PDA

View Full Version : GLoG 19: For those who can't make it over the rainbow

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 04:27 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

The Good League of Good is an organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers. All of our members are either good aligned or trying to become good.

To become a member PM either FF Fanboy, Haleyintraining[Leave of Absence], Happyturtle, Kaelaroth, Lex-kat, or Saint Nil.

##############################
OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The PM requirement is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:

IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they are not of good alignment or if they cause trouble in character.

##############################

Also, before you join, read the Rules of the Spork (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4768413&postcount=489).

Security cameras (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5229752&postcount=219) (you don't need to read it before joining, but this seemed as good a place to put it as any)

If you are not a member, then when your character arrives, you will be outside the front door and must roleplay getting entry.

Membership form:

Name:
Current Alignment:
Desired Alignment:
Profession:
Race:
Any other important information:

Full Members list here. (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/list-of-characters)

GLoG HQ Map
Great Room
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/GLoG/GreatRoomPlan.png

If you have a question, please read our FAQ first, it may already have been answered:
FAQ:

What's the point? Isn't there already a good aligned organization? Why didn't you just join HALO?

OOC, we have nothing against HALO. (IC may be a different story.) However, we wanted an organization that only allows good-aligned members and focuses on the redemption of evildoers. If the real world can have multiple organizations for the purpose of doing good, we don't see why the forum can't hold more than one as well.

No seriously. Aren't you just a HALO clone?

Not intentionally. We have our own purpose and our own mission, which overlaps somewhat with HALO's, but is not identical.

Why don't you let anyone post in the main thread without PMing first?

OOC answer: Honestly, we tried it, and it was too chaotic to read.
IC answer: You don't let strangers wander into your house at all hours, do you? We just want to know who is in our house.

Still, it seems awfully rude. You've offended a lot of people.

We're sorry. We didn't mean to. :smallfrown:

What's the point of the visitor's centre?

We still want to play nicely with others! So we set up the visitor's centre thread to provide an IC access port.

Are you part of the Town? Or are you in an extra dimension?

We didn't really know at first, but when AMEN contacted us, it seemed clear that we inhabited some sort of reality with AMEN and HALO. Which means we aren't Town. I think. (Really, we're making this up as we go along!)

New answer: Everyone's a part of the town, but the rules are different here, Town laws do not apply. ACRONYM rules do. So respect the rules, and we will all get along just fine. :smallbiggrin:

Will you be interacting with the other groups?

Yes, but we haven't worked out the mechanics yet. We're officially at war with AMEN, but we don't want random fighting going on in our headquarters. So we might be setting up a war thread or a plot thread or something, but we don't know yet.

As far as HALO goes, we have no formal ties with them, though there is some membership overlap, and we're currently in discussions. IC, some of us have formed a negative opinion of HALO. It doesn't mean we have a problem with you OOC. (Honestly, Turtle isn't the brightest crayon in the box, and she's very defensive about being a former evildoer.)

We interact with other groups quite a lot, though the war with AMEN has come to an end.

GLoG is a pretty silly name, isn't it?

Yes. Yes it is. One of our founding members used to belong to the Evil League of Evil (If you haven't heard of it, google 'Dr Horrible'), so when she turned good, it seemed reasonable to form the Good League of Good.

Banners:
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GLoG-Banner1.png

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GloG-Banner2.png

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/1636071/GLog-Banner3.png
All banners by Logalmier.

Visit our Wiki!!! (http://goodleagueofgood.wikidot.com/start)

What defences does GLoG have? Find out here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5398371&postcount=444).

The GLoG/HALO portal:

The portal between GLoG and HALO is still open.

But anyone passing through it arrives outside the front door. If they've already been cleared (previously interacted with GLoG without hostilities), they can walk straight in without having to roleplay out knocking on the door and so on.

First time visitors, or people who have previously caused trouble have to wait for someone to undeadtime to decide whether they can pass or not.

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 04:33 PM
After fast forwarding through puberty, Decker is now all better and looks like a 23 year old woman.

Reinholdt
2009-02-12, 04:38 PM
Ouch
Johnny incinerates the rose with a small flame.
He then shakes his finger a little.
She's out there somewhere, just gotta find her.
And with that Johnny walks off lightly to his room and deadtimes.
:smalleek:
The rose screams in pure agony as it's incinerated.
Congratulations. Murderer. :smallannoyed: You just killed a sentient creature for absolutely no reason. And don't you dare plead ignorance. It just talked to you.
And you call yourself good. :smallmad:

Butler smiles at Decker. "Are you feeling better ma'am?"

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 04:48 PM
Decker throws her arms around Butler in a tight hug. "I feel great. You took such good care of me."

Reinholdt
2009-02-12, 04:52 PM
Butler hugs her back, grinning a bit at the compliment. "I'm just glad you're feeling better so quickly ma'am. I thought it'd take a few days before it finished ma'am."

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 04:59 PM
Upon getting a 403: Forbidden error on the teleporter, DC decided to upgrade the cannon. Which is what he was doing while he was deadtimed.

He teleports in from the garden as the main defender of Cal's cavern is deadtimed, and heads into the great room.

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 05:00 PM
"It did. My player just decided to say it happened offscreen, on another timeline from the rest of GLoG," Decker says.

Reinholdt
2009-02-12, 05:05 PM
"What ma'am?" :smallconfused:

"Are you sure there's no side effects ma'am?"

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 05:24 PM
Decker laughs. "You worry a lot."

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 05:31 PM
DC detects activity in the infirmary. Once he gets there...

Again? :smallconfused:

Reinholdt
2009-02-12, 05:33 PM
"Just lately ma'am. I don't usually ma'am. But a lot of odd stuff has happened since I've gotten here ma'am." He doesn't mention the fact that she WAS talking utter nonsense.

The fact he doesn't really understand the whole invincibility thing doesn't help.

"Do you need anything else ma'am?"

Comet shows. "Oh hello sir! Glad to see you again sir."

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 05:41 PM
"Hi DC," Decker says. "I got a potion from Hestia."

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 05:44 PM
Well, that certainly explains a lot.

He seems uncomfortable about something, though.

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 05:52 PM
What's wrong? Turtle asks.

Decker is scratching Butler's ears. She doesn't seem to notice Darkcomet's mood.

Reinholdt
2009-02-12, 05:56 PM
Butler probably would have noticed Comet's mood. If his eyes weren't half closed, soaking in the attention, purring lightly.

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 05:57 PM
Calublufiok is making his move. I would be there now, but the guard is deadtimed.

Outwardly, he sighs.

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 06:10 PM
Turtle is quiet for a moment, and then says, Uncle Raven wants to go with you, when you're ready to try again.

Decker gives Butler an inviting look and attempts to lead him off to his room.

Reinholdt
2009-02-12, 06:17 PM
Butler grins and is led off. Who is he to say no when someone requests something?

He'll nod to DarkComet as he's dragged away.

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 06:21 PM
The coordinates are [insert coordinates here], by the way. I just hope it's not too late...

He still doesn't sound hopeful, though.

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 06:27 PM
If it is too late, will we ever know?

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 06:31 PM
I could hardly beat him before... And now...? It feels like I'm about to charge into my own death.

He mentally sighs, this time.

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 06:37 PM
I know. If Tessa couldn't beat him.... Turtle strokes Fan's hair. We could be about to lose everything.

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 06:42 PM
Even so... I'm not just going to let him win. Maybe before, but... Not now.

Turtle can probably sense that this isn't out of self-preservation as his previous assistance was.

DragonSlayerDan
2009-02-12, 06:47 PM
Dan stepped up to the large door of the GLoG HQ. This was the place. He knocked slightly, wondering who would answer.

Anyone here? I was told to come to the address.

Dan glanced down at his application:

Name: Dan The Dragonslayer a.k.a Dan
Current Alignment: Chaotic Good
Desired Alignment: Lawful Good
Profession: Dragon Slayer
Race: Human
Why do you want to join GLoG?: To bash the forces of evil with a big sword
Any other important information: I like to bash things with a sword, not slash, bash.

