PDA

View Full Version : Dreams in the Playground

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-11, 05:03 PM
This new thread comes to you though "Seems like a good idea at the time" industries, a subsidiary of ThanCorp.

Thanatos the Undreaming here with a simple request:
What are your dreams, Playgrounders? Those little mental excercises your brain goes through when your body is asleep.
Tell us, the vast and welcoming* Internets about all our dreams! The boring ones you remeber, the awesome ones you barely recall (a la XKCD), your darkest nightmares, and the just plain... well, wierd. ("Why did you eat my pizza, Santa Claus?").

Please, speak to us, the barely-faced and proabably Facebook'd masses!

I'd start, but... well...
I'm Thanatos the Undreaming for a reason.

* May be vaster and less welcoming than advertised

Thufir
2009-02-11, 05:18 PM
Hmm. My dreams come in 2 main types. Some are really strange; these I remember pretty well and make a note of in my diary. They other sort are freakishly realistic. Like, the following day I'll be thinking I'll have to sort out some meetup with friends, when I remember that the initial conversation didn't actually happen in the world outside my mind.

I had a dream a little while back which included some playgrounders, actually. It's all pretty vague, but I remember something about a 30 day hunt, which Wolfbane was somehow involved with; and I may also have had playgrounders as Family Guy characters: specifically that I remember, happyturtle as Lois and Twobit as Brian :smallconfused: Twobit actually looked exactly like Brian as well, except his fur was less smooth, and DarkOrange.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-02-11, 05:18 PM
Hmm, like you, I hadn't had (Or at least not remembered) my dreams for quite a long time, up until very recently. I mentioned a little while ago somewhere that a childhood dream of mine had returned, (With Serpentine in it, for reasons I cannot fathom.) and this week I have been suffering from a recurring nightmare that just will not let me sleep. I look and feel like a wreck, now... I think I liked it better when I didn't dream at all.

adanedhel9
2009-02-11, 06:09 PM
Nice timing - I just found my old dream log. I don't remember very many dreams; often when I do, I the details fade by the time I'm concious enough to report them. But the ones I have managed to record are quite complex and random, and I remember them for some time. Rereading this log, there's only a couple that I don't remember at all.

Actual quote from the log:

We compare different brands of syrup (the difference between Butterworth’s and Mrs. Butterworth’s is that Mrs. Butterworth’s contains soap to reduce stickiness).

Spiryt
2009-02-11, 06:14 PM
I usually just forget my dreams, even though they can be weird.

But i can remember few interesting ones.

Like when I was sitting in my room with some guys, and we were listening some music. Then we went down with speakers and stuff, and from whatever reason it was Metallica down there, and they began to play.

And they played awesome track. It was great music, from my head. Too bad I can't really remember tune now. If I had half of crap of musical ear, I would be maybe able to put it down somehow, eh.

Helanna
2009-02-11, 06:24 PM
I don't remember my dreams very often, but when I do . . . well, whatever I'm eating before bed, I either need more of it or less, I can't decide.

Most of the time, I forget them shortly after waking up (yes, a la xkcd), but there are a few I remember vividly.

For example, there was this one with this boy, who I've never seen before. But in the dream he was my best friend. Also, he had a chess set in his locker (your guess is as good as mine here.) And then one day he got kidnapped or something, and all of a sudden he was back but he was different somehow.

Suddenly I was in a tiny village organizing a revolution. These dreams did not have any connection, as far as I can tell. In the revolution I think I got sentenced to execution by an electric-chair type machine, but it didn't work. And then suddenly I was standing on the ice of a frozen river, and I heard some yells from upstream, then the ice began cracking apart.

Then I woke up, wrote it all down so I wouldn't forget them, and then worried about my overall sanity for a while. These dreams were a lot more vivid than usual, so it was weird.

RS14
2009-02-11, 07:15 PM
I don't remember many. Here's one recent dream, though:

I was with my best friend watching an enormous spider climb a tree. The tree was huge, most likely a redwood, and the spider was 0.5m-1.0m in length. She had a bulbous body, not unlike a Common House Spider, but with somewhat shorter legs, relative to her. Her movements caused some bark to come loose, and she fell to the ground and landed on her back. She started struggling to right herself, so my friend went over and started stroking the spider's belly. The spider tried to bite my friend---she wasn't comfortable with us at all. It was adorable. :smallsmile:

Ms.Malbolge
2009-02-11, 08:09 PM
I'm so going to get laughed at for this one.

I had a recurring dream/nightmare that started way back when I was six that I still occasionally have to this day.

it involves me at my daycare at the time, swinging merrily on the swing set while the adults serve the afternoon snack, which is a cookie with some cool whip on it and a cup of milk. Suddenly there is a scream...

I look over and see the cool whip tub floating mid air, lid on save for one small part in which a slimy eye stalk is poking out of the tub, shooting light out of it's eye. Anyone hit by the light is turned to ash... I get off the swing and start running. But no matter how fast I run I am simply too slow.

I wake up right as the eye catches me.

Usually in a cold sweat...

Stop laughing!

