PDA

View Full Version : What is going on on V's face

guguma
2009-02-12, 05:38 PM
It has been a while since we have seen changes on V's face. I do not remember the exact nature of it.

Is it because V is pushing him\herself too hard, V is tired, power overwhelming?

RMS Oceanic
2009-02-12, 05:50 PM
Lack of sleep with an abundance of guilt, self-imposed pressure and stress pretty much explains it.

Heads_or_Tails
2009-02-12, 05:51 PM
I think it's the months and months without trancing. Or maybe... V has hit the next age category for elves, and like everything else in the comic it pops into effect! V is OLD!

Yeah, probably the first one (or that's what Rich WANTS you to think...)

SnowballMan
2009-02-12, 05:52 PM
Is it because V is pushing him\herself too hard, V is tired, power overwhelming?

Didn't you know? V's facial features are tied directly to the discussions on the forum. Male or female traits will emerge based solely on the dominating theory of V's gender. By now, though, the constant struggle has taken it's toll and V's face is literally cracking from the strain.

Nimrod's Son
2009-02-12, 11:47 PM
Didn't you know? V's facial features are tied directly to the discussions on the forum. Male or female traits will emerge based solely on the dominating theory of V's gender. By now, though, the constant struggle has taken it's toll and V's face is literally cracking from the strain.
As far as nonsense theories go, this one is by some distance the best I've read.

Wraithfighter
2009-02-12, 11:55 PM

lol

It's much more likely to be the whole Dire-Half-Dragon version of Sleep Deprivation he's got going on. :)

Optimystik
2009-02-13, 12:28 AM
lol

It's much more likely to be the whole Dire-Half-Dragon version of Sleep Deprivation he's got going on. :)

Trance deprivation.

[/nitpick]

magic9mushroom
2009-02-13, 11:55 PM
Remember also that not only had V not tranced for 6 months, V hadn't rested either for that long. Otherwise she wouldn't have just figured it out in 623.

Mando Knight
2009-02-14, 12:08 AM
Male or female traits will emerge based solely on the dominating theory of V's gender. By now, though, the constant struggle has taken it's toll and V's face is literally cracking from the strain.

And then, shortly after making the deal with Qarr's superiors, V's face shatters... and V becomes a Lich, lacking any physical sex... thus ending the debate.

Scarik
2009-02-14, 02:50 AM
I thought it was from him becoming a Sith Lord.

Number 6
2009-02-14, 04:48 PM
It seems probable to me that V is deliberately avoiding trancing because, every time she does, she had dreams of the paladins who died while she stood by unable to help because she was out of spells. She said as much when she woke up from her dream on the island.

Amon Star
2009-02-17, 08:39 AM
Remember also that not only had V not tranced for 6 months, V hadn't rested either for that long. Otherwise she wouldn't have just figured it out in 623.

I doubt that was :vaarsuvius: just figuring it out. Merely him thinking it out load. And conveniently ending a debate on there here Forums.
It seems probable to me that V is deliberately avoiding trancing because, every time she does, she had dreams of the paladins who died while she stood by unable to help because she was out of spells. She said as much when she woke up from her dream on the island.

Sorry to nitpick, but thet weren't Paladins. They were ordinary soldiers fleeing from the breach in the wall.

Silverraptor
2009-02-17, 12:29 PM
You know, I had a dream the other day that V was back to his usual face before his trance depraved state. I'll say it was reassuring to see V back with it then the scary elf we got now.

But I agree with what's been said. V is guilty for running out of spells and doesn't want to dwell on his failure. After all, trancing is recalling a memory to learn from it. Although, I don't know why he just doesn't recall a different memory.

Also, V proves once again that INT and WIS are completly seprate stats. He could have told the soldiers to keep running and that he/she was out of spells instead of staying quiet and breathing. As I recall, talking doesn't end the spell.

GSFB
2009-02-18, 11:04 PM
What you see is not V. What you see is merely the Picture of Dorian V.

...not to mention that V's face is also now bloodied and dirtied from being pounded on by a dragon...

NerfTW
2009-02-20, 10:46 AM

Those weren't Paladins. Those were soldiers. All Paladins were in the throne room, except for Hinjo and Lien.

Dixieboy
2009-02-20, 12:37 PM
And then, shortly after making the deal with Qarr's superiors, V's face shatters... and V becomes a Lich, lacking any physical sex... thus ending the debate.

There's quite a few differences between a male and a female skeleton, just to let you know :smallredface:

Also, Xykon is definitely male, and he's a lich

Janmorel
2009-02-20, 11:26 PM
I thought it was from him becoming a Sith Lord.

I think it means that it's time for someone to give V the "yellow crayon" speech.

Amon Star
2009-02-21, 06:11 AM
There's quite a few differences between a male and a female skeleton, just to let you know :smallredface:

Though not many that can easily be recognized in a stick figure comic.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-21, 07:47 AM
Some Paladins were elsewhere (Tharn was in Nowhere, for instance). That is a good point about when Xykon became a Lich (his face was cracked for different reasons, though).

faith
2009-02-21, 03:01 PM
Anyone else thinking evil willow (season six buffy?)

Xerrik
2009-02-21, 03:29 PM
I say it's a mix of trance deprivation, having its skull pounded in by a dragon, guilt, lack of cosmetics, a little girl drawing on its face, and a trip to the glue factory... and he didn't get to come!