He figured it would work. He knocked again.

happyturtle
2009-02-12, 06:57 PM
A woman named Susan Elliot who dresses like she stepped out of a Jane Austen novel answers the door. "Welcome to GLoG." She approves Dan's membership application, assigns him a room, and gives him a tour.

But she then deadtimes because it's midnight in her player's timezone.

((Deadtime for Decker and Turtle too))

Darkcomet
2009-02-12, 08:23 PM
DC heads to the garden and teleports out.

Terry576
2009-02-12, 09:59 PM
Ven walks in with a awesome new sig. Yes, that is OOC. Sorta. :smalltongue: He goes and sits on the couch.

The Bushranger
2009-02-13, 01:20 AM
meanwhile...

Dani looks at Judy. What do we do now?

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 05:37 AM
Greg walked up to the door of GLoG.
"So, this is the place." said Greg. He pulled out his registration form.

Name: Greg
Current Alignment: Chaotic Good
Desired Alignment: I rather like Chaotic good.
Profession: Psychic (telekinesis, telepathy, etc.)
Race: Human
Why do you want to join GLoG?: because I'd like to prevent people doing horrible things to each other to prove themselves to other people.
Other: I don't remove my scarf
He knocked on the door.
"Hello! Is anyone in there?" he asked

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 09:50 AM
Butler goes to the door and opens. "Good day sir. Welcome to the Good League of Good sir. How can I help you today sir?"

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 11:11 AM
Johnny comes out of his room.
He tries to sneak his way into the greatroom, he's up to something.
(And Reinholdt, he wasn't aiming to make sentient rose, in effect, he reabsorbed the energy used to create the rose through arcane flames, perfectly normal, besides, the boy is still young and has a lot to learn)

Lex-Kat
2009-02-13, 01:46 PM
meanwhile...

Dani looks at Judy. What do we do now?

I'm not sure. Maybe we should go to Boston and see if we can find any clues. We should go top HALO now, and see if Tempest can scry her.

((Firefox, if you want, you can bring Sam back anytime. But until Judy fginds her, she'll keep looking, until she runs out of ideas.))

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 01:46 PM
((Babies happen by accident all the time Fred.
And you didn't say you reabsorbed. You burned it!
Hardly normal. Didn't even learn the thing's name. :smallannoyed:
Me thinks the power is getting to your head.))

Butler, through the power of destroying continuity, wakes up next to Decker and leans over to kiss her lightly on the cheek before putting back on his shorts, trying to be careful and not wake her.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 01:49 PM
(Power=Responsibility, but Absolute Power= Absolute Corruption)
Johnny just starts drawing in his little sketchpad.
Anyone looking over his shoulder should see that he's drawing an astronaut punching a zombie.

The Bushranger
2009-02-13, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure. Maybe we should go to Boston and see if we can find any clues. We should go top HALO now, and see if Tempest can scry her.

((Firefox, if you want, you can bring Sam back anytime. But until Judy fginds her, she'll keep looking, until she runs out of ideas.))

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I hope she's alright.
Dani studies the pictures of her friend for a minute, then grabs one off the desktop. We need something of hers to scry on, right?

((Ditto for Dani.
Oh! I gave her a new outfit for the wedding, whenever Q gets back:
http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0902/d06/1345/d580240.png ))

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 02:04 PM
Decker smiles in her sleep, but doesn't wake.

Turtle is still in the infirmary standing guard over the deadtimed Fan because her player doesn't feel like having two people in the big Cal fight at the same time. :smalltongue:

Morty
2009-02-13, 02:07 PM
Wenomir is patrolling the base, slightly unnerved by Decker leaving her devilish smell all over the place.

Lex-Kat
2009-02-13, 02:11 PM
Good idea. Judy heads back to the main room, and then to the HALO portal.

She steps though, and into HALO (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100339&page=35), where she'll immediately DEADTIME upon arrival.

((Sorry. Work needs me. :smallfrown:))

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 02:20 PM
Butler leaves then to go perform Butlery things. Like finishing working on that pool. And arrange something special for Decker as a surprise later.

The player is left to wonder whatever happened to that split into two groups deal.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 02:21 PM
Johnny finishes drawing and sighs, he then gets up and begins to stroll about, looking for someone to talk to.

The Bushranger
2009-02-13, 02:22 PM
((*gives Lex a can of Work-Away*
...it's nine months old though, so be sure to shake it well before use.))

Dani tucks the picture under her arm carefully, and follows Judy to and through the portal.

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 02:25 PM
Well Butler's working in the pool area if Johnny wants to talk to him. In all his usual lack of proper clothing. *looks at avatar to the left*
I can't guarantee a very enlightening conversation though. He's about as bright as a brick that's undergone a lobotomy.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 02:26 PM
(Meh, what the hell, Johnny grew up in a house containing 7 other men and there was only one bath/shower)
Johnny strolls over to the pool.
Hello Mr.Butler sir, how are you today?

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 02:28 PM
Butler looks up from his cleaning. "I'm doing well sir. And how are you today sir? Can I get you anything sir?" He starts putting the cleaning supplies aside in case Johnny needs something taken care of. No point in having people trip over loose equipment.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 02:30 PM
No need to call me sir, Mr.Butler, Johnny suits me just fine. I'm fine today sir, the sun is shining and the birds are singing. No, I don't believe I need aything right now, but don't trouble yourself sir, I'm quite self-reliant most of the time.
Johnny keeps his usual smile on his face. Pleasant and heart-warming.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 02:33 PM

((Sure, and I appreciate the IC acting. Also, to clarify, you said Judy picked up Sam's diary, does she still have that?))

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 02:38 PM
"Of course sir. I'll keep it in mind sir." Johnny seems as effective as everyone else in getting Butler to stop. "Birds are singing sir? I thought birds chirp sir? And isn't it cloudy today sir?" Butler keeps up his own patented Butler smile. Though confusion leaks in there as well.

"It's my job sir to get whatever you need. I'd be more than happy to do so sir."

The Bushranger
2009-02-13, 02:42 PM
((Sure, and I appreciate the IC acting. Also, to clarify, you said Judy picked up Sam's diary, does she still have that?))

((Dani has one of her pictures, I do know that. :smalltongue:))

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 02:43 PM
Well sir, I meant it as a simile, comparing the way birds chirp to beautiful singing. Is it cloudy? It seemed rather sunny earlier
Johnny shrugs
Well Butler, I believe you need someone to do things for you instead. Can I get you anything sir?

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 02:53 PM
"Metaphorical sir?" Butler doesn't get it. Either of his statements really. "Umm... no sir. I don't believe so sir." His face is twisted with total confusion, despite the smile.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 02:54 PM
A simile is like saying, "Her beauty shone like the sun". Where you make a comparison between two things using the word "like"
Johnny just sits down and keeps smiling. He is quite happy to continue this conversation further.

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 03:03 PM
"Umm.. of course sir." He seems to be thinking. Primarily of how the person keeps from burning up if their beauty shines like the sun.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 03:05 PM
(Is Butler really that dense? I mean, Johnny is a 15 year old boy and he seems to grasp conversation easier than Butler)
Well Butler, it's a pleasure to meet you.
Johnny extends a hand as a gesture of friendship and good will.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 03:07 PM
Decker finally wakes up and goes looking for Butler. Doesn't take her long to find him. "Hi!" :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 03:11 PM
Sometimes. It usually depends on if big words are involved. Like metaphorical. People haven't seen his stupidity lately just cause he's been so charming and/or in life threatening situations.

"A pleasure to meet you too sir." Butler will shake Johnny's hand.

Any confusion Butler had remaining gets replaced with a big smile when Decker shows up. "Hi Decker ma'am! How are you ma'am?"

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 03:12 PM
Hello Miss Decker.
Johnny keeps smiling and nods his head in greeting.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 03:28 PM
Is Decker the only person who never tried to break Butler of saying 'ma'am'? It never even occurred to her to try and change him. And anyway, who needs Intelligence when you're drowning in Charisma? :smallwink:

Decker hugs Butler from behind, with a nuzzle. "I feel great," she says, and she sounds like she means it. She's still missing half of her soul, but having Butler helps her forget the pain of that for a while.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 03:30 PM
(I just tried to stop him calling the 15 year old boy "sir")
Johnny just sits there.
She's out there, she's out there. He whispers to himself.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-13, 03:33 PM
Metaphorical is like saying, "Her beauty shone like the sun". Where you make a comparison between two things using the word "like"
Johnny just sits down and keeps smiling. He is quite happy to continue this conversation further.

