PDA

View Full Version : New Class: Rouge

Drudwyn
2005-08-11, 03:19 PM
I've been reading a great deal on these boards about a "Rouge" character class. Unfortunately, I've been unable to locate this class in any of my core books, nor at d20srd.org. I would appreciate any guidance as to where to locate this illusive and yet popular class; but in the meantime, I thought it might be useful to draw up a Rouge class on my own. Please let me know how well this approximates the actual Rouge class.

Rouge

Alignment: Any.
Race: Any non-orc or half-orc.
Hit Die: d6.

Class Skills:

The [EDIT] rouge’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise Person (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Craft (cosmetics) (Int), Disguise (gender) (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Flattery (Cha)*, Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (bar scene) (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (vamp) (Cha), Perform (exotic dancing) (Cha), Profession (aspiring actor) (Wis), Search (clothing) (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).

*Functionally equivalent to Diplomacy, but modified by clothing check penalties.

Skill Points at 1st Level:
(8 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level:
8 + Int modifier.

Level Special

1st Spank attack +1d6, bedfinding
2nd Evasion, Improved B**ch-slap
3rd Spank attack +2d6, bed sense +1
4th Uncanny Dodge
5th Spank attack +3d6
6th Bed sense +2
7th Spank attack +4d6
8th Improved uncanny dodge
9th Spank attack +5d6, bed sense +3
10th Specal ability
11th Spank attack +6d6
12th Bed sense +4
13th Spank attack +7d6, special ability
14th
15th Spank attack +8d6, bed sense+5
16th Special ability
17th Spank attack +8d6, bed sense+5
18th Bed sense +6
19th Spank attack +10d6, special ability
20th

Class Features:

All of the following are class features of the rouge.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:

Rouges are proficient with the whip and chain. In addition, Rouges gain as a class ability the use of crippling insults as a ranged touch attack dealing 1d4 subdual damage. Rouges are proficient with light clothing and black leather, but not with casual attire.

Spank Attack: If a rouge can catch an opponent in bed or virtually asleep, she can spank a vital spot for extra damage.

The rouge’s spank attack deals extra subdual damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rouge seduces her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases by 1d6 every two rouge levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a spank attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.

A rouge’s invective is so powerful it can spank even sleeping or virtually asleep opponents. She can use crippling insults dealing non-lethal subdual damage (1d4) during an spank attack. A rouge can also use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a spanking.

Ranged attacks can count as spank attacks only if the target is within 10 feet.

A rouge can spank only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to spank. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to spanking. The rouge must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A rouge cannot spank while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.

Improved B$tch-slap: Rouges can swing their hips into unarmed attacks. When using an unarmed attack to deal subdual damage, the rouge is treated as being one size larger for purposes of damage dice. Spank Attack dice are not changed by this ability.

Bedfinding: Rouges (and only rouges) can use the Search skill to locate suitable bedding when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20.

Finding a nonmagical bed has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden. Finding a magic bed has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.

Rouges (and only rouges) can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic beds. A magic bed generally has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.
A rouge who beats a bed's DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check can study a bed, figure out how it works, and utilize it (with her party) without disarming it.

Bed Sense (Ex): At 3rd level, a rouge gains an intuitive sense that alerts her to danger from beds, giving her a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid unintentional bedding and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made in bed. These bonuses rise to +2 when the rouge reaches 6th level, to +3 when she reaches 9th level, to +4 when she reaches 12th level, to +5 at 15th, and to +6 at 18th level.

Bed sense bonuses gained from multiple classes stack.

Crippling Slur (Ex): A rouge with this ability can verbally spank opponents with such precision that her insults weaken and hamper them. An opponent damaged by one of her insults during a spank attack also takes 2 points of Charisma damage. Ability points lost to damage return on their own at the rate of 1 point per day for each damaged ability.

Evasion (Ex): At 2nd level and higher, a rouge can avoid even insults and direct questions with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an query that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage.

Evasion can be used only if the rouge is wearing light clothing or no clothing. A helpless rouge does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 4th level, a rouge can react to a spanking before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or approached by an invisible spanker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

If a rouge already has uncanny dodge from a different class she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A rouge of 8th level or higher can no longer be spanked.

This defense denies another rouge the ability to attack the character by spanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more rouge levels than the target does.

If a character already has uncanny dodge (see above) from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rouge level required to spank the character.

Special Abilities

On attaining 10th level, and at every three levels thereafter (13th, 16th, and 19th), a rouge gains a special ability of her choice from among the following options.

