PDA

View Full Version : For Nathan Fillion fans...

snoopy13a
2009-02-13, 04:34 PM
He is going to star in a new ABC show "Castle" starting on March 9th.

SnowballMan
2009-02-13, 05:27 PM
Do we have any information on said show? Would it be worthwhile for those who liked Firefly in particular?

(I know I could probably just google it but that kind of takes all the fun out of a discussion board.)

Rogue 7
2009-02-13, 05:55 PM
Doesn't look like it- I caught a commercial when I was getting food, and it looks to be a sort of police drama/comedy thing with him playing off of some chick. But hey, it's Nathan Fillion, I'll watch it anyways.

Sneak
2009-02-13, 05:56 PM
Here's the Wikipedia page. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_(TV_series))

Not a lot of information.

The premise sounds alright to me, but there are already enough crime procedural dramas out there. I'm partial to Bones and Psych myself.

Here's hoping that this one's different and interesting.

I'll be watching, in any case, if only because Nathan Fillion is the man.

Ascension
2009-02-13, 10:04 PM

Indeed. I was at a Firefly cast panel at Dragon*Con (the line to get in wrapped around the hotel twice, by the way) and he definitely stole the show. All he needs is an iPhone and an audience, from there the amusement just sort of magically comes into being.

Warpfire
2009-02-14, 10:58 PM

Watching anything Nathan Fillion is in sounds like a good idea until you find yourself watching a chick flick about pies and wondering where things went wrong.

chiasaur11
2009-02-14, 11:03 PM
Watching anything Nathan Fillion is in sounds like a good idea until you find yourself watching a chick flick about pies and wondering where things went wrong.

On the other hand, he also played the title character in an academy award winning WW2 film.

Warpfire
2009-02-14, 11:36 PM
Yes, but really the only point of that post was that Nathan Fillion owes me 108 minutes of my life. I want them back.

Rogue 7
2009-02-15, 12:07 AM

I must say that upon seeing that Nathan Fillion was in that movie, I was sorely tempted to see it.

Flame of Anor
2009-02-15, 12:14 AM

Pies? What?

Warpfire
2009-02-15, 12:18 AM
Behold. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waitress_(film)) It isn't really centered on pies, but they are a pretty big part of the movie.

Also, I will admit Waitress might be a good movie for people who like that kind of movie. So if your into romantic dramedies, go for it.

Mr._Blinky
2009-02-15, 12:27 AM
On the other hand, he also played the title character in an academy award winning WW2 film.
Well more accurately, he played a guy mistaken for the title character in an over-rated (this part is IMO) academy award winning WW2 film, but yeah.

That said, Nathan Fillion is born of win, drinks his win shaken-not-stirred, eats win for breakfast, and poops win so concentrated it can cure cancer and give orphans their parents back.

Rogue 7
2009-02-15, 12:32 AM
That was Nathan Fillion? Suddenly I have an excuse to see Saving Private Ryan again.

Mr._Blinky
2009-02-15, 12:35 AM
That was Nathan Fillion? Suddenly I have an excuse to see Saving Private Ryan again.

Nathan Fillion plays the first "Private Ryan" that they meet, the one who turns out to be the wrong guy.

chiasaur11
2009-02-15, 12:44 AM
Well more accurately, he played a guy mistaken for the title character in an over-rated (this part is IMO) academy award winning WW2 film, but yeah.

That said, Nathan Fillion is born of win, drinks his win shaken-not-stirred, eats win for breakfast, and poops win so concentrated it can cure cancer and give orphans their parents back.

They were really ordered to find Fillion, to have him go on a on e man war against Hitler.

Not his fault Hanks slipped up, and a lot of viewers missed that plot thread.

FoE
2009-02-15, 12:47 AM
Behold. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waitress_(film)) It isn't really centered on pies, but they are a pretty big part of the movie.

Also, I will admit Waitress might be a good movie for people who like that kind of movie. So if your into romantic dramedies, go for it.

If you're into Troma-style horror movies, you may want to go in for this flick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slither_(film)) instead. Also, if you're hot for Elizabeth Banks.

They were really ordered to find Fillion, to have him go on a one man war against Hitler.

Not his fault Hanks slipped up, and a lot of viewers missed that plot thread.

Chiasaur has it right. It's a little-known fact that Saving Private Ryan was actually meant as a Captain America vehicle with Fillion in the lead. But Spielberg went with focusing on the whole "war" thing. :smalltongue:

chiasaur11
2009-02-15, 12:49 AM
If you're into Troma-style horror movies, you may want to go in for this flick (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slither_(film)) instead. Also, if you're hot for Elizabeth Banks.

I need to see that one. I hear it's pretty good.

