PDA

View Full Version : Junk Mail

Totally Guy
2009-02-14, 01:40 PM
Who doesn't get ten of these a week?

I don't. In the last 6 and half years since I moved out I've lived in 7 different houses. So maybe they've never been able to keep up with me.

Is it really like that? Ten a week? If I was getting that much I'd be pretty angry with it.

Sneak
2009-02-14, 01:53 PM
On my old hotmail account, I used to get a zillion penis enlargement spam mail, etc. Then I switched to gmail and stopped getting any.

Now I mainly use my school email, and I get junk mail again, albeit a different kind. I (stupidly) checked that little box when I took my PSATS that says "send your scores to colleges, blah blah." Well, apparently every college in the US got my scores, and decided to email me. And mail stuff to my house.

At least some of them are from schools that I might be interested in going in, i.e. Williams, Carleton, Wesleyan, Swarthmore, etc. But still, I mean, I'm only a sophomore, and colleges are already trying to recruit me. :smallannoyed:

At least I know I'm smart. :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-02-14, 01:58 PM
Lucky for me, Gmail is smart at filtering spam mail. Ever since I got it, I didn't get any more than two or three spams mails in my inbox. The rest of it gets filtered directly to spam. But there are a lot of those indeed.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-14, 02:28 PM
yay for having really random e-mail andresses.

snoopy13a
2009-02-14, 02:47 PM
Guys, I think he means actual junk mail not e-mail.

I probably get around 12 or pieces a week. Some days I get no junk mail, other times I get 3 or 4. Luckily, there is a garbage can next to my apartment mailbox so I do a quick one minute sort to filter out my bills.

onasuma
2009-02-14, 03:07 PM
Lucky for me, Gmail is smart at filtering spam mail. Ever since I got it, I didn't get any more than two or three spams mails in my inbox. The rest of it gets filtered directly to spam. But there are a lot of those indeed.

In a completly different strain, I use googlemail to pull in as much spam as I can for my scam baiting. They do a treat for finding viruses, but dont seem to register Mr. Jim Ovia's offer of $18,500,000 as any threat.

Assassin89
2009-02-14, 04:33 PM
I don't get much spam either as I also use Gmail.

BizzaroStormy
2009-02-14, 05:36 PM
I don't get hardly any mail at all (normal or email) let alone junk mail. Now phones calls are a different story, both telemarketers and collection agencies get a very high-pitched scream as soon as I find out im talking to a human. one time they actually had the gall to call back and cuss me out about it.

Mauve Shirt
2009-02-14, 05:41 PM
I don't get any mail at all here, but sometimes I do get junkmail at my home address. Like 1 a month at most, though, not 10 a week.

Phaedra
2009-02-14, 05:47 PM
I don't get any junk mail addressed to me, but I do get mail for what seems like every single previous resident of my flat, most of which looks to be junk. And yeah, I get about ten a week or more. I wish they'd tell people they don't live here anymore.

Email-wise I get quite a bit at my personal address, but I find it vaguely amusing to get emails asking me if I want my penis enlarged. My work email is spam free, happily.

Darkcomet
2009-02-14, 06:22 PM
I used to get a lot of junk mail. I eventually got lazy about checking my email, and when I did check, I had over two thousand pieces of junk mail to sift through. :smalleek:

Helanna
2009-02-14, 06:57 PM
Now I mainly use my school email, and I get junk mail again, albeit a different kind. I (stupidly) checked that little box when I took my PSATS that says "send your scores to colleges, blah blah." Well, apparently every college in the US got my scores, and decided to email me. And mail stuff to my house.

This high-school junior feels your pain. Acutely. It's bad for me - apparently I got a perfect score on the English section and the liberal arts schools won't leave me alone, and I want to go to a technology school! The other day I opened my email to find 64 emails waiting for me. How many colleges are in this country?! (You know, I think one of the emails told me how many . . .)