... No.
You just offered a simile, and a description of one. Not a metaphor.
That's a simile.

Reinholdt
Butler hasn't forgotten that, no matter how stupid he is. She gave it up for him after all. And he'll probably end up doing something stupid and dangerous to try and get it back.

Butler grasps her arms and does his best to huggle backwards. Which kind of actually works in real life but is hard to describe. "I'm glad to hear that ma'am." Butler looks over his shoulder. "Have you told Vidalia yet ma'am?"

Butler glances at Johnny. "Who's outside sir? Should I get the door for her sir?"

Fredthefighter
... No.
You just offered a simile, and a description of one. Not a metaphor.
That's a simile.

(EDITED it)
No Butler, there is no one at the door. I was thinking of the girl of my dreams and how she's out there in the world somewhere.

Morty
2009-02-13, 03:44 PM
Wenomir sits down in the kitchen, a bit angry, it seems.

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 03:46 PM
"How is the girl from dreams out of... nevermind sir." This kid was just confusing. And talking nonsense.

He'll hold Decker patiently while waiting on her reply.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 03:50 PM
Johnny just looks hopefully out into the air.
Someday, someday Johnny.
There's a small fire beginning to burn in Johnny's eyes, the fires of determination and courage.

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 03:52 PM
"Hello" said Greg. He was looking at a strange, near naked person. He seemed to get bored and walk off.
"Is anyone there? Who do I give my form to?" He asks, waving a piece of paper in the air.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 03:53 PM
"No, I haven't told Vidalia yet. Maybe we can go and tell her together," Decker says. "Johnny, you don't want to find the girl of your dreams yet. You don't know enough to make it work. Give it some time."

Kaelaroth
2009-02-13, 03:55 PM
Johnny just looks hopefully out into the air.
Someday, someday Johnny.
There's a small fire beginning to burn in Johnny's eyes, the fires of determination and courage.

Vorka, who's here, now, raises an eyebrow.

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 03:58 PM
Butler :smalleek: and splashes pool water on Johnny's eyes to put the fire out.
Because he still doesn't understand metaphorical. :smalltongue:

"We can ma'am. I thought you might want to tell her yourself alone ma'am first, but I'd be happy to go with you if you'd like ma'am."

Butler's plot clone that is at the door as promised, "You'd like to join sir? I'll take it sir." He holds out his hand to take the form so he can go put it in the large paper pile that no one ever looks at. He also steps aside to let him in. "Welcome to the Good League of Good sir. Can I get anything for you sir?"

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 03:59 PM
Johnny splashes Butler back after splashing him. He chuckles a little.
Then Johnny just looks at Decker.
Maybe, but I'll never know if I don't try.
His smile perks up a bit, but it's not as joyful as his usual smile.
He then looks at Vorka.
Hello Vorka, how are you today?

Kaelaroth
2009-02-13, 04:03 PM
Well enough. Vorka says, not as kindly as before. His opinion of Johnny has been dented, somewhat, by the boy's romantic.. tomfoolery.

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 04:05 PM
Greg hands the nakedish cat person his form.
"Just your name, please" says Greg. "Is there anyone else here?"

Morty
2009-02-13, 04:05 PM
Wenomir is still sitting in the kitchen, oblivious that the demon-lich is yet again fought without his aid.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 04:06 PM
"Do you think I should go alone, Butler?" Decker asks quietly.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 04:09 PM
(Why would Vorka have something against Johnny for eventually wanting to find love)
That's good to know Vorka.
Johnny puts on his trademark smile in an attempt to cheer himself up a little. It works.

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 04:12 PM
Greg hands the nakedish cat person his form.
"Just your name, please" says Greg. "Is there anyone else here?"
"My name is Butler B. Butler sir. It's a pleasure to meet you sir. There's a number of other people here sir. I can show you around if you'd like sir." There's a map on the front page. They should be in the great room now, so Greg would have no trouble seeing Wenomir sitting in the kitchen.

"I don't know ma'am. I just thought Vidalia might appreciate it ma'am. But I'm more than happy to come with ma'am."

Kaelaroth
2009-02-13, 04:15 PM
((Maybe you should roleplay it, and find out? :smallsigh:
But, since you so want to know, Vorka's a slightly repressed bisexual, raised in a religious commnunity, primarily male. He's been raised not to trust sex, and, for that matter, sentimentality. Happy now? :smallannoyed:))

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 04:17 PM
"Well then, hello Butler." said Greg. He noticed a person sitting in the kitchen, but his eyes were glowing red.
"Greetings!" he called out to him.

Morty
2009-02-13, 04:19 PM
Hello, Wenomir answers. He's a quite tall, scarred, read-eyed man. There's a long, narrow sword leaning against the wall next to him. He doesn't look very happy.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 04:28 PM
Happy, the character in my avatar (though currently wearing everyday clothes rather than a dress), comes into the kitchen. She gives a smile to the newcomer, but addresses Wenomir. "Wenomir. Darkcomet found out where the lich is."

Decker considers for a moment. "You think Vidalia would prefer that?" She knows she's a lot older and smarter than Butler. But she also trusts his judgement when it comes to matters of the heart.

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 04:28 PM
Doesn't seem to pleased to se me thought Greg. "I'm Greg, I just joined today." Said Greg. "What's your name?" he asked politely.

Morty
2009-02-13, 04:30 PM
I'm Wenomir. Upon hearing Turtle, he seems to brighten. Really? Where is he now?

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 04:42 PM
Happy gives him the coordinates (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99530&page=34).

"It's nice to meet you Greg. I'm Happy Amakirr. Welcome to GLoG."

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 04:43 PM
((It's okay, I have the character registry open in a new tab.))
"A pleasure to meet you wenowir" said Greg. "Hello, I'm Greg" greg tells the woman that walked in. "What's your name?" he asked her, eager to get to know people.
((I'm going to have to deadtime, I need to take out the router))

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 04:50 PM
Decker considers for a moment. "You think Vidalia would prefer that?" She knows she's a lot older and smarter than Butler. But she also trusts his judgement when it comes to matters of the heart.

"I do ma'am. It shows you care for her outside of me. That you consider her just as special ma'am. Don't worry ma'am. I'll swing by later today at the tavern to meet up with you both if you go alone ma'am." Butler apparently doesn't get too jealous.

And is only as good at this as his player which might not be as much as can be hoped. :smalltongue: Lousy characters being better at things than their players.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 04:53 PM
Decker pulls Butler close for a lingering kiss. "You're right. I'll go myself."

Darkcomet
2009-02-13, 05:00 PM
Happy, the character in my avatar (though currently wearing everyday clothes rather than a dress), comes into the kitchen. She gives a smile to the newcomer, but addresses Wenomir. "Wenomir. Darkcomet found out where the lich is."

Technically, Drelin did.

Speaking of which...

Knock knock knock, on the front door.

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 05:01 PM
Butler gives her one of those world class kisses that's the perfect mixture of passionate and sweet. "Alright ma'am. I have to get the door ma'am. I'll be back ma'am."

Butler heads to the door and opens it. "Hello sir. How can I help you sir?"

Fredthefighter
2009-02-13, 05:03 PM
Johnny yawns and walks off to his room. Where he falls asleep and deadtimes.

Darkcomet
2009-02-13, 05:05 PM
'tis Drelin, obviously.

I need something from here. May I come in?

He's doing his best to suppress the metallic sound to his voice, but it leaks through in places.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 05:17 PM
((I don't think Turtle knows it was Drelin))

Decker goes out to the rose garden and portals to theTaverna to look for Vidalia.

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 05:18 PM
"I suppose so sir." He steps aside and lets Drelin in cause no one threw him out last time. "May I get it for you sir? I know where most everything is kept sir."

Morty
2009-02-13, 05:21 PM
Wenomir breathes deeply now that the devil is gone.

Darkcomet
2009-02-13, 05:25 PM
I do need another member's approval to get what I intend to take.