Cobra_Ikari
2009-02-11, 08:12 PM

I had a recurring dream/nightmare that started way back when I was six that I still occasionally have to this day.

it involves me at my daycare at the time, swinging merrily on the swing set while the adults serve the afternoon snake, which is a cookie with some cool whip on it and a cup of milk. Suddenly there is a scream...

I look over and see the cool whip tub floating mid air, lip on save for one small part in which a slimy eye stalk is poking out of the tub, shooting light out of it's eyes. Anyone hit by the light is turned to ash... I get off the swing and start running. But no matter how fast I run I am simply too slow.

Stop laughing!

*giggles*...I'm not laughing at the dream, I swear! =3

That actually strikes me as a pretty awesome nightmare. Cool Whip is a right suspicious little devil.

Ms.Malbolge
2009-02-11, 08:20 PM
Especially floating alien eye stalk cool whip.

That nightmare has been the butt of many a family joke throughout the years believe me.

UncleWolf
2009-02-11, 08:34 PM

it involves me at my daycare at the time, swinging merrily on the swing set while the adults serve the afternoon snack, which is a cookie with some cool whip on it and a cup of milk. Suddenly there is a scream...

I look over and see the cool whip tub floating mid air, lid on save for one small part in which a slimy eye stalk is poking out of the tub, shooting light out of it's eye. Anyone hit by the light is turned to ash... I get off the swing and start running. But no matter how fast I run I am simply too slow.

Stop laughing!

To tell the truth, I'm not laughing. I've had a recurring nightmare kinda like that since I was little too.

This is what I have been able to piece together:

It starts as I am in a playground climbing up the slide. I suddenly see a wave of...something(Now that I think about it, it reminds me of the description of the Shoggoth) coming towards me. Scared, I jump off the slide and I accidentally land on it and get dissolved.
Slowly.
Painfully.
And when I wake up, I can still feel some of the pain.

Recently though, I haven't been having dreams.

Collin152
2009-02-11, 08:39 PM
I generally remember my dreams when something in life relates to them, at which I suddenly get this sudden flash of recollection, where all the dream plays back in about a second, and it's like "Woah!"
My dreams also predict the future, so it's a shame it's so hard to hold on to them.

KingGolem
2009-02-11, 09:37 PM
When I was younger, I frequently remembered my dreams, and they were usually a wide assortment of brief scenes that have nothing to do with each other. However, I have had at least two nightmares, both of which little or no sense. I shall recount the one I remember the best in this spoiler block.
I was standing outside a dollar store in the mall, and I pick up a bag of yellow beads with little blue ridges on them that was sitting in a wire basket out front. As I am looking at the beads through the clear plastic bag, one of the little blue ridges breaks off of a yellow bead. It is at this point, I become afraid that I have both done something illegal and offended many vampires in the process. I then find myself in a graveyard at night, levitating about five feet off the ground and rapidly moving to my right. Eventually, I levitate near a stone cathedral (because since when do mausoleums have windows?) and look in a window. The interior of this cathedral is almost completely devoid of furniture, the floor is a brown marble, and there are golden candelsticks everywhere. I see dozens of vampires all sitting on what I assume to be bleachers against the far wall, but the vampires are so numerous that they are concealed. The vampires are all wearing shiny brown robes and are looking at another similarly dressed vampire pacing across the floor while flipping through a stack of letters, reading out their intended recipients. I distinctly remember this vampire saying "One, for-" and then the name of the recipient, but I could not understand what he said. As I levitated outside the window, I was gripped with terror because of being in such close proximity to vampires, having offended them somehow, and that I was most certainly going to die. And then I awoke, in a cold sweat. Wierd...

On one occasion, I had a dream that was not only somewhat consistent and made a relative amount of sense, but was pretty cool too. I'm going to spoiler it, because of it's incredible length.
I was on an island (I am sure of this, because right before these events occured, I saw an aerial view of the island, and I know the directions because I could see the setting sun), and although I don't know how I got there, I was pretty sure my parents had sent me there for some reason. The island was covered in a thick deciduous forest, and was contested by four opposing factions based upon the four classical elements, earth, fire, wind, and water. The island was covered with small, pink crystals that enabled the use of elemental magic, which I think was the source of the conflict, like, a resource war. I was in the team of fire, which is where this dream began. Our headquarters seemed to be a long, narrow cave inside of an active volcano (the rock was glowing red, and magma seeped out of the cracks in the walls) on the southeastern corner of the island. Inside this cave was nothing but a lot of weightlifting equipment, and my team mates, who were all using the equipment. Everybody on my team, myself included, were wearing spiky red hats. I was walking down the cave, next to one of my team mates, who was taller than me, and who I think was the leader. He was telling me something, but I wasn't listening. Next thing I know, I'm running down the side of a hill and into the forest. I come upon a camp of triangular huts made out of wood and covered in bark and leaves. Wandering around the camp were several young women (my age, which was 7 or 8 at the time) all dressed in rustic brown clothes. I knew at once that this was the earth faction, and they were my enemies. I sneaked around to the back of the camp, and crept into one of the huts. There was a girl in there sitting on a bed (who I recognized from school, by the way), and when I saw her, I grabbed a length of rope off a nearby table and proceeded to strangle her. She called for help, or something, and I ran, fearing that I'd be discovered. I ran back towards the fire camp, but I found the entrance sealed off with a cast iron vault door, and they wouldn't open it despite me banging on it. Since they wouldn't let me in, I decided to explore. I walked west along the southern shore until I came to a clearing. On the southern shore there was a metallic purple staircase that spiraled off into the sky, up to a cloud with a purple, yellow, and white city upon it. I knew that this was the headquarters of the air faction, and that they were neutral. I passed the staircase and kept walking. I eventually reached a place where the forest gave way to a barren stretch of blue rock, which terminated in a jagged blue mountain range along the western shore. It was upon this mountain range I saw a glittering blue cityscape, protected by a lighter blue wall. I knew this was the headquarters of the water faction, and that I was in grave danger. Then some people wearing white and blue robes climbed up on this wall and pointed and shouted at me, and began to cast glowing missiles at ice at me. At this point I was scared that I was going to die, so I ran back into the forest. Here's where the dream pretty much ends and moves on to some other thing about summer camp. Anyway, this was a really cool dream, and I think my brain was trying to tell me to play less video games, which I deliberately ignored. :smallamused:

Even today I occasionally have dreams where I dream about one of my parents coming into my room and waking me up, and I wake up and do not realize that them waking me up was just a dream and it was not yet time to get up. Those are pretty annoying, but thankfully they too are becoming quite rare.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-11, 09:42 PM
My dreams also predict the future, so it's a shame it's so hard to hold on to them.

When I could still dream, this was the case with me sometimes, as well.

I'm not laughing, Malabroge, not even close. Back before I was Thanatos the Undreaming, I had a nightmare - always different, but with the same thing.
I've been:
Eaten alive by rats.
Eaten alive by bats.
Decapitated by an alien wielding a scimitar.
Eaten by a griffion
Asphyxiated
Eaten by a man-eating plant
Crushed by a python (And, assumedly, subsequently eaten)
In a swordfight with Freddy Krueger (That was actually fought to a draw)
Bled dry by an invisible vampire
Shot in the back by an EVIL Green Arrow rip-off
And other amusing deaths.

I actually developed a self-defence mechanisim in dreams where I would leap of the highest ledge, at which point, I would, like - get this magickal parachute open up above me and I would drift safely to the ground, and always wake up immediatly afterward.
As lame as it sounds, the sensation is exactly like how I'd imagine feather fall.

Mauve Shirt
2009-02-11, 09:55 PM
My dream from a few nights ago. I keep a log. This was written right after I woke up.

I was at summer school with Meredith, we were showing a new person around who had never been to UMW before. The buildings were completely different, and much larger. I was discussing with Meredith about how the new chick would love it here and we should assimilate her into our group. A short, fat and blond woman came up to us and said "You have to see this!" We followed her and she showed us two rooms. "This room is light and good!" It was huge, a large window let in a lot of sunlight, there was a wheel on the wall and a mirror in the corner. The adjoining room was a room of "darkness and evil", which looked similar to the other one except the window let in less light and it was grey and dark. The woman took me aside, over to the mirror. The mirror was a foot or so taller than me and as wide as a car is long. She said "There is a ball behind this mirror. Try to break it." I complied. Though the mirror was attached to the wall, I was able to bend it forward and it fell back onto the ball, which cracked like an egg. The woman shattered like glass. Meredith came up to me and said with a frustrated sigh "Jesus, Emily, didn't you kill a teacher last summer too?" (Fyi, I didn't.) In the dream, however, I agreed and said "Yeah! This place must be cursed or something!"
I woke up slightly, Erin was moving around, but then I went back to sleep.
I was in a smaller room that was similarly lit to the dark and evil room. It actually looked like the 2nd floor kitchen, except instead of a sink there was a window. A guy in a leather jacket with long black hair came up to me and said that they needed me for something. He instructed me to go to the window. "You see that little horse down there? He needs you to find him some divorce papers, his parents are driving him nuts." I went upstairs and into an office, rummaged through the drawers, but I couldn't find the papers he wanted. I went back to the window and told the horse this. The horse then melted into a puddle of black liquid. The liquid shot up and through the window and landed in the sink. It was sort of stringy, sticky liquid, like a bunch of unevenly distributed Elmer's glue. It moved around in the sink like it was alive. "Well, now you've done it." said the guy in the jacket. "Um, I've got to go to class." said I.
I woke up slightly, Erin was zipping up her backpack, but then I was back.
The room that looked like the randolph kitchen before now looked like an old bathroom. Again, all grey light coming through the window and dark. The liquid was now sitting in a rusty bathtub, and the guy with black hair was poking it. It stuck to the stick. It then climbed up the stick and was sucked into the guy. I was shocked, but then it shot out of him and into me. Leather Jacket Guy fell to the ground. An old man came up behind me and said "Go to sleep." I did, in the story of this dream, and when I woke up there was sun coming through the window. Turns out the dude with the leather jacket is a prince and this old guy is a king. I ask the old guy "So, does this black stuff give me powers or something?" He said "No, it's going to give my son powers." I'm surprised to notice that he has a quantity of the stuff on a paper towel. He says something about the horse being annoyed that I couldn't find the papers. I think this is a load of BS, and tell him so. "It jumped into me."
"Ah, but I took it out."
"But I should still have some in me!" I'm making **** up I suppose.
Then my alarm goes off and I wake up for realz.

