PDA

View Full Version : Into the Void

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-12, 05:58 PM
Carker Manor, New Berlin, Planet Freya
The three of you stand in front of of the tall iron gates in front of the Carker Manor courtyard. You do not know why you are here. The messengers delivered no information other than instructions on when to arrive here. You each have an authorization card to get into the building, and the man at the guard post looks impatient.

dresdor
2009-02-12, 08:43 PM
Brad feels the reassuring weight of his heavy blaster in his pack, as well as the grenades on his belt. He was ready for anything. He shows his card to the guard, and will swipe it if asked to. He says nothing.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-13, 09:43 AM
The guard nonchalantly waves you in, looking bored.

ufo
2009-02-13, 03:42 PM
Patrick briefly flashes the card to the guard. He gives the man a suspicious glance. While he could hardly brag of being a self-disciplinary man himself, he finds it utterly unacceptable for this man to not be more enthusiastic about his duties. He gives the man a hard stare and drops the thought.

He slowly jogs through the gate.

Jayngfet
2009-02-13, 05:11 PM
I take one last look at my vehicle and Judge how many obstacles there are between it and the gate before walking to the gate, what do I see?

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-13, 05:44 PM
The vehicle is parked out in the streetIn between it and the gate is an automated newspaper stand.
(Could you please talk in 3rd person? It makes it much easier to remember your name.)
As you walk to the ornate doors beyond the courtyard, they open. A middle aged man with a slight limp motions you inside.
(In Confederate society, it is considered demeaning to talk to slaves. Just so you know.)
Mr. Carker must be rich indeed. The butler leads youy down a tall hallway with a bright silver ceiling and wide pillars made of pure sapphire. At the end is a golden door that the butler opens. Inside is a man sitting behind an ebony desk. There is a large glass pillar with a spiral staircase going up into the next level of the house. Inside the pillar is a young woman in a white jumpsuit laying asleep on the floor.
"Ah, hello. Sit down, make yourself comfortable. I am Timothy Carker, at your service." the man behind the desk says.

dresdor
2009-02-13, 06:36 PM
Brad nods. "I'm Brad Surewood. Why have you called me here?"

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-13, 06:58 PM
"My my. You are very straightforward. Aren't you even curious about me? The Carkers after all, are not known for letting in visitors. Would you like some drinks?" He pick up a paperweight and throws it at the pillar of glass, causing the woman inside of it to cover her ears and writhe on the floor. You can't hear her, but she looks like she is screaming. Carker laughs. "Whoever invented these pillars was a genius. They are completely sound proof. But any hard contact against them increases the noise level inside a hundredfold! Me and Lily here have such fun." The butler comes in, carrying glasses and two bottles of fine vintage wine. Carker pours a glass for himself and the three of you. "2381. A fine year for wine. You would not believe how hard it was to get my hands on this." He takes a sip and sighes contentedly. "Before we mopve on to the subject of who I am. I would like to know a bit about you. Tell me alittle about yourselves."

Jayngfet
2009-02-13, 09:45 PM
Vincent briefly nods to the guard and the slave on the way in.

"Vincent Fletcher, two questions: Who the are you and what the hell is that?" He says, pointing to the figure in the pillar. Before taking up the wine and sipping slowly.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-13, 09:59 PM
"A just query. As you already know, my name is Timothy Carker. I am the latest in a long line of Carkers. We gained our fortune on trading just about anything you can think of. Lily over there is not a trader. She is a delightful decoration that I aquired a few months ago. These pillars are quite the style in the inner colonies I am told. If you would like of your own, I can give you a number."

Jayngfet
2009-02-13, 11:22 PM
Vincent Grins for a moment "I'll take that number. Now then, just what was it you wanted that was worth me waking up before dusk for once?"

dresdor
2009-02-14, 12:19 AM
"I'm a mercenary, I specialize in blowing things up and eliminating enemy targets. If you've contacted me, you already know that." Brad says nothing else, and his face is a frozen mask. He doesn't even glance at the trapped woman.

Jayngfet
2009-02-14, 12:48 AM
Eying the merchant sharply Vincent lets out a small grin "Speaking of boom for bucks, there wouldn't happen to be a moderately large pay here would there? Preferably for something involving a substantial amount of explosions.

ufo
2009-02-14, 05:18 AM
Patrick stands back, running his eyes passively between the woman in the pillar and Timothy Carker.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-14, 09:14 AM
"Ah, and now we come to the true reason you are here. Did you know that my father was a friend of the great pirate Finlay? Unfortunately they are both dead. But luckily, they both had successors, just as their predesessors did. I am one of them. The other is parked around the fourth planet of this system, awaiting a ship ment from me. Or should I say you?"

