PDA

View Full Version : Universal Smash Bros 3: Recruitment thread! ALL SLOTS FILLED! Woohoo!

PhantomFox
2009-02-15, 01:18 PM
That's right! It's back, and better than ever! Welcome to...

Universal Smash Bros 3: Heroes' Resurgance!

Narrator: PhantomFox
Co-narrator: Alarra!
Game Start: March 1st

This is the game where everyone, yes EVERYONE, has a role! Nobody is left out! Everyone has a unique and useful contribution to make to their team! It's going to be wild and crazy, but the core concepts are still the same as you're average werewolf!

But wait! What's that you say? You're not sure you'll get a role you like? Not a problem! During recruitment, you can PM me 1 role you like, and 1 role you dislike, and I may or may not take that into consideration! You aren't guaranteed the role you want, and you may get stuck with a role you're not fond of if the cards fall that way. So don't get any smarty pants ideas trying to collude with other players using this, since it might not work! :smallbiggrin:

The Bulletin Board will make its return in this game. PM me a message that you want posted annonmyously, and the narrators will put it up (when we get around to it).

Player List 49/49:
Aemoh
Allysian
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the Maked Llama
Banjo1985
Blue Umbrella
Calamity
Catseye2121
Dallas-Dakota
DarkComet
Deathslayer7
Detrevnisisiht
Dirk Kris
Dr. Bath
Duos
FF Fanboy
Fin
Frigs
Gnome_4ever
GoC
Griever
Happyturtle
Helgraf
Hero 1.0
Iceddragons
Istari
Kyouhen
Lex-kat
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
LordRod
Mechafox
Mordokai
Mustiado
Murska
Oradow
Pondshadow
Selrahc
Shadowcaller
Someonenonotyou
Supagoof
Szilard
TehSheen
The Valiant Turtle
Trixie
TwoBitWriter
Uncle Festy
Wolfbane
Zar Peter
Zaragon

Heroes: (Win condition - Survive and defeat villains)
1-6) Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Daisy, Peach, Toad, etc. - Team Mario (Masons)

7) Link - Blade of Evil's Bane (Baner) NIGHT ACTION

8) Zelda - Triforce of Wisdom (Seer) NIGHT ACTION

9) Tingle - (Fool) NIGHT ACTION

10) Samus - Charge Shot (Via PM, Samus may negate her own point to add 1 to her next point, max charge 3) NIGHT ACTION

11) Fox - Reflector (Up to two points at Fox get redirected to another player of Fox's choice) DAY ACTION

12) Falco - Hey Einstein! (Knows if Fox or Krystal voted the same way as he did) PASSIVE ACTION

13) Krystal - Telepath (Knows who was scried, but not the result of the scry) PASSIVE ACTION

14) Kirby - Copy (May copy a randomly selected living target's ability for the day) NIGHT ACTION

15) Metaknight - Dimensional Cape (Metaknight may select a target and all abilities that get targeted at Metaknight get retargeted to his target. Does not work on Villain kills. 1 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

16) Pikachu - Cuteness (The person who points before Pikachu secretly has his point changed to the same as Pikachu's) PASSIVE ACTION

17) Jigglypuff - Sing (Can cause one player to fall asleep each day, negating their point for the next day) NIGHT ACTION

18) Pokemon Trainer - I choose you! (Can double someone's point each day) DAY ACTION

19) Ness - PSI Magnet (All special abilities targeted at Ness aside from banes and kills fail. Knows if he is targeted, but not what or by whom) PASSIVE ACTION

20) Captain Falcon - Falcon... PUNCH! (Night kill. Three day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

21) Marth - Critical hit (If part of a bandwagon that sucessfully kills a villain, point counts as 3 the next day) PASSIVE ACTION

22) DK - DK Hand Slap (Target a player. Any other abilities targeting that player results in the ability failing, and the user being slapped into the ground, revealing to the public who was slapped, but not what they were trying to do. NIGHT ACTION

23) Diddy Kong - Rocketbarrels (Can scry during the night with X% accuracy, where X = 20 * number of days ability has not been used) NIGHT ACTION

24) Dixie Kong - Helicopter Spin (Any abilities or night kills that target Dixie take effect one day later than usual) PASSIVE ACTION

25-26) Popo & Nana (Ice Climbers) - Belay (When pointing at the same person, may reduce the total number of points against either of them by 2. Start off knowing each other) DAY ACTION

