PDA

View Full Version : Maztica

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 01:47 AM
I read the wiki on it, and it sounds pretty neat. However I am curious about 3.x updates and any information on it I can get. So I would love links to websites, personal thoughts / similar, or any other information on the place I can get. Including just page references in the random FR campaign books.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-13, 01:52 AM
There are none, sadly. Nor for the rest of the outside of FR setting.

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 02:00 AM
There are none, sadly. Nor for the rest of the outside of FR setting.

That would help explain why I'm having trouble finding it.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-13, 02:01 AM
Its a sad fact, the world outside of Fawrun is really interesting and deep. But they did so little with it, and now 4th ed is out, there is absolutly 0% chance outside of homebrew conversion getting it to either 3.5 or 4th ed.

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 02:07 AM
Unless you do it. Right now. Say in the next two weeks. That would be swell. >.>

Diplomacy roll...got a 12 on the die for a total of 43. :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2009-02-13, 02:09 AM
Sorry bud, I lack an int score of any kind, and thus sadly, immune to diplomacy.

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 02:13 AM
Darn vermin >.> :D
Between Innis and TDC....

Innis Cabal
2009-02-13, 02:16 AM
Construct, clearly, I can still operate a computer somehow.

Its a very big project, and really would take more then just one person to be working on it to get it cranked out in that short ammount of time. Get a group togather and I might be able to lend some help but I really don't play 3.5 these days.

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 02:27 AM
Lol, I didn't really expect you to do it. And my cat can type, I just assume it was all luck.
:D

Or did you replace my cat with a cat golem? That could save a lot in vet bills and food...hmmm

Innis Cabal
2009-02-13, 02:28 AM
The less you know. But did you ever wonder what they do when your not looking? Think about it. If you only knew the truth.

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 02:37 AM
I'd like to report a few bugs then. One of them likes to stare at corners. A LOT.
Also the recharging seems to be terribly inefficient, they lie about doing nothing a lot. T
he range function on them seems buggy, works great for thier movement but they seem to have trouble figuring out my reach. They will get close, headbutt, get rubbed...then slowly move away until they are just out of reach. I can almost hear in my head at that "well...are you going to pet me?"

Kinda freaky.

Innis Cabal
2009-02-13, 02:42 AM
Those are all within proper levels. If it starts smoking, contact user support and clear any and all living matter to a distance of 2 miles.

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 02:47 AM
Even plants? How quickly?

Innis Cabal
2009-02-13, 02:49 AM
You might as well just save yourself. :smallwink:

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 02:51 AM
How many can you make, and how quickly can we sell them to the military?

Panda-s1
2009-02-13, 03:42 AM
But they did so little with it, and now 4th ed is out, there is absolutly 0% chance outside of homebrew conversion getting it to either 3.5 or 4th ed.

What makes you so sure of that? Monk is coming out next year, we may very well see support for Kara-Tur or Zakhara as well.

Sadly Maztica did disappear and was replaced with Returned Aebir, so no Mesoamerican adventures in FR :(

BobVosh
2009-02-13, 03:47 AM
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1136815

This thread makes me sad. No wonder people hated what 4ed did to the realms lol

Athaniar
2009-02-13, 03:58 AM
Sadly Maztica did disappear and was replaced with Returned Aebir, so no Mesoamerican adventures in FR :(

Didn't the book mention something about switching places? If so, Maztica should bes somewhere in Abeir now. Bah, Maztica is way cooler than Abeir.

Thane of Fife
2009-02-13, 07:42 AM
You are in remarkable luck - the entire original Maztica sourcebook is freely available (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads) on Wizards' website (although it's for 2e).

Don't worry about that, though, there's very little in the way of rules in it.

I believe that there are also some adventures.

Panda-s1
2009-02-13, 02:34 PM
Didn't the book mention something about switching places? If so, Maztica should bes somewhere in Abeir now. Bah, Maztica is way cooler than Abeir.