Duvet Wrestler (Ex): A rouge with this ability has exceptional grappling abilities in bed. She can apply twice her Bed sense modifier to grapple checks.

Improved Evasion (Ex): This ability works like evasion, except that while the rouge still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against questions she henceforth takes only half damage on a failed save. A heavily clothed rouge does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Opportunist (Ex): Once per round, the rouge can attempt a flattery of opportunity against an opponent who has just been insulted by another character. This attack counts as the rouge’s flattery of opportunity for that round. Even a rouge with the Boudoir Reflexes feat can’t use the opportunist ability more than once per round.

Skill Mastery: The rouge becomes so certain in the use of certain skills that she can use them reliably even under adverse conditions.

Upon gaining this ability, she selects a number of skills equal to 3 + her Intelligence modifier. When making a skill check with one of these skills, she may take 10 even if stress and distractions would normally prevent her from doing so. A rouge may gain this special ability multiple times, selecting additional skills for it to apply to each time.

Slippery Mind (Ex): This ability represents the rouge’s ability to wriggle free from magical effects that would otherwise control or compel her. If a rouge with slippery mind is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She gets only this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw.

Feat: A rouge may gain a bonus feat in place of a special ability.

Xvos
2005-08-11, 03:32 PM
Very funny! I think that maybe Vaarsuvius has a few levels of this or has been taking Disguise (Gender) Cross Class.

Adghar
2005-08-11, 03:48 PM
She can use crippling insults dealing non-lethal subdual damage (1d4) during an spank attack.

[thought bubble apparition]
"Non-lethal subdual damage is when a character is wounded so lightly, she would not even take a point of non-lethal or subdual damage. Any already non-lethal unarmed attack or harsh insult may be changed into a non-lethal subdual attack at a -4 penalty. If the total of non-lethal subdual damage you have taken exceeds your HP - your subdual damage, then you are nauseated until your non-lethal subdual damage falls under your subdual damage. If your non-lethal subdual damage exceeds the sum of your HP and your HP - your subdual damage, you are unconscious as per the non-lethal damage description.

Characters without fast healing regain non-lethal subdual damage at the rate of 1 point every 5 minutes. Characters with fast healing are immune to non-lethal subdual damage.[/thought bubble apparition]

GENIUS!

Race: Any non-orc or half-orc.

What about goblins, kobolds, hobgoblins, lizardymen, etc.?

All in all a pretty good class, but a little on the underpowered side. If you compare it to the rogue class, you'll note that you are basically gaining the same benefits though usually only in bed. Though bedfinding is useful for finding a good place to rest and Spank Attack helps if you're a non-lethal damage dealer. Or a non-lethal subdual damage dealer.

TSGames
2005-08-11, 04:10 PM
Ha, this is great!

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:

Rouges are proficient with the whip and chain. In addition, Rouges gain as a class ability the use of crippling insults as a ranged touch attack dealing 1d4 subdual damage. Rouges are proficient with light clothing and black leather, but not with casual attire.
This is awesome! In my games I just have the players make will saves to resist emotional damage, I guess 1d4 subdual works better.

Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to spanking.
I'll remember this one next time I DM.

Bed Sense (Ex): At 3rd level, a rouge gains an intuitive sense that alerts her to danger from beds, giving her a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid unintentional bedding and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made in bed. These bonuses rise to +2 when the rouge reaches 6th level, to +3 when she reaches 9th level, to +4 when she reaches 12th level, to +5 at 15th, and to +6 at 18th level.
I begin to wonder if "rogue" is the appriate name for this class.

Crippling Slur (Ex): A rouge with this ability can verbally spank opponents with such precision that her insults weaken and hamper them. An opponent damaged by one of her insults during a spank attack also takes 2 points of Charisma damage. Ability points lost to damage return on their own at the rate of 1 point per day for each damaged ability.
I am definetely adding that to a class's abilities, maybe the wizard's.
Wizard:While I spank the orc I begin to tell Yo moma jokes.
DM:After doing this for the third time you reduce his charisma to 1.
Wizard:Ha! Now to try this on the party sorcerer!

endoperez
2005-08-11, 04:30 PM
In addition, Rouges gain as a class ability the use of crippling insults as a ranged touch attack dealing 1d4 subdual damage.

:o This is way cool! How did you come up with this! This is very well-known ability, and this implementation just is soo perfect: "ranged touch attack" in a literal sense!

