PDA

View Full Version : Thetangledweb is no longer available?

Paramour Pink
2009-02-13, 03:06 PM
Just a general question because I'm not sure about this, but is thetangledweb website working for anyone?

For whatever reason I'm getting a sign saying account is suspended, and although at first I thought that I had personally somehow done something wrong...I just tried accessing the site from a different browser that doesn't have my log-in details, and it seems to have the same problem for the whole site.

Anyone know what's going on?

InaVegt
2009-02-13, 03:14 PM
Seems like they didn't pay their hosting bills.

RTGoodman
2009-02-13, 03:38 PM
I don't use thetangledweb, but I think I remember seeing SEVERAL threads about them crashing, getting hacked, or otherwise going down over the past year or two.

If you needed anything specific from there, you might be out of luck until they come back. There are other sites that let you store your online character sheets in the same way, though (Myth-Weavers, etc.), so you might look into them. Myth-Weavers, in particular, has a large selection of sheets, a pretty big pbp community anyway, and is a relatively reliable site.

Paramour Pink
2009-02-13, 04:17 PM
The irony is probably that the only time I've seen a site like thetangleweb going down, it was mythweaver. :smallamused:

I think I used their sheet's once and didn't like it, although the community looked nice at a glance. But yeah, I think I should try another site.

Thanks for the suggestion. :smallsmile:

SurlySeraph
2009-02-13, 05:48 PM
Really? Damn. Looks like IŽve lost all the character sheets I didnŽt save on my computer.
Again.
Methinks IŽll switch to Mythweavers.

The Glyphstone
2009-02-13, 06:18 PM
Anyone remember the original 3EProfiler? Howbout Sylnae?

Dhavaer
2009-02-13, 08:05 PM
Anyone remember the original 3EProfiler? Howbout Sylnae?

I remember them, way way back in the Gath Arena. Remember that, Glyphstone? :smallwink:

Swooper
2009-02-13, 09:57 PM
In case you missed it, TTW is back up. Thankfully. I was worried for a while there.

I have now downloaded the .xml files for my important characters. :smallsigh:

Reinboom
2009-02-13, 10:08 PM
Shameless plug, but, I do have a profiler that, while my site might be smaller and a lil bit slower, has managed to endure AND has someone you can contact for it.
http://pifro.com/pro/