thread...So much colouring and vectoring potential missed D:

Yeah, feel free to work on whatever you want. Some characters have specific colour swatches and tones, but other than that.... Go nuts.

Dispozition
2009-04-06, 02:26 AM
Yeah, feel free to work on whatever you want. Some characters have specific colour swatches and tones, but other than that.... Go nuts.

Just to warn you now then, I don't pay attention to canon colours...Ever :P

Kara Kuro
2009-04-06, 02:29 AM
Just to warn you now then, I don't pay attention to canon colours...Ever :P

Whatev. Might be interesting to see what you come up with then +shrug+

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 07:55 AM
Off of the topic of pokemon a bit... and on to more direct DnD related stuffs.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/HemlockAttack.jpg?t=1235595714

Hemlock, one of my characters for a classic, 3.5 campaign a friend of mine is running. She's minorly psychotic and has a sadistic streak a mile wide that likes to phase in and out of existance... So, needless to say, she's a hell of a lot of fun to play.

I think I might *attempt* to color this one, just because I need the practice. Is there a canon color scheme?

Vulion
2009-04-06, 08:16 AM
Ah, so I couldn't sleep because of various stuffs and things (mostly relationship centered-drama among my circle of friends... Blah, hate the stuff). So I started drawing. Expect to see a few more pictures from me in the near future.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/ReginaandMarcusGitp.jpg
Here's a long-due gifty for Vulion. Hope you like it.

Hope I like it? HOPE I LIKE IT?!!

*head asplodes at which point a chibi Vulion burst out of the blood and brain bits*

I FRICKIN' LOVE IT!!!

Neko Toast
2009-04-06, 08:22 AM
Hope I like it? HOPE I LIKE IT?!!

*head asplodes at which point a chibi Vulion burst out of the blood and brain bits*

I FRICKIN' LOVE IT!!!

*begins sweeping up the asploded Vulion parts*

So much for going to bed at midnight, eh, Kara? It's almost as if you're trying to avoid Sid's place.

Ashen Lilies
2009-04-06, 08:26 AM
Indeed, it is quite an ubertastic picture. Not as ubertastic as the Jazirian one though. =P

Kara Kuro
2009-04-06, 10:18 AM
@ Kid Kris: Not really... She's got aqua-ish (blue/green) hair and her right eye is black, while the other is a darker shade of her hair colour.

@ Vulion: Glad you... erm. Like it? +kicks bits of brain away from her feet+

@ Draco: Well... Erm. I might be.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-06, 10:35 AM
More arts stuffs (I told you guys I was drawing a lot last night). We finished a campaign - more or less - yesterday afternoon so I've been drawing a lot of the two characters I played. I also told the DM that I'd write the epilogue so you'll probably be seeing more of these two.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/VarnaCarrowReunited.jpg

Vulion
2009-04-06, 12:34 PM
@ Kid Kris: Not really... She's got aqua-ish (blue/green) hair and her right eye is black, while the other is a darker shade of her hair colour.

@ Vulion: Glad you... erm. Like it? +kicks bits of brain away from her feet+

@ Draco: Well... Erm. I might be.

I love it so much, I want to do another art trade just to get another chance to see more of my characters drawn.

:smallbiggrin:

Kara Kuro
2009-04-06, 09:09 PM
More pictures of Varna and Carrow. I wonder where Carrow could possibly be planning on taking Varna?

"I caughts me a drow!"
http://fc27.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/096/6/8/I_Caught_Me_a_Drow_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

CrimsonAngel
2009-04-07, 03:37 PM
I wonder where Carrow could possibly be planning on taking Varna?

Oh oh pick me! He's taking her to have a tea party with his stuffed animals!

Kara Kuro
2009-04-08, 10:59 AM
@ Vulion: I might be up for a new art trade. You want to draw Carrow and Varna?

@ Crimson: Oh god, now I'm tempted to draw Varna in a lacy, fluffy little baby-doll outfit. +squee+

Vulion
2009-04-08, 11:03 AM
@ Vulion: I might be up for a new art trade. You want to draw Carrow and Varna?

@ Crimson: Oh god, now I'm tempted to draw Varna in a lacy, fluffy little baby-doll outfit. +squee+

Well, give your people the number to my people, they'll do lunch. We'll see where that takes us.

:smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Kara Kuro
2009-04-08, 11:04 AM
Well, give your people the number to my people, they'll do lunch. We'll see where that takes us.

:smallwink::smallbiggrin:

And who exactly are "my people?"

