PDA

View Full Version : The Keep on the Borderlands

Squark
2009-02-13, 06:46 PM
OOC: In character DM stuff is in italics, while NPC's will get colored Dialogue. Choose a color for your dialogue.

You have all traveled together for several days in pursuit of the last members of the bandit gang who killed your friends and family. As the day comes to a close, your hafling scout, Kevrith, reports that you are now only an hour away from the bandit gang. The choice stands: Do you wait, and attack at dawn, or do you attack now?

Links:
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104703)
Dice Rolling Thread (Invisible Castle can be used as well) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104709)

Squark
2009-02-14, 05:53 PM
Main Party: As you approach the camp, you make out 12 bandits; 9 spearmen, a pair of bowwomen, and a burly chainmail clad man with a scar, clearly the leader. The camp is settling down for the night, and the entire group seems slightly drunk. Math* notices some movement in an unoccupied tent, possibly a captive.

Pollux**: You here a rustle in the bushes outside the camp. Could this be the "Snake Priests," or someone here to rescue your, for lack of a better word, cellmate? (Do you use the dinner knife you've been hiding to cut your bonds and gag?)

Everyone: Roll 1d6 1d20 for initiative.

*He made his spot check, but Dorian and Kevrith did not.
**He made his listen check

Innitiative Order:
Bandit Leader: 13
Dorian, Math: 8
Kevrith, Bandit Lieutenant and Pollux:7
Spearmen: 4 (2 of 8 dead)
Bowwomen: 3 (1 of 2 dead)

Note on initiative: REMEMBER TO ADD YOUR DEXTERITY BONUS

charl
2009-02-14, 06:44 PM
Dorian

Dorian fastens his grip on his warhammer and assumes a combat ready pose.
"This might get ugly guys." He whispers to his comrades. "Time to get our justice."

Initiative:
[roll0]

Verdigris
2009-02-14, 08:22 PM
Pollux beings to slowly saw through his restraints with the dull knife. No four walls (let alone a tent) can contain him, or so he will no doubt explain to an eager crowd at the tavern, should he make it out of this situation alive.

And, if at all possible, perhaps on the way out he can pick a few pockets and plant his knife in one of the bandits, by way of a parting gift.

charl
2009-02-14, 08:35 PM
(New initiative roll with d20)

Initiative: [roll0]

Verdigris
2009-02-14, 08:52 PM
Rolling Initiative:

Kevrith [roll0]

Verdigris
2009-02-14, 08:53 PM
Rolling Initiative:

Pollux: [roll0]

Mina Kobold
2009-02-15, 10:28 AM
Math

Hmm. I believe they might have captives my friends he whisper in a scary tone he usually uses, he then smiles vampiric and say let's begin my friends

Intiative=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1940842/)

Squark
2009-02-15, 05:23 PM
The bandit Leader takes yawns, and stretches, before walking over to one of the bowwomen*

Dorian and Math, your turn.

*Feel free to elaborate his actions in your mind however you wish.

charl
2009-02-15, 07:14 PM
Dorian

Dorian lifts his hand as a gesture for Math to stand down. "Please friend, we need a plan here. Just rushing into the camp will get us killed."
He eyes the camp as well as he can. "They can't see us very well in the dark. If we stay away from light sources we would be harder to hit. Also, we probably should go for the leader first. Eliminate their leadership."

Mina Kobold
2009-02-16, 10:37 AM
Math

I got the idea of blinding them with magic and surprise them, but backstabbing and assasinations sounds better. He says and draw his sword. Let's go!

Verdigris
2009-02-16, 10:40 AM
Kevrith watches the other players, but remains silent throughout the proceeding. However, as a plan is decided, he nods grimly and clutches his weapon.

"Let's take the fight to the enemy, then!"

Mina Kobold
2009-02-16, 12:43 PM
Math

What fight? How do we take a fight to the enemy when there's no fight... Yet he says and continues sneaking towards the camp.

charl
2009-02-16, 12:46 PM
Dorian

With all the plans laid out Dorian nods and moves into the enemy camp, trying to keep to the shadows. He heads towards the leader.

If he catches him by surprise, Dorian swings his warhammer in a mighty blow at the leader:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Mina Kobold
2009-02-16, 02:25 PM
Math

Math attacks the bowwoman from behind as Dorian attack the leader.

attack roll= 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1942339/)
damage= 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1942340/)

Verdigris
2009-02-16, 03:43 PM
Kevrith follows his companions into the fray, swinging his weapon in a wide arc.