Drelin heads off in search of another member, as it is fairly obvious to him that Butler isn't the best person to talk to about this.

Reinholdt
2009-02-13, 05:37 PM
"Oh... certainly sir. I believe Happyturtle is in the infirmary sir. And Wenomir is in the kitchen sir." Butler returns to the pool, sees Decker has left, and fast forwards through the rest of the cleaning process. He then heads on out of GLoG. Going... somewhere. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-02-13, 05:42 PM
Drelin heads to the infirmary.

Ah. I need access to your armory. I, too, want to stop Calublufiok.

He coughs a bit.

Morty
2009-02-13, 05:47 PM
And then Wenomir deadtimes. Those oozes are really bent on keeping him away from Calublufiok.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 05:52 PM
Turtle nods, and leads Drelin to the infirmary. armoury.

Darkcomet
2009-02-13, 05:54 PM
Drelin looks around for something along the lines of "sniper rifle".

FireFox
2009-02-13, 06:12 PM
Tobias walks in and goes to the infirmary to look at Fan.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 06:14 PM
Drelin will find a selection of sniper rifles to choose from. No flesh rotting ammo though.

Chas the mage
2009-02-13, 06:14 PM
Callixtus enters, wearing SWAT armor, with an MP5, a javlin missline launcher, a Mini-gun, and RPG, and an M95

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 06:17 PM
Greg undeadtimes and looks over at the strange, metallic sounding man. His curiosity gets the better of him and he attempts to read it's mind to find out his name and why he sounds metallic. He hears him say something about someone called Calbufiok

Darkcomet
2009-02-13, 06:18 PM
Drelin will find a selection of sniper rifles to choose from. No flesh rotting ammo though.

Drelin takes one and examines it.

This will have to do...

He absolutely stops trying to hide his cybernetic nature at this point. It's fairly obvious from his voice.

Greg gets this:

Please stay out of my head.

His thoughts don't sound metallic.

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 06:34 PM
Sorry Greg says before retreating from his mind. A man with a stupidly huge amount of weapons walks through the front door. After the embarrassing foray into the other person's mind, he decides to actually talk to him.
"Hi, I'm Greg" he says

Darkcomet
2009-02-13, 06:41 PM
I must be going, I'm afraid.

He heads for the front door, sniper rifle in tow.

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 06:45 PM
"sorry again" says Greg to the person, now holding a mean looking sniper rifle. He starts to walk over to some couches, thinking that he'll have to explore the entire base soon.

Chas the mage
2009-02-13, 06:50 PM
Callixtus's automated vocal thingy goes off
May I be of assistance?

Darkcomet
Drelin exits.

Mee
Toby might sense that he's being watched.
Yes, I am unsure as to where Toby is, but . . . he's being watched.
Unless he's, say, taking a leak.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 06:54 PM
Tobias is examining Fan's body and waiting for somebody to tell him to shove off.

Mee
2009-02-13, 07:00 PM
Oh, okay.
Then the Mysterious Watcher, (TM) deadtimes.

Yup. Be back . . . whenever. Bye.

Fan
2009-02-13, 07:06 PM
Fanboy undeadtimes after a LOOONG stay with the deadtime ooze.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 07:08 PM
Tobias is standing right next to Fan's bed, coincidentally. He's looking down at him and trying to figure things out.

Chas the mage
2009-02-13, 07:20 PM
Callixtus exits

Fan
2009-02-13, 07:23 PM
Tobias is standing right next to Fan's bed, coincidentally. He's looking down at him and trying to figure things out.

Fan looks up at Tobias..
"Why are you staring at me?"

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 07:25 PM
Turtle walks into the infirmary at the same time, and her eyes narrow. "Yes, I'd like to know that too."

FireFox
2009-02-13, 07:27 PM
Ah. You're awake. See, I was hoping you could help me figure something out. See, when I first came here, I was told this was a place where bad people got redeemed and converted. But I haven't seen a single bad person, and I have seen a whole lot of armed and dangerous people. And then I go investigate your so called poison for your missus. They used some kind of positive energy bomb on you. At first I thought giving your target cancer was a pretty interesting idea, not terribly efficient, but still interesting. Now I'm not so sure that's it. So, what is going on here?
Tobias turns to face Turtle, hands resting casually on his sword hilts.

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 07:30 PM
Greg gets up, and starts walking around. He turns into a corridor and notices some sort of library, as well as an infirmary, and up ahead some sleeping quarters. He decides that this is boring, so he turns around and comes out into the great room again before turning right. He quickly finds his way to an armoury of some sort.
"Some nice stuff in here" he says. none of it really catches his eye though, so he figures that he'll have a closer look another day. He heads back into the great room, and sits down.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 07:37 PM
Turtle walks over to Fan, attempting to get between Tobias and her husband.

"Evil people being redeemed. Fan was the first, and I was the second. There are others on the site, but I'm not going to give you their names, because it's none of your business. We're armed because we have dangerous enemies, and one of those enemies used positive energy because my husband is a vampire. Does that answer your questions?" :smallannoyed:

FireFox
2009-02-13, 07:42 PM
Tobias steps to the side to block her. You know, it really does. Granted, I am in too much of a bad mood to really judge, but that kind of perfect story just makes me paranoid. You were redeemed? Saw the light of hurting people? Or did you finally realize that you were actually a good person and that you should get away from bad influences in your life? Or, and I really think this is the more likely, are you trying to see how much crap you can get me to swallow? :smallannoyed:

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 07:47 PM
"Right. So a year ago I turned away from my former life and helped found this organization solely for the purpose of being able to deceive some guy I only met this week. Yeah. That makes sense."

Fan
2009-02-13, 07:50 PM
"Also, you may want to stop bad mouthing my wife if you value your limbs.":smallannoyed:
Fanboy is not happy with someone treating Happy like that.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 07:51 PM
That's a fair point. Maybe you are telling the truth about this... organization. But there's still the matter of Arktos finding me the day after I first met you. I never even thought that you had connections with him... Tobias complies with Fan silently. Fairly easy considering he's not actually badmouthing her. He's just paranoid.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 07:54 PM
Well you did sort of call her a liar. :smalltongue: Most people consider that badmouthing.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I want you to leave. Now."

FireFox
2009-02-13, 07:58 PM
Tobias hardly considers lying to somebody for the purpose of concealing something to be insulting. Sometimes it is the only course of action.

Okay, you had a reasonable explanation for the other thing, but what can you possibly say in your defence now? I know he didn't follow me. He just showed up after I visited here. You, or any other one of your members, must have recognized me and told him. I'm not leaving until you satisfy my paranoia. And trying to force me isn't going to help in the slightest.

billtodamax
2009-02-13, 08:08 PM
Greg heard something happening in the direction of the first corridor he walked down. He gets up and sends a little mind probe to have a look around. He's strangely blocked when he tries to go near the bedrooms, so he figures he won't be able to find anyone that way. First he checks the library, but it's not in there, so he turns towards the infirmary. He sees Happy and someone else arguing about something. Apparently the other guy met someone, and this means that happy's involved in some sort of sinister plot.
"You sound a bit paranoid friend" said Greg.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 08:14 PM
"I said I don't know what you're talking about. If you have enemies, that's your own business. Right now, you are standing between me and my husband's sick bed, and I consider that a hostile act."

Tobias won't see, but Greg might, that a third arm has grown out of Happy's back and she's using it to draw a hand gun from a holster at the small of her back.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 08:17 PM
If my message ever got through to you, you'd know I went over to this NO place and asked them. They said they just used a positive energy bomb. If he is a vampire, treatments of say... Inflict Critical Wounds should work. Tobias nods and takes two steps away from Happy and Fan. He ignores the guy who's stating the obvious for now.

Fan
2009-02-13, 08:21 PM
"I'm fine now, but that was a BOMB those things are intended to wipe people out en masse, and I got caught in the face with it, excuse me for being undead. Now if you don't mind Happy asked you to leave, and said that we didn't know who the hell you were talking about. So, please listen, or things may have to get ugly."

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 08:25 PM
Happy returns to Fan's side, clearly making a human shield of herself. The extra arm disappears, as does the gun.