27) Pit - Wings of Iccarus (Becomes immune to Night kills for one night. 2 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

28) Mr. Game & Watch - Oil Panik (Uses the bucket to catch one point at him per day, negating the point, max of three. Once bucket is full, can point at someone worth 3 points. Points at self do not activate this ability) DAY ACTION

29) Ike - Counter (May make his point worth negative one instead of positive one) DAY ACTION

30) Captain Olimar - Pikmin toss (When pointing at a person, this also throws a pikmin at that person. For the next two days after, that person gets an extra vote against him. One pikmin on any person at a time) PASSIVE ACTION

31) Lucario - Reversal (Lucario's point is increased by 1 for every 10 Nintendo players that die) PASSIVE ACTION

32) Lucas - PK Freeze (Can lock a target's special ability for the next cycle. 1 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

33) Wario - Garlic (Due to his stink, any ability used on Wario fails, and the user will not able to use that ability the next day) PASSIVE ACTION

3rd Parties:
1) Sonic - You're too slow! (Can change one person point to match his own as long as they point after he does. Does not count if Sonic changes his point) DAY ACTION

2) Snake - Cardboard box (Using the increadibly stealthy tactic of the box, he can scry with a 2 day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

3) Master Chief - Overshield (Has a shield with three charges which each cancle out a point at him. A day where he doesn't recieve a point replenishes one charge)

4) Sly Cooper - Safecracker (Each night, Sly may steal a clue bottle from a player to find a clue to the combination of a safe. Successfully opening a safe will grant Sly three disguises which he can use to make a player scry as the disguise. Each safe has disguises from a different team)

5) Carmilita Fox- Untimely arrest (Carmelita my arrest a player, removing them for play for a day. She also learns who Sly's robs each night. If she arrests Sly, Sly recieves no more clues and Carmelita finds her shock pistol, allowing her to survive one lynching or night kill. 2 Day cooldown)

6) Banjo & Kazooie - Split Up (Can point at two different people per day. One in thread, one via PM. Also gives protection against first night kill or lynch, but loses all special abilities afterwards) PASSIVE ACTION

7) Pheonix Wright - OBJECTION! (Raises an objection, forcing target to change their vote for the day, or else have their next day's point invalidated) Day ACTION

Villains: (Wolves) Win by reducing the number all non-villain players to match their own
1) Bowser - Your victim is in another castle (Bowser may kidnap the lynch victim, preventing their identity from being known until the following dusk) DAY ACTION

2) Ridley - Destruction (Beast - Upon death, Ridley will randomly kill one player responsible for his death in retaliation) PASSIVE ACTION

3) Mewtwo - Mindreader (Devil - During the night, Mewtwo may learn the identity of one player) NIGHT ACTION

4) Wolf O'Donnel - Can't let you do that! (Targeted player's ability is unusable for the upcoming day/night cycle. If ability is on cooldown, adds one day cooldown) NIGHT ACTION

5) Sephiroth - Mind control (Control's target's point or special ability (if he knows it) for one day. If Sephiroth guesses incorrectly at what the target's special ability is, he is penalized with a one day cooldown. Can't use on same target consecutivly) NIGHT ACTION

6) Covenant Elite - Cloak (Scries as a character chosen at the start of the game) PASSIVE ACTION

7) King K. Rool - Feign Death (Once killed for the first time, within 3 days may resurrect himself) PASSIVE ACTION

8) Ganondorf - Triforce of Power (Power corrupts. Ganondorf may target somebody, corrupting them without their knowledge. That player has a X% chance to die each night, starting at 10% and doubling each time the player survives. Only one corrupted person at a time; 2 Day cooldown starting from the night the target dies) NIGHT ACTION

9) King Dedede - Waddle Dee Army (May make the target of his choice scry immune for the night by swarming them with Waddle Dees) NIGHT ACTION

Additional important rules:
1) Autolynch is set at 3 days of inactivity. People who are autolynched will be made to do something silly and slightly embarrassing as punishment. Don't worry, right now it's set at singing the "I'm Very Sorry Song".

2) Days are 48 hours long, nights also at 48 hours, though these may be shortened depending on how quick everyone is.

3) Roles will not be revealed on death, only team affiliation, with the exception of all "Classic" roles (Masons, Seer, Baner, and Devil)

4) Mass Role Gathering is NOT ALLOWED in any form. An example of this is "Hey guys, I'm role X, everyone send me their roles and we'll weed out the Villains!" This is not a legal strategy and will be punished.