Attack:

Further back in the camp, Pollux finishes sawing through his bonds. Clutching his knife, he attempts to hide in shadows and move silently, taking advantage of the sudden confusion. Ultimately, his aim is to backstab the bandit leader.

Hide in Shadows: [roll2]
Move Silently: [d100

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Squark
2009-02-16, 04:15 PM
Math's arrow strikes true, skewering the bowwoman through the neck. She slumps over, dead. Kevrith slices through one of the spearmen, leaving him lying face down by the fire. The Bandit Leader was evidently not as drunk as he appeared, as he hears the twang of Math's bow and grabs his spear, turning around just in time to catch what would have been a lethal blow to the head on his spear, although you can hear his joints groaning under the force of the bow. Pollux's thrown dagger* misses miserably, however, and he has left himself quite exposed. No weapon remains within immediate reach, although the dead bandits are unlikely to begrudge you their weapon, and he sees his gear tied in a sack on a tree about 10 yards away, at the edge of the camp.

The remaining Spearmen and bowwoman, somewhat inebriated, grab their weapons and ready for battle. The leader then makes a quick stab at Dorian with his spear, but misses due to his haste, with Dorian easily sidestepping the blow. As it stands, 7 spearmen, 1 bowwoman, a spearman with a sword on his belt (perhaps a Lieutenant), and the wounded captain remain.

Round 2 has begun, state your actions again.

*He couldn't make it all the way to the leader in one turn (especially with a charging cleric in the way, and that hide in shadows was an incredible failure (for the record, you can't move while hiding to begin with. I only just noticed that too).

Verdigris
2009-02-17, 09:23 AM
On his turn, Kevrith presses the attack against the wounded captain, hewing at him with his short sword.

Pollux deftly picks up the fallen bowwoman's weapon, loosing an arrow into the melee if he has the opportunity.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

charl
2009-02-17, 10:13 AM
Dorian

Managing to avoid the bandit leader's spear Dorian strikes back with his hammer.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[OOC: What happened to my critical? =(]

Mina Kobold
2009-02-17, 10:58 AM
Math

Aww crap, they heard that he says and while the leader mostly ignore the (kid who looks like a) 10 year old, Math swings his sword and cuts deaply into the leaders back.

Attack roll= 12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1943444/)
damage= 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1943450/)

Squark
2009-02-18, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately, the party fares poorly with their attacks, all of them missing. The Lieutenant drops his spear and switches to a large broadsword, proceeding to charge Pollux, although the thief easily sidesteps the blow. The Spearmen then split up, two of them each attacking Dorian, Kevrith, and Math, with the remaining Spearman assisting the Lieutenant. The bandits inebriation plays against them however, with only one of the bandits attacking Kevrith successfully drawing blood, although it is only a flesh wound. The remaining bowwoman knocks an arrow and looses it at Dorian, but the arrow bounces easily off his sturdy shield. The Bandit Leader fares similarly, unable to land a blow against Dorian's steely defense

Kevrith takes 2 damage, begin round 3

charl
2009-02-19, 01:49 AM
Dorian, seemingly unalarmed by the arrow that just hit his shield, swings his hammer at the closest spearman.

Verdigris
2009-02-21, 12:50 AM
Kevrith will continue to focus his attacks on the captain, hoping to drop the enemy leadership.

Pollux carefully aims his shot at the leader as well, hoping to even the odds of the fight.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-21, 05:06 AM
Math swings his sword at the leader in hope of that the loss of a leader will confuse the bandits... And because he was closest

Attack roll (1d20+1)= 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1948265/)
Damage (1d8+1)= 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1948266/)

Squark
2009-02-22, 11:55 AM
Dorian cracks a nearby Bandit's skull with his hammer, and Math Successfully slays the leader

Verdigris, you need to restate your actions, as before you could take them, the leader died.

Verdigris
2009-02-22, 12:02 PM
My boys will redirect their attacks against the bandit lieutenant, then.

Kevrith:

Pollux:

Squark
2009-02-22, 02:46 PM
Between Kevrith's sword and Pollux's arrow, you succeed in bringing down the lieutenant. The remaining bandits are somewhat shaken, but they remain determined to bring you down. They strike at you again, but only two succeed in landing blows

Math takes 2 damage, Kevrith takes 1 damage.