Vulion
2009-04-08, 11:09 AM
Dunno, up until that sentence I didn't have people either. Not sure if I even have people now. 'Cept perhaps all the characters in my head.

...Marcus and Regina are pretty good at negotiation though.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-08, 11:15 AM
Dunno, up until that sentence I didn't have people either. Not sure if I even have people now. 'Cept perhaps all the characters in my head.

...Marcus and Regina are pretty good at negotiation though.

Oh dear. Our characters?

I think I have a few that are decent at negotiation, but their either slightly violent or flat-out sadistic.

Chroid: Oh whoever could you be taking about?

Acryn: Oh, I wonder.

Vulion
2009-04-08, 11:25 AM
Well, my pair are known to be a bit rough when they negotiate. Only as a last result.

Regina: You'd be amazed what the human body can survive!

Marcus: If they had just given the truth, all of the violence would have been avoided.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-08, 11:28 AM
Well, my pair are known to be a bit rough when they negotiate. Only as a last result.

Regina: You'd be amazed what the human body can survive!

Marcus: If they had just given the truth, all of the violence would have been avoided.

Can't decide which pair would be worse, Acryn and Chroid or Varna and Carrow. Both Varna and Chroid are pretty creepily unbalanced, and Carrow does have the habit of taking joy in hacking limbs off.

Vulion
2009-04-08, 11:30 AM
Regina is an expert in psychological torture and Marcus would rather shoot someone in the leg than deal with all of the bullcrap negotiations force him to deal with.

Neko Toast
2009-04-08, 11:36 AM
@Kara: I... think I am 'your people', being the secretary and all.

But who are Vulion's people?

Vulion
2009-04-08, 11:41 AM
@Kara: I... think I am 'your people', being the secretary and all.

But who are Vulion's people?

I think Cristo would count, seeing as he made me that wonderful archive.

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-08, 03:22 PM
I think Cristo would count, seeing as he made me that wonderful archive.

D...did I just get shanghai'ed into being V's people?

Vulion
2009-04-08, 03:27 PM
D...did I just get shanghai'ed into being V's people?

*Marcus and Regina walk in and hold Cristo at gunpoint*

Marcus: Come with us.

Regina: Don't worry, it'll be fun. For us anyway.

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-08, 04:08 PM
*Marcus and Regina walk in and hold Cristo at gunpoint*

Marcus: Come with us.

Regina: Don't worry, it'll be fun. For us anyway.

After having seen a year's worth of Regina...I fail to see how this could be a bad thing :smalltongue:

Neko Toast
2009-04-08, 10:52 PM
After having seen a year's worth of Regina...I fail to see how this could be a bad thing :smalltongue:

You and I seem to have pictures upon pictures shoved into our faces, all the while the artists saying "LOOKWHATIDID! :D"

I envy you. You don't have to look at Yaoi 90% of the time.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-08, 11:58 PM
You and I seem to have pictures upon pictures shoved into our faces, all the while the artists saying "LOOKWHATIDID! :D"

Shut up. You know you like it. You certainly weren't cowering in fear when we watched at that yaoi that one time.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-04-09, 12:58 AM
Yaoi; Not nearly as fun as Yuri.
Just MHO.

Then again, I eat up everything Kara draws, so its okay >>

Kara Kuro
2009-04-09, 01:06 AM
Yaoi; Not nearly as fun as Yuri.
Just MHO.

Then again, I eat up everything Kara draws, so its okay >>

Glad to hear my drawings are so tasty Rabbit! Thanks!

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-09, 07:08 AM

To be fair, I kinda did it to myself.

Nah...

...I was just in most of it thanks to the Shipping thread...

Kara Kuro
2009-04-09, 09:00 AM
Oh oh pick me! He's taking her to have a tea party with his stuffed animals!

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs42/i/2009/098/0/c/Baby_Doll_Varna_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Saying 'tea party' gave me ideas. And yes, that IS Varna, in a short, lacy baby-doll dress.

Neko Toast
2009-04-09, 10:03 AM
Shut up. You know you like it. You certainly weren't cowering in fear when we watched at that yaoi that one time.

That's because I was too busy listening to my brain slowly being raped. And then killed afterward.

Vulion
2009-04-09, 10:42 AM
That's because I was too busy listening to my brain slowly being raped. And then killed afterward.

Oddly enough, that's the plot of a lot of hentai's...

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-09, 10:43 AM
Oddly enough, that's the plot of a lot of hentai's...

Just add tentacles.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-09, 10:46 AM
Yeah, she knows. We made her watch those too.