Canadian
2009-02-11, 09:56 PM
Wet..........

Collin152
2009-02-11, 10:03 PM
Oh, one time I dreamed I died, it wasn't clear how, I think it was in a hospital. But the afterlife? Is a gray ring around the Earth where you just sit and watch (in a bored fashion, as it looks just like a giant, slowly rotating globe) and wait for people you knew in life to die. You still feel sad that they're dead, though, and considering how dull the afterlife was, it's no surprise.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-12, 12:55 AM
I have weird, weird strange dreams.

For rexample :
My dad : The french fries can't be finished after 8 PM! They caan't!
My brother : You can't have a Valkyrie after lvl 30!
Me : Yes you can, but only with a barbarian!

(Note that the last two sentences refers to Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, Barbarian is a class and Valkyrie a skill)

borninbones
2009-02-12, 01:46 AM
Ok, well i should not be posting to this thread but here I am. My dreams are so far out there I wake up questioning my sanity.

Like this recurring theme:

I am on a sled on a hill that I lived near when I was a kid. Next to me is Ghengis Khan and a purple flying walrus. I hear a voice "ready" "set" "GO!" and i take off like the one dude from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, light fast and I hit the bottom, just missing a car and a truck and go skipping like a stone across a beautiful lake (the lake in my dream is also from my childhood but it never looked this good) and then I make it to the other side just before ghengis then the walrus. "I win." i say then ghengis says "do over" and then i wake up. Whats really funny to me is that is one of more realistic dreams. lol.

DigoDragon
2009-02-12, 10:12 AM
I have kept like... 50+ dreams on an online journal. They're usually some of the weirdest dreams ever. Sadly there's no current technology that can record some of these because... dang, I could make a fortune selling DVDs on the better ones. My favorites are the ones that I can fly or that I get to save lots of people.

I did recently have a dream about dying in a good way (for me).
Usually I just get shot or something in death dreams. The scariest I can remember was being shot by a miniature UFO hovering outside my window.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-12, 11:02 AM

I had a similar dream, and still do from time to time:

I'm at my grandparents' house and I wake up. I climb down from my top bunk and head down the hallway, which is shaped like an "L". Just as I get about halfway down, I hear something behind me. I turn to look, and out of my grandparents' room comes a swirling little cloud of...something bad. (Think an evil Tasmanian devil tornado.) I turn and run, and I can hear people in the living room. If I can just get to the corner and turn it, they'll see me and I'll be safe...

I never make it.

Only one time, I did! And then they were in the DINING ROOM, and it got me before I could get across to it in time.

Another recurring dream along the same lines:

I'm outside playing in my backyard and it starts to rain. I run inside, and then realize I've left my science project outside. I turn to go and get it, and on the window in the back door, there is a scary green fin-hand sliding down the glass. I turn to call for my mom and tell her, and whatever it is comes up from behind and gets me.

As I got older, I tried to get out of it. In the dream, I would try and play dead, and it would STILL get me.

I don't have them often anymore, but EVERY time I do, it's freaky and hard for me to get back to sleep, and I'm in my mid-20's now.

Linkavitch
2009-02-12, 02:30 PM
I've had some pretty amazing dreams. There was one where my brother and I found out that George Lucas Had actually made a fully-functional, life-size death star, and it was orbiting Jupiter. So my brother decides to steal the Space Shuttle, and visit the place, with the intentions to create a theme park, most of which would be based off of the (also-fully functional) tie fighters and x-wings on the station. So I don't hear from him for several months. And then, I'm walking down my street, and my cell rings. (which is also weird 'cuz I don't actually own one in real life. I think it was a Razr. If that's how you spell it.) So I answer it, and my brother is on the other end. I start to hear a loud whistling sound, and I look up. I see a large gray mass falling towards me. My brother says on the phone, "I have a small problem: I can't figure out how to park."

UncleWolf
2009-02-12, 04:22 PM
I had a dream last night that proves that I think too much.

If any of you are familiar with the WW games, you may want to listen.

I fall asleep and in my dream, I am at a desk. On the desk are the posts from every WW game that I am in.

Not knowing what else to do, I start looking at them and start taking notes.

I still remember them too.

Ms.Malbolge
2009-02-12, 07:58 PM
@Dirk: Something similar indeed! Though the details are different the gist of it is indeed the same. I'm sure everyone has had dreams of this nature at some point or another.

At least you didn't get laughed at for waking up in a cold sweat due to a cool whip tub. :smalltongue:

@Wolfie: See. You say WW and I think White Wolf, creators of World of Darkness and Exalted... But I think this isn't the WW you are referring to. Or is it?

UncleWolf
2009-02-12, 08:01 PM
I'm referring to the Werewolf games under structured games forum.

This is a link to the basics. You should join. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97525)

But I do dream that I am a wolf pretty often. <.<

Kuma Da
2009-02-12, 08:53 PM
I wake up to one-liners. I'm not sure why things work out that way, but when I'm having a really awesome dream I will inevitably say something in the dream that wakes me up and makes me write it down.