"Yes, I got the message," she says.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 08:29 PM
Tobias nods at Happy and points a finger at Fan. You. Shut the hell up. I don't want to hear it. Tons of people are in worse predicaments than you so quit your bitching. And you're threatening me with "ugly". He laughs bitterly, but takes his hands off his swords. You don't want to know what "ugly" truly looks like.

Fan
2009-02-13, 08:34 PM
Tobias nods at Happy and points a finger at Fan. You. Shut the hell up. I don't want to hear it. Tons of people are in worse predicaments than you so quit your bitching. And you're threatening me with "ugly". He laughs bitterly, but takes his hands off his swords. You don't want to know what "ugly" truly looks like.

YOU Say I DON'T know anything! .. your talking to a guy whos seen his family, including himself, butchered, seen the pits of hell TWICE, faced horrible far realm monstrosities, had his wife kill him once.... ACTUALLY been to the realm of far horrors, and been slowly burnt to death twice..... What can you possibly have that I haven't experianced?" :smallfurious:

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 08:36 PM
"That's enough. We've already asked you to leave. This is our home, and you've overstayed your welcome." :smallmad:

FireFox
2009-02-13, 08:42 PM
Tobias ignores Happy as he yells back. And what now? Now you're lying in a hospital bed! Stand the hell up and get back to work you ball-less worm! I've seen Druids take direct hits from artillery shells on nights when the whole damn sky was flying, burning lead. I saw them lying there with their entrails spilling out and still managing to cast spells! I was beaten almost to death by a fire elemental, and burns be damned I kicked his ass two days later! I've had damn near every one I care about get killed right before my eyes in both of the wars I've been in. My fiance was attacked and annhilated as she walked down the aisle towards me at the altar! I have laughed in the faces of the gods themselves, narrowly escaped an execution by socalled Good guys because the rope broke, destroyed an entire village of innocents just so I could win a damn war against a greater evil and fought a ****ing God to a draw seconds before I let myself get maimed horribly to trick him! Sure, you've got a real painful past, but who the bloody hell doesn't!? I'm not going to feel sorry for you, and if you want me gone, you get out of that bed and make me! :smallmad:

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 08:46 PM
Happy pushes a few buttons on her wrist controller. Security drones roll out of the walls and attempt to teleport the crazy druid outside the base.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 08:53 PM
Oddly enough, Tobias is far from crazy. Right now he's kind of fed up with people like how Fan is acting, is suffering from PTSD, and is trying to aggravate Fan into stopping lying around and throwing a good punch at him...
... I hope that makes sense. >.>

Tobias mutters a spell and if the drones are made out of metal at all they should be forcibly repelled away from him.

Fan
2009-02-13, 08:54 PM
"No, your not even worth my physical attention. Happy cover your ears."]
Fan then stands a corona of negative energy surrounding him surrounding his remaining wounds as he inhales deeply waves of crackling air now surrounding him where negative energy once was once present as he shot a wave out at Tobias silently, and wordlessly.

If he is hit by the waves he will be shifted into a magicless area of the far realms.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 08:57 PM
That sentence is extremely confusing... Did you have to say "surrounding" three times? :smallconfused: So, if I get this, right, Tobias is being shot at by... teleportation rays...?

His mood rapidly swinging from fake anger to genuine depression, Tobias creates a stone wall to block the waves and turns to walk out.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 08:58 PM
The drones have some metal in them, but they are also protected against magic. So they aren't repelled. They continue to approach and attempt the teleport.

Happy does not cover her ears, but internally, her inner ear disconnects itself.

Fan
2009-02-13, 09:02 PM
That sentence is extremely confusing... Did you have to say "surrounding" three times? :smallconfused: So, if I get this, right, Tobias is being shot at by... teleportation rays...?

His mood rapidly swinging from fake anger to genuine depression, Tobias creates a stone wall to block the waves and turns to walk out.

Well, I have to say this...Multiple teleportation rays stopped by one wall are not.
You still have about 9 rays coming towards you.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 09:05 PM
The magic is only used to create a strong magnetic repulsion. They shouldn't be able to get near him. In fact, as he walks out the door of the infirmary, any metal objects such as beds will probably shift and move away from him. He's too depressed to even call back an insult at Fan.

I have nothing of the sort coming at me. I assume it is Tobias whom these rays are directed at. If they are directed at me I assure you that they will be unsucessful. I would really prefer to get some sort of coherent idea on what these things are, but right now I believe Tobias can simply avoid them by turning a corner after walking out the infirmary door.

Boo
2009-02-13, 09:06 PM
"...ACTUALLY been to the realm of far horrors..."

For, like, five seconds. :smalltongue: Unless this was some OTHER time, and I wasn't invited.

Francis, who was in the Far Realms for two weeks, enters the area of desperate moods. Perhaps he felt the change in aura's, or perhaps he was going to look for a refill. In either case, he's there. "Stop!" He commands to both parties, throwing a nearby plant at the rays. No Far Realms crap, okay?

Fan
2009-02-13, 09:12 PM
The magic is only used to create a strong magnetic repulsion. They shouldn't be able to get near him. In fact, as he walks out the door of the infirmary, any metal objects such as beds will probably shift and move away from him. He's too depressed to even call back an insult at Fan.

I have nothing of the sort coming at me. I assume it is Tobias whom these rays are directed at. If they are directed at me I assure you that they will be unsucessful. I would really prefer to get some sort of coherent idea on what these things are, but right now I believe Tobias can simply avoid them by turning a corner after walking out the infirmary door.

Waves of teleportation magic... MAGNETISM DOES NOT WORK ON MAGIC... Learn your laws of the forces of the universe.
you have the strong magnetic force which works on alloys, or substances with a electrical current running through them of some strength.... This includes even water, and magnetic metals.
So, yeah rays of planeshift still homing in on target.
Got ninja'd by boo.

Boo
2009-02-13, 09:14 PM
Nope. Plant, flying dirt. Disrupts all nine by getting in the way.

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 09:15 PM
If Tobias leaves the base, then as far as I'm concerned the battle is over. If he is just leaving the infirmary but remaining in the base, we're going to have to have the ZOMG EPIC FIGHT and I'd really rather not. So can we just say Tobias is outside the base now? Please? :smallsmile:

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 09:16 PM
Reinholdt already asked this, but whatever happened to the team that was meant to strike Cal's phylactery simultaneously. Assuming it's in the same place of course. If it isn't, then just ignore that first sentence. Anyway, whenever the team is made, I volunteer Jazirian to go, as he's fun to play, and not potentially gamebreaking like my other two (present) characters.

Oh, and Kris suddenly disappears in a flash of broken continuity. I think you're rather busy now, so there's no use in adding another villain to the mix. :smalltongue:

Now...
Jazirian is in the temple place, doing the trial of paper thing.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 09:18 PM
Waves of teleportation magic... MAGNETISM DOES NOT WORK ON MAGIC... Learn your laws of the forces of the universe.
you have the strong magnetic force which works on alloys, or substances with a electrical current running through them of some strength.... This includes even water, and magnetic metals.
So, yeah rays of planeshift still homing in on target.

*cough* If you would have read my post and the posts before it, you would have realized that my remark regarding magnetism was directed at the teleportation attempting security drones, which do have metal parts. Oh, so now the rays are homing? Really now. Is it to much to ask for you to describe your attacks in detail and not change them after doing so? And how Good is it to attack someone who only yelled back -after- being yelled at and is now on his way out?
Tobias frowns at Francis, who I guess is blocking the infirmary doorway. Let me guess, you too have a tragic past and know more horrors than anyone else?

((Happy: Tobias is on his way out, but as far as I understand the situation Francis is in his way. Also, despite his depression, he'll fight anyone who tries to make him leave; if only because he'll leave on his own power or not at all.))

Fan
2009-02-13, 09:23 PM
Also the rays aren't homing that was a reference to a missile attack zeroing in on a target straight ahead... by god your too literal.
Anyway the rays are done, and gone thanks to boo.

Me.
2009-02-13, 09:23 PM
Ryu undeadtimes and goes to the table. There, he unravels a fresh scroll and places a stone on each end to keep it still. He pulls out two brushes, a set of several paints, and an ink well. He dips the wolf hair brush in the jade paint and begins painting...

