PDA

View Full Version : [Feats] Spelltouched Feats

Fax Celestis
2006-09-21, 08:27 PM
Spelltouched feats were introduced in Unearthed Arcana. I find them nifty and have made some of my own.

Knifecatcher
Prerequisites: Exposure to cloud of knives and telekinesis
Once per round, when ou are attacked with a thrown weapon, you may immediately make a Will save, where the DC is equal to the weapon's attack roll. If you are successful, the thrown weapon does not strike you and instead begins hovering nxt to you. On your next turn, you may make a ranged attack with this weapon (as if you had thrown it) as a free action. This attack is performed at an attack bonus of one-half your class levels plus your Wisdom modifier. It deals damage as normal for a weapon of its type, including any magical enhancements it may possess. If you do not attack with the weapon on your first turn after "acquiring" it, it falls to the ground.

Antiteleportation Reflexes
Prerequisites: Exposure to baleful transposition and dimension shuffle
Whenever a spell--or an effect emlulating a spell--of the (Teleportation) subschool is used on you, you may make a Reflex save in addition to any other saving throws or defenses you may have. If your Reflex save is successful, you are not a valid target for any spell or effect emulating a spell of the (Teleportation) subschool for the next minute. The DC for the Reflex save is as normal for resisting the effects of a spell.

Rockbody
Prerequisite: Must have successfully saved against flesh to stone or a similar effect by a margin no greater than three points
An atempt to petrify you has instead made you tougher. You gain 2 points of natural armor class and DR 2/- from your stonelike skin. Your speed in all forms of movement but flight is reduced by 5'. You lose any natural ability to fly.

Channeling Boost
Prerequisites: Exposure to bull's strength, cat's grace, bear's endurance, fox's cunning, owl's wisdom, eagle's splendor, animalistic power, and chasing perfection; must have successfully saved against an ability-draining spell
Your exposure to amplifying and reducing magic has made you able to channel certain magical energies into beneficial powers. Whenever you are targeted by a spell that would normally drain you of an ability score and has a saving throw for half, partial, or no effect, you receive two saving throws. If you fail both, the spell takes effect as normal. If you succeed on one, the spell's reduced effect afflicts you. If you succeed on both saving throws, you instead gain a bonus equal to the amount of loss you would have suffered to the ability score in question. This bonus lasts for the same duration of the spell that triggered this ability. If the triggering spell's duration was "Permanent", you instead gain this bonus for one minute. For stacking purposes, treat this bonus as a circumstance bonus.

martyboy74
2006-09-21, 09:22 PM
Just asking, but don't the spelltouched feats usually have a requirement of: exposure to x or y?

Edit: Also, what's with the new name?

Fizban
2006-09-21, 10:00 PM
He's changed it at least 5 times since yesterday.

Anyway, ummmmm, what happens if you pump your fort save and fight a wraith....bonus permanent con looks like. But I could be reading wrong.

The Demented One
2006-09-21, 10:01 PM
He changes it whenever he logs in.

Fax Celestis
2006-09-21, 10:08 PM
He's changed it at least 5 times since yesterday.

Anyway, ummmmm, what happens if you pump your fort save and fight a wraith....bonus permanent con looks like. But I could be reading wrong.
I'll add the clause: "If the duration of the drain is permanent, you only gain the bonus for 1 minute."

In addition, the feat reads "spell", not "spell or ability", so an allip or wraith wouldn't tigger anything.

Fax Celestis
2006-09-21, 10:08 PM
Just asking, but don't the spelltouched feats usually have a requirement of: exposure to x or y?

Edit: Also, what's with the new name?
Usually, but so what?

Also, I'm changing my name every time I log in. For kicks, really.