For example, during the hazy fugue of working at a summer camp I once dreamed that I was trapped in a ice-skating rink/Colosseum. Everyone there had to participate in gladiatorial matches where they would try to lasso the other skater off his feet and then, I guess, kick him with their skates until they stayed down. Now, I was feeling pretty good about my upcoming match but I got in the ring and there was the Juggernaut, straight from Marvel fame, staring me down. Somehow dream-me managed to subdue him, but just then ice-skating Batman leapt into the ring and rushed to his defense.

I woke up, sat bolt upright, and said "this is the best RPG ever!"

-

My other awesome dream can be summed up in the exclamation: "Look out, snakes with dynamite in their mouths!"

KingGolem
2009-02-12, 09:22 PM
Oh, you know what? I just remembered another type of recurring dream I have: a dream where I find a store that carries 3rd party D&D sourcebooks. Once I even dreamt that I found an abandoned museum full of items relating to the history of pen and paper rpgs. I don't think my medication is working. :smallbiggrin:

Don Julio Anejo
2009-02-13, 12:33 AM
I'm undreaming too... so not much to share right there. The last dream I remember was a nightmare from when I was 6 about a cobra in my house running around after me.

Scratch that, there was another one a few years back... About how I fell in love with a girl on some kind of a space station (even in my dream I was going WTF so.. yeah). I probably only remembered it because I've never seen the girl and she's very much NOT my type so I was thinking to myself that something is wrong with the whole experience while dreaming.

Krytha
2009-02-13, 12:49 AM
I have exam nightmares sometimes. Not recently, but when I was in finals, I would pass out before an exam and wake up BEFORE my alarm clock thinking I missed the test.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-13, 02:25 AM
My dreams typically involve killing things (it's mostly zombies, but there are some where I'm against humans). They tend to play like certain video games, namely House of the Dead, Residant Evil or killer7, so they tend to be fun rather then scary. I've had some where I've realised I was dreaming before discovering I could use certain magic effects (eg: turn into a fennec fox at will or teleport short distances). Something else that is odd about my dreams is that I'm often barefoot (I hate shoe-shopping, but I always wear shoes when I go out due to my feet being sensitive while getting cold easily).

Phaedra
2009-02-13, 06:14 AM
My dreams are generally very weird and surreal - think Dali in dream form. When they're not being surrealist, I have two that are kind of recurring - one of drowning, which isn't particularly fun, and one of being in a train station. That's really all there is to the last one, though it's always a different station and it's never an actual station I've been to in real life. It's really exceptionally dull for a recurring dream.

Ms. Malbolge - If it makes you feel any better, my family still like to tease me about a dream I had when I was about 4 of giant fishfingers with laser guns coming to our house.

Cheesegear
2009-02-13, 06:25 AM
My dreams probably belong in the Depression Thread (I think I may've mentioned them once or twice). One of the reasons for my Chronic Insomnia, is a bizarre Somniphobia (Fear of Sleep).

My dreams are messed up. Let's leave it at that. :smallwink:

Coidzor
2009-02-14, 11:46 AM
2 dreams for the price of one last night.

Well, three or four, but only 2 are forum safe. :smalltongue: It is V-Day after all! :smallwink:
So I just had a weird dream last night. It was like a cross between Shin Megami Tensei Persona4ish, Kingdom Hearts, Luigi's Mansion, Dragon Warrior, and GTA/theA-team in places.

Basically there was this wiggy jungle around and people started being attacked by an unusual number of pythons and posionous critters for what was actually being done by them, like the animals just decided they wanted to nom on some school girls. Which, as a fine young man I can understand, but they were nomming in the bad nom. So this had to be set straight. And in doing so the protagonist who was a strange blend of myself and my best friend unlocked the power of his persona or whatever and gained access to his hidden reserves of badass, which was good, because he then had to explore the sudden hauntings and extraplanar baddies that started appearing and poking around the corners of the mansion in town. And got our butts kicked quite thoroughly by things which were a cross between bomb-ombs and those little unknown-pixlit things from the adventure mode of Smash Bros: Brawl.

Oddly enough, Mr. T finally had his own GTA game and somehow acquired extra badassery and persona powers from that and actually managed to break out of his game and into the game that I was dreaming more about. He set up shop with a couple of other bruisers in a cafe as mercenaries or unlockable characters or something. They didn't really progress far enough in the game to be able to really get to use him.

So the protagonist found out two of his party members due to the fact that a strange python of the color opposite their hair color tried to eat them and he had to decapitate the thing without knicking their legs. Was very strange, since the beasts were just inexorable and it took his persona powers to cut through 'em, rather than doing the usual thing of crushing their prey to death before slowly engulfing them, they were just slowly engulfing the girls. And one guy. He was weird. Mostly I think they just ate him because he was being an annoyance since he almost unlocked his persona when the protagonist did and managed to hurt but not destroy the demon-python.

In any event, there was some really creepy imagery with sacrifice and letting the Old Ones back into the universe by sacrificing maidens to open the rift or awaken them or yadda yadda and then we all stopped listening and an incredibly difficult boss battle occurred which the protagonist barely scraped through.

