PDA

View Full Version : Help need to plan out lvls 16-20

Darth Stabber
2009-02-13, 03:19 PM
Playing a Wizard4/Incarnate(chaos)1/Soulcaster10
Using the Domain Variant for wizards and have chosen the Transmutation Domain. Traded my Familiar for a Feat(via loner Flaw)
Feats: Scribe Scroll, Incarnum Spellcasting, Shape Soulmeld, Open least chakra(crown), Heighten Spell, Midnight Metamagic, Arcane Thesis(disintegrate), and 3 unused feats.

I already gave up 1 caster lvl for incarnate would prefer not to lose any more (Sorcerers would make fun of me if they got 9th lvl slots before I did). What Would the Best PRC be?

Dyllan
2009-02-13, 03:54 PM
Playing a Wizard4/Incarnate(chaos)1/Soulcaster10
Using the Domain Variant for wizards and have chosen the Transmutation Domain. Traded my Familiar for a Feat(via loner Flaw)
Feats: Scribe Scroll, Incarnum Spellcasting, Shape Soulmeld, Open least chakra(crown), Heighten Spell, Midnight Metamagic, Arcane Thesis(disintegrate), and 3 unused feats.

I already gave up 1 caster lvl for incarnate would prefer not to lose any more (Sorcerers would make fun of me if they got 9th lvl slots before I did). What Would the Best PRC be?

I don't have access to my books right now, so I'm not sure exactly what Soulcaster is or does. That being said, I often find myself putting Abjurant Champion into later levels of wizard builds. Full spell progression, easy to get into, nice hit dice and abilities that are handy for any wizard, really. Full BAB doesn't hurt for touch attacks either, I suppose.

Draz74
2009-02-13, 03:55 PM
Do you really need to spend a feat to open a chakra? There's a wizard spell that can do that for you.

Bonus Essentia is pretty much an essential feat (no pun intended) for any Incarnum character. Take it instead of Open Chakra, probably.

Your 3 bonus feats should probably go into metamagic, so that you're putting Arcane Thesis to decent use. At least 2 of them.

As far as PrCs go, Fatespinner comes to mind. Super-easy requirements that don't violate what you've already got planned. Full casting for the first 4 levels. Cool debuff abilities.

Whatever PrC you pick, though, you may want to think of taking 1 more Wizard level for a bonus feat.

Darth Stabber
2009-02-13, 05:30 PM
Soulcaster is the Incarnate/wizard Gish from Magic of Incarnum. It's main effect (outside of fullcaster/full meldshaper progression) is investing essentia in to spells to increase the caster level and Save DC.

The entry requirements of it are 6 ranks in knowledge(arcana) 1 feat(that gives you access to some crappy spells), 2nd lvl arcane spells and ability to shape 3 soulmelds and bind 1 to a chakra,

you get 2 soulmelds from 1 lvl in incarnate(or totemist), then you can either take another lvl in incarnate(or totemist) to get the other meld and open a chakra, or you can take 2 feats and keep an arcane caster lvl. so I have to decide if 2 feats are worth 1 caster lvl, I could have made the wrong call, who knows? Heck if i wanted to get real cheesy i would take 1 lvl of wizard and precocious apprentics, and 2 lvls of incarnate and take my first level of it @ 4.

Draz74
2009-02-13, 05:36 PM
Huh, I was missing the part where Open Chakra is a prerequisite. OK, then it makes sense why you took it instead of using a spell.

However, that means there's another mistake in your build. You can't take Open Least Chakra until Level 6. Which means the soonest you could start taking levels in Soulcaster is Level 7. Which means, if you stick with the "only lose one caster level" plan, you'll have a 5th level of Wizard already before your PrC, and you'll only need help designing levels 17-20. :smallwink:

Two feats vs. losing a caster level -- tough call, in my book. Losing caster levels is bad (for optimization), but feats are really important too; and another level of Incarnate will give you more flexibility with which Soulmelds you shape, which Chakra you bind to, than feats will.

Darth Stabber
2009-02-13, 05:42 PM
Good call so i cut a lvl of wizard add another of incarnate. Which means no lost caster lvls will be accepted, full casting PRC's only.