PDA

View Full Version : Chaos races? [3.5]

RagnaroksChosen
2009-02-11, 12:06 PM
So I was curious if there where any races that have the [chaos] tag in it... or are associated with the plane of chaos. Even a template... could have sworn there was like an anarchic genasi out there or some thing... Setting doesn't matter. Though the character will be in a Ebberon game...

Thanks Guys

Olo Demonsbane
2009-02-11, 12:08 PM
I think its chaond in MM II. It is like the aaismar and tiefling, but chaos. Oh, and instead of light 1/day, it gets true strike 1/day.

PollyOliver
2009-02-11, 01:07 PM
Races of stone has chaos gnomes.

Darrin
2009-02-11, 01:17 PM
So I was curious if there where any races that have the [chaos] tag in it... or are associated with the plane of chaos. Even a template... could have sworn there was like an anarchic genasi out there or some thing... Setting doesn't matter. Though the character will be in a Ebberon game...

In most typical D&D cosmologies, [chaos] = Anarchic = Limbo. There are many popular races traditionally associated with Limbo, such as:

Githyanki
Githzerai
Slaadi

The Planar Handbook added: Neraphim (outsiders with zero LA, hello alter self!). There's also an Anarchic template on p. 108, but the LA is rediculous.

Chaond (under Planetouched in MM2) are humans that have interbred with Slaadi. Their description doesn't really say what plane they came from, but I can't see why Limbo would be a bad guess. They make great grunts if your PCs aren't quite up to taking on full-on hardcore Slaadi. +1 LA though, so not ideal for a PC race.

If you're looking for a PC race, then I'd recommend a Neraph. They are outsiders, so they are automatically proficient with all martial weapons, including the normally exotic annulat (similar to a chakram). This may open up some different combat options if your class has restrictive weapon proficiences, such as druid, wizard, sorcerer, or monk. And if you just happen to get ahold of Alter Self around ECL 5... you can shift into a Dwarf Ancestor with +18 natural armor.

Malfunctioned
2009-02-11, 02:56 PM
I think its chaond in MM II. It is like the aaismar and tiefling, but chaos. Oh, and instead of light 1/day, it gets true strike 1/day.

IIRC they get shatter not true strike, that goes to the lawful ones, then again i'm probably wrong, I haven't looked at the book in a while :smalltongue:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-02-11, 10:23 PM
MM2, its called a Chaond, it gets +4 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha, +2 Escape Artist and Tumble, resist Acid, Cold, and Sonic 5, Shatter 1/day, and the Outsider creature type for a +1 LA.

The Manual of the Planes has the Anarchic Creature template, but its +5 LA makes it rather unplayable.

Teron
2009-02-12, 02:26 AM
In most typical D&D cosmologies, [chaos] = Anarchic = Limbo. There are many popular races traditionally associated with Limbo, such as:

Githyanki
Githzerai
Slaadi
Githyanki live in the Astral Plane, and both Gith races are lawful.[/nitpick]

BobVosh
2009-02-12, 02:44 AM

Yes, but everything is in Astral Plane. Everything.

Anyway, who would want to be a Gith over a giant, mutant chaos frog?

kpenguin
2009-02-12, 04:22 AM

Githyanki are Chaotic Evil and Githezerai are Any Neutral.