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 09:24 PM
Firefox, please see the Acronym ooc thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5771384&posted=1#post5771384), and would everyone else please take their OOC discussion there?

Happy puts a hand on Fan. We want him out of here. Just let him go.

Boo
2009-02-13, 09:25 PM
There will be no fights surrounding Mr. Ferdinand. This isn't really my wanting no fights, but rather, he'll stop any. "Why, yes I do." He replies, possibly a bit tipsy. "But it's boring, so why talk about it?" He then looks at Fan with cold eyes. "I heard part of the conversation. You were going to send him away, weren't you? Any reason? No, you have none." This was oddly serious. "You overreacted again. I hope you don't do it again." He moves aside, and attempts to put his arm around Tobias' shoulder. He'll then try to guide him away to a more friendly area for the sake of stopping any chance of violence. As well, on his way out of the infirmary, he'll say "I'm sorry, Mrs. Amakkir."

FireFox
2009-02-13, 09:34 PM
Exactly. Tobias lets himself get led away. Hey look, 'm sorry about trying to pick a fight. I'm just bored and going through hell. I'll just let myself out now...

Boo
2009-02-13, 09:45 PM
Francis leads Tobias to his room. It's very plain, and neat, but at least it's very calming in that regard. The only thing that seems out of place is a flask places atop the chest of drawers. "I'd like to talk to you." Gabriel says. "There may be something you can help me with."

FireFox
2009-02-13, 09:47 PM
Sure, what can I do for you? Tobias speaks automatically, altruism coming as a simple reflex.

Me.
2009-02-13, 09:50 PM
After a few minutes, Ryu stops and lets his almost finished painting dry. It is a landscape, a beautiful hill with a cherry blossom tree and river/waterfall and sky background. e sits in front of the fire and pulls out an odd instrument that looks like a flute with two heads. He begins to play a low tune, like a lullaby, and yet, it seems solemn and serious. Soon, characters appear in the fire, like centaurs and satyrs, and they begin too dance around.

Boo
2009-02-13, 09:54 PM
"There's a forest on the outskirts of this place." It hasn't been posted yet. "We cannot prevent something from happening, so in one week I'm going to need you to gather as many souls as you can, and work with them to enter the forest. You'll know why by that time." He strokes his long, scruffy beard before continuing. "I cannot leave this place, that is why I'm asking you to do this for me."

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-13, 10:03 PM
A haze of boiling steam billows in through the front doors as Alexander Wright stumbles in after his long absence.
This appears to be the REAL Alexander, rather than an extradimensional copy.

His cowl/cloak is ripped and tattered and sporting some impressive new bulletholes around the edges.
Wright himself, appears to be unharmed save for the sweat on his brow and a wrinkled nose, apparantly disapproving of the smell accompanying the steam.

Closer examination will reveal slightly less fluid movements than normal, and, without report or even a jovial "Honey, I'm home.".
The cyborg immediatly makes his way to a couch and begins cutting himself open to perform maintenance on his wired nervous systems.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 10:03 PM
... Tobias hesitates, wondering if this place was as good as they all wanted him to believe. He then decided he was really bored. Sure. But I don't know anybody here, so you'll have to get other people to go with.

Me.
2009-02-13, 10:08 PM
Ryu notes Alex and asks if he is all right? The music doesn't stop, nor do the figures.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-13, 10:14 PM
"You try truduging through damp, steam-filled cyberpunk sewers full of extra-dimensional water daemons for months on end, fighting them off with rifles and pistols and being heavily cyberized while you're at it."
Alex replies wryly, producing a small blowdryer-like device and drying off some of the more 'exposed' wires.
"Just a bit of a diffused signal. Should be fine, soon. On the plus side, I've picked up a new trick - by which I mean jerry-rigged implant I hope to improve on whilst I'm here."

Mee
2009-02-13, 10:15 PM
Zoe un-deadtimes.

She wakes up in her room, stretches, shakes the snow that had fallen onto her off, then wanders around, having no idea what is going on any more.

Me.
2009-02-13, 10:19 PM
Ryu nods and goes back to his now dry painting. He then draws some figures off to the side and seals it with his signature. He then looks at Alex and says"I know of things similar. Although, I have yet to encounter much technology. But don't get me started on demons. I've been an avatar for 215 years, and before that and partially during I was a cleric. "

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 10:20 PM
She might encounter Jazirian, be-human'd and rogue'd, dueling with a training drone. With a sword. Never mind the fact that he can sling explosive magic and turn into a giant firebreathing lizard at will...
I think Jazirian needs to be among his own kind more...

Mee
2009-02-13, 10:21 PM
She might encounter Jazirian, be-human'd and rogue'd, dueling with a training drone. With a sword. Never mind the fact that he can sling explosive magic and turn into a giant firebreathing lizard at will...
I think Jazirian needs to be among his own kind more...

She sits down and watches him, curious about the whole thing.
((Well, I'll try to arrange that. When I can, anyway.))

Boo
2009-02-13, 10:23 PM
... Tobias hesitates, wondering if this place was as good as they all wanted him to believe. He then decided he was really bored. Sure. But I don't know anybody here, so you'll have to get other people to go with.

"I will when the time comes, but as I have said, I can't leave this place." Sorry for the delayed response. I'm partially deadtiming now, so... yeah.

FireFox
2009-02-13, 10:25 PM
"I will when the time comes, but as I have said, I can't leave this place." Sorry for the delayed response. I'm partially deadtiming now, so... yeah.

Tobias nods, and quickly leaves. He has to deadtime himself in wherever he goes now as well.

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 10:26 PM
Jazirian stabbities the hell out of the training drone, and spots Zoe.
"Hi Zoe! I haven't seen you in a while." :smallsmile:

Mee
2009-02-13, 10:27 PM
Jazirian stabbities the hell out of the training drone, and spots Zoe.
"Hi Zoe! I haven't seen you in a while." :smallsmile:

"I've been . . . sleeping."
Her IC reason for absence: She has to sleep a lot, as she's growing. Yeah. That's it.
"How have you been?
And why did you hurt that . . . thing?"

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-13, 10:29 PM
"I've found that the projection of a specially-crafted liquid - with properties similar to Liquid Nitrogen - applied directly to the daemon's skin prevents watershaping, rendering them vulnerable to bullets.
Guess what the new implant does.
Also, guess what the design in my pocket is for.

And whats this about places and going there when times come? Smells like PLOT."

Me.
2009-02-13, 10:30 PM
Ryu nods"I find some holy water, or a trinket are most effective. Perhaps an exorcism even. And, as too your questions, I have no idea. "

happyturtle
2009-02-13, 10:33 PM
Happy hugs Fan. "Are you feeling better?"

Happy's player suggests Thanatos5150 go to the Acronym ooc thread and ask about how to get involved in the plot to stop the lich from destroying the universe.

Me.
2009-02-13, 10:41 PM
((Sorry, must deadtime. Again with stupid brothers, but this time, it be other brother going too bed. Sometimes, I wish I were an only child...:smallannoyed:))

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 10:47 PM
"It's a training Drone. I was practicing."

Mee
2009-02-13, 10:49 PM
"It's a training Drone. I was practicing."

"Oh, okay.
Then why didn't you just bite it? I know you can . . ."
She sits there, watching him.

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 10:53 PM
"Human mouths aren't exactly made for biting. That's why they like to cut up their food with crude implements."

Mee
2009-02-13, 10:54 PM
"Human mouths aren't exactly made for biting. That's why they like to cut up their food with crude implements."
She blinks.
"That I did not know.
But . . . you aren't human, are you?"

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 11:01 PM
"No. But I'm in the form of one now, and I should practice in case I get stuck in this form... Besides, I'm bored."
Jazirian shifts slightly, he's sort of uneasy from the questioning.

Mee
2009-02-13, 11:02 PM
"No. But I'm in the form of one now, and I should practice in case I get stuck in this form... Besides, I'm bored."
Jazirian shifts slightly, he's sort of uneasy from the questioning.