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-09, 10:47 AM
Are you trying to break the poor girl? :smalltongue:

Kara Kuro
2009-04-09, 10:48 AM
Are you trying to break the poor girl? :smalltongue:

..... +shifty eyes+ Maybe.

Vulion
2009-04-09, 10:51 AM
..... +shifty eyes+ Maybe.

Okay, here's a better question. What haven't you shown her?

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-09, 10:54 AM
Okay, here's a better question. What haven't you shown her?

Comparing notes on how best to break people through hentai? :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-04-09, 10:57 AM
Break people.
Yes. That's one way you could put it.
>>
<<

The Rose Dragon
2009-04-09, 10:59 AM

You mean it doesn't happen once you watch more than one?

Assassin89
2009-04-10, 09:45 AM
http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs42/i/2009/098/0/c/Baby_Doll_Varna_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

Saying 'tea party' gave me ideas. And yes, that IS Varna, in a short, lacy baby-doll dress.
That's an incredible picture.

I wonder what happens next. It would be amusing to see Carrow in the same type of dress sitting at a table for the tea party.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-10, 09:57 AM
That's an incredible picture.

I wonder what happens next. It would be amusing to see Carrow in the same type of dress sitting at a table for the tea party.

Somehow I don't think Carrow would fit in the exact same dress. But I see your point. Maybe I'll have to draw Varna's revenge.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-11, 12:15 AM
So, I'm a bit bored... And it's late and I have nothing to do because all of the friends I'm hanging out with are playing Halo and I have the uncanny ability to absolutely BLOW at fps's. So here's a repost of the picture of Carrow 'drow-napping' Varna... In COLOUR!

http://fc36.deviantart.com/fs43/i/2009/098/d/7/I_Caught_Me_a_Drow___Coloured_by_Kara_Pfee.jpg

CrimsonAngel
2009-04-11, 08:36 AM
You never cease to amaze me, kara.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-13, 12:16 PM
You never cease to amaze me, kara.

I do aim to please.

And I have a new drawing! Yay!

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/SlippyFop.jpg?t=1239642568

Behold! Slippy Fop the gnome sorceror. We played a quick 3.5 comedy campaign to teach a few friends how to play and it got very silly. And I kind of now love to play this character, he's so delightfully deranged.

Neko Toast
2009-04-14, 03:00 PM
I do aim to please.

And I have a new drawing! Yay!

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/SlippyFop.jpg?t=1239642568

Behold! Slippy Fop the gnome sorceror. We played a quick 3.5 comedy campaign to teach a few friends how to play and it got very silly. And I kind of now love to play this character, he's so delightfully deranged.

Still debating if I should outlaw this character from the Zelda campaign or not. Mostly because none of the races I'm planning on are unnaturally short like gnomes. Kokiri can't count, because they can't leave the forest, and they will not be in the campaign anyway.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-16, 04:07 PM
So, I've got a few things to share... Considering that my poor thread has been out of commission for a while.

First of all, here's the final lineart of a nice picture (with a lulzgigglebackground) of Varna and Carrow.
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/VarnaandCarrowLazyLines.jpg?t=1239916356

Now, this is a half way WIP glimpse of how the colouring is turning out:
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/VarnaandCarrowLazyMorningsI.jpg?t=1239915944