I wonder if a Cantrip would be enough, or if it should be a 1st level spell... ;D

Randomman413
2005-08-11, 04:40 PM
omg. this is so cool. i can see it now...

Rouge:GARRRRH? Yeah? WELL YOUR JUST A STUPID ORC PEON!!!
Orc Peon:Well...*sniff*..stop it...you...you...you...meanie...
Rouge:MEANIE? IS THAT THE BEST YOUVE GOT? PANSY!
Orc Peon:...*snaps*ILL SHOW YOU WHO THE PANSY IS!!! AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Rouge:...$hit...

TroyXavier
2005-08-11, 06:39 PM
Chuckles. That's a great class. Got to try it in a humor game sometime. ;D

WhiteMonkey
2005-08-11, 06:45 PM
Class Skills:

The rogue’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise Person (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Craft (cosmetics) (Int), Disguise (gender) (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Flattery (Cha)*, Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (bar scene) (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (vamp) (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (clothing) (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).

Oops! in the first sentence here it looks like you reverted to that other class's spelling.

Force of habit?

Zho
2005-08-11, 07:15 PM
This would fit right into the Munchkin games

Drudwyn
2005-08-11, 07:43 PM
Oops! in the first sentence here it looks like you reverted to that other class's spelling.

Force of habit?

ARRGH!!! Curse you, rogue class, curse you.

And thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually thinking about using this as a multi-class option in my next game. Might be really funny / spookily appropriate with some enchanters.

*Dominate Person*
"Bend over!"

Zoena
2005-08-11, 08:42 PM
Looking at the title I kept thinking of Tammy-Fay Baker. She must get a + to AC because of all the layers of makeup. Not to mention the gorgon-like effects of looking directly at her.. *shudder*

Randomman413
2005-08-11, 08:43 PM
wow. i just noticed zoenas avvie. dang...thats hot. ;)

Zoena
2005-08-11, 08:55 PM
Meh? I have a Sasami thing... A friend calls it a fetish. Every board I'm on no matter what it is, I have Sasami avatars (90% of the boards I'm on are anime boards, so no problems there) and this is my seasonal summer one. I think my cool winter one that I animated to have falling snow is much more interesting ^_^

Venatius
2005-08-12, 12:47 AM
wow. i just noticed zoenas avvie. dang...thats hot. ;)

"Eight-year-olds, dude."

Zoena
2005-08-12, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I find that lolicon thing a bit creepy too, even if she is technically a couple thousand years old.

Phasm
2005-08-12, 02:39 AM
::cracks up::

I love it! Wonder if one of the resident artists would deign to draw a rouge?

Y'know, there should be a couple more Perform skills on the class list. I was thinking Perform: exotic dancing ;) And shouldn't a rouge get Improved Unarmed Strike?

R: Improved bitch-slap, yo! ::rolls dice::
DM: The orc reels in pain, and you can see the imprint of your hand in its green flesh.
(next turn)
R: Called shot, unarmed- kick to the groin!
DM: ::winces:: The orc doubles over, wailing, clearly stunned and nauseated by your attack.
FIGHTER: Coup de grace!

AdInfinitum
2005-08-12, 02:51 AM
Very funny. But Improved Evasion still says rogue, and one class getting both Bed Sense +6 and Trap Sense +4 seems a bit much. ;)

The Glyphstone
2005-08-12, 06:20 AM
The Rouge definitely needs Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat at Level 1. Maybe add the following to the list of special abilities as well:

Improved B****-slap:
When using an unarmed attack to deal subdual damage, the rouge is treated as being one size larger for purposes of damage dice. Spank Attack dice are not changed by this ability.

Drudwyn
2005-08-12, 01:38 PM
Thanks!

one class getting both Bed Sense +6 and Trap Sense +4 seems a bit much. ;)

What is this "trap-sense" of which you speak? Doubtless a thinly disguised rip-off by that derivative *other* class...

mr._Tentacles
2005-08-15, 12:01 PM
Great class, hope my DM will let me play one.

mcc
2005-08-15, 08:29 PM
This is quite neat, but in order for this to be particularly useful for me I'm going to need to know how to convert it to the D02 system (http://www2.hawaii.edu/~rdeese/RPG/D02/D02.htm)...

TSGames
2005-08-15, 08:41 PM
CharGen:
Get a sheet of paper. Write some stuff on it, or draw on it or something. This is your character sheet. Write some stats or numbers or something on it if that will make you feel better. Stuff like, "kill every mutha in the room" and "punch babies in the face"

Too many characters have I seen like this. *Shivers*

Adghar
2005-08-15, 10:38 PM
Thanks!