Dorian and Math's turn again.

charl
2009-02-22, 03:12 PM
Dorian turns to the nearest bandit and once again swings his hammer.

[roll]1d+6

Mina Kobold
2009-02-22, 04:17 PM
Math attack one of the bandits attacking him and says How can you sleep at night while attacking child's in the day with a voice entirely cold and without feelings.

Attack roll= 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1950241/)

Squark
2009-02-22, 05:18 PM
Both attacks miss, and one of the bandits comments, "I might sleep better if I didn't have stupid adventurers keeping me up at night and killing my girl.

Kevrith and Pollux's turn.

There are only 5 remaining spearmen and one remaining bowwomen.

Verdigris
2009-02-23, 12:08 AM
Kevrith will dive into the group of spearmen, lashing out at the nearest of them.

Pollux will aim a shot at the other archer, attempting to avoid his new allies in the melee.

Squark
2009-02-23, 06:23 PM
Both Pollux and Kevrith's attacks miss their mark. In the bandits retaliation, a spearman scores a hit on Dorian, Math, and Kevrith.

Dorian takes 6 damage, Math takes 3 damage, Kevrith takes 1 damage.

*checks hp totals*

Kevrith is at 3 hp, Dorian and Math are at, *gulp* 1.

Might want to think about drinking those potions of healing I gave you.

Next round, All* of your actions are next, so just say them when you get the chance.

*that includes you, Verdigris. I can see you lurking (or at least, reading other stuff on the site). I am bored out of my mind with waiting for Baldur's Gate to finish installing, and I just want to see some action here, I geuss.

Mina Kobold
2009-02-24, 09:14 AM
Math goes backwards away from the enemy yelling You killed my master, is it so weird I wanna kill you. and drinks his potion.

Healed= 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1952739/):smallfrown:

charl
2009-02-24, 09:25 AM
Dorian takes a couple of steps back, guarding himself with his shield while gulping his healing potion down.

[roll0]

Verdigris
2009-02-24, 10:43 AM
Kevrith will fall back on his turn, and take a swig of healing potion.

(Is it possible to drink a portion of it, and save some for later?)

Pollux, on the other hand, drops the bow in frustration. Scooping up a short sword, he attempts to maneuver behind enemy lines and backstab on of the bandits!

I don't know exactly how this process works in Basic; that being said, I'll just make an attack roll and damage, and let you make necessary adjustments, if there are any.

Incidentally, sorry for not posting sooner. I wasn't avoiding the thread on purpose!

Squark
2009-02-25, 07:47 AM
Kevrith, Dorian, and Math all fall back and drink their potions, their wounds visibly healing, with Kevrith looking unwounded again. Pollux's attempt to sneak up on the bandits for a backstab fails miserably, but his sword still pierces the last bowwomen's throat. Suddenly realizing their precarious situation, the bandits begin to turn tail and run.

Next turn

Oh, and Kevrith healed 6 hp, and no, without knowing how to dilute a potion (which is a LOT more trouble than its worth), you can't drink only part of one.

charl
2009-02-25, 12:19 PM
Dorian

Putting down his hammer and pulling out his sling, Dorian flings a sling stone towards the closest retreating bandit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[OOC: If you can't draw a weapon and attack at the same turn, then Dorian attacks next turn, if the bandits are still within range.]

Verdigris
2009-02-25, 12:24 PM
"That's right, run! Damn cowards, your end will yet be writ upon my blade!"

If they are still in range, Pollux will take another swipe at the bandits.

Verdigris
2009-02-27, 01:57 AM
With a grim smile, Kevrith wades into the retreating bandits, his weapon swinging in wide arcs.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-01, 08:36 AM
Math

Math draw his bow and shoot's at the nearest bandit.

attack=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1959609/)

Damage= 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1959612/)

Squark
2009-03-01, 09:09 AM
Pollux's blade stops one of the bandits cold in their tracks, as does a sling bullet to the head by Dorian. Math's arrow strikes true, but it only hits the bandit's foot, crippling him. The remaining two fleeing bandits will be out of range next turn even if you move to pursue.

NOTE: You can move and make ranged attacks in the same turn, as well as draw weapons in that turn. However, the fleeing bandits are far enough ahead that they're at long range, so you guys are -1 to hit.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-01, 10:14 AM
Math pursues the bandits and attacks again.