Jayngfet
2009-02-14, 12:30 PM
Vincent eyes him suspiciously "Let me guess, he doesn't particularly like you? Or has something on his person you want?

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-14, 01:49 PM
Carker laughs. "I have never met her. But as an important entrepenuer, I have learned that it is not a good idea to deal with pirates in person." He writes down two numbers on a paper and slides it to Vincent.

ufo
2009-02-14, 03:16 PM
Patrick walks up behind Vincent and tries to take a peak on the note (assuming that Vincent accepts it).

dresdor
2009-02-14, 03:38 PM
"I don't care about background info, what do you need us to do and what are you offering." Brad's face is again, a passive mask.

Jayngfet
2009-02-14, 04:55 PM
Vincent takes the note and reads it aloud.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-14, 05:57 PM
On the note are two numbers. Above one it says, "For the pillar". above the other is written, "For the girl". "You asked for the numbers didn't you? What I have to show you is not on a piece of paper." He gets up and says, "Follow me." He leaves the room, pausing to rap several times on Lily's pillar, causing her to fall over screaming. A trickle of blood comes out her ears. "Might have to call a doctor when I get back. Oh well. Come along." He walks out the door.

ufo
2009-02-14, 06:06 PM
Patrick follows Timothy obediently. On the way he smiles at Lily. It is hard to detemine whether it is a malicious or sympathic smile.

dresdor
2009-02-14, 09:56 PM
Brad follows, a sense of ill ease growing in his gut. He felt reassured by the weight of his blaster in his pack, but he doubted he would be able to get it out in time to make a difference should this contact prove to be out to get him. His grenades, on the other hand...

Jayngfet
2009-02-14, 11:48 PM
Vincent follows "Lead on" His face stationary, he eyes the exit for a moment and looks for distractions nad blockings in case of an emergency.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-15, 02:27 AM
OOC: I'm gonna be in mexico for a weel.

Jayngfet
2009-02-15, 04:43 AM
OOC: Cool, PM us when you want to get back.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-22, 03:20 PM
Lily looks at Patrick pleadingly as he walks by, tears streaming down her beautiful face. She pounds pathetically on the glass as you walk out the door. Carker leads you down a corridor, lined with paintings of historical battles, such as Thermopolye, The storming of Normandy, The siege of Beijing, Colonel Polaski's last stand on the moon of Odin, and many others. Each one has the faces of all all the men in it expertly changed to Carker's. The real Carker talks on end about boring stories of past trades and adventures he has had, occasionally assuring you that there is only a little bit farther to go. Finally you reach an outdoor cortyard where a small frieghter sits. "Ah, the Icarus," Carker says reverently. "This ship has saved my empire more times than I can count." Without warning, sirens suddenly sound off all over the city. For the first time, Carker looks shaken. "Impossible! They weren't supposed to be here for another week!" He turns to you. "Get aboard now. The rest of the crew is waiting for you." He spins on his heel and runs back into the house.

ufo
2009-02-23, 04:15 PM
Patrick looks at the others panically and barely fights an urge to reach for his handgun. 'Well ****!' he exclaims shortly before sprinting into the ship.

Jayngfet
2009-02-23, 11:04 PM
Vincent sighs and runs to the ship.

"Why can I never take a job where I don't need to worry about someone shooting at me?"

He looks around before boarding.

dresdor
2009-02-24, 12:48 AM
Brad walks casually onto the freighter and prepares himself for the inevitable bumpy launch. It could very well be a trap, but if it was, he had enough explosives to ensure it was a very costly trap.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-24, 09:33 AM
Around the ship are locked crates, docking equipment and other useless stuff like that.
On board you are met by a short red haired woman with a nasty scar on her neck. "You the new guys?" she says with obvious distaste. "Excuse me if I don't make a formal introduction, but we have to get this rustbucket into space, pronto." She leads you down a short hallway to the small bridge of the ship. At the pilot's control seat is a thin hispanic guy. "Holly, who are these guys?"
"The hired muscle. Don't waste your breath talikng to them. Their brains probably can't process language anyway."

Jayngfet
2009-02-24, 12:00 PM
Vincent sighs "Such a polite group we're associating with here, now I no longer need to pay the television companies for my daily diet of questionably legal groups in a beat up old ship. Thank you for the warm welcome" he says.

dresdor
2009-02-24, 01:42 PM
Brad says nothing. He secures his pack and braces himself for a rough launch.

ufo
2009-02-24, 05:25 PM
Slowly assuring himself that there is no more direct danger, Patrick starts:
'Quit your bickering, it's hardly worth our time,' he says and gives the girl a hard stare. 'Tell me, who the **** is bombing the place?'