"Oh, okay.
You could get stuck in that form?"
She's just curious. Feel free to, if you don't want to answer any more questions, offer to get her some food.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-13, 11:18 PM
After a cursory drying of his circutry, Alex makes his way to the training rooms to see who is around and killing time, maybe they could get him up-to-date on Happenings.
Capital H is intentional.

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 11:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you read this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5729039&postcount=204)post yet?

"Sure. Antimagic, Disjunction, whatever
Wanna get something to eat?"

Mee
2009-02-13, 11:30 PM
Not yet, I will later.
When I have time, probably.
"Oh.

Sure!" :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 11:34 PM
Okay. It's basically an outline of Jazirian's abilities.

Jazirian sighs with relief, and goes to make pizza! Properly, this time. :smallamused:

Mee
2009-02-13, 11:37 PM
((. . . I approve of that post. I like that post. And it's a very, very good design.
Enough that, since Zoe is still young/small/new enough, if you want him to tell/teach her about it, (And, conveniently, telling me more about it) I could switch her to it, as the D&D dragons are . . . somewhat lacking.))

Proper, in this case, meaning . . . .?

Anyway, she follows.

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 11:46 PM
Meaning not setting the oven to 700 degrees. :smalltongue:
There's instructions on pizza boxes for a reason.

((And thanks. :smallsmile:))

Mee
2009-02-13, 11:51 PM
((No problem. It is well done.))

Oh, that. :smalltongue:
She sits on the table and watches.

Hyozo
2009-02-13, 11:52 PM
Crodelus approaches the front door and pauses, not quite as certain as he was when he left the taverna. He reminds himself that he's not back at home, and slowly raises his fist and knocks on the door three times.

Ashen Lilies
2009-02-13, 11:59 PM
Ding! Pizza's done!

Jazirian brings it out, ignoring such petty things as 'heat', and then deadtimes.

Mee
2009-02-14, 12:01 AM
She breathes on it, cooling it down, then starts to eat.
She doesn't hear the knocking on the door.
He could try harder . . .

Hyozo
2009-02-14, 12:08 AM
Crodelus wonders if anybody had heard him and knocks harder on the door.

Mee
2009-02-14, 12:11 AM
Zoe does, in fact, hear it. However, she's busy eating.

But, trying to be nice, she crams the last of the pizza into her mouth, then goes to the door.
She hops up, and looks out the viewing window.

So, Crody will (If he's looking) see a very small dragon head looking at him.

Hyozo
2009-02-14, 12:26 AM
Crodelus wonders why nobody is answering the door, then realizes that most of the league must be involved in preventing the threat to all existence he's heard mentioned in the taverna. He looks around, wondering how long he would have to wait or if there was some way he could help to solve this himself, and notices Zoe's head in the window. Still slightly uncertain, he asks "Can you let me in?"

Mee
2009-02-14, 12:30 AM
"I dunno. I probably could, but . . . should I? I don't know . . ."
She's young, and susceptible, so even if he shouldn't be here, he could probably talk her into letting him in.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-14, 12:34 AM
Alex, rather not knowing iceddragon's character heads up to 'his' lab to modify his cybernetics.

Mee
2009-02-14, 12:37 AM
Mmmkay, she'll let him in if he asks her nicely, as she is somewhat naive.
I'm saying this, since I have to deadtime.
And I have no idea when I'll be back.
Might be tomorrow, might be a few weeks.
No idea.

Goodnight, all.

Hyozo
2009-02-14, 12:43 AM
"Unless you can tell me what I can do to help solve this "threat to existence" problem people keep talking about, I think I could probably help your organization more from inside than I can from outside."

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-14, 12:47 AM
Thanks to the wonders of enhance dperception and audio survailance, Alexander stops his work, and runs down to the front door, opening it for the person seeking interest, hastilly stowing the implant he was working on in one of his N-spacers.

He arrives at the front door with an open and bleeding left hand.

"Threat to all existance? Talking is reccomend, comming in is fine."
He opens the door for the man outside.

"Name's Alexander Wright."

Chas the mage
2009-02-14, 12:50 AM
Callixtus enters, wearing SWAT armor, with an MP5, a javlin missline launcher, a Mini-gun, and RPG, and an M95

Thanatos 51-50
2009-02-14, 12:58 AM
"Quite the load-out. Have you ever considered getting some N-spacers?"

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 02:52 AM
Greg watched the rest of the argument in silence (because his player was deadtimed), then walked into the great hall and got himself a seat in front of the fire. He notices Callixtus walk in.
"Hey, where'd you go?" he asks. "You were in here before"

Hyozo
2009-02-14, 01:04 PM
((let's try this again without a forum failure this time))

"Thanks, my name's Crodelus." he says as he walks inside. "Like I was saying, all I know about this threat to existence is that people are worried about it. I assumed that this organization was involved in the efforts to prevent it, and I came here because I wanted to help."

Chas the mage
2009-02-14, 01:06 PM
I get around... through various manners... like clones. None of em' are in here right now though.

happyturtle
2009-02-14, 01:24 PM
"I can try and answer your questions," Turtle says as she walks in. "There's a lich who wants to destroy the universe. We want to send one team after his phylactery, and another one after him, and try to destroy both at the same time."

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 01:30 PM
Deren, incorporeal, floats up out of the floor. He just loves doing that, doesn't he?

I can help with either, if it is needed.

Hyozo
2009-02-14, 02:06 PM
the words "Lich" and "phylactery" mean nothing to Crodelus, but he understands that one probably means something like "the person who wants to annihilate everything" and the other probably means "the thing we need to break to save the world".

"I'd gladly help with either as well." he agrees

happyturtle
2009-02-14, 02:06 PM
"One of our members, Vorka, thinks he can locate the phylactery," Turtle says. "I hope he escapes the deadtime ooze soon."

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 02:09 PM
"One of our members, Vorka, thinks he can locate the phylactery," Turtle says. "I hope he escapes the deadtime ooze soon."

With a sickening squelch, Vorka's ejected from aforementioned ooze. Should I cast the spell now? The handsome knight carries a box fulls of candles, incense, matches, and sacred stones. His tome is tucked under one arm.

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 02:15 PM
Deren merely waits.

happyturtle
2009-02-14, 02:23 PM
"Yes, please," Turtle says. "Do you need any help with preparations?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-14, 02:28 PM
In the middle of a hallway, perhaps empty, there appeared a great white wooden door. It had no walls to connect it, and looked, for all the world, like a normal door standing in the middle of the hallway.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 02:28 PM
No. I'm.. I did most of them earlier. Vorka says. He places, quietly, a number of artifacts on the floor - three concentric circles of burning candles, which sibillantly release faint black smoke, scented, into the normally-pure air, surround a much smaller ring of sacred stones, which glow faintly blue in the smoke about them, and (after giving a slightly nervous look to Happy) the paladin steps inside this smaller ring, book outstretched in his arms before him. Closing his eyes for a few seconds, preparing himself, Vorka starts to mumble a few words, before opening his eyes to more carefully read out the script written ever so flowingly across the dark vellum pages before him. Although much of what he's reciting seems to be written in some long-forgotten, dark tongue, a few words, most notably the name of the lich himself, appear familiar in his words.
About a minute in, Vorka pauses. And coughs, faintly, pathetically, before struggling to carry on, his veins slightly prounounced on his tanned, handsome face. Another pause falls, and he coughs again, almost retching, now.
I can do this. He mutters to himself, almost breaking the spell, before remembering himself, quickly, well aware of the dangers of ceasing a spell too early. Then, with a burst of pain, he finishes, climaxes, the spell. Perhaps, actually, too early.
The knight falls, like a lemming to the sea, straight onto the floor, smashing into the candles, perhaps setting himself and some other things on fire, his book snapping shut as it falls to safety. Worryingly.
And, yet, even if there were mishaps, the spell works. All that needs to be seen is how well it works.
And if Vorka will survive, veins creeping across his face, unnaturally.

Chas the mage
2009-02-14, 02:29 PM
Callixtus inspects said wooden door...

Reinholdt
2009-02-14, 02:39 PM
Above Vorka an image begins to blur into existence. Impossible to discern at first. Long and rectangular. But slowly the image sharpens.

