PDA

View Full Version : Buying Origin direct-to-drive?

Zerg Cookie
2009-02-11, 02:27 PM
I want to buy and read the book "On the origins of the PCs", but I live in Israel
I couldn't find the book from retailers in Israel, and a shipment from the states costs more than the book itself.

So I was thinking: Is it possible to buy the book using Paypal/an international credit card, and download it directly to my computer?

If this isn't the place to post it, I'm sorry. But I have no idea where else to post it

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-11, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure about getting a copy, but I know that you can't get it online at all. Sorry.

Querzis
2009-02-11, 03:37 PM
Sorry but I'm afraid there is really no other way to get the books. I live in Canada and even here the shipment from the states to get Start of Darkness and Origins of the PC cost me a lot more then the books themselves (though the fact that I live in a freanch province probably had something to do with it). I can only imagine how expensive it must be in Israel.

Lupy
2009-02-11, 09:58 PM
If you write Mister Burlew he might be able to help you. Just a thought.

Corwin Weber
2009-02-11, 10:23 PM
Honestly, if Giant hasn't considered it, (I don't know if he has or not) direct to drive through Piazo (sp?) or something would be a really good idea. I know he's said he won't sell through big box chains like B&N..... but online is a different market.

I'd buy it. It wouldn't be as good as hard copy, but hell I spend most of my time in front of my computer anyway....

yaron
2009-02-11, 11:01 PM
'Freak' in Tel Aviv carry all OOTS books.
I think they got a shipment some weeks back, so they might still have them. Otherwise, they can contact you when they get another batch. Origins is listed on their website at 85 NIS.

Contact info:
03-6961826
www.freak.org.il

Yaron

Fale
2009-02-12, 01:49 AM
I live in Canada and even here the shipment from the states to get Start of Darkness and Origins of the PC cost me a lot more then the books themselves.

I live in New Zealand and I share the same problem. I really would love to read them too. I think that shipping is due to the size of the books (they're meant to be lot bigger then the first two), because I don't my first order was half as much as what it was currently.

kusje
2009-02-12, 01:58 AM
Hmmm, anyone know where I can get them in Singapore?