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-24, 05:38 PM
Holly straps herself into the seat. "Who do think? The Republic attacks this planet all the time. And don't say **** on this ship. The last thing I need are ****heads like you thinking they're all tough, talking like that to me. Now strap yourselves in. Ricky here isn't a fan of slow takeoffs."

dresdor
2009-02-24, 05:58 PM
"Do you have any turrets or other ship weapons? I've been trained in the operation of most kinds." Brad looked around. "Any other freighter I wouldn't bother asking, but Carker seems like the kind of person to outfit his ships with non-standard equipment."

A Republic attack was a bad thing. Having survived bombardments, by luck and some small measure of skill, Brad wasn't looking forward to going through another one.

Jayngfet
2009-02-24, 06:44 PM
"Yes, I don't think we'll be able to continue conversation if we're blown out of the sky a mile high" He says, strapping himself in "And if I see so much as a scratch that couldn't have come from above on my ride Carker's going to pay for it".

He thinks for a moment

"Speaking of which I don't think we ever formally discussed anything monetary."

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-24, 06:49 PM
"There is a turret at the back of the ship. But you had better pray to God that we don't need it. I doubt that we will be attacked. And don't come to me about money. That's Carker's problem."
Ricky begins to take off, knocking you off balance. "Hang on to something!" The Icarus rises out of the courtyard and rockets upward into the sky. The clouds are soon behind you and the color of the sky gets progressively darker and finally black as you zoom into space. The anti grav turns on and you all pitch foward onto the floor from where you had been pinned to the wall. Holly laughs. "Told you to strap in." Through the window in front of you, you can see a massive space battle. The Republic has sent 6 battlecruisers, similar in appearance to the zeppelins you were shown pictures of in your history classes in high school. Countless smaller ships surround them, fighting the outnumbered Confederate fleet. Explosions blossom all over the place, as vessels dissapear into giant balls of flame. Hundreds of fighters dart around, softening up larger ship's shields with missiles and lasers while the capitol ships finish them off. The battle takes place in an eerie silence because of the vaccum. Holly sits back in her chair and sighs contededly. "Who would of thought that war would be so soothing? Don't fire at anyone." she adds.

dresdor
2009-02-24, 08:05 PM
"Just in case we are noticed..." Brad says, and heads for the turret. He straps himself in and lights up the controls, watching for any enemy fighters that take a sudden interest in the fleeing freighter.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-24, 08:19 PM
None of the cresent shaped Republic fighters assault you, and the Confederate ones are too worried about the enemy to waste time on a freighter. In fact, it seems as if the invaders are deliberately ignoring your ship. Finally, you are clear of the fight. Holly unstraps herself. "See, I told you we wouldn't be attacked."

dresdor
2009-02-24, 08:55 PM
"Indeed" Brad says passively. He didn't trust that the Republic ships would let anyone off the planet while they were invading. It wasn't good military tactics to do so. He had seen in battle that most Republic commanders weren't that stupid.

"Since he didn't exactly have a chance to tell us before we left, what exactly is our mission?"

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-24, 10:04 PM
"We're trading with pirates. He seriously didn't tell you?"

Jayngfet
2009-02-25, 02:15 AM
"Yes yes, outlaw hieress, potential gunfire"Vincent says quickly"seemed scared for a veteran of so many battles. Sarcasam and space battles aside, you know how many pirates there will be? Or perhaps a few higher ups?"

"Also" he says after a moment "remind me to ask him how much it took to bribe them,avoidence would make our lives that much simpler".

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-27, 08:12 PM
"This is a trade mission, not an assault. But don't worry. If the pirates try anything, I have enough explosives to blow us all to hell." She pauses. "What's that?" She says, pointing at the paper with the phone numbers that is now sticking out of Vincent's pocket.

Jayngfet
2009-02-28, 01:57 AM
"Little something extra curricular Carker gave me. Extra-curriculars, tips on interior design." Vincent says nonchalantly "About his little sound pillar, I figure if I take the pillars material and apply it properly I can do all kinds of crazy things".

ufo
2009-02-28, 06:23 AM
"Would you mind telling us what kind of goods we are trading?" Patrick asks, failing to hide his distrust for Holly

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-28, 11:40 AM
She waves Patrick off. "Classified. Not even I know." She turns back to Vincent. "What sort of uses? Anything along the lines of kidnapping innocent girls from their homes, forcing them to live inside a glass torture tube for the rest of their lives and pumping them full of of drugs to keep them looking young and pretty? I suppose that you'll feel like you're a part of high society, won't you? After all, tube girls are all rage right now. Is that what you were planning on using it for?"