And last but not least, here's the first part of the epilouge I'm writing for the campaign in which I used both Varna and Carrow, if you want to know anything about their backstory and personalities and what-not.
There was blood on his hands, and his sword. It trickled down the silver blade in thick, meandering rivers ending in fat, viscous drops that dripped steadily to join the growing pool around the body. For a moment the chaos around Carrow seemed to slow, as if he had managed to cut through both time and flesh, he could feel those around him slowly turning towards the corner of the large, vaulted room where he stood. Time stood still as all eyes were on the crumpled form bleeding onto his grieves.
It only took a moment for time to regain its composure.
“The King is dead!”
There was a distinct shout from the hallway beyond, and the man smiled down at the corpse at his feet once more before turning to his other comrades in the room. There was the Halfling, standing just outside the armoire in which he’d been hiding for most of the fight, looking rather apprehensive. The bulbous pink mass he knew only as Durgle (for the few run-ins he did have with Carrow didn’t make him want to spend any more time than was necessary) was standing on the giant canopied bed, evidently ready face whatever retribution was rushing down the hallways of the castle to meet them. The only other human in there little rag-tag group stood off to the side, a bard with sitar in hand.
The woman who orchestrated this entire assassination stood near the middle of the room, one of those eerie green swords in each hand and at the ready. He’d never known a woman quite like her. He couldn’t say, he was uninterested in the possibilities that seemed to present themselves involving Lia. She had offered him the crown in exchange for his success, he could only wonder if she’d be interested in ruling by his side. She was intensely beautiful, equally deadly in battle, even intelligent, she was everything he could have wanted in a woman. The fact that she was elven was of no consequence, even if she was some strange, odd lycanthropic being (although there were really no questions of ‘if’ considering they had all seen her fight). There was only one problem with this seemingly flawless woman, and it had just returned to her side.
In a singular, fluid motion that betrayed agility far beyond that of any normal soldier, the drow jumped from the top of the armoire to return to his general’s side. He spoke to Lia in a voice that was too quite to hear from Carrow’s position not ten feet away.
His expression visibly darkened as he stared at the Drow: The man who ruined his first life, who killed him. Draco Varna. The drow has even stolen his memories. There were entire chunks of his memory he couldn’t recall, he was told that being brought back form the world of the dead could have that effect on a man’s memories, but Carrow had a different theory. He knew there had to be something that the drow who tortured and killed him had wanted him to forget, though it hadn’t been Varna himself, they had been under his command.
Still, how that demon had managed to worm his way out of hell was beyond him. And why in the nine hells Lia could ever put so much trust in him…
“Carrow!”
Lia’s commanding voice drew him sharply out of his reverie.
“Ready yourself! We stand and fight!”
On the heels of her words, several soldiers filed into the room. Followed by the four nobles of the castle and a purple robbed figure Carrow didn’t know. Though fighting had obviously been the only option at this juncture, Carrow waited for Lia’s words; whether encouragement or command. He certainly didn’t expect for her to charge directly into their ranks, upon seeing the man wearing the purple cloak.
Carrow was about to follow her, before he realized the drow beside him was speaking. “Stop. That is Lia’s fight. We take the others.”
He was about to respond before Varna darted away to fire the first volley of arrows down upon their foes. Carrow couldn’t decide whether the drow’s actions were out of necessity or because he simply didn’t want to speak to him. Fine, after all Carrow wanted to speak to that dark-skinned devil about as much as he wanted to contract the plague. Which is what he was certain Varna was; a plague, a plague that would certainly infect Lia if he wasn’t to save her first. After this battle, Varna was next.

Vulion
2009-04-16, 04:42 PM
They're coming along nicely! Very nicely indeed!

Also, if you're still up for the art trade, I've chosen teh two characters I would like to see drawn by you: Ross and Eli.

I'll PM you the reference drawings if you're up for it.

Reinholdt
2009-04-16, 04:48 PM
Impressive Kara. I really like the half-colored one so far. Looking forward to the final piece.

Kara Kuro is a constant fountain of envy for me. :smalltongue:

Kara Kuro
2009-04-17, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys, glad you like how it's turning out as of yet. Carrow's skin tone gave me some issues because the marker I was using for one of the tones was dying as I was drawing.... But I think it still turned out alright.

Vulion, feel free to send me the refs, although I probably won't start until this one is done.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-18, 08:11 AM
More pictures of Varna and Carrow, here's another slightly on the derranged side of sweet:

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/karakuro/VarnaandCarrowScarification.jpg?t=1240060104