5) Posting PMs from the narrators is frowned upon.

6) I reserve the right to drop rocks on anyone that ticks me off too badly.

7) RPing as various characters is encouraged.

8) Depending on how many people sign up, not all roles will be included in the game.

Deathslayer7
2009-02-15, 01:39 PM
In with the first post! :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-02-15, 01:40 PM
In as Captain Falcon.

Even if I'm not Captain Falcon.

Shadowcaller
2009-02-15, 01:41 PM
Ill join this game.

Murska
2009-02-15, 01:44 PM
I join this game aswell.

Kyouhen
2009-02-15, 02:29 PM
Sounds fun, I'll join in this!

Istari
2009-02-15, 02:31 PM
In as long as you guys promise not to lynch me if I have an important role :smalltongue:

Szilard
2009-02-15, 02:39 PM
I'll join this game too.

Selrahc
2009-02-15, 02:41 PM
I shall join up.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-02-15, 02:42 PM
Wheeee! I'm covered in stickers!!!!!

happyturtle
2009-02-15, 02:44 PM
>.<

I'm in too many. If at least two of my games end before recruitment is closed, I'll join.

Mordokai
2009-02-15, 02:47 PM
A chance to lynch llama?

IN! :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-02-15, 02:54 PM
Aw, what the hell. In as Wes. http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1697/wesdanceua5.gif

This time, if I die, I promise I'll shut up. :smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2009-02-15, 02:56 PM
I'll join.

Darkcomet
2009-02-15, 02:56 PM
Don't get the seer lynched again, Mechafox.

Though, on that note, I would like to tell myself to not get the baner get lynched again.

Mustiado
2009-02-15, 02:57 PM
Despite the spectacular failure I've been inb oth iterations of this game. In.

Fawkes
2009-02-15, 02:59 PM
Don't get the seer lynched again, Mechafox.

It was self-defense, I tells ya!

Boo
2009-02-15, 03:18 PM
In for blood and for GLORY!

EDIT: I was the bandwagon leader for Istari's death, remember?

Darkcomet
2009-02-15, 03:21 PM
True, but Mechafox would have been lynched had he not pointed at himself.

Boo
2009-02-15, 03:26 PM
*flexes* Well, I did find half the baddies in the last game, but no one remembers that because I was killed before we could catch them.

Deathslayer7
2009-02-15, 03:29 PM
so whats the chance that I'm Bowser again? :smallbiggrin: 1/50 2%. It could happen. :smallbiggrin:

Calamity
2009-02-15, 03:33 PM
Sounds good. Sign me up!

Mordokai
2009-02-15, 03:35 PM
Sounds good. Sign me up!

Well, who do we have here? :smallsmile: Don't believe I've seen you before in WWs.

*shakes hand, hands wolfbane*

Stick around a little, why don't you? :smallbiggrin:

Calamity
2009-02-15, 03:37 PM
Well, who do we have here? :smallsmile: Don't believe I've seen you before in WWs.

*shakes hand, hands wolfbane*

Stick around a little, why don't you? :smallbiggrin:

Well, Mordy, you weren't around here when I used to play in WW's :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-02-15, 03:41 PM
What can I say, I'm still rather young, as far as GitP history goes :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-15, 03:43 PM
A chance to save the llama from Mordy?

And Calamity is back? Or was that even before my WW time?

Most likely in!
That means : When does the game start?
And how will my RL situation be when it starts....

Calamity
2009-02-15, 03:49 PM
What can I say, I'm still rather young, as far as GitP history goes :smallsmile:

Kids these days, eh? :smallwink:

And DD: I never really went.. I just... became a.. a.. lurker.
Dun dun DUNNNN! :smalltongue:

Aemoh
2009-02-15, 04:46 PM
Naturally, IN :smallamused:

Zar Peter
2009-02-15, 04:55 PM
In if the forum let me...

Lex-Kat
2009-02-15, 05:43 PM
Calamity!!!

*Huggles*

Copacetic
2009-02-15, 05:56 PM
In. Need more be said?

Hyozo
2009-02-15, 06:09 PM
I'm in, possibly roleplaying as King Dedede.

Kyouhen
2009-02-15, 07:31 PM
I'll be roleplaying as a Bomb-omb. I don't care if he isn't a player, he's still in there! :smallannoyed:

...Unless there's a reason I'm not aware of that says I'm not allowed to do that...

