PDA

View Full Version : Epic Wildshape

Eloel
2009-02-13, 06:36 AM
I need help creating an epic wilshape-based build. The build should be able to reach as high HD as possible, have full Druid spellcasting & animal companion progression, and have as much versatility as it can get. Preferably, ability to shape into a wide array of stuff is cool.

Character Creation

ECL 36 characters (666000 xp) + 30,000 bonus xp. If you don't use the xp it gets added to your total. If you want to use more (for epic spells, say) then you'll start down however much xp you used past the bonus, in otherwords, down a level (or more depending on how many epic spells you develop).
36 point buy
8,800,000 gp

Multiclassing Restrictions: If you take a class or prestige class you must take at least 5 levels of it. Prestige Classes with less than 5 levels are not allowed unless I get a VERY good reason. You must have at least 5 levels of an epic class progression, epic prestige class progression or epic prestige class.

The classes I have in mind are;
Druid
Warshaper
Nature's Warrior
Master of Many Forms

Are there any other classes that improve wildshape?

jcsw
2009-02-13, 08:21 AM
1. Warshaper doesn't give druid wildshape HD progression, IIRC.
You could probably persuade your DM otherwise, though.

2. Since this is epic level, see if you can get your DM to allow planar shepherd in faiths of eberron. (Normally it's too high powered, but eh, epic levels are screwy anyway)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-02-13, 08:22 AM
In the epic levels, spellcasting is better than Wild Shaping. A single-classed Druid who stays Wild Shaped into a Dire Tortoise from Sandstorm will get a surprise round no matter what, which at that level should be enough to end an encounter or at least get a significant enough advantage to guarantee victory. Another good Wild Shape form is an Immoth (MM2) via Improved Elemental Wild Shape from the DMG. Say that at the end of each day before you rest, you Wild Shape into an Immoth and store all of your remaining spells as Ice Runes. They remain indefinitely until used regardless of the climate, and they can be activated as a Free Action whenever you wish. Apart from those, the pre-epic single-classed Wild Shape tricks are good enough, there's nothing worth losing spellcasting levels for.