PDA

View Full Version : Appearance Changes? (PALADIN BLUES SPOILER)

The Bookworm
2009-02-13, 06:57 AM
In Rich's hints in No Cure for the Paladin Blues, he mentioned that something would alter one of the Order's members' appearance permanently. Do you think this has already happened, or that it will happen later? Is it Roy as a spirit, V's trance-deprivation, Haley's haircut, or something completely different?

RMS Oceanic
2009-02-13, 07:00 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Elan's new Dashing Swordsman clothes.

NerfTW
2009-02-13, 09:41 AM
We've forgotten about Elan already... :smallfrown:

SkredlitheOgre
2009-02-13, 09:48 AM
I would hardly call Haley getting a haircut or V not trancing enough as 'permanent,' honestly. And Roy being a spirit isn't permanent, since we're hoping he gets resurrected. And Elan could change clothes. Or take them off completely *covers eyes*

Studoku
2009-02-13, 10:27 AM
Elan's dashing swordsman outfit is pretty much permanent clothing for him now. I'm certain that was the change that Rich mentioned.

DMBlackhart
2009-02-13, 11:04 AM
Or take them off completely *covers eyes*

Elan already tried this, with less then satisfactory results for all involved.

nleseul
2009-02-13, 11:17 AM
Elan already tried this, with less then satisfactory results for all involved.

Not true. Haley liked it. As did a number of Azure City girls.

The Bookworm
2009-02-13, 09:31 PM
Oh, the Dashing Swordsman outfit. I'd forgotten about that already... Thanks!

hobbitkniver
2009-02-15, 01:50 PM
What about Miko becoming fallen and turning brown. Although I stated this, I more likely agree that Elan's costume change was what he meant.

Kish
2009-02-15, 02:06 PM
What about Miko becoming fallen and turning brown.
I would venture that that's overridden by Miko's change to a dead character who used to be in the strip but no longer is, which makes Rich draw her, in all strips since #464, as looking like nothing.

Raging Gene Ray
2009-02-15, 02:08 PM
Miko's change to a dead character who used to be in the strip but no longer is, which makes Rich draw her, in all strips since #464, as looking like nothing.

You know, a character doesn't have to be dead to not appear. So what you're saying is that Rich puts every character ever in every strip ever, he just draws them as looking like nothing? That's some dedication right there!

Surprise!
2009-02-15, 02:21 PM
I am sorry to disagree with you, but I fail to see the permanency in shorter hair and removable clothes.

IMO whatever deal V get's herself in will probably make permanent the facial disfiguration from not trancing as a side effect.

*Edit* I don't believe Miko was ever a member of the Order of the Stick.

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-15, 04:28 PM
I am sorry to disagree with you, but I fail to see the permanency in shorter hair and removable clothes.

IMO whatever deal V get's herself in will probably make permanent the facial disfiguration from not trancing as a side effect.

If Elan wanted to put on his old clothes, he could have. They were there to put back on. He didn't, and I doubt he'll have a chance to now.

Assassin89
2009-02-15, 04:59 PM

Looks like Roy agreed with you on that point (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0285.html)

As for Elan putting on his old clothes, it is an impossibility as Nale took them.

Teatime
2009-02-15, 05:10 PM
It was Elan's change from Bard clothing to Dashing Swordsman clothing. I really don't see how anyone could argue this point. Mostly because he specifies it's one of the six main characters, and I believe he even says it'll be "in the next book," which means it already happened in War and XPs.