Hyozo
2009-02-15, 07:36 PM
I'll be roleplaying as a Bomb-omb. I don't care if he isn't a player, he's still in there! :smallannoyed:

...Unless there's a reason I'm not aware of that says I'm not allowed to do that...

I'm sure that's fine. Previous versions of this game have included people roleplaying as a chocobo, Pac-man, the weighted companion cube, and probably others I can't remember at the moment.

Fawkes
2009-02-15, 10:06 PM
If I can be Wes, then you can be a Bomb-Omb.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1697/wesdanceua5.gif

Kyouhen
2009-02-16, 12:53 AM
If I can be Wes, then you can be a Bomb-Omb.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1697/wesdanceua5.gif

Glee!

Though mention of the Companion Cube makes me wonder if there isn't something else I'd rather be. :smalltongue:

TFT
2009-02-16, 02:01 AM
I'm in(Don't worry, I won't get myself auto'd)

banjo1985
2009-02-16, 06:52 AM
In as Toadsworth!

Fan
2009-02-16, 07:27 AM
In, as Cloud as I see a shameful error in a game that does not have Cloud if Sephiroth is in it!

detrevnisisiht
2009-02-16, 09:03 AM
< In >

PhantomFox
2009-02-16, 11:37 AM
Just over halfway there! I'm impressed. I might have to break out my contingency plan if we go over. Nah, I doubt I'll go over, but y'all can prove me wrong!

In, as Cloud as I see a shameful error in a game that does not have Cloud if Sephiroth is in it!

Well, I had him in originally, but I decided I had too many 3rd party characters, and I wasn't happy with the role I thought up for him, so....

Trixie
2009-02-16, 02:17 PM
Set.parameter => include.now[Trixie] :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2009-02-16, 03:16 PM
In like Fin.

@V Glad I didn't let you down. :smallbiggrin:

Fin
2009-02-16, 06:45 PM
In, with Cake!

@Supagoof: Y'know I saw you were the last poster and was gonna use this sign-up to gloat that you didn't sign-up with that phrase. I would have thought that after all this time you would have forgotten! Alas, I was wrong :smallbiggrin:

Fostire
2009-02-16, 07:54 PM
ooh this starts on my birthday, IN :smallbiggrin:

PhantomFox
2009-02-17, 09:16 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention this in the OP, and it should come as no surprise to those who played this before. I'll add it to the OP as well as here.

Roles will not be revealed on death, only team affiliation, with the exception of all "Classic" roles (Masons, Seer, Baner, and Devil)

someonenonotyou
2009-02-17, 01:20 PM
IM IN!:smallbiggrin:

Uncle Festy
2009-02-18, 01:48 PM
In this time. :smallbiggrin:

Griever
2009-02-18, 03:12 PM
Apparently I am supposed to sign up.

happyturtle
2009-02-19, 08:09 AM
Okay, I just got deded in a game, and another should end before the start of this one. So I'm in. (Even though I've never heard of most of these characters... >.>)

Oh, I'll be roleplaying as Generic FPS guy.

Mordokai
2009-02-19, 08:10 AM
Ash Ketchum survived first one and never turned in second... I guess I'll be roleplaying him again.

PhantomFox
2009-02-20, 02:16 PM
17 slots left, and a little over a week left.

TwoBitWriter
2009-02-20, 06:33 PM
I'll do it, what the hell have I got to lose? :smallwink:

TehSheen
2009-02-20, 07:38 PM
I would like a spot in this. :smallbiggrin:

UncleWolf
2009-02-20, 07:59 PM
I'm in too.

pondshadow
2009-02-21, 09:36 AM
I will be in for my first werewolf game.

GoC
2009-02-21, 09:51 AM
In if possible. My first werewolf game...

PhantomFox
2009-02-21, 12:06 PM
In if possible. My first werewolf game...

Sure thing! We got lots of room left as of now.

Just as a caution, this game is a LOT crazier than your normal game, but only if you make it so. Everyone does have a role, but most of the roles don't change the core strategy much. If you ignore all the different roles, you still have Villagers vs. Wolves like always. In that case, the different roles are used to explain oddities in what happened. However, trying to take into account ALL the different possibilities might make your head explode.

Either way, my goal is to make it as fun for the player as possible.

The Valiant Turtle
2009-02-21, 11:15 PM
I hear that you still need players. I can be a player... I will be a player!