It was rather annoying, no matter how much leveling he seemed to do, the battles always seemed to almost be about to kill him, even against those little minion-swarm-things. Only when he had to fight roughly humanoid demons did he actually fare rather well. Still managed to do what needed to be done, but he basically was less than 1/4 through the game.

Interestingly, my dad took the form of a priest in the game and started giving a cross between battle data and hints ala the Hint guy from Earthbound.
And now for number two!
And then after that I had a dream in which I was watching a wizard after a nuclear apocalypse receive counsel and advice from the oldest man still alive. He basically was a mutated cyclops that had been a child when the bombs fell. The overland was actually mostly intact now except for the cities which were hit by the bombs, there the psychic damage of the carnage lingered and twisted men's minds and forms if they stayed too long.

And thus the Warlock King or Wraith Lord or whatever was created. A very powerful wizard/psychic, he had wanted to heal one of the cities so that the lost technology in it could be used to stop some sort of plague. Unfortunately he contracted the plague so badly that he basically died but kept going within his body. And by the time in the story he was nothing more than a ghost in a shell...

The wizard and a king and couple of party members were basically time-sealed travelers, meaning they had changed and grown and learned about what was occurring in the world but they didn't age and they couldn't leave the capsule until it had determined that conditions outside were suitable for human life once more. Which gave me a headache as to the children that were in there.

The cyclops basically had chronicled humanity's struggles against complete extinction, then complete mutation, and then in reclaiming the world that they had so callously discarded. So he was giving the king advice about what needed to be done to win the people to him and give them what they really needed. And took him aside after granting the wizard the boon of his power and turning to ice from it. He basically let go of life but since he had been there so long it was taking him awhile to leave his body-sicle

And then related to this dream, there was a sidequest with a zeta/omega male loser and a couple of kids and they're all like... a combination of chameleons with changing skin colors and leopard print spots on their skin and colorful like the aliens from Earth Girls are Easy...

I basically got switched out with the mind of the loser guy who basically was stuck watching the 2-5 kids at any given moment but was more often to be saved by them in some kinda scooby-dooish thing. And apparently the only thing I was trusted with other than that was to wield a sock that held power over vampires. Due to it being unwashed and smelly and damaging to them, but also a holy relic of their culture.

And then they started to suspect I was a doppel ganger and almost had their dog-mutant-alien thing eat me. So I had to explain to them about what I could remember of earth's history and past and they acted all surprised like they had known a bit about it as if they had been having dreams where they were seeing humans like Ghost Warlock who they called Joe for some reason. And they thought I was him, so I didn't complain that they weren't killing me.

And then I kinda woke up due to my dad calling me on the cell phone. Haha...

Trog
2009-02-14, 12:43 PM
I had a dream that I bought skull of a nun. :smallconfused:

And then went to a job where I was cooking but couldn't find any of the ingredients.

Spiryt
2009-02-14, 01:48 PM
I had a dream about a lot of ladies going out of some place and two guys hiting them into the face. Like in some casting of some sort. But one of them was put off with laughter, beacuse she was acting like being hit too much. :smallconfused:

And finally there were two fat 120 kg muay-thai girls, who were ideal, beacuse you could hit them as much as you could without harm to them.

The two guys were really happy.

WTF.

The weirdest part is that I was sober :smallconfused:

Collin152
2009-02-14, 02:52 PM
I just had a dream where Iwas some sort of global dictator, and had most of the human race interred in some manner of camps... I don't think I was having any of them executed, though.

TheBST
2009-02-14, 03:45 PM
I used to have a reoccurring dream where I'm in an Olympic sized pool and someone's firing at me from a walkway with a sniper rifle.

A friend of mine claimed to have have a dream where his Mum was doing her weekly shop in ASDA... with Snoop Dogg. He bought 20 packets of Custard Creams, or, as he apparently calls them, 'custard crizzles'.

Rama_Lei
2009-02-14, 07:42 PM
One of the dreams I've never forgotten was the one with me, my brother, Batman, and possibly the Joker. Hiding behind your neightbor's tree with Batman isn't something you forget easily. I thank my Batman PJ's for that dream.

Rawhide
2009-02-14, 07:45 PM
I once dreamt that I was eating a giant marshmellow and when I woke up, my pillow was gone.

Mr. Mud
2009-02-14, 08:14 PM
Well... since the other day, when I got back from the hospital after a car crash (almost detached my retinas... moderate brain bleeding. Severe concussion of course), I've been taking a lot of naps... and each and everyone one I have really, really realistic dreams. Very Odd. This happen to anyone else..? After head trauma, are weird dreams supposed to be as realistic as these? It actually feels like im in the dream, and I'll wake up crying... or laughing... or... well, I'll wake up in a state similar to that of the dream :smalltongue:...

