PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Dragon

evil-frosty
2009-02-13, 11:06 PM
How would i go around making one? What changes, what to take away, their breath weapon? Things like that. I am wondering where to start and what to do exactly.

Assassin89
2009-02-13, 11:09 PM
Apply the half-dragon template to a dragon in order to create a hybrid dragon. As for the abilities, look in the srd and reading a template (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#readingATemplate)

Woodsman
2009-02-13, 11:10 PM
Likely just add a half-dragon template to another dragon.

You'd likely need to fudge the ability adjustments, some, depending on what kind of dragon(s).

evil-frosty
2009-02-14, 12:22 PM
ok Thank you. I didnt know if it would be different because it's 2 dragons. Either way it will be unique.

Olo Demonsbane
2009-02-14, 02:21 PM
I love half dragon dragons!

I've played a solo with a half-silver gold dragon.

A fix I recomend (because it makes sense) is that you either make the breath weapon do half one energy type and half the other.

The only problem is that a half-brass half gold dragon is stronger than a standard gold, even though brass is weaker than gold...

lisiecki
2009-02-14, 04:03 PM
ok Thank you. I didnt know if it would be different because it's 2 dragons. Either way it will be unique.

Its still a half dragon
Its just that the other half is also a dragon

herrhauptmann
2009-02-14, 04:47 PM
Its still a half dragon
Its just that the other half is also a dragon

Chief grukgruk half orc. Other half also orc. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0555.html)

have I been ninja'd?

evil-frosty
2009-02-14, 11:41 PM
yes apparently u have

@demonsbane: now how would that exactly work when its a black and red, ones a cone and the other a line and radically different?

lisiecki
2009-02-14, 11:57 PM
yes apparently u have

@demonsbane: now how would that exactly work when its a black and red, ones a cone and the other a line and radically different?

Its just good comedy really...

poxjedi
2009-02-15, 03:31 AM
Half dragon T-rex.

Or just add a whole bunch of character levels. Don't add caster levels, that's pointless- it can already cast spells that are better and if you do make it a high enough level caster to take on the PCs it'll be either far too weak physically or far too strong magically.

There are some fun character levels I can think to add...
Paladin Gold Dragon (that's just cool)
Rogue Black Dragon (sneak attack damage is always fun, cast invisibility and sneak up on the group's caster...)
Druid Green Dragon (Animal Companion: any big dinosaur, with a Half-Dragon template slapped on for good measure)

Other ideas:
Give it a burrow speed.
Gaze attack.
Choose a magic item >:D make it a huge sized item for a huge sized dragon so the PC's can't easily steal or destroy it (or make use of it after they win). Boots of teleportation, Mattock of the Titans, Mask of Skull, robe of eyes, Helm of Brilliance or a ring of three wishes with just one wish left...

Kyeudo
2009-02-15, 03:43 AM
I've always favored the pink dragon. A half-white red dragon angry with the world for being teased by other dragons for not being a proper color. Also immune to cold and fire, so it doesn't have the standard elemental weaknesses.

Zenos
2009-02-15, 05:37 AM
I've always favored the pink dragon. A half-white red dragon angry with the world for being teased by other dragons for not being a proper color. Also immune to cold and fire, so it doesn't have the standard elemental weaknesses.

II am SO trying that next time there is a higher-level game with a lenient gamemaster.

BobVosh
2009-02-15, 06:32 AM

II am SO trying that next time there is a higher-level game with a lenient gamemaster.

Lol. Been thought through before. My favorite variation with it is to have a wizard controlling. Then its Pinky and the Brain.

Ravens_cry
2009-02-15, 07:12 AM
Lol. Been thought through before. My favorite variation with it is to have a wizard controlling. Then its Pinky and the Brain.
NARF!

They’re Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
One is a genius - the other’s insane.
Both half-draconic the two
Ones other half's dragon, true

They're immensely, they’re Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain.

insecure
2009-02-15, 07:37 AM
NARF!

They’re Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
One is a genius - the other’s insane.
Both half-draconic the two
Ones other half's dragon, true

They're immensely, they’re Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain.

Thread has officially been won.