Jayngfet
2009-02-28, 01:05 PM
"Of course not, Even if I did use slaves it wouldn't be worth it. What I'm interested in the pillar, that kind of sound amplification could be very effective in lots of places." Vincent replies "And I never would have pegged you as a humanitarian."

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-28, 01:52 PM
"I don't care what you want to use it for. Those pillars are designed for people, and every time someone buys one of them, the bastards behind it all get richer and can make more of them. More young women have their lives taken away from them, and more aristocrats have something to show off to their friends, who in turn, get there own pillars with girls inside of them. Then they start buying more, just to show off their wealth. If you want to amplify sound scientific reasons, which I doubt, go to a lab."She grabs the paper from Vincent and storms out of the room.
"Just so you know," Ricky says. "Those pillars a very sensitive subject for her."

Jayngfet
2009-02-28, 02:56 PM
"Never would have guessed from the yelling and grabbing"Vincent says as he follows her out of the room "Wait, I want to talk to you!"

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-28, 04:33 PM
Holly turns around and crosses her arms. "You wanna talk? Fine, talk. But don't waste my time."

Jayngfet
2009-02-28, 05:29 PM
"Look, I don't like this any more than you do. Trust me." Vincent starts "But we just can't ignore this."

He takes a deep breath.

"Look, let me share something with you. I was going to to take this material, make a weapon out of it. I don't like this at all but there are opportunities here. Of the pillar factory smashing variety if it helps"

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-28, 06:03 PM
"A weapon. You want to turn a glass tube that amplifies sound into a weapon? What do you have in mind, a fishbowl that you stick over someone's head and pound on? No. I have a much better idea about what to do with these numbers."
Back on the bridge, Ricky checks some instruments. "We should be reaching our clients in about ten minutes. Get ready.

Jayngfet
2009-02-28, 06:21 PM
"Not exactly a fishbowl or strictly a weapon, but tell me, what did you want to do" Vincent says, returning to his seat, his eyes never breaking contact?

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-28, 07:03 PM
"I'll tell you later when I have time. Right now we have to get ready for our meeting with the pirates." She turns around and goes into her room. The door locks.

Jayngfet
2009-02-28, 07:23 PM
I check my gun to see how many bullets are left and if the grappeling hook is working. Then I check how much more ammo I have on my person.

An Enemy Spy
2009-02-28, 11:03 PM
Vincent discovers to his horror that his gun does not have even a single bullet in it. A cold wave of fear washes over him. But then he rememmbers that in the future, people use energy weapons, so he calms down. His grappling hook is working fine.

Jayngfet
2009-02-28, 11:10 PM
Well then I check the batteries, and any other batteries I have on me and brace for the rough landing.

dresdor
2009-03-01, 02:21 AM
Brad checks his gear, making sure his grenades are in quick reach and stretching his legs. If anything unfortunate were to happen, he wants to be ready.

ufo
2009-03-01, 04:55 AM
Likewise, Patrick makes sure that his weapon is in complete working order and that the power source is fully charged.

((OOC: He also discovers that he is a completely different timezone from everyone else :smallsigh:))

Jayngfet
2009-03-01, 01:36 PM
Vincent also checks the condition of his sword.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-02, 12:27 AM
All your equipment is perfectly fine. Several minutes go by. Finally, Holly comes back into the cockpit looking no different except for two pistols, strapped to her hips. "Sorry I took so long. Had to find and put on all my gear."

Jayngfet
2009-03-02, 07:45 PM
"And I must say you look smashing in it" Vincent turns to Ricky "How much fuel do we have left?"

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-02, 08:06 PM
"We're floating through space, buddy. I turned the engine off as soon as this bucket was on the proper course. Which will get us to our destination in 5...4...3...2...now."
From around an asteroid that you were floating towards comes an old Curtana (btw, this is the name of a legendary geatish sword, not a Halo ripoff.) class frigate. Written on the side in blood red letters is the name, Lucky Punch. Out of the blue, Holly says.
"Oh, I almost forgot. One of you guys is going to have to impersonate Carker. He's technically on this ship."

Jayngfet
2009-03-02, 08:43 PM
"NOT IT" Vincent says.

dresdor
2009-03-03, 12:04 AM
OOC: you stole my line.

