PDA

View Full Version : [spoiler] Your halfling ranger has been eaten by a dragon. You die...?

Winthur
2009-02-14, 07:05 AM
I just had this idea. If my understanding of English is proper, then the imp can teleport Belkar to help Vaarsuvius - his weight is 30 lbs (from the toilet strip)... or is it how much he can pick up with him?... - feebly, but still, and he might do it out of "play the game" sake. And he, uh, dies.

A longshot, but you haven't been a Playgrounder until you came up with some silly theory.

Spiryt
2009-02-14, 07:19 AM
50 pounds of unliving material.

Guran
2009-02-14, 07:28 AM
So all we have to do is stab Belkar trough the heart and res him when the imp has arrived on the intended location?

Myou
2009-02-14, 07:49 AM
Epileptic Trees, Unite!

Assassin89
2009-02-14, 08:14 AM
Epileptic Trees, Unite!

Time to sharpen the axe and chop down those trees.

I doubt Belkar would be able to fight the dragon effectively.

Myou
2009-02-14, 08:22 AM
Time to sharpen the axe and chop down those trees.

I doubt Belkar would be able to fight the dragon effectively.

Especially after just losing a level, but hey, when has logic ever gotten in the way of reckless speculation?

The Bookworm
2009-02-14, 09:47 AM
He just beat Bozzok and Crystal, so he's bound to have gotten some XP. Also, he may have gotten roleplaying XP for "play the game." Maybe he's gone up a level!

Spiky
2009-02-14, 09:54 AM
Maybe the dragon will be kind enough to Resurrect him for you! :smallconfused:

Optimystik
2009-02-14, 10:11 AM
He just beat Bozzok and Crystal, so he's bound to have gotten some XP. Also, he may have gotten roleplaying XP for "play the game." Maybe he's gone up a level!

Myou is referring to the level he would have lost as part of the "stab-Belkar-and-teleport-the-body" plan.

Kato
2009-02-14, 11:29 AM
Of yourse, it all makes sense now! The imp will meet Belkar, tell him the story, Belkar will kill himself, therefore earning enough XP by killing/roleplaying to handle the loss of the level and will then be teleported to the dragon to kill it! Great, hehe. (The ressurection will be done by V of yourse who has achieved ultimate arcane power none the lesse but still needs B to... er... because s/he loves him. period. makes perfectly sense, doesn't it?

Myou
2009-02-14, 11:59 AM
Myou is referring to the level he would have lost as part of the "stab-Belkar-and-teleport-the-body" plan.

Thank you for clarifying that, I hadn't meant to be quite so ambiguous.

Also there's the matter of the raise dead spell. I don't think it's on the Baker spell list.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-14, 02:54 PM
Rangers can't cast Raise Dead. (I'll check Crystal Keep to see if Mystic Rangers can in a minute). What is an Epileptic Tree? I saw them being mentioned on another thread just now.

EDIT: According to page 185 of http://crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf , Mystic Rangers don't get Raise Dead.

Myou
2009-02-14, 03:05 PM
Rangers can't cast Raise Dead. (I'll check Crystal Keep to see if Mystic Rangers can in a minute). What is an Epileptic Tree? I saw them being mentioned on another thread just now.

EDIT: According to page 185 of http://crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf , Mystic Rangers don't get Raise Dead.

Epileptic trees (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EpilepticTrees) are from TVTropes, a site Rich sometimes references in the comic.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-14, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the explanation (I don't like TV Tropes at all, so I never look at it unless I need something explaining :smalltongue:). I don't know if a lot of these theories would come under that catagory; while Belkar isn't likely to die yet in my view, that would at least get the party together, and it would fit in with Belkar's fake character development.

Porthos
2009-02-14, 03:24 PM
Errrr...

Who would cast Raise Dead on Belkar (followed by a Heal spell, if we're going to be picky)? And how would the caster get there? :smallsmile:

Myou
2009-02-14, 03:37 PM
Errrr...

Who would cast Raise Dead on Belkar (followed by a Heal spell, if we're going to be picky)? And how would the caster get there? :smallsmile:

Durkon, riding on a broomstick hewn from a branch of the epileptic tree, which he will slay.