Attack (1d20, he have plus 1 normally)=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1959663/)

Damage=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1959664/):smallbiggrin:

charl
2009-03-01, 12:51 PM
Dorian moves forward and fire another sling stone at the closest fleeing bandit, while screaming: "This is for Lathaniel!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Verdigris
2009-03-01, 12:56 PM
If he can reach his bow in time, Pollux will attempt a final bow shot at long range:

Damage: [roll]1d8+1[/roll

Kevrith will also draw his own bow and silently take aim.

Attack:[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Squark
2009-03-01, 04:00 PM
Kevrith and Math's arrows both fell a bandit. The remaining, wounded bandit curls into a ball and clutches his leg, whimpering.

The question now stands- Do you leave him to die in the forest, do you kill him yourself, or do you turn him in to the castellan of the Keep. The matter of Pollux's fellow prisoner is also in need of discussing.

charl
2009-03-01, 04:16 PM
Dorian puts his weapons back in place and turns to his companions. "Somehow I thought revenge would feel better than this." He looks around the corpse-littered camp and shakes his head. "This was just senseless."

The cleric walks up to the dead bandit leader and kneels down over the still-warm body. While using his own fingers to close the eye-lids over the lifeless, he mutters: "At least you won't be hurting anyone else ever again."

Taking a deep breath to gather his composure, Dorian stands up again and turns to his companions: "Well, friends, we got what we came for, well, except for that one." He points towards the hurt bandit. "I think we should turn him in at the keep. There has been enough killing here for today."

Turning to Pollux he says: "As for you, I would very much like to hear how you ended up as a prisoner to these men."

Verdigris
2009-03-02, 11:32 PM
Pollux is crouched over the corpse of the bandit leader, and quickly looks up when his name is called.

“Prisoner, you say? Yes, I suppose I was for a time.” He looks about and surveys the carnage. “Thanks for helping to silence them. As to why they captured me, suffice to say that their leader and I were old acquaintances. I expect he had something creative prepared for me in the morning, no doubt. I was originally on my way to the Borderlands to start my life over again; there’s nothing left for me in civilized countries.”

He finishes rifling through the dead bandit’s gear, and begins walking in the direction of the tent. “These men weren’t working alone, however. I overheard some talk while I was bound—they’re in the employ of a group so-called ‘snake priests,’ as I understand it. Nor was I their only prisoner.” He steps inside the tent and calls out a greeting to the woman inside.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-03, 09:12 AM
Math recognizes the bandit that killed his master's corpse and utter Finally. I've revenged you master seeming lost in his memories. He stand like that for a while, then dries his sword and says Snake priests? I've heard of that.. But where.

OOC: I'm not trying to railroad anything Squark, if you want him to know of them then PM me or something, if not then he've just heard the name (or something).

Verdigris
2009-03-03, 10:12 AM
Pollux will quickly unbind the woman and remove her gag.

"There you are, madam. Though we have long delayed proper introductions, you may call me Pollux."

Squark
2009-03-03, 04:33 PM
Math does indeed recall something about snake priests... in a way. He recalls that his master once mentioned he journeyed to the land of Samarach, near the jungles of Chult, and tangled with the yuan-ti and their god, who's name escapes you, although it had a strong "S" sound and you think you'd know it if you heard it. However, the keep, which is inland from the sword coast in a relatively unclaimed part of Faerun, is thousands of miles from Chult or any yuan-ti stronghold.

The young woman is a blond girl of about 18. Her eyes are a striking blue, and her dress, while tattered from captivity, is made of fine enough cloth to suggest she is of noble birth.

Err... Thank you for your rescue. I am Mirella, daughter of the Castellan of the nearby keep. I was taking a walk about a week earlier when these bandits captured me. I am sure my father would be willing to discuss rewarding and or hiring such capable adventurers, if you would be willing to accompany me back to the keep.

Note: There is the matter of the bandit camp's loot to be discussed... (specifically, searching it and the like)

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 11:21 AM
Math inform to the other I remember something about the snake priests, they might have something to do with the god of the yuan-ti in Samarach, but I'm not sure what it's named, something with S or maybe Z he walks back and forth mumbling strange exotic words, all with strong S's in them (all words in the languages he know)

OOC: I forgot to add my bonus languages to my sheet, what special languages are there (special as draconic is the ancient magical language in 3.5)

Verdigris
2009-03-06, 11:27 AM
"Yes, madam, I for one will go to the keep with you, if you are willing to accept my company for a few more hours. I should be glad of some refuge in these wild parts. I suppose I have much to learn about this part of the world."