A tower appears. Oddly it seems to be floating upside down in a field of lights. It also appears to be heavily scorched, though undamaged. It seems Calublufiok warded it extremely well against explosions, that being the very first thing he thought of to protect against.

Co-ordinates appear below the image that will direct those with interdimensional travel capabilities on how to get here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100839). The same co-ordinates Comet has.

happyturtle
2009-02-14, 02:40 PM
Turtle :smalleek:'s, and kneels at Vorka's side, batting out any flames before they can spread enough to set off the sprinklers, and sending psychic healing energy into him.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-02-14, 02:40 PM
The door will slam open unexpectedly, a late-teenaged girl with short, choppy red-brown hair jumping out, giggling as she attempted to throw her arms around Callixtus and plant a kiss on his nose.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 02:41 PM
Turtle :smalleek:'s, and kneels at Vorka's side, batting out any flames before they can spread enough to set off the sprinklers, and sending psychic healing energy into him.

Vorka is safely saved from flames, though the healing seems to do remarkably little, as he splutters on the floor, his pupils much bigger than they should be, his veins prominent. Did I..

Fredthefighter
2009-02-14, 02:57 PM
Johnny walks in through the main door, with a rather joyous yet confused look on his face.
He sits down in a nearby chair and scratches his head.
What happened? he says to himself.
Then he sees Vorka and rushes over.
What the hell happened?

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 02:59 PM
Deren just keeps watching, knowing there's nothing he can do.

Reinholdt
2009-02-14, 02:59 PM
Johnny should see a tower floating there with numbers and letters he has no idea what they mean.

Granted it's just an image, but it should give some indication of what happened.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-14, 03:01 PM
Johnny, having never seen such a place before, is still quite confused. Then the realisation hits him.
He tried to find the lich didn't he.

Fan
2009-02-14, 03:25 PM
Fanboy undadtimes, and attempts to find out why something smells like smoke in the building.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 03:26 PM
Fanboy undadtimes, and attempts to find out why something smells like smoke in the building.

He'll see Vorka on the floor in the great room. Johnny's next to him. An image of the Inverted Tower, with coordinates, floats above Vorka. Candles are spilled about the floor, Happy's gathering 'em up.

Morty
2009-02-14, 03:27 PM
Wenomir goes to the great room to see what was the ruckuss all about. He sees the same thing as everyone and stands there, not sure what to do.

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 03:40 PM
Deren leaves as I am in no state to go to the Tower again.

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 03:56 PM
Greg looks at the image, long and hard. ((because his player was deadtimed))
"can someone take me there?" he says without moving his eyes off of the picture. "I'm going with whoever else is going." said Greg firmly.

Mee
2009-02-14, 03:58 PM
Zoe, now that her player has some more free time, un-dedtimes, and starts to wander about.
Sniffing at various things.
Plants, table legs, deadtimed PCs, un-deadtimed PCs, drones, and so on.

Reinholdt
2009-02-14, 04:00 PM
I recommend all who want to go read the thread so that Happy doesn't have to explain IC why actually going there with a lot of people may be an incredibly bad idea.

The image starts to fade, the spell having been completed and the information delivered.

Mee
2009-02-14, 04:06 PM
I recommend all who want to go read the thread so that Happy doesn't have to explain IC why actually going there with a lot of people may be an incredibly bad idea.

The image starts to fade, the spell having been completed and the information delivered.

I seriously hate to ask, but . . . which thread? This one? A different one?

Either way, I must deadtime. So I guess it doesn't matter.

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 04:06 PM
((I did, when you posted the link. It sure looked like it was already destroyed at the end there))
As soon as the image starts to fade, Greg grabs a notepad and pen, and writes down the coordinates.

happyturtle
2009-02-14, 04:08 PM
"I can set up a portal to take you there," Turtle says. She'll go to the portal room and do so. "But it's one way. I can't get you back. Last time we went, there was a gate we used to escape, but it may not be there any more."

Any player who wants to enter the plot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100839) can go.

Warning: This is a very dangerous plot. Characters might get killed. Don't enter if you aren't willing to accept that.

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 04:16 PM
"do it then, I'm going to go." says Greg. ((I don't want Greg to die, but I'm fine if he does.))
"any information you may be able to provide about it will be helpful." said Greg. He pulls out a couple of throwing knives, and generally gets ready to go.

Fredthefighter
2009-02-14, 04:19 PM
Johnny shakes his head and then gets eaten by a deadtime ooze.

happyturtle
2009-02-14, 04:25 PM
Happy tells Greg, and anyone else who wants to know, about what to expect in the Inverted Tower.

For the abbreviated version, read here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5704460#post5704460)

For the long version, read the entire thread here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100839)

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 04:42 PM
Greg listens patiently.
"So Calbuifiok may well turn up to turn me into an avatar of destruction, so I should stop him from doing that. The coordinates that Vorka got may well lead us inside of a cage, or outside the tower. where there are lights waiting to electrocute us, assuming someone comes with me. I have to destroy the tower itself then somehow get back to this dimension, before the aforementioned lights kill me. I'll need some way to get back if no one else will come." he finishes. "Have I missed anything?"

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 04:43 PM
Vorka, coughing, tries to get up.
And falls back down again. :smallmad:

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 04:48 PM
Greg leans down and attempts to help her up.
"Take it easy, you've just performed a high energy spell and then were set on fire."

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 04:50 PM
Vorka's a dude. But, hey, he's all veiny and long-haired, and wearing physique hiding robes over his armour. A fair mistake.
Fine. The spell worked, though, yes? I can rightfully cast my parents' magicks?

happyturtle
2009-02-14, 04:52 PM
"Yes, Vorka. You did great," Turtle says. "But what did it do to you?"

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 04:53 PM
(sorry:smallredface:)
"The spell worked, but you don't look so great after casting it." said Greg, concern showing in his voice.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 05:01 PM
Nothing the spell did, I think. Vorka says, not sure if he's lying or not. I think.. I may have cast it wrong. I spoke, see, during it, disrupted it. That may be why I felt so bad. Also, as said, 'twas high-energy powers I was channeling.
But this is a success. I feel better than I did a few minutes ago, and I can use such puissant spells, now - we know.

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 05:06 PM
Greg doesn't like the idea of Vorka messing up such a powerful spell, but says nothing on the matter. Instead, he said:
"Let me take a look at your mind, see if there's anything wrong. I'm much better at telepathy than telekinesis."

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 05:07 PM
.. How'll this work? Vorka asks. A fair question. No offence intended, sir, but I do not know you...

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 05:09 PM
"I look around in your mind to make sure that the connections are all functioning properly. I won't look at any memories, I promise" he concluded, hoping he'd allow him to check, not wanting any serious aftereffects from the spell.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 05:11 PM
... All right, sir. Please keep to your word. Vorka says, his need to be a good member overriding any misgivings. The knight shuts his eyes.

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 05:16 PM
((do you want any serious damage or not?))
Greg extended his mind to Vorka, and entered. He fired a few jolts down the major connections, seeing if they responded properly or not. It was tempting to look in Vorka's memories, but he kept to his word.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 05:18 PM
Vorka's well. Fine. OK. The spell hasn't damaged him, merely drained him of energy. His memories loom, so easily looked at...
.. and damage will occur if Greg's player thinks there's likely to be damage.

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 05:21 PM
Greg retreats from Vorka's mind.
"well, you might be a bit slow with reflexes and stuff for the next few days, but aside from that you just need some rest." Greg tells Vorka.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 05:25 PM
Thank you. Vorka says, rubbing his forehead, as, still on the ground, he pulls off his robes, revealing shining armour beneath.

billtodamax
2009-02-14, 05:28 PM
"It was a pleasure" said Greg. He turned to Happy.
"If no one's coming with me then I'll need something to get back. Any thing like that around here?" he said

Kaelaroth
2009-02-14, 05:30 PM
Vorka, slowly, painfully, crawls to his bedroom, grabbing his tome, possessively, along the way, not caring about the massive embarrassment factor.
((deadtime))

Hyozo
2009-02-14, 06:19 PM
Crodelus pulls the deadtime ooze off of himself and says "I'll go with you, but I don't have any way of getting there or back either."