I'm okay by the way. You know, If anyone was wondering where I'd been or how I was... :frown:

Mauve Shirt
2009-02-15, 09:28 AM
Ok, this was crazy.
I had two dreams last night. In the first, I was hit by lightening while I was drinking orange juice, and turned into some kind of uber-powerful orange juice golem thing, except I was free-willed for the most part. The only person who could order me around was my lab partner, and she thought it was a bad idea to do so. I had epic-level stats though, and was about to defeat Xykon when I woke up. :smallconfused:
In the second, I was trying to get to my math class to turn in my test, but I was in a city instead of on campus. The architecture looked the same, and all of the buildings were made of bring. But instead of going right out my door to Trinkle hall I went through 3 alleyways and into a strange building that had hallways similar to pollard, the music building, and at the same time resembled my high school. So I went to the math hallway of my high school, but I couldn't find my classroom. The only people around were doctors, so I guess I was in a hospital. I turned around and went to the school cafeteria, which was serving UMW dining hall food, then I woke up again.

Jimp
2009-02-15, 11:38 AM
Last night I dreamt that I shared a flat with a rpg playing girl I know. For some reason all the walls were a blue/purple shade. Blurple, if you will. We ended up in a very close/cuddly relationship. We rarely moved from the living room. The flat was very high up in what I think was a moving skyscraper. That's it.
Made a change from the usual dreams of the end of the world and trying to survive tonight's random apocalypse situation.

Ash08
2009-02-15, 12:21 PM
I had a highly unpleasant dream last night. I dreamed that I was playing my harp at a Valentines day dance with waltzes and such. A gril came up to me and asked me to dance, I accepted, and as I rose up form my chair, the strings on my harp seemed to detatch and float towards me. We had danced for about a minute until the harp strings started tieing me up. Think large, long, nylon spider web. *shiver* I was tied up, and on the floor and people started stepping on me... not fun.

Ms.Malbolge
2009-02-15, 12:29 PM
Ok, this was crazy.
I had two dreams last night. In the first, I was hit by lightening while I was drinking orange juice, and turned into some kind of uber-powerful orange juice golem thing, except I was free-willed for the most part. The only person who could order me around was my lab partner, and she thought it was a bad idea to do so. I had epic-level stats though, and was about to defeat Xykon when I woke up. :smallconfused:

Best.
Dream.
Ever.
:smallbiggrin:

Last night I had a dream that I was stuck behind the iron curtain in the 70's, somewhere near Kiev I think. I was trying to escape two KGB agents with British accents who were impossible to get away from. I ended up stealing a Yugo I think, some really small pathetic car in any case, and tried to get away. Ended up trying to jump a rising bridge and crashed into the river, stuck in the car. That's when I woke up.

Slippery Bogle
2009-02-15, 04:35 PM
I can't remember too many recurring dreams. Though, I may be keep dreaming the same dream over and over from time to time and not know it because I forget when I wake up.

As far as dreams in general go, I've had about two lucid dreams in my life.

One, of which, I will not divulge at this time (or ever probably).

The other happened years ago when I was younger (a kid, I think... or maybe early teenager) where it was sort of based off this show on TV at the time which I can't recall the name right now. Anyway, the dream wasn't that long but I think it was near the end of the "show" and the main characters started jumping into this portal/vortex/thing that was somewhat high in the air. All I really can remember now was how real it felt to be lifted up and into the portal from the ground. I mean, it was a good 15 or 20 feet in the air. It was just this weird feeling, if you know what I mean. And that was pretty much the whole dream. Well, as much as I can remember from it, there might have been more.

Other than that, I have lots of weird dreams. A little while ago, I would have dreams of actually being in World of Warcraft and doing stuff. I knew that I was playing it, but it was like I had a full screen over my eyes and didn't need any UI to get in the way of playing. But now I don't play that game anymore due to several reasons that many could guess easily. Ever since I quit, I stopped having dreams about that game.

the HZ
2009-02-22, 07:24 AM
I had this dream where I was watching a documentary about dangerous technology.

First, they showed what looked like a coal mine. Large machines, conveyor belts transporting rocks around. The rocks passed through various machines, breaking the rocks down into smaller fragments each time. The first machine extracted lumps of coal from the rocks. The next machine ground them down to smaller bits, another machine turned those bits into powder, yet another machine made it into even finer powder which was gathered into huge containers.
Through all this, a voice told the audience that this was not an ordinary coal mine. It was a DNA mine.
"Coal. Coal contains carbon, which is the base of all organic life. All organic lifeforms contains DNA, the incredibly advanced code which is used to create new cells. In this facility, we break down the carbon until we can find the DNA molecules inside. But is it safe to use the DNA in machines or computers? Maybe in nuclear weapons, you say? Maybe someone might want to use the DNA to build a stronger computer? But did you know that today, we even make CDs containing DNA mined from mines like this one."

Yep. Mine DNA. Out of a mine. And use it to build things.

I also remember dreaming something about robot mosquitoes designed to work tiny computers. They would be more efficient than people, since they have six legs to type with. That dream segment ended with someone asking
"But what if they take over the world?"