Regarding the loot--let's fight for it! :smallbiggrin:

But seriously, I'm fine with equal shares if you folks are.

charl
2009-03-06, 01:32 PM
Dorian

"Well, we were going to the keep to hand in our own prisoner anyway, so of course we will take you, miss. Before we go we need to look through this mess" Dorian makes a gesture toward the camp. "And see if we can find something we might need to survive."

Equal shares sounds best.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 03:54 PM
A reward? Well we'll help you, but it wont be a nice trip, the roads are dangerous these times and we can't use our resources on luxury such as carts, beds and long rests. If you can live with that till we're there then I'm okay with it. Math say and goes of to examine the corpses while mumbling A reward! Does she think we are as barbaric as these bandits then utter a last comment in a foreign language (I'll decide when Squark answer my question about language)

I agree that sharing is good

Squark
2009-03-06, 04:24 PM
The bandits have, between the lot of them, 13 gp and 112 sp. In addition, there are three does and a buck that have been strung up on branches. They'll need to be skinned, but they're otherwise edible. In addition, the wine the bandits were drinking tastes reasonably good.

Lastly, When Pollux retrieves his gear from the tree the bandits had hung it upon, the stick it was hanging on immediately falls... And then, upon touching the ground, rights itself so that it is standing straight.

While the rest of you search the camp, Mirella grabs the lieutenants sword and steals one of the bowwomen's leather tunic. She seems a bit more at ease in the tunic, although whether that is because of the protection or simply because of her dresses poor condition remains to be seen. She seems somewhat annoyed by Math's mumbling, and you can't help but wonder if she understood what he said. Kevrith looks somewhat distant, and its obvious he's somewhat disturbed by what transpired here.

Just pick a monster. Almost every different monster has its own language. Kobold, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Orc, Bugbear, Gnoll, Ogre, etc. Would be good choices, as might dwarven. Also, I'll be adding some campaign background in the OoC thread.

Almost forgot... 110 XP, +24 for the gold, divided among the party is...

39 XP for each of you, and 19 XP for Kevrith*. Add 10% to that and...

43 XP for you guys, 21 XP for Kevrith

*Retainers get half shares of XP.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-06, 04:34 PM
Math say Well that's an odd stick, but let's get this money shared and look confused at Mirella (The thing I meant him to mumble was "I go for power not money" in koboldian plus an lizard-man swear)

Verdigris
2009-03-12, 07:15 PM
"What an oddity! This is no normal stick, I'll be bound." Pollux tries to repeat the experiment, dropping the stick to see what it does. He then turns to math.

"Yes, let's see about dividing the coins. We may as well take some of this meat, as well. It won't do to reach the Keep with empty stomachs."

If any cooked food remains, he will bite into it immediately. "These bandits did not see to it that we were fed," he explains. He then glances towards Mirella, and offers her some food. "You must forgive my manners, madam. You've been their captive longer than I, and are no doubt hungry."

Squark
2009-03-15, 02:31 PM
This time, the stick hits a rock, and points itself at an angle. There is indeed enough meat for each of you, and Mirella tears hungrily into the venison. After a rather good meal, in which you finish off the cooked meat and the remaining wine, Mirella expands on her story a bit.

Thank you again for my rescue. Those bandits caught me off guard while I was walking outside of the keep. Things have been a bit... tense, of late. After a brief pause, she continues, If my sense of direction serves me, and it usually does, the keep should be about two days north, give or take.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-17, 12:33 PM
We should probably hit the road soon, there could be other bandits around Math say and readies to go

charl
2009-03-17, 12:45 PM
Dorian

"I agree. We are done here anyway." Dorian says as he picks up the odd stick, stashing it in his backpack (if there are no complaints). "Let us head to the keep."

Verdigris
2009-03-17, 04:18 PM
"Indeed. Let's hit the road."

Pollux will fashion a pack for himself out of whatever he can find, and fill it with food and supplies. Almost as an afterthought he will also pick up the strange stick that has been the focus of so much attention--perhaps it will come in useful somehow.

charl
2009-03-17, 04:57 PM
Dorian, who is already holding the stick (see last post) objects. "I had already planned to have this stick identified at the keep, if possible, but if you have another idea, please tell me."