BIC: "I doubt I am suited to doing it. I wouldn't even think about sending someone else to do my dirty work." Brad ***** his blaster rifle. "I do it myself."

ufo
2009-03-03, 03:33 PM
"Ah, so is it up to me to be Carker?" Patrick says disapprovingly. He quickly swings around on his heel and stares Holly in the eyes. "Jolly good work, giving us such a fast notice. I assume there aren't anymore important details there might be of interest?"

Jayngfet
2009-03-04, 08:44 PM
"Yeah, regular news terminal we got here" Says Vincent "And is there anything more important we need to know? Like any space whales migrating through the area to watch out for? A secretly implanted microchip controlling our thoughts? Is there some sort of being from outside the universe secretly controlling my every thought and action for entertainment? It's the whales isn't it"?

OOC: What's the technology level of the setting? Since we have them now I bet there are perfectly functional artifical limbs. What about cameras, how big are they? Are there jet boots? Some sort of mecha?

Jayngfet
2009-03-05, 06:18 PM
"Seriously though, if there's something else we need to know tell us now. I don't want my throat cut because we didn't bring some item"

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-06, 06:52 PM
OOC: Sorry for the delay. My internet was out and I've got the flu.
Holly stares at Vincent. "Space whales? Are you on opium or something? We've got everything we need, although we may be a week early because of that perfectly timed invasion." The intercom turns on and a deep male voice fills the room. Thius is Captain Marcus Seras. State your name and business or prepare to be boarded." Ricky motions at Patrick to start talking.
OOC: Camera's can be very small. (nanotechnology) But they can also be other sizes to make them more user friendly. Missiles are really tiny too, less than a foot long. There are technically mecha, but they are very small one man things with no kickass weapons and can't fly. Spacesuits have jets on them. And no, there are no space whales. That would be silly.

Jayngfet
2009-03-07, 11:20 PM
OOC: The space whales were a joke. So why not stick a powered armor jet or two on a mecha?

Vincent Nudges patric.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-08, 01:19 AM
OOC: The space whales were a joke. So why not stick a powered armor jet or two on a mecha?

Vincent Nudges patric.

Because the mecha is very uncoordinated and would be impossible to pilot without crashing. I know the whales were a joke, but Holly doesn't.:smallwink:

Jayngfet
2009-03-08, 01:25 AM
OOC: Can you post anything more in depth on mecha? And speakers and things like exotic materials(lighter or stronger metals).

ufo
2009-03-09, 05:16 PM
Patrick striaghtens his back and puts on a cheery - albeit devious - grin, as if to get in character.

"Ah, goodday to you Captain Seras. This is Timothy Carker, at your disposal. Timothy Carker and a meagre crew, to be precise," he says and chuckles. It wasn't exactly a heartfelt chuckle, but he felt it did the trick.
"After all, piloting this ship all by myself could prove complicative. What say you, captain?"

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-11, 04:32 PM
"I would like to know why a massive Republic battle fleet is in this system. You told me they wouldn't be here for another week!" Seras roars.

ufo
2009-03-11, 05:53 PM
Patrick looks nervously at the others.

"Captain Seras, I assure you, had I known that they would be here so soon, you would have been informed priorly. It appears that there has been an 'error in translation', as they say. I am afraid this hurts us both equally."

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-11, 08:51 PM
"Stop lying. I already know you're not Timothy Carker.

Jayngfet
2009-03-11, 09:35 PM
Thinking quickly vincent fakes Carkers voice.

"Excuse my my dear girl, I didn't think you could be trusted."

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-11, 11:32 PM
A calm female voice comes over the comm. "Ah, so you're the real Carker. Marcus here said you didn't have the guts to show up."

Jayngfet
2009-03-12, 02:39 AM
"My my, that's very straightforward of you" Vincent says faking Carkers voice sentence for sentence "Before we move on to the subject of who I am. I would like to know a bit about you. Tell me alittle about yourselves."

Vincent Motions hastily and Jerkily for someone to take the turrent.

dresdor
2009-03-12, 01:02 PM
Brad doesn't have to be told twice, and straps himself into the turret. He powers it on and runs through a system checklist to make sure it's operational.

"Enough diplomacy already." He mutters and visually scans the other ship to spot any weaknesses and try to find the location of their tactical systems (shield generators, weapon systems, main power relays, etc)

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-12, 05:06 PM
"Why should I tell you about myself, you lily livered drunk? Let's just do our business and part ways. Being in the same system as a spineless son of a harlot like you makes me want to puke."
The Lucky Punch is a fairly simplisticly designed ship. (Did you used to play with those Lego throwbots? Because it looks alomost exactly like one of their arms. Yes, I base ship designs off lego pieces. Sue me.) The bridge is at the front and a small docking bay is in the belly. All important systems are internal.

dresdor
2009-03-12, 11:39 PM
Being a fairly direct sort of individual, Brad prepares to target the bridge should anything go south. He also looks for any weak spots in the structure at that point to maximize the effect of the turret's fire.