Alair Koraius
2009-02-22, 10:49 AM
There are two REALLY good (as in, vivid or would make a good storyline) ones that I remember, the first...

was an apocalypse dream. I forget how the apocalypse came about, but there were... things. Creatures that were all white, with a slightly curved but smooth mask instead of a face. They were... creepy. Bloody and gorey, with their "hearts" showing, still beating. This was the first stage of the invasion, known as Faceless Hounds (a name I developed later), they looked like displacer beats, with claws on the end of their tentacles, and, of course, the mask. My friend Tristan and I were the last remnants of the human race, we each had a house as a stronghold, Mind was my own house, his was the neighbor's. Inside my own house, I woke up, and went downstairs, the family was dead. Even my young, 6-year-old at the time, sister was a pile of gore on the floor (I never actually saw any corpses except one, later. I FREAKED when I woke up and remembered these details, however.) I moved out towards the porch, and saw one, there, you heard a munching sound like bones being chewed, but saw no mouth, the blood of an anonymous victim was all over the silvery mask that the creatures had for a face. It stopped, looked up at me. I remember saying "****" loud enough (in the dream and IRL, apparently) that my parents thought I was awake at 4 AM, then went to find a weapon in the kitchen, nearby. It charged me, all I had was a rolling pin as it pounced, ready to turn me into the next victim. -Alarm Clock-

I've already turned that into a d10 game, it didn't get far, though. I'd like to try again sometime.

As for the second one... Here's what I had in my dream log.txt

I had that dream again.

I was in a VR world, next to someone I had been talking to for months online. I liked them a lot, and they lived not too far away.

Someone had put the girl, my crush, into a magical sleep, and she could respond verbally, but the things she said had to be something she wanted very much, she couldn't lie.

I didn't know it was magical sleep, I thought she was sick, or hurt.

I cuddled up to her, asked her if she was okay, how she felt, she kept saying some name I don't remember.

The guy who put her into the sleep came up and told me what he had done.

I started to panic, and got nervous...

I asked her of she would be alright, what she needed right now.

I hoped she would say my name, and me by her side.

Turns out...

Wanting something doesn't make it real.

She says everything I wanted her to say about me, except someone else's name. I cry. A lot.

I wake up, rush to my AIM list, thinking in my tired stupor that she'll be there.

I know that was just a dream, but I can't help feeling like I already know she exists.

Hoping that only the bad part was just a dream, I sign on to all of my WoW servers, and check my friends lists.

Wanting something REALLY doesn't make it real.

Frak.

Recaiden
2009-02-22, 10:58 AM
I had this really wierd dream where my class has at a different highschool writing our English exam essay. The school had lots of slides and a bowling alley. And then we had to disguise ourselves as women to escape some robots trying to catch us.

In another one I was smuggling poisonous seaweed into a water park, but the park had a secret exit I went through, and then I was watching a TV show on DVD where I was a minor character. It had really terrible special effects and ewas a combination of Myst, Girl Genius, Blood+, and My Life as a Teenage Robot. The first season was really good, but the second got a lot more cartoonish and ridiculous.

littlequietguy
2009-02-22, 01:27 PM
I had a nice dream once. Me and my friend were inside my room. I said to him "You know you are just part of this dream. Then he said "So what?" and walked out the door to the patio. I followed him and as I looked through the door was suddenly overcome by the light of the outside world.

Lorn
2009-02-22, 02:33 PM
My dreams are... weird. As in, really, really, seriously, ****ed up. And, if I remember them, then they're sort of realistic-feeling, even if the subject matter is totally ridiculous. Or scary as hell. Or made from a mismatch of several memories and ideas.

Spoilered because, well, it's fairly unsettling.
As an example: One of the most recent ones involved me steadily disembowelling myself for some reason, minus the pain and death. Can't remember why, just a sort of feeling of emptiness... getting worse, and worse, and worse.

And it was seriously, almost, realistic-feeling. To the point where, upon waking up, I actually patted down my torso to check that I was in fact still all there. Extremely disturbing.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-02-22, 02:47 PM
My dreams sometimes involve me getting attacked or beaten. Then I have a great feeling of relief when I realize it's a dream and I immediately either wake myself up (it involves closing my eyes, building up pressure, and then jumping forward), or I lay back and let myself get stabbed with a semi-realistic knife or pounded with a blunt object. It's a dream, why waste energy trying to save myself, I think.

It only occurs to me after waking up that I could have probably used my realization that I was dreaming to control the dream.

cycoris
2009-02-23, 06:16 PM
A couple nights ago, I had a dream that I was the curator of a museum, and that some egyptologists were trying to kill me using some weird ancient curse they had recently discovered. And there was something about zombies mixed in there too.

Ethrael
2009-02-23, 06:20 PM
I, the nerd, can only remember the dreams I have about school. Those happen to be the most vivid ones and include my teachers eating me for not bringing my bag to school (Nightmare), being friends with everyone I'm not and finding out I'm in someone else's body (Weird) and ones where I experience an incredible day at school (INSANE!!). Other than that, some are weird premonitions and others I can't remember.

Trog
2009-02-23, 07:33 PM
I had a dream where I was hit on by an attractive, though shy, dark-haired woman in the next booth over in a restaurant I was in.

xxSceneKidxx
2012-08-23, 03:52 PM
{scrubbed}

Cobra_Ikari
2012-08-23, 03:58 PM
{scrubbed the original, scrub the quote}

{scrubbed}

CynicalAvocado
2012-08-23, 04:21 PM
{scrubbed the original, scrub the quote}

{scrubbed}

mangosta71
2012-08-23, 04:31 PM
Perhaps she's the anonymous "crush" referenced in the second spoiler?

Either way, thread lock in 3...