Rogue 7
2009-02-15, 12:57 AM
You know, I saw on his Wikipedia page that he was listed as one of Entertainment Weekly's "50 Actors We'd Watch in Anything". And I fully agree. I'd sit through a root canal without novocaine if he was my dentist.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-15, 04:58 AM
As said many times before, if it's a success, and comes out in some fashion over here in Britland, I'll watch it. The premise ain't amazing, but it's the founder of the FLANS!

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-02-15, 09:50 AM
I don't know why people love Nathon Fillion so much. He was only Gao the Lesser to me, an arrogant, spoiled and annoying bully that you fight as the first sub-boss in BioWare's RPG masterpiece, Jade Empire.:smallannoyed:

Kaelaroth
2009-02-15, 09:56 AM
I don't know why people love Nathon Fillion so much. He was only Gao the Lesser to me, an arrogant, spoiled and annoying bully that you fight as the first sub-boss in BioWare's RPG masterpiece, Jade Empire.:smallannoyed:

He was Mal. He was Adam. He was Caleb.
He is awesomesauce.

Bookman
2009-02-15, 10:38 AM
He is awesomesauce.

And Captain Hammer.

You CAN'T forget Captain Hammer

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-02-15, 10:40 AM
He is awesomesauce.

And...I have no idea who all those characters are.

Oregano
2009-02-15, 10:48 AM
He was Johnny first though.

Mal is from Firefly/Serenity, Caleb was from Buffy the Vampire Slayer but I don't know who Adam is(is it the guy from Slither?).

Eurosolo
2009-02-15, 10:53 AM
And...I have no idea who all those characters are.

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds: Captain of the transport ship Serenity in the series "Firefly."

Adam: Dr. Adam Mayfair, married to Dana Delaney's character on the TV show Desperate Housewives.

Caleb: From "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" - Prior to becoming the right-hand man of the First Evil, Caleb was a defrocked priest and serial killer responsible for the deaths of at least two girls, whom he lured with his stirring sermons and masculine charm.
Despite remaining unseen until the last five episodes of the series, Caleb is revealed to be one of the prime movers for the events of the seventh season. In an effort to eliminate all threats to the First Evil's resurgence, he directs hordes of Bringers to systematically kill Potential Slayers around the world. He also orders the bombing of the Watchers' Council Headquarters in London, causing the deaths of Quentin Travers and all Watchers and Council Operatives present.

chiasaur11
2009-02-15, 11:39 AM
Don't forget, he also married Kate on Lost.

And he had a role in Halo 3, in which even a broken neck couldn't stop him from kicking alien posterior.

Oregano
2009-02-15, 11:47 AM
Don't forget, he also married Kate on Lost.

And he had a role in Halo 3, in which even a broken neck couldn't stop him from kicking alien posterior.

Aye but in Halo 3 he was arguably reprising his role as Mal, or Sergeant Reynolds as they call him. Same with Jayne and Wash.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-02-15, 11:50 AM
Ah, and therein lies the problem. I do not watch TV, or play Xbox 360 games. I only know him through that one game.

chiasaur11
2009-02-15, 11:54 AM
Ah, and therein lies the problem. I do not watch TV, or play Xbox 360 games. I only know him through that one game.

Watch the Internet?

You'd have another arrogant amusing arse to associate him with.

Also: Watch Firefly. It's pretty much pure greatness.

snoopy13a
2009-02-15, 12:53 PM
Caleb: From "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" - Prior to becoming the right-hand man of the First Evil, Caleb was a defrocked priest and serial killer responsible for the deaths of at least two girls, whom he lured with his stirring sermons and masculine charm.
Despite remaining unseen until the last five episodes of the series, Caleb is revealed to be one of the prime movers for the events of the seventh season. In an effort to eliminate all threats to the First Evil's resurgence, he directs hordes of Bringers to systematically kill Potential Slayers around the world. He also orders the bombing of the Watchers' Council Headquarters in London, causing the deaths of Quentin Travers and all Watchers and Council Operatives present.

Wasn't he the one who poked out Xander's eye as well? Haven't watched anything of the last season since the episodes aired.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-02-15, 01:12 PM
Watch the Internet?

You'd have another arrogant amusing arse to associate him with.

Also: Watch Firefly. It's pretty much pure greatness.

What do you mean "watch the Internet?" Doesn't that cost money?:smallconfused:

I keep being told to watch Firefly, but I can never afford it.:smallfrown:

snoopy13a
2009-02-15, 01:30 PM

If you live in the US, you can watch old Firefly episodes on hulu for free (it is legal too). Unfortunately, if you live overseas, it is IP blocked.

chiasaur11
2009-02-15, 02:18 PM

Doctor Horrible.

It's free on Hulu.