PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Reunion between Haley and Elan

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-15, 12:07 PM
The party's gonna get back together eventually. We have word from Rich that it will happen. However, nearly everyone in the party has changed significantly due to events in the recent story arc. When the party gets back together, I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of conflict between the Order members, particularly Haley and Elan. Knowning Elan, he won't explain what happened with Therkla, Vaarsuvius, and Kubota very well. Both have changed drastically, and I can't see them being the same together after what's happened. Thoughts?

Optimystik
2009-02-15, 12:21 PM
"You cut your hair."

hobbitkniver
2009-02-15, 02:01 PM
"You cut your hair."

I'd think her hair would grow back by the time they meet again.

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-15, 03:52 PM
I'd think her hair would grow back by the time they meet again.

With how long it was, and how short it is now, I doubt it'll be any longer than shoulder-lengh by the time they're reunited. Then again, knowing Elan, he probably wouldn't notice any change at all.

Vemynal
2009-02-15, 04:06 PM
i hope not, its been awhile as is...

Ron Miel
2009-02-15, 06:09 PM
Shadow;5779899']With how long it was, and how short it is now, I doubt it'll be any longer than shoulder-lengh by the time they're reunited. Then again, knowing Elan, he probably wouldn't notice any change at all.

My prediction:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97305

Carnivorous_Bea
2009-02-15, 06:55 PM
I predict that they'll be reunited in the Chaotic Good afterlife :smallamused: .... this is Elan's happy ending.

King of Nowhere
2009-02-16, 05:40 AM
Actually, Elan did nothing with therkla, so no reason to hide. I'm almost sure Haley will understand

Janmorel
2009-02-19, 10:49 PM
I bet that Elan will notice Haley's new bow long before he notices her hair.

I don't think Haley will be upset about Therkla -- there was never any there there. I think she will be quite upset about V, especially if things go as badly for hir as they appear to be headed at the moment. I don't know if she'll blame Elan at all, but I doubt she'll be that impressed with the way things were handled.

SmartAlec
2009-02-19, 11:06 PM
There will be arguing, I'll bet. Haley and Elan's reunion will be part of the overall reunion of the Order, and accusations and arguments will be flying thick and fast. Between the Therkla issue, the murdering-Kubota issue and the likely V-selling-soul issue, the reunited Order will quickly devolve into a shouting match.

And then Roy is resurrected, and - through a combination of natural authority and his in-depth knowledge of all that's been going on - sorts everything out.

David Argall
2009-02-20, 02:19 AM
Actually, Elan did nothing with therkla, so no reason to hide. I'm almost sure Haley will understand

Actually, that is why Haley won't understand. Elan will likely "explain" the situation in a way that will convince any woman he was guilty as sin.
And as said, Elan won't notice her hair. Haley tho will agonize over it and wonder just what sort of message Elan is trying to send.

LurkerInPlayground
2009-02-20, 03:47 AM
I'm not convinced that either Haley or Elan changed very much.

Belkar sure. V sure.

Just not Haley or Elan. Neither have really radically changed their personality or perspectives.

Scarlet Knight
2009-02-20, 03:56 PM
I imagine them flying into each others arms. Then, after a tender reunion, Haley asking Elan if he noticed anything different about her. Elan ( after first guessing that she lost weight) notices Haley's hair, runs out to buy a watch ( or a comb, I can't decide), assuming she cut her hair & bought a watch chain for him.

Zherog
2009-02-20, 04:47 PM

Belkar sure. V sure.

Just not Haley or Elan. Neither have really radically changed their personality or perspectives.

I think Haley "grew up" quite a bit, actually.

LurkerInPlayground
2009-02-20, 11:16 PM
I think Haley "grew up" quite a bit, actually.
I suppose this begs clarification on my part.

Yes, Haley took responsibility and yes, it's not a role she's used to. But the ability for her to do so was always there. She only did it because she really had no other choice. Elan is more likely to feel proud of her and find her sexier than ever.

Belkar, by contrast, has changed in such a way that the fundamental nature of his relationships with others is forever altered. And that part is actually shocking.

Hence the qualifier: "much."

[TS] Shadow
2009-02-21, 11:32 AM

Belkar sure. V sure.

Read Elan's eulogy for Therkla and his talk with Hinjo after V left and tell me he hasn't changed.

Kaytara
2009-02-21, 11:46 AM
Shadow;5799926']Read Elan's eulogy for Therkla and his talk with Hinjo after V left and tell me he hasn't changed.

The eulogy, I agree with - at the very least, Elan is trying to be responsible while earlier he wouldn't even have bothered. But his talk with Hinjo? Good-naturedly trying to cover up for a teammate (even one who is not a very nice person) is perfectly in-character for Elan. Completely failing at it is in-character as well.

Now, if Elan had actually gone ahead and told Hinjo exactly what had happened to Kubota, without concern for Vaarsuvius, THEN it could be argued that he's changed in a very significant manner, at least to the extent that he would be willing to tell on a teammate and take responsibility for whatever that results in.