Squark
2009-03-18, 04:52 PM
The trip through the forest takes roughly three hours. Math's infravision proves to be of little use, apart from spotting the occasional rabbit hiding in the brush. It is now, by your best estimation, midnight. Mirella comments, "The Keep should be about a day's journey from here... But I can't see my own hand in front of my face. I'd hate to have accidentally gone in the wrong direction. And even if we are going in the write direction, there should be a river nearby, and I am NOT fording a 100 yard river in the middle of the night. I think its best we set up camp for the night. Also..." She yawns loudly, "I am exhausted. I can only imagine how you three," she points at Kevrith, Dorian, and Math, "can feel after having marched part of the day as well, not mention doing so in metal armor."

Mina Kobold
2009-03-21, 06:22 AM
Math say Well if we are gonna rest now instead of by a river providing fresh water then I suggest we find a better place that we can defend and that ain't filled with trees and buses for bandits to use to sneak up at us and start looking around the area

Squark
2009-03-21, 07:38 AM
You can barely see your hand in front of your face, and your infravision isn't a whole lot more useful, unless you wanted to know about a rabbit hiding 30 feet away. The fact that its a new moon is not helping any of you.

charl
2009-03-23, 04:00 PM
Dorian yawns and says: "Yes, perhaps we should stop for the night. Anyone have a handy light source so we can make camp and get a fire going?"

Mina Kobold
2009-03-25, 09:35 AM
A fire might be a bad idea since it would warn everyone in this forest of us and totally ruin both my infravision and your nightvision Math sits down at the camp's center and add I take the first watch

OOC: If you look at a fire you eyes will adjust to the light and it take a while for them to adjust tothe darkness again... YAY! for crazy facts.

Verdigris
2009-03-25, 08:48 PM
Pollux nods. "Very well, then. Wake me when it's my turn. If there is nothing else, friends, I will take my rest."

Wrapping himself tighter in his cloak, the thief simply puts his back to a tree and prepares to sleep.

charl
2009-03-26, 02:25 AM
Dorian shrugs and goes to sleep.

Squark
2009-03-27, 09:24 PM
The night is quiet, apart from an occasional hoot from an owl. Watch passes uneventfully, and by mid-morning, you are ready to head out. You think you can even spy a fortress in the distance, and Mirella nods her head when you look to her and says, That's definitely my home. I can see the Varleth* river from here. It's relatively fast running, but there's a ford that lines up with the keep from here. I remember running across it with ease a few times when I was younger, and trust me, its a lot harder to run in a dress than it is in metal armor. Believe me, I've done both.

*Meaning Swift Waters in Elvish

Verdigris
2009-03-27, 09:47 PM
"I can believe it, miss. Though I reckon that we will make it across just fine, even if we do get a little damp."

Pollux will keep alert as they near the ford. While he doesn't necessarily anticipate an ambush, a ford such as this one would be an optimum location for one to take place. He will stay a few paces ahead of the party, and follow Mirella's directions towards the water.

Mina Kobold
2009-03-29, 12:28 PM
Math follow the other while mumbling a few words now and then (he's making sure that he'll remember his spell and other things like that)

charl
2009-03-29, 12:43 PM
Dorian nods in agreement with Pollux. "I am sure it will be no problem." Dorian rides in the front of the party as they near the ford, ready to protect against attackers.

Squark
2009-03-29, 01:19 PM
OOC: Rides? You don't have enough gold to buy a donkey, much less a horse.

The trip passes uneventfully, and you are soon at the doors of the keep.

Squark
2009-04-13, 10:01 AM
The keep itself is not incredibly exciting, being fairly unremarkable as far as fortified structures go. From what you can see, there is an inner and outer bailey within the keep, separated by a stone wall. Atop the outer wall, a group of Blue-Clad men-at-arms shout at you to give your names and state your business. Mirella looks to you a bit uncomfortably, and gestures for you to introduce yourselves

Mina Kobold
2009-04-18, 02:38 PM
Math step forward with open hands (that's actually a gesture showing you're friendly, if you didn't know that:smallsmile:)and utter I am Math, mage of job, elf of name. Me and my companions are escorting these freed prisoners of the bandits to your mighty keep, I believe Mirella here has family in this keep in a friendly and respectful tone and gesture at Mirella when he mentions her.