What is this "trap-sense" of which you speak? Doubtless a thinly disguised rip-off by that derivative *other* class...

« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2005, 10:44am by Drudwyn »

The ability to modify posts online is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

idksocrates
2005-09-15, 02:52 PM
I think I might make a Rouge, but it does need some tweaking to make it more usable in normal combat. As it stands, its only really good in bed.

Gordon
2005-09-15, 04:23 PM
As it stands, its only really good in bed.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Jeeves
2005-09-15, 08:10 PM
*Clapping*

Beautiful. It's things like these that make me realize I have no imagination. Clever. Amazing.

-J

prufock
2005-09-15, 09:04 PM
Very nice. ;D

However, if you're going to make a joke out of people's spelling, you might want to change that "illusive" to elusive.

waspsmakejam
2005-09-16, 07:32 PM
However, if you're going to make a joke out of people's spelling, you might want to change that "illusive" to elusive.

Rouges are definitely illusive. Or were until now ...

Its rogues that are elusive.

Gorbash Kazdar
2005-09-16, 09:52 PM
As it stands, its only really good in bed.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
Hey, it works for me ;)

Really, I like this a lot since the rogue/rouge mixup is one of my big pet peeves. Very funny piece of work!

VariaVespasa
2005-09-17, 12:07 AM
Actually, given how theyre often depicted, especially in certain shlock novels these days, I'd say that some vampires would be vulnerable to spanking too... :P

*Hugs*
Varia

prufock
2005-09-17, 09:14 AM
Rouges are definitely illusive. Or were until now ...

Its rogues that are elusive.

I suppose they are that too, it just didn't seem to fit in the context of the sentence.

Either way, still funny.

waspsmakejam
2005-09-19, 01:20 PM
You know, Sir Percey Blakeney definitely had some levels in rouge.

Hadrian_Emrys
2006-04-11, 07:42 AM
My beloved Scarlet Pimpernel also had levels in that other foppish class that was up a while ago too. :P

Rei_Jin
2006-04-11, 07:51 AM
Thread-ro-mancy Alert!!!

It rises again from the dead!

Hadrian_Emrys
2006-04-11, 08:01 AM
How odd. It showed up as a page 2 thread when I posted. :P

Jack Mann
2006-04-11, 08:04 AM
Do I detect the Hothan hand of WampaX in this?

Ambrogino
2006-04-11, 08:47 AM
Do the god of not eating very much next! That one drives me crazy too.

WampaX
2006-04-11, 11:19 AM
Do I detect the Hothan hand of WampaX in this?

Nope. All I did was link to it in another thread and it is part of the Compendium up there.

Rei_Jin,
We may be seeing a few more of these resurrected as people wander through the Compendium and decide to comment on what they find there. No one will get in trouble for necromantically ressurecting one of the threads found there.

Illsbane
2006-04-11, 11:21 AM
o_o; This class is so wrong ...

Rei_Jin
2006-04-11, 12:08 PM
Rei_Jin,
We may be seeing a few more of these resurrected as people wander through the Compendium and decide to comment on what they find there. No one will get in trouble for necromantically ressurecting one of the threads found there.

Now my dream of being a necro-master can come true!

*Dons black mask and cape*

Arise, my precious ones and destroy!

Pester
2006-05-14, 05:26 PM
I really hate to be a threadromancer, but since this class is still linked to on a fairly regular basis, I felt compelled to add this comic of a rouge in action (http://www.darklegacycomics.com/41.html) for posterities sake.

idksocrates
2006-05-14, 05:56 PM
I really hate to be a threadromancer, but since this class is still linked to on a fairly regular basis, I felt compelled to add this comic of a rouge in action (http://www.darklegacycomics.com/41.html) for posterities sake.

lol! funny comic. It had been so long since I had seen this thread that I was reading through, thinking someone had remade the class, and was surprised when I found one of my own posts here :P

Elurindel
2006-05-14, 06:37 PM
Heheh, have to say I love this class, because so many people get the spelling of "rogue" wrong.

Myatar_Panwar
2006-09-24, 01:33 AM
Thats the joke....

Moribundus
2006-09-24, 01:52 PM
Actually, given how theyre often depicted, especially in certain shlock novels these days, I'd say that some vampires would be vulnerable to spanking too... :P

*Hugs*
Varia
*Cough*AnitaBlake*Cough*