At one point in their story, Carrow carves the design of butterfly wings into Varna's back. There's quite a few reasons for this, but I think I'd rather just write them into that there epilogue I'm writing so you can read them for yourself.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-18, 01:59 PM
And last but not least, here's the first part of the epilouge I'm writing for the campaign in which I used both Varna and Carrow, if you want to know anything about their backstory and personalities and what-not.
There was blood on his hands, and his sword. It trickled down the silver blade in thick, meandering rivers ending in fat, viscous drops that dripped steadily to join the growing pool around the body. For a moment the chaos around Carrow seemed to slow, as if he had managed to cut through both time and flesh, he could feel those around him slowly turning towards the corner of the large, vaulted room where he stood. Time stood still as all eyes were on the crumpled form bleeding onto his grieves.
It only took a moment for time to regain its composure.
“The King is dead!”
There was a distinct shout from the hallway beyond, and the man smiled down at the corpse at his feet once more before turning to his other comrades in the room. There was the Halfling, standing just outside the armoire in which he’d been hiding for most of the fight, looking rather apprehensive. The bulbous pink mass he knew only as Durgle (for the few run-ins he did have with Carrow didn’t make him want to spend any more time than was necessary) was standing on the giant canopied bed, evidently ready face whatever retribution was rushing down the hallways of the castle to meet them. The only other human in there little rag-tag group stood off to the side, a bard with sitar in hand.
The woman who orchestrated this entire assassination stood near the middle of the room, one of those eerie green swords in each hand and at the ready. He’d never known a woman quite like her. He couldn’t say, he was uninterested in the possibilities that seemed to present themselves involving Lia. She had offered him the crown in exchange for his success, he could only wonder if she’d be interested in ruling by his side. She was intensely beautiful, equally deadly in battle, even intelligent, she was everything he could have wanted in a woman. The fact that she was elven was of no consequence, even if she was some strange, odd lycanthropic being (although there were really no questions of ‘if’ considering they had all seen her fight). There was only one problem with this seemingly flawless woman, and it had just returned to her side.
In a singular, fluid motion that betrayed agility far beyond that of any normal soldier, the drow jumped from the top of the armoire to return to his general’s side. He spoke to Lia in a voice that was too quite to hear from Carrow’s position not ten feet away.
His expression visibly darkened as he stared at the Drow: The man who ruined his first life, who killed him. Draco Varna. The drow has even stolen his memories. There were entire chunks of his memory he couldn’t recall, he was told that being brought back form the world of the dead could have that effect on a man’s memories, but Carrow had a different theory. He knew there had to be something that the drow who tortured and killed him had wanted him to forget, though it hadn’t been Varna himself, they had been under his command.
Still, how that demon had managed to worm his way out of hell was beyond him. And why in the nine hells Lia could ever put so much trust in him…
“Carrow!”
Lia’s commanding voice drew him sharply out of his reverie.
“Ready yourself! We stand and fight!”
On the heels of her words, several soldiers filed into the room. Followed by the four nobles of the castle and a purple robbed figure Carrow didn’t know. Though fighting had obviously been the only option at this juncture, Carrow waited for Lia’s words; whether encouragement or command. He certainly didn’t expect for her to charge directly into their ranks, upon seeing the man wearing the purple cloak.
Carrow was about to follow her, before he realized the drow beside him was speaking. “Stop. That is Lia’s fight. We take the others.”
He was about to respond before Varna darted away to fire the first volley of arrows down upon their foes. Carrow couldn’t decide whether the drow’s actions were out of necessity or because he simply didn’t want to speak to him. Fine, after all Carrow wanted to speak to that dark-skinned devil about as much as he wanted to contract the plague. Which is what he was certain Varna was; a plague, a plague that would certainly infect Lia if he wasn’t to save her first. After this battle, Varna was next.

Here's part II of the epilogue, digging a bit more and revealing some of Varna and Carrow's messed-up relationship.

