PDA

View Full Version : Outsider Incarnation

Albonor
2009-02-15, 11:14 AM
Hi,

The party I'm Dming for will face, at the end of the campain, a Demon Prince ("homebrewed", I'm taking a ha-Naga from Serpent Kingdom and tunrning it into an Outsider with the Tanar'i subtype). But chances are that it will be quite a difficult fight for them, with casualities pretty much assured.

Now, I don't mind the final fight being the (even if temporary) demise of a few PCs, it is the right day to die after all, but since this fight could very well last for many hours, some players might be disapointed in simply watching the encounter all night if they failled a save at round 2.

Keeping with the theme of the campain (the blood war allowed a powerful Balor to wreck the Prime in his attempt to become a Demon Prince), every character is now tied in some way to the cosmic forces of the universe.

I would like to offer them, if they died, to be sent by by their gods, or very powerful allies as corresponding outsider. It is pretty easy in some cases but not for all.

The party (all around ECL 17-18 for that fight):

The former bard now prestige paladin (human)

The shadowbane stalker- Demonwrecker (female human, NG, paladin's paramour)

The half-orc druid with a level in dracolyte (LN, allied to a silver dragon)

The elven soldier- hellreaver (LG, worships the same deity as the paladin)

The gnomish necromancer - fleshwarper/renegate mastermaker (we mixed the PrC, N)

Now, for the paladin I imagined an Archon of some sort but what for the others? And what type of archon? appropriate ECL? lower and then add the paladin levels?

Any suggestion on corresponding outsiders and how to modify them? I really like the idea of waiting a round and then taking a player aside to them him "Your goddess offers you to skip your eternal rest and start right now to fight for the greater good. If you say yes she can send you can to the abyss to help your friends on last time"