Jayngfet
2009-03-14, 10:20 AM
Vincent pauses for a moment and balls his hands into fists.

"Thats it, I'm ****ing done taking this crap . FIRE!"

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-14, 12:00 PM
(I'm going to assume that Brad follows that order. He seems ready for a fight.)
Energy bolts fire from the Icarus and impact on the pirate ship's shields. The unidentified woman's voice comes over the comm. "Ah, so the merchant wants to play war. And I suppose that little freighter is enough to defeat a Curtana. I'm terrified." The pirates return fire and your shield display rapidly drops to thirty percent. Holly looks angry enough to kill you. "Where did you get the idea that you could give the order to fire? This is my ship, not yours! She sprints over to Brad. "Stop firing! Your gonna get us killed."

Jayngfet
2009-03-14, 12:07 PM
"A bit late for that now" Vincent says energetically.

Vincent yells towards the cockpit

"Aim for their weapons! That way that can't fire at us!"

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-14, 01:16 PM
Holly unholsters one of her pistols and aims it at Vincent's head. "You are done talking." She yells at Brad. "If you want to live, stop shooting! Ricky, open up a new comm channel." When the intercom comes on, Holly says, "This is the real commander of this ship. Please stop firing and we can get back to business."
The other woman responds. "Carker isn't really on your ship, is he? He never would have started a fight."
"No," Holly sighs, "Just a trained monkey who thought he could take my job. Am I to understand that the trade is now off?"
"Do you still have the goods?"
"Yes. Do you have the money?"
"Of course. Although you will only be recieving half as much due to our little hiccup in diplomacy."
Holly glares at Vincent. "Of course. We'll just lower the monkey's pay cut."

Jayngfet
2009-03-14, 02:15 PM
OOC: I was sort of hoping for a fight after three months. Also, how does a ship caught off guard do that much when we get the jump on them?

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-14, 02:50 PM
OOC: I was sort of hoping for a fight after three months. Also, how does a ship caught off guard do that much when we get the jump on them?

I have no problem with fighting. And trust me, their will be fighting. It's just that a small freighter is no match for a military frigate, surprise or no. You'll get squished like a space bug and then the game will be over. Where's the fun in that? I'll take care to whip up a good battle shortly. A ground fight where you get to do more than just yell "fire!"

Jayngfet
2009-03-14, 02:55 PM
Sorry about that, it's just that we've been going on and on for months doing nothing but talking to NPC's in a way that has no repercussions whatsoever so far. Yelling FIRE was literally the most exciting thing for me so far. Doesn't help we passed a huge space battle and did nothing.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-14, 03:08 PM
Sorry about that, it's just that we've been going on and on for months doing nothing but talking to NPC's in a way that has no repercussions whatsoever so far. Yelling FIRE was literally the most exciting thing for me so far. Doesn't help we passed a huge space battle and did nothing.

Don't worry. I wouldn't have a massive space battle if you weren't going to be somehow involved. We are almost there.

dresdor
2009-03-14, 11:19 PM
Brad powered down the turret, grumbling. He had hoped the idiot had had more of a plan than just to fire blindly at a superior ship. His expectations had been greatly disappointed.

"Next time have something more tactically sound than threatening a warship and shaking the dust off it's hull."

Jayngfet
2009-03-15, 12:35 AM
OOC: Didn't I just say "fire at their weapons"? Don't act like I had no plan here.

Jayngfet
2009-03-15, 01:27 AM
You know what? It's been a month of checking in here every day and being bored. We've been doing nothing but being assigned orders with no wiggle room in the entire time. I expected some combat when you said to be gun wielding mercenaries. Or at least be given some choice in my actions. I may as not even be here for all I've done til now. I generally expected more than being talked down to by generic characters while plothooks and battles get waived in my face. I've got better things to do, goodbye.

ufo
2009-03-15, 11:31 AM
((OOC: Lolwut? This game hasn't been moving at an exceptionally fast pace, it's not like the game has progressed much further than the basic introductions. It'd be awkward for epic battles to take place so soon. Please don't leave. Hang around for a bit, I'm sure it won't be long before we'll get some action.))

Patrick silently dropped his head into his one hand and shook in a resigning way. He might have failed to impersonate Carker, but this wasn't exactly the best way to handle this. Having been trained in boarding ships himself, he couldn't see how this could ever have developed succesfully.