Yeah, I guess that makes Maztica part of Returned Toril. Honestly I'm surprised people are that upset about Maztica being gone despite the fact that there has been no support for it for the past 15 years. What about that one African continent? That's gone, but nobody ever mentions that.

And Kara-Tur and Zakhara are still around, and are much easier to get to, where's the love for fantasy Asia? :smallfrown:

Innis Cabal
2009-02-14, 02:37 PM
Which African continent? There was a Middle East, A Far East with Mongolia, Japan, China and Korea. And there was a New World (The Americas). That was it as far as I ever saw.

As to why people are so upset even though there was no support? Because we are upset they went to 4th ed when there was SO MUCH to do in the Realms, and then they made it EQ2. Same storyline, same end result.

Mobey_Wee
2009-02-14, 03:46 PM
Which African continent? There was a Middle East, A Far East with Mongolia, Japan, China and Korea. And there was a New World (The Americas). That was it as far as I ever saw.

Which is which?
--Maztica was for the aztecs and mayans and what not... (right?)
what about the others?
--Kara-Tur? I would guess it is the eastern asia one.
--Zakhara?
--What else?

Innis Cabal
2009-02-14, 04:00 PM
Anchorome-The Americas. Full with both Vinland and the desert tribes of Elves who at the very least the Evermet Elves know of, as their envoy to the deserts here were turned back with a message of "Not interested...ever". It is very clearly the North American continent, and what little information was ever released of the area states its more primal then Faerun, and that many a wizard have their special forts here. Nothing else is really known of it. The Flaming First had a base here but its been plauged with issues. The bird creator race fled here, and the adventuerer Balduran (Of Bualder's Gate Fame) is buried here.

Maztica-The topic of this thread. Central and upper South American influence.

Katashaka-The contient under Maztica, if Maztica is any showing of how that part of the world runs, its probably as South American as possible. No information has been written on it save its name, and a mention that getting to its pretty rough.

Faerūn-Europe, a somewhat African area such as Chult and its small region, though it is far more akin to the Laosian and Cambodian jungles at least in flavor, the countries there are still very European. There is also some rather Russian influences but they are mostly in the north. Lets not forget the viking theme up there as well.

Osse- Named only, its contents are widely left unknown. Though from its location its probably similar to Australia.

Zakhara- The Middle East and Asia Minor. Turkey, Persia, etc

Kara-Tur-China, Japan, Korea and the Monglian Steps

Knaight
2009-02-14, 04:05 PM
There is also Al-Qadim for middle eastern stuff, but I don't think its part of forgotten realms.

arguskos
2009-02-14, 04:07 PM
Al-Quadim is the name for the campaign supplement that covered Zakhara, if I recall correctly. :smallcool:

Innis Cabal
2009-02-14, 04:10 PM
You are correct, Al-Quadim is Zakhara just as the once stand alone Kara-Tur became the local by the same name.

And with a little more lurking, there -is- a region that was supposed to be a Sub-Saharan region, but it was not only not added to the map, it was completly overlaped by the local under Maztica. Unless of course that is what it was supposed to be and they simply did not mention that it had in fact a name.

Seethyr
2010-09-10, 04:24 PM
I apologize for performing thread necromancy here, but I am busy looking for Maztica fans wherever I can. I have formed a Yagoo group called "Maztica Alive!" where fans of the setting can bounce ideas off of each other, form group projects and share their own Maztica creations. Already there are a number of adventures (which use either edition neutral or 3.x rules), accessories, maps, monsters and links. The group itself is currently small, but growing fast, and quite active. Hope to see you there!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/MazticaAlive/

:smallsmile:

El Dorado
2010-09-10, 05:16 PM
This thread details the mysterious ruins of my people. Had to get that in before thread lock. :smallwink:

The Glyphstone
2010-09-10, 07:43 PM
Great Modthulhu: That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange eons even threads may die.

Unless they're Necro'ed, that is.