PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] What would this character be able to do?

Fawsto
2009-02-12, 11:26 AM
Sup guys,

This character I am about to post is basically THE Clericzilla, since I am following the DMM: Persist, but I'd like to know the extent of it's powers, so if you guys could help me, I'd be glad.

Now, since I do not have all books availble, I want to know what this character is able to do inside the following books: The complete series (except Champion, since it has too much cheese there), Core (obviously), BoED, BoVD and Draconomicon.

Well, with nothing more to add, the short version of the character:

Alliz Cirelc; Human Cleric 20.

Stats (28 point buy): Str: 15; Dex: 8; Con: 14; Int: 10; Wis: 18; Cha: 14.

Feats: H: Extend Spell; Persist Spell; DMM: Persist; Extra Turning x 5.

Relevant Equipment: Nightstick x3.

Relevant Abilities: Turn Undead: 25 + 12 = 37 times per day.

Now, what this character is able to accomplish with 36 uses of Turn Undead per day and DMM: Persist spell? This means about 6 persisted spells every day. What would you guys use in those slots? Also this character is still able to Persist at least 5 more spells from level 3, 5 more from level 2, 5 more from level 1 and 5 more from level 0.

Feel free to change the ability scores, those are a copy from a character of mine, so just change it at will (inside 28 points, ok?).

Well lets see what can be done here.

Thanks,

Orran
2009-02-12, 12:08 PM
One thing I think, but have not yet confirmed from a reliable source, is that if you take Obad Hai as your Deity you get extra turning attempts from whatever domain it is you can turn. (fire, air, earth, water, etc) Thus meaning that you get 3x as many persisted spells, 4x as many with a prc that gives a bonus domain.

I.E. Turn Undead (37 uses)
Turn Fire creatures (37 uses)
Turn Air creatures (37 uses)

This alone should triple your CoDzillaness.

Animefunkmaster
2009-02-12, 12:21 PM
DMM only works with turn undead.

KillianHawkeye
2009-02-12, 12:42 PM
Although you are correct that Extra Turning increases all your 'Turn or Rebuke X' abilities at once.

Darrin
2009-02-12, 01:02 PM
Feats: H: Extend Spell; Persist Spell; DMM: Persist; Extra Turning x 5.

You didn't mention what your domains are.

Can you take the Planning domain (bonus feat: Extend Spell) and Undeath domain (bonus feat: Extra Turning)? These are from FRCS, but are also in the Spell Compendium.

Nohwl
2009-02-12, 01:34 PM
what do you want the character to do? there are a lot of options. and do you have to use that build?

why are you going cleric 20? if you are using turning attempts for divine metamagic, then you can go into any prestige class that advances divine casting and you will be stronger.

isnt there also a cleric variant that uses incarnum or something for turn undead? if you take that and a level dip into sacred exorcist, you can double the number of turn attempts (and the number of spells you can persist) you get.

if you are using nightsticks, then dont bother getting extra turning as a feat. just buy more nightsticks. take a level dip into hierophant and you have divine reach, and get chain spell and dmm chain spell to buff the entire party.