He pushed Holly away and spoke to the captain of the other ship.
"Let's get this transfer over with, no? How about we all go without weapons, to prevent any funny ideas? He said in a sharp and informal voice.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-15, 11:32 AM
Sigh. Are you other guys leaving too?
Anyway, back to the game. I guess Vincent is an NPC now.
"Funny ideas? Perish the thought. We'll be right over."
Out of the hangar bay in the belly of the pirate ship, a bright red recreation yacht appears. It drifts leisurely over to the Icarus.Ricky goes through a docking checklist and the ship's airlock opens, allowing the pirates inside. Holly says, "Keep your guns. I don't trust these pirates."
Holly and Ricky go into the cargo bay and bring out a large crate, grunting in exhertion as the carry it. They set it down in front of the airlock doors. Your vistors still have not come through them. Finally, the door opens a crack, and a small canister of gas rolls through it. It spews out an orange smoke that fills the room. Your vision blurs as you begin to lose conciousness (I have no idea how to spell that word).

You are standing alone on a beach. (by alone I mean that you are individually alone, not the two of you alone together.) The water is still like glass and the wind is not blowing. The sky is as red as blood. There is no sign of life around you, save for a few dead trees in the distance. Over the horizon, a piercing white light suddenly appears, blinding you, and the ground shakes, harder and harder, until it feels as if the entire world will be torn asunder. The light grows brighter and brighter, until all you can see is blinding white...

"Wake up!" Holly is kneeling over Patrick, shaking him. You appear to be in a cell of some sort. It clearly was not designed for 5 people and there isn't much elbow room. You have all been stripped naked. "Are you beginning to suspect that this is more than just a simple trade?" Ricky mutters.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-15, 01:11 PM
All this drama with Jayngfet reminded me that I had forgotten to make an OOC thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5889426#post5889426) silly me.

ufo
2009-03-15, 01:24 PM
((OOC: I'm not leaving.))

Patrick blinks a few times and looks straight ahead before recognizing the comfortable feeling of being conscious. He allows himself to take a quick glance at Holly before turning his head to Ricky.

"No, not at all," he says in a sarcastic tone. "You wouldn't happen to know where we are?"

He looks at Brad (and Vincent?) to see if he (they?) is (are?) awake.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-15, 01:30 PM
Brad and Vincent (who is sitting in the corner muttering angrily to himself) are here. "Extrapolating from recent events," Ricky says, "I would deduce that we are on the pirate ship."

dresdor
2009-03-15, 07:54 PM
"Wonderful mess you got us into, moron." Brad yells at Vincent. "Not even man enough to keep together, just a blithering idiot."

Brad paces back and forth looking for anything that could potentially be useful for escape or as a weapon. After that, he looks at their prison for weak spots, and racks his brain for a plan.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-16, 07:07 PM
Vincent mutters something under his breath about Brad's mother but doesn't say anything else. The cell is completely bare as Brad tries to pace without stepping on anyone's sensitive areas. There isn't even a cot. Outside, the door opens and two people enter the room. They are complete opposites of eachother. One is a large black man with bulging muscles and a thin beard. He is followed by a woman even shorter than Holly. Her skin is about as light as it can get without looking sickly and her blonde hair has two braids running along the sides that end in short pigtails in the back. Despite her size, she has an air of command about her. The man speaks, "The captain would like to know who ordered the attack on her ship." You recognize his voice as Marcus Seras.

dresdor
2009-03-17, 06:36 AM
"This moron." Brad said pointing to Vincent. "I was in the turret, and followed the orders, but only because I thought he had a better plan than being a moron and getting us captured. I recommend you kill him slowly." Brad says dryly.

ufo
2009-03-17, 07:35 AM
Patrick stays silent but nods agreeingly at Brad.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-17, 09:12 AM
The woman says, "Marcus, do you have a cigar?"
He smiles slightly and pulls one out of his pocket. She takes it out of his hand and lights it. She takes a long smoke from it, opens the cell door, and gets face to face with Vincent. She blows the smoke into his face. Then sh takes the lits cigar and sticks the burning end onto his neck. "Where the **** do you get off firing at my ship?!"
(Don't post. I don't have enough time to finish this part.)