The soldiers went down quickly, arrows and swords alike finding purchase on their bodies. It didn’t take long before the five of them were faced off against the noble quartet. All four of them were clothed in expensive furs, with equally regal looking armor. They wielded different weapons respectively: one with two swords, one with an axe, one a staff and the last with some type of oriental dagger-type weapon that Carrow didn’t recognize.
Lia, on the other hand, seemed to have disappeared after the cloaked figure. Carrow supposed that the drow had been right, it seemed that she did have some battles she needed to fight alone. That didn’t put him on any less of an edge concerning the drow, however. He still refused to turn his back to the monster as he fought.
The first of the nobles, wielding dual swords spoke. “Traitors to the crown shall be rewarded the only punishment to fit their crime; death. You have not yet succeeded cowa-”
His words were cut off as he saw his staff-wielding comrade fall to the ground, two arrows embedded in the soft flesh of his neck. The remaining noble eyes turned to the drow, bow only slightly lowered, already knocking the next two arrows to be fired. The nobles ceased their epideictic, and took to battle. The axeman went after the bard, the noble with the daggers went straight after the drow and the swordsman was left to Carrow.
The bard seemed to be playing that ornate sitar of his, rending his would-be-attacker completely enthralled, allowing the Halfling rogue to pick him off easily with a well placed stab of a rapier.
The dual-swordsman coming at Carrow suddenly froze, his weapons falling from his hands. True, his speech hadn’t been finished, but a fragment was all that the witch blade needed. Durgel cackled in success as the noble was rendered defenseless. As Carrow turned around to thank the witchblade, he realized that for all of Varna’s observational skills the drow still had yet to realize what Durgel had done. Most likely due to the fact that the drow as doing all he could to avoid the skillful lunges of the noble seeking to avenge his fallen brethren.
The drow seemed, for once, completely unaware of his surroundings. The perfect opening.
Hot blood seared through his veins, his heart pounding with the thought of at last, tasting his sweet vengeance against the one who served as his tormentor for so long. It took him only a moment to fell the noble before him, the wide blade of his sword cutting a deep gash in his torso as the man’s form crumpled.
Moving with a speed one may have thought impossible due to Carrow’s plate armor, the human quickly found himself in a position that would soon bring the drow directly in front of him.
His hands shook in anticipation on the handle of his sword as Carrow’s single blue eye stared at his prey that the attacking noble would soon bring directly to him.
Though before the noble could herd the drow the last few feet Carrow saw him choke, hot spatters of red coming from his throat. He fell, and Carrow saw the Halfling and the bard standing behind him. So Varna’s defensive status had simply been a ruse to leave the noble’s back turned to the others.
No matter, Carrow’s lust would be sated regardless.
Just as Carrow readied his sword for an attack, the drow turned to face him. The demon’s inky black and red eyes stared directly at his own singular blue one, a knowing look on his pale grey countenance… An expression that seemed to see right through the fighter, seemed to know exactly what he was doing. However, the drow did nothing, just stood before his would-be-attacker and stared at him with that knowing gaze, a gaze that seemed to hold within it an inexpressible sorrow.
Carrow paused for a moment, unable to take his focus off of that intense melancholy, it hit him deeply somehow. He felt the grip on his sword lessen slightly subconsciously and he was appalled that the thought of how easily familiar it would be to take the other’s slight form into his arms.
He wanted nothing more than to kill the man in front of him. The human snarled, his head shaking slightly and his eyelids clenching shut as he drove his sword forward into the body before him.
Varna fell to his knees before him, only the slightest sigh of pain being released from his lips. Both the bard and the halfling watched from behind in confusion and horror. The drow eventually looked up to see Carrow’s heavily scarred face staring wickedly down at him.
“You killed me once. You stole my first life from me in that hell of yours. Now I return the favor, Draco Varna.”
The drow fought to keep his eyes on the face of this man, when he caught a glimpse of something roundish and pink in his peripherals. Eyes wide for the first time in fear, the drow made a lightning quick movement, drawing an ornate silver dagger from it’s place in his right boot.
Carrow’s eye widened in shock, fearing the worst. He should have known it had been too easy to kill the once great Draco Varna. Carrow waited for the impact, in his heart or neck, but instead he heard a choked gurgle from behind of him. Turning behind him, the human saw Varna’s dagger embedded exactly between Durgle’s beady black eyes. The witchblade had two of his own daggers in hand, gripped as though poised to strike.
“He saved your life Carrow.” The human’s gaze turned sharply towards the open doors to see Lia striding in with a firm look on her face.
Carrow turned back to Varna, his sword now withdrawn from the drow’s lower torso where the fighter had struck. Varna was still on his knees before Carrow, now using his arms to support his bleeding form. The drow looked up at Carrow, and Lia was shocked at the expression she saw on his face.
Varna was smiling. In all her time spent with the drow, whom she considered one of her only trusted companions in this bloody war, she had never seem him so much as smirk, and here he was, bleeding all over the marble-tiled floor of the dead king’s bedroom, smiling and looking happier than she had ever seen him since she’d met him.
Though speaking was obviously a strenuous task, Varna’s warm smile remained upon his features as his spoke to the human standing above him.
“You once gave your life for mine, Carrow. I wasn’t about to… loose you again.”
The drow managed to finish speaking before his eyelids fluttered shut, giving the idea that they were becoming rather heavy to keep open. Varna’s reddened form slumped slightly and would have hit the marble floor had, large tan, scarred hands not been there to catch it.
Carrow turned to Lia, his face a variable pallet of conflicted emotions. “Lia! What is he talking about?”
The woman stared down at Carrow, a calmly disguised anger evident in her fair features and voice. “I do not know Carrow. He never spoke to me to this effect. But, come on, if we hurry we may be able to undo the damage you’ve done you stupid fool.”
Carrow nodded, his actions seeming oddly unconscious as he lifted Varna into his arms to follow Lia, trying desperately to ignore how familiar it felt to have the lithe body against his.

Vulion
2009-04-22, 04:14 PM
Well, not to beat a dead horse...I never really understood that saying...why would you want to hit something that is clearly dead is beyond me...anyway...wait, what was i sayin' before?

Ah yes.

Have you decided what two characters of yours you would like me to draw for you?

Kara Kuro
2009-04-22, 05:54 PM
Well, not to beat a dead horse...I never really understood that saying...why would you want to hit something that is clearly dead is beyond me...anyway...wait, what was i sayin' before?

