PDA

View Full Version : An idea on the deal with a devil. Possible spoiler.

Myou
2009-02-14, 05:51 AM
If Vaarsuvius has to sign some sort of contract, which it appears he does, then it may be the case that he will be saved by Celia, whose only talent seems to be legal contracts (although talent may be too strong a word).

It would follow the subversive pattern Rich favours and would be a good way to take at least a step to redeeming the much-reviled Celia.

This isn't what I expect to happen, Rich loves to avoid doing what people expect, but it just struck me as an interesting possibility.

SkredlitheOgre
2009-02-14, 08:32 AM
I think that, yes, Vaarsuvius will have to sign a contract. She will gain power, but I don't think it's likely to be Ultimate Arcane Power. What I HOPE is that Celia will find out, try to intervene, and V, in a fit of rage, blasts Celia into the next county.

Seriously, V is an adult and as such, can make her own decisions. Celia could TRY to get her out of it, but those things (deals with the Devil) tend to be kinda binding. Besides, it's not like V doesn't know what she's getting into.

Optimystik
2009-02-14, 08:35 AM
That's assuming that Celia would even want to help him after this goes down.

And any plan that involves more Celia is a plan I can do without, personally.

hewhosaysfish
2009-02-14, 09:11 AM
[i]Celia?![/bi] *froths* Burn! Death! Kill!

Seriously, though: I don't think that Celia will be able to help V in any way, given that by the time Celia get to look at the contract, V will have already signed it. The best Celia will be able to do is to read it, pale and tell V "You're screwed".

Kaytara
2009-02-14, 11:16 AM
Even if the deal was still up for re-negotiation by the time Celia would get there, I somehow doubt that an inexperienced paralegal (whose achievements to date have been winning a rigged trial and a contract that saved her client's enemies at the cost of her client) will be too good at bargaining with the ultimate big dogs in the deepest circle of hell who've been doing this for centuries.

Myou
2009-02-14, 12:08 PM
That's assuming that Celia would even want to help him after this goes down.

And any plan that involves more Celia is a plan I can do without, personally.

Trust me, I'm against even retuning to Haley's subplot because it means seeing more of Celia, but this just stikes me as something Rich might do.

Even if the deal was still up for re-negotiation by the time Celia would get there, I somehow doubt that an inexperienced paralegal (whose achievements to date have been winning a rigged trial and a contract that saved her client's enemies at the cost of her client) will be too good at bargaining with the ultimate big dogs in the deepest circle of hell who've been doing this for centuries.

The idea was that Rich might have her resolve things by finding a loophole despite how it seems impossible, to try to redeem her a little and show that she isn't a total moron (despite acting like one) and that he can accomplish things.

I'm not suggesting it's likely, it just seems like Rich's style to me. It would almost certainly be played for laughs since an incarnation of pure law and evil would have been found to have screwed up on a contract and left his victim a way out.