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-22, 10:32 PM
The captain pulls a pistol out and shoots Vincent in the head. She turns to Holly.
"I take it you're in charge of this fine crew?"
"That's right." She looks at the naked corpse that used to be Vincent. "You're going to get that ****eater's body out of here right?"
"But of course. I wouldn't want to be stuck around him either." She turns to face Brad. "My my. You're one fine specimen aren't you? What's your name?"

dresdor
2009-03-25, 11:35 PM
"Brad." He says, saying nothing else. He stands confidently, but makes no sudden moves.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-26, 08:36 AM
"Well, Brad. This is your lucky day. Yopu get to decide your own destiny. You may either join my crew, or you can be flushed out the airlock. The chouce is your's."

dresdor
2009-03-27, 08:47 PM
"Dying a moronic death or getting the chance to kill people, like I've done all my life. That's real tough." Brad says sarcastically, the first bit of humor he's shown. "Anything in it for me besides living?"

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-27, 10:22 PM
"Of course. Do you have any idea how much piracy pays?" She tosses you all dark green jumpsuits that were outside the cell."All of you just signed aboard the Lucky Punch. Any questions?"

ufo
2009-03-29, 03:19 AM
"Yes," Patrick starts and begins to climb into the jumpsuit. "Where is our stuff, exactly? And where are we going?

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-30, 11:48 AM
"Your things are in the crew quarters." Says Seras.
"As for where we're going, to the battle of course. Just think of all the loot and prisoners we can get!" Her voice practically drips with exitement. "And if you turn out to be useful, maybe I'll elevate you above the position of personal slave. Oh, by the way, did I mention that you are my personal slave? Your duties consist of helping me do my hair and other emasculating activities like polishing my shoes. Is that what you wanted to know?"

ufo
2009-03-30, 12:43 PM
Patrick raises an eyebrow suspiciously. "Not that I wouldn't love to, captain," he pauses to emphasize the sarcasm. "But I think that the results would be less than satisfactory if I were to do your hair, y'know?

dresdor
2009-03-30, 10:51 PM
"tell me I at least get to kill something. I haven't killed anyone or blown anything up in weeks, and I'm getting antsy." Brad says sarcastically...or is he being serious?

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

OOC: I'm tired, sorry.

An Enemy Spy
2009-03-31, 09:01 AM
"Well then you had better be useful. I don't like bad hair days."
to Brad. "Of course you'll get to kill. That's the fourth best thing about piracy!"

dresdor
2009-03-31, 10:10 PM
"And what are the best three things?'

An Enemy Spy
2009-04-05, 10:55 PM
"One, the money. Two, the notoriety. And three, the fact that you can steal the best clothes you've ever laid eyes on from rich people. In fact, make that number one." Marcus lifts her up by her arpits and whispers something into her ear. Immediately she gets serious. "Get on it immediately." she says. She drops from his grip and walks out of the room.
"Suit up and get ready for action." Marcus says before following her.

ufo
2009-04-06, 03:23 PM
"How about showing us where the crew quarters are first? Otherwise gearing up could become problematic!" Patrick shouts after Marcus.

"Dumbnut." He whispers under his breath.

An Enemy Spy
2009-04-06, 06:12 PM
Marcus walks back in with your gear. He throws Vincent's sword at Patrick and misses. He leaves without saying anything.

dresdor
2009-04-06, 11:58 PM
Brad says nothing and prepares for battle. He checks his weapons and weighs his options.

"Playing pirate is most likely the safe thing for now, at least the nearest bunch of well armed crazies would be on our side. Plus we at least know where they stand."

ufo
2009-04-07, 05:10 AM
Patrick smiles deviously. "And if all else fails," he looks up at Brad, "I'll be glad to just be a pain in the Republic's arse!"

He lifts up his gun, makes sure it's loaded, nods at Brad and walks hastily out in the same direction as Marcus and the captain.

An Enemy Spy
2009-04-07, 08:43 AM
OOC: fyi Marcus and Seras are the same guy. The captain hasn't told you her name yet.

ufo
2009-04-07, 02:24 PM
OOC: Oh, right. I thought I'd get the names mixed around at some point <.< Editing.

An Enemy Spy
2009-04-10, 05:32 PM
Holly points at Vincent's body. "That is why you don't go against the orders of an experienced captain. Ricky, give me a jumpsuit. I'm tired of these perverts staring at me."
After you are all done getting dressed, Ricky says, "So, any ideas on how we get out of this?"
OOC: Also, when you said Federation did you mean the Confederacy or the Republic? There is no Federation

ufo
2009-04-10, 06:01 PM
OOC: The Confederacy are the ones who attacked the planet, right? I just remembered that one of them was a Republic, and I took a shot on the second one. Sorry, should've researched a bit there <.<

An Enemy Spy
2009-04-10, 06:21 PM
<The ones invading are the Republic>

ufo
2009-04-10, 09:57 PM
OOC:: Riiiight.

It's 5 in the morning, I'm excused.