PDA

View Full Version : So, what happened to the Sticks awards?

Kurald Galain
2009-02-11, 05:14 PM
You know, back when we used to vote for the best comic of each five, then of each 25 and of each 100? What happened to that?

Lira
2009-02-11, 05:20 PM
IIRC, the guy who hosted them decided to wait some time before continuing with them. I think it was because we were getting closer to the current strip, and he felt that we should wait until we know a bit more about how those strips affect the story, because that can change our opinions on it.

Morgan Wick
2009-02-14, 04:55 AM
The only definite indication we got from Nazzo him/herself (s/he specified once but I forget) was that it would come back after #600, but we also got an indication that he/she was thinking of postponing them later, after I and I think others pointed out that even that wouldn't be sufficient to get rid of the problem entirely. I suggested waiting as late as into the 800s, so as to cover the next 500 in one go, but I have a feeling people might not even remember the Sticks Awards after all that time, maybe not even Nazzo him/herself. (Go track down the last BotH thread... and I will probably be promptly excoriated for not linking to it myself. In my defense, the boards are in New Strip Jam Mode at the moment, as evidenced by the fact this is the second time I'm typing this out.)

I have three theories at the moment as to when they'll return:
*After the end of the current book
*One year after the end of the last BotH
*Taking my suggestion (possibly in the form of the end of the NEXT book)
If the first two milestones pass, start worrying. Does Nazzo even hang out here much anymore? S/he was always mostly (but not entirely) consumed by TSA...

Kurald Galain
2009-02-14, 05:54 AM
Does Nazzo even hang out here much anymore? S/he was always mostly (but not entirely) consumed by TSA...

According to the search feature, Nazzo's latest post was in August. So I would venture to guess that no, Nazzo does not hang out here anymore.

Nazzo, the 102nd
2009-03-04, 01:05 PM
I knew you guys would miss me. Thank you. :)

Well, I ws already thinking in re-strarting the Awards. But we move a lot faster than the story, and we'll catch up really fast. I think we can cover the next hundred, the 6th one, withou being affected by the current events. By the time we reach 600, Rich will be more or less in 660 or so. Then we'll have to wait more to complete the 7th.

But, if you guys are so eager to vote again, I think the next hundred is up. See you at another thread.

You better watch. The Sticks Awards are back in town. :smallbiggrin:

Morgan Wick
2009-03-05, 03:05 PM
I knew you guys would miss me. Thank you. :)

Well, I ws already thinking in re-strarting the Awards. But we move a lot faster than the story, and we'll catch up really fast. I think we can cover the next hundred, the 6th one, withou being affected by the current events. By the time we reach 600, Rich will be more or less in 660 or so. Then we'll have to wait more to complete the 7th.

But, if you guys are so eager to vote again, I think the next hundred is up. See you at another thread.

You better watch. The Sticks Awards are back in town. :smallbiggrin:

I wasn't that eager! Like I said at the time, we won't be able to maintain a pace of several hundreds in a row! We'll always be stopping and starting!

(Also, there was a part of me hoping you'd be gone for good and I'd end up taking over for the next 500 :D)