PDA

View Full Version : Random Observation

Koury
2009-02-12, 02:37 PM
Should the black dragon have said "Greater Tele-" instead of actually finishing the word "teleport"?

No, it doesn't matter in any way, just curious because thats how it worked for those guys who teleported in to revive the oracle. Continuity error? Or maybe Greater Teleport takes the whole words being said.

Dunno, just curious.

Kaytara
2009-02-12, 02:47 PM
It's been pretty inconsistent, because the first time we explicitly see someone Teleport here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0366.html), the spell doesn't kick in mid-sentence.

However, I am wondering if the lack of the tell-tale magic glow around the dragon should signify that it did not actually teleport but perhaps simply disguised itself with a spell that would sound like Teleport...

Refar
2009-02-12, 02:53 PM
However, I am wondering if the lack of the tell-tale magic glow around the dragon should signify that it did not actually teleport but perhaps simply disguised itself with a spell that would sound like Teleport...This could actually make sense, if the Dragon lied about knowing where V's family live already...

Koury
2009-02-12, 02:58 PM
In that case though, had the teleport kicked in mid-word we wouldn't have gotten Elans lastline there. Things changing for a joke is common enough.

Another odd observation though, whats with wizards and bakers? That wizard says "I could have been a baker." Perhaps Mr. Burlew secretly wishes he himself could be a baker, instead of creating magical stories?

Wait, Rich is a bard?

Sorry, I get sidetracked easily.

Oh my god! That wizard is totally Vs third cousins step-son! No doubt about it.

Kish
2009-02-12, 03:52 PM
In that case though, had the teleport kicked in mid-word we wouldn't have gotten Elans lastline there.
Elan's not in that strip...

Silverraptor
2009-02-12, 05:23 PM
I've got a pretty fare compromise here. When the wizard says "Teleport", he's moving 6 other people with him and the spell could take little longer than instant to activate. Same for the Dragon. It's Ancient and Big with alot of mass and it could take a little longer. As for those 2 who rezed the oracle, he just had to teleport his brother which is hardly as much as the other times.

Do you think that was fair?:smallconfused:

Zherog
2009-02-12, 05:32 PM
I have a better explanation...

The one time it was split as "tele" and "port" it was done so for the funnies.

Teron
2009-02-13, 05:07 AM
In that case though, had the teleport kicked in mid-word we wouldn't have gotten Elans lastline there. Things changing for a joke is common enough.

Another odd observation though, whats with wizards and bakers? That wizard says "I could have been a baker." Perhaps Mr. Burlew secretly wishes he himself could be a baker, instead of creating magical stories?

Wait, Rich is a bard?

Sorry, I get sidetracked easily.

Oh my god! That wizard is totally Vs third cousins step-son! No doubt about it.
Perhaps Mr. Burlew wishes he was a Baker. :smallamused:

SkredlitheOgre
2009-02-13, 09:56 AM
Perhaps Mr. Burlew wishes he was a Baker. :smallamused:

Well, The Giant seems to be friends with KEITH Baker! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

*shrug*

P.S. I met Keith Baker. He's pretty cool.

hamishspence
2009-02-13, 12:23 PM
Friends, friendly rivals, something like that- Keith Baker appeared in SOD.

monsterinshadow
2009-02-13, 01:08 PM
HEY RICH!!! If you are randomly reading this, I am willing to teach you the fine art of Baking and Pātisserie if you are interested. Message me if you are. :-D

Monsterinshadow

Silverraptor
2009-02-13, 01:11 PM
How did the topic change so far in so little posts?