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-14, 03:39 PM
I have no idea. I was just answering to the comment Myou made about Rangers and Raise Dead. (I knew Mystic Rangers had access to some level 5 spells). I'm guessing nobody would be likely to want to raise hm unless he can fool Durkon.

Porthos
2009-02-14, 03:40 PM
Durkon, riding on a broomstick hewn from a branch of the epileptic tree, which he will slay.

Is this were I mention that Raise Dead has a 1 minute (i.e. 10 rounds) casting time? Or should I hold off on that? :smalltongue:

I have no idea. I was just answering to the comment Myou made about Rangers and Raise Dead. (I knew Mystic Rangers had access to some level 5 spells). I'm guessing nobody would be likely to want to raise hm unless he can fool Durkon.

Don't worry, I wasn't referring to you, but addressing the thread at large. :smallsmile:

Also, I did want to remind people that Raise Dead is NOT a combat spell. I tend to think that unless the ABD is heavily distracted it's gonna be able to chow down on Clan V in under 10 rounds. :smallwink:

Yes, it might take time to gloat. But I can't see the ABD gloating while someone is casting Raise Dead in the background. That's a tree too far for yours truly. :smallsmile:

Myou
2009-02-14, 04:06 PM

Errr, I said baker, not ranger. It was a joke. ^^;

Is this were I mention that Raise Dead has a 1 minute (i.e. 10 rounds) casting time? Or should I hold off on that? :smalltongue:

Don't worry, he has Invisibility as a spell-like ability because he's secretly a pixie, not a dwarf. :3

King of Nowhere
2009-02-14, 05:07 PM
Epileptic Trees, Unite!
Ok, the dragon will be killed by Miko. Seeing the dragon near V, she will deduce that said dragon is in league with the order, thus evil, and she will defeat her. Then she will defeat V. then she will exterminate exact justice on all the village, since they were clearly in league with an evildoer.
Then someone will ask "But weren't you dead?" And she will disappear in that way (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0321.html)

Aristeidis
2009-02-14, 07:13 PM
EVERYBODY knows the one sure way to transport people!!!!
To put them in a bag of holding!!! Most people fit through the hole and they can breathe normally for 10 minutes! It says so in the description of the bag!

That's what we always did in our dnd party. A few party members on a big bag of holding (type 4) and one casting teleport (if we had too many people to be carried!).... ;-P

Studoku
2009-02-15, 07:50 AM
The dragon is Therkla.

While we're discussing epeliptic trees, I may as well mention this one- it's been a while since I saw it.

Tichrondrius
2009-02-15, 07:57 AM
Unliving material? Combining trees- Belkar will be undead by then. No problem. :smallwink:

Myou
2009-02-15, 10:16 AM
The dragon is Therkla.

While we're discussing epeliptic trees, I may as well mention this one- it's been a while since I saw it.

You say that's a real theory?
Why would anyone think that? o.O

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-15, 10:43 AM
Sorry about misreading what you said about Raise Dead. The Bag of Holding idea is interresting (Belkar should be able to hold his breath for a few seconds).

Pronounceable
2009-02-15, 10:59 AM
...Thread looks like a message from a particularly weird rougelike...

Kish
2009-02-15, 11:05 AM
You say that's a real theory?
Why would anyone think that? o.O
Since when is an epileptic tree a real theory?

...Or something anyone would actually think?

Tempest Fennac
2009-02-15, 11:10 AM
If people didn;t think about these things, these threads wouldn't exist. :smalltongue: Rich is excellent at bringing surprising twists into the story, so looking at possible future developments from a more surreal stand-point may actually help in some cases.

Logalmier
2009-02-15, 11:43 AM
It would be impossible to res Belkar inside a dragons stomach. What V should do is smash the rocks on the island, and then have Qarr teleport them into the dragons stomach. Voila! Instant cramps and stomach pain.

And for those of you that ask how familiar could Qarr be with the inside of a black dragons stomach, I say Pah! Of course Qarr has been eaten by a dragon before. Maybe not a black dragon, but close enough. Devils make tasty snacks. Sort of like meatballs (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0619.html), only spicier.