OOC: Since this is very different from his normal sarcastic smartass behaviour I assume someone is looking surprised at Math, if that's correct then he'll answer "What? I've just learnt to have god manners" to hide his real reason to be friendly.

charl
2009-04-18, 03:07 PM
Dorian nods. "It is as my friend here says. My name is Dorian, and I am a priest of Lathander. We have been walking for days, and kindly ask for shelter and any aid you can spare."

Verdigris
2009-04-19, 09:22 AM
"Quite so. My name is Pollux," he introduces himself. "I myself am but a penniless traveler hoping to make his way in the borderlands. I should be very glad of a chance to enter the keep and rest for a time, and also to conduct Lady Mirella to safety as well."

Squark
2009-04-21, 07:33 PM
I am Kevrith, a hafling traveler who aided them in the rescue. Kevrith says nothing more, and seems somewhat morose and unfulfilled.

Mirella, seeing that the introductions are finished, then mentionsYes, here I am, Reggie. Yes, I know that's you. I think I smelled those dirty socks of yours halfway across the river. Honestly, you'd think the man never washed.

Your hygiene aside, I am quite eager to see my father again. I can only imagine how worried he's been.

You are quickly escorted into the keep, where Mirella is quickly hurried into the inner bailey, and you are directed to the inn. That afternoon, a messenger arrives, inviting the group of you to a banquet in honor of Mirella's rescuers. Upon receiving the message, Kevrith remarks, You can go if you want, but to be honest, I just want to get away from here. He seems very depressed. It occurs to you that you don't actually know much about your Hafling Tracker, beyond his previously outspoken hatred for bandits.

EDIT: The Messenger also mentions that you can pick up clothes for the banquet in the inner bailey

Verdigris
2009-04-24, 08:42 PM
Pollux will eagerly prepare himself for the banquet; he will clean himself as best he is able, and happily take advantage of the offer of fresh clothes. He hopes to look as presentable as possible, and will also take the opportunity to shave his long stubble, the only physical remnant of his short captivity.

"Well, are you ready, friends?"

Mina Kobold
2009-04-25, 07:19 AM
Math Washes his face and hands, sets his hair and also take advantage of the free clothes and wear a black outfit with red coloring on the inner side

Yeah. I'm ready he reply to Pollux and turn at Kevrith and say I understand that there's something wrong, mind telling us what in a (faked) friendly tone.

OOC: Here's an OotS picture of him
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9539/math11.png
Is it just me or do he remind you of someone too:smallconfused::smalltongue:

charl
2009-04-25, 07:49 AM
Dorian freshes himself up with some water and new clothes, then goes to the banquet.

Squark
2009-04-26, 07:28 PM
Kevrith Sighs, '"My entire village was wiped out by bandits during the iron plague. I was out hunting when it happened. When I got back..." He pauses for a moment.
The devastation... people were lying in the street, in their houses. But one thing really got me. I started looking for survivors who'd hid. I found a small child who'd tried to hide. His little broken body, with his head caved in... Kevrith pauses again, and stares into his drink, "That's why I signed up for this. I wanted revenge. I got it. But I saw that bandit leader's head caved in... I didn't see a bandit who'd murdered without a thought. I saw the crumpled body of a hafling child who'd tried to hide from the massacre of his village.

Kevrith then begins to sob slightly.

Verdigris
2009-04-27, 06:00 PM
Pollux places his hand on the halfling's shoulder. "Revenge is never sweet, but teaches us nonetheless what is in our souls. Though you have shed blood, Kevrith, you have not become a monster like those dead bandits. Take comfort in that fact, even if your deeds are not to your liking."

Mina Kobold
2009-04-28, 09:55 AM
Who said that doing the right thing was nice? Math utter Will it help to say that no-one will experience the same as you from him ever again he then smiles and say Come to the banquet, I'm sure you'll get better

Squark
2009-07-23, 04:00 PM
Kevrith shakes his head, You guys are made of stronger stuff than me. I just need to find a quiet hafling village and forget about all this. I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to take another life.

Mina Kobold
2009-07-25, 03:36 AM
Math thinks about Kevrith's comment and answer I think I understand, maybe you should try looking forward instead of backward, pursue your dreams of a peaceful life and lay it all behind you. But I'm not the best adviser on these things
Math shooks his head
I can't say you have to come but the banquet is in our honour and I'm sure it will help you cheer up.

OOC: Best I can say, I'm not the best adviser either.