Ah yes.

Have you decided what two characters of yours you would like me to draw for you?

Erm... I suppose I probably should have been thinking about that. How about just Carrow and Varna? Since there's plenty of pictures up of them around here.

Alysar
2009-04-22, 07:30 PM
Now that you're done that big complicated pic of Carrow and Varna (which is beautiful and awesome, btw :smallbiggrin:) any chance of getting the color done on my prize from the contest?

Cade doesn't want to just be line art :smallfrown: Beautiful line art, yes. But still just line art. He has levels in Swashbuckler. He needs to be colorful :smalltongue:

Neko Toast
2009-04-22, 09:48 PM
Now that you're done that big complicated pic of Carrow and Varna (which is beautiful and awesome, btw :smallbiggrin:) any chance of getting the color done on my prize from the contest?

Cade doesn't want to just be line art :smallfrown: Beautiful line art, yes. But still just line art. He has levels in Swashbuckler. He needs to be colorful :smalltongue:

She's at gaming at the moment. I haven't been gaming lately, but I tag along to some of her sessions because I can't stand my roommate.

Anyway, I gave her your message. I'll be sure to bug her a few times, so she doesn't forget. I do request that you be patient, however. She may not have time in the next few days, because we're attending a convention in Eau Claire on Friday. If she doesn't get it done this week, then she'll get it done early next week.

Vulion
2009-04-23, 12:13 AM
Erm... I suppose I probably should have been thinking about that. How about just Carrow and Varna? Since there's plenty of pictures up of them around here.

Separate drawings of each or would you like me to do something special with the two interacting?

Kara Kuro
2009-04-23, 12:16 AM
Separate drawings of each or would you like me to do something special with the two interacting?

Sure, I'd love the latter if you'd like ^.^

Vulion
2009-04-23, 08:26 AM
Sure, I'd love the latter if you'd like ^.^

Alright, I'll get back to you with this in the next three years or so.:smallwink::smalltongue:

Kidding...though it's probably gonna take me three years to get it done...man, I'm a lazy bastard.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-23, 11:07 AM
Alright, I'll get back to you with this in the next three years or so.:smallwink::smalltongue:

Kidding...though it's probably gonna take me three years to get it done...man, I'm a lazy bastard.

Well, that makes two of us then ^.^

Vulion
2009-04-23, 12:20 PM
Okay, so I slightly exaggerated my laziness...

I hope this is to your satistaction.

Any problems, PLEASE tell me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Li_Kenta/KKArtTrade.jpg

Neko Toast
2009-04-23, 03:49 PM

I doubt you want my opinion, but I like it a lot. Your art style makes them look extra-adorable.

In unrelated news, if it's alright with Kara, I might post a couple of my own pieces here. I od OotS-style stuff, but not often. Mostly because I use MS Paint, which can get frustrating after a while. Once I get home, I'm gonna download Photoshop.

I am workin' on something now. It's just taking a while because making hair is difficult.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-23, 03:56 PM

Yes <3 It's lolsgiggleadorable!

I loves eet!

Vulion
2009-04-23, 04:12 PM
Yes <3 It's lolsgiggleadorable!

I loves eet!

*releases the breath he was holding and collapses, cause he was holding his breath for a very long time. And you can't do that, the body needs oxygen*

Glad you loves eet...

*dies*

Alysar
2009-04-23, 04:17 PM
Wait... it really is two guys?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Neko Toast
2009-04-23, 04:38 PM
Wait... it really is two guys?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yes. Varna is a dude.

Let me give you some advice. With Kara, if you don't see distinctive breasts in the picture, then always immediately assume it's a guy.

Thank you, Vulion, for correcting me.

Mordokai
2009-04-23, 04:42 PM
Yes. Varna is a dude.

Let me give you some advice. If you don't see distinctive breasts in the picture, then always immediately assume it's a guy.

This goes against everything that 12 years of education has taught me... not to mention few practical experiences.

Vulion
2009-04-23, 04:48 PM
This goes against everything that 12 years of education has taught me... not to mention few practical experiences.

Perhaps the words 'With Kara', and then the statement makes more sense.:smallwink:

Neko Toast
2009-04-23, 04:55 PM
Alright. The secretary is rebelling against her boss and posting some of her own art! Only this is OotS-style.
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/Pathae/DracoSirius.gif
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/Pathae/DracoSirislarge.gif

The quality isn't at its best. The reasoning could be that I use MS Paint to make it. Either that, or Irfanview distorts the quality when I resize it.

The one on the left is Slayer Draco, or my avatar. An old character of mine. She's a werewolf, which is the reasoning for the yellow eyes.

Dude on the right is her former lover, Sirius. They've had... some issues in the past. Anyway, I had issues with him. I don't have a distinct picture I can refer to, unlike Draco (Kara drew her a while back), so making him was hard. I still don't think I conveyed him the way I wanted to. And combat fatigues are hard to make. ><

Anyway, I hope to hear your commentary.

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-23, 05:12 PM
The fatigues look fine to me, but the eyes seem odd. Were you going for an illusion of depth? Because one looks far too large compared to the other.

Not touching this one with a 20-ft pole.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-23, 05:13 PM
@ Vulion: Don't uh.. die? .... erm, please? No really, I quite lurves it. Now if somebody would pick it up and 'shop in some colours ^.^
Either way it's excellent.

@ Alysar: Yes, Varna's very much a dood. Just a very pretty dood.

@ Mordokai: If it makes you feel any better Carrow was terminally straight, before he met Varna.

Neko Toast
2009-04-23, 05:18 PM
The fatigues look fine to me, but the eyes seem odd. Were you going for an illusion of depth? Because one looks far too large compared to the other.

Yeah, I noticed that. Just a minor error. My hands are a little shaky with the mouse, and I may have been preoccupied with his body. It took me forever to get it the way I wanted it to.

One of these days I'll make a separate avatar of just him, and experiment a bit.

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-23, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I noticed that. Just a minor error. My hands are a little shaky with the mouse, and I may have been preoccupied with his body. It took me forever to get it the way I wanted it to.

One of these days I'll make a separate avatar of just him, and experiment a bit.

I would maybe take the beltline up just a bit.

But then, I'm the wordsmith, not the artist.

Hmm, I just thought of something...why didn't our respective bosses get us anything for Assistant's Day yesterday?

...I smell shenanigans...:smalltongue:

Vulion
2009-04-23, 05:31 PM
@ Vulion: Don't uh.. die? .... erm, please? No really, I quite lurves it. Now if somebody would pick it up and 'shop in some colours ^.^
Either way it's excellent.

Don't worry, still alive.

We must kidnap Dispozition!

Kara Kuro
2009-04-23, 05:37 PM
Don't worry, still alive.

We must kidnap Dispozition!

Okay! +begins to pack for ultra-secret-kidnapping-of-the-good-awesome-photoshop-talented-person+

Wait? How do we do that?

Mordokai
2009-04-23, 05:38 PM
Not touching this one with a 20-ft pole.

Time to bring out the 30 feet one?

Kara Kuro
2009-04-23, 05:42 PM
Time to bring out the 30 feet one?

Personally I'm a fan of thirty-nine-and-a-half.

Neko Toast
2009-04-23, 05:44 PM
Okay, now is the time to point and laugh at Kara! She gets to go to a super-fun Botany test in a few minutes! :smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-23, 05:44 PM
Personally I'm a fan of thirty-nine-and-a-half.

That's the one I whack 'im over the head with when he gets out of hand.

Mordokai
2009-04-23, 05:46 PM
And that's on my good days, mind you.

Kara Kuro
2009-04-23, 05:46 PM
Okay, now is the time to point and laugh at Kara! She gets to go to a super-fun Botany test in a few minutes! :smallbiggrin:

I'm considering changing that kidnapping mission into a search-and-destroy Dracy mission.

Or I would... If I didn't have to leave right now for afore mentioned botany test. I'll just send Varna after you. Careful, he had quite a few ranks in assassin if I remember correctly...

+laughs meniaclly as she creeps away to take a botany test+

Neko Toast
2009-04-23, 05:48 PM
I'm considering changing that kidnapping mission into a search-and-destroy Dracy mission.

Or I would... If I didn't have to leave right now for afore mentioned botany test. I'll just send Varna after you. Careful, he had quite a few ranks in assassin if I remember correctly...

+laughs meniaclly as she creeps away to take a botany test+

... *looks at Cristo* Can I hide out at your place?

Cristo Meyers
2009-04-23, 05:48 PM
... *looks at Cristo* Can I hide out at your place?

Sure...

...but bring garlic.

Vulion
2009-04-23, 05:52 PM
Okay! +begins to pack for ultra-secret-kidnapping-of-the-good-awesome-photoshop-talented-person+

Wait? How do we do that?

Lots of salsa. Don't ask, just roll with it.

As far as killing Draco...what type of compensation for my time and effort are we talkin'?