Dr. Bath
2009-02-22, 09:42 AM
Since I'm dead in all but two games, and one of those is almost over. Sign me up!

Allysian
2009-02-22, 09:48 AM
Yay! Smash Bros. is awesome. I'd like to play.

Oradow
2009-02-22, 01:21 PM
I want in on this game as well.

Helgraf
2009-02-22, 02:45 PM
Ahh hell, my game list is diminishing fast. Sign me up.

PhantomFox
2009-02-23, 06:22 PM
A little over 5 days left. Game will start no matter how many players I have, just so you know. :smallsmile:

Now I need to decide what roles won't make it in first...

PhantomFox
2009-02-24, 10:17 PM
Oh! I'd also like to announce that I managed to dupe convince Alarra to be my co-narrator! Everyone bow before her mighty power!

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2009-02-24, 10:48 PM
*squeezes in under the wire!*

I'm here to consume space and try not to get autolynched. And also become slightly paranod towards the middle.

Darkcomet
2009-02-24, 10:51 PM
*squeezes in under the wire!*

I'm here to consume space and try not to get autolynched. And also become slightly paranod towards the middle.

I was starting to think I'd have to drag you into this one. :smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2009-02-24, 10:53 PM
Oh! I'd also like to announce that I managed to dupe convince Alarra to be my co-narrator! Everyone bow before her mighty power!

Man, that means I can't ally with her. :smallmad:

Bah! :smallfurious:

You will rue the day, Phantomfox! You hear me?! RUE THE DAY!! :xykon:

Alarra
2009-02-24, 11:10 PM
You wouldn't have been able to ally with me anyway, since if I wasn't narrating, I wouldn't have been playing either. :smalltongue:

Helgraf
2009-02-25, 12:02 AM
You wouldn't have been able to ally with me anyway, since if I wasn't narrating, I wouldn't have been playing either. :smalltongue:

Bah! :smallmad: Don't spoil my mock-indignation with logic! :smallsigh:

:smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Duos
2009-02-25, 08:14 AM
I hope there's still enough space for me. I like to stretch out, you see. In with a beam sword.

PhantomFox
2009-02-25, 08:39 AM
I hope there's still enough space for me. I like to stretch out, you see. In with a beam sword.

Yup! After you, there are... 5 slots left, and about 4 days left in signups.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-25, 08:49 AM
I'd like a spot if there's still one. I was afraid I'd be overrun by WW games, but seeing how quickly I'm being killed off, I don't think it'll be a problem.

Zaragon
2009-02-25, 09:29 PM
Another zombie from Grave Robbers here... I'll join if you have room.

Darkcomet
2009-02-25, 09:34 PM
Another zombie from Grave Robbers here... I'll join if you have room.

*hides his Grave Robbers co-narrator badge from the zombies*

Heroic
2009-02-25, 09:53 PM
I'm in if there's sapce left

PhantomFox
2009-02-25, 10:00 PM
After you, there are only two left!

*gets excited*

Uncle Festy
2009-02-25, 10:03 PM
<.<
>.>
I'll join again, if you want.
:smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-02-25, 11:15 PM
Heck yeah, I'll take a second role. That would be fun. :smallbiggrin:

PhantomFox
2009-02-27, 11:42 AM
Part of me wants to figure out how that might work, but the other half is telling me to not be crazy and stop sticking gummy worms up its metaphorical nose.

Fawkes
2009-02-27, 12:46 PM
Part of me wants to figure out how that might work, but the other half is telling me to not be crazy and stop sticking gummy worms up its metaphorical nose.

But how else will we form Gummy Cthulhu?

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-27, 02:24 PM
Ok. I'm in. But I don't know any of these characters so I'm going to stick with Andre Fairchilde, tavern owner.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-27, 02:43 PM
Already done by me. I think it was in either one of Jontom´s or EDK´s games.
I switched role every (game) day and needed to act totally ignorant of that I had a other role.

That was crazy....

Uncle Festy
2009-02-27, 02:48 PM

<.<
>.>
GUMMY WORMS!
:smallbiggrin:

Kyouhen
2009-02-27, 05:12 PM
But how else will we form Gummy Cthulhu?

With the world's largest gummy bear, a few dozen gummy worms and lots of spare time. :smallbiggrin:

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-02-27, 08:12 PM
I'll join if there's room.

PhantomFox
2009-02-27, 08:34 PM
You snuck into the last spot! And we are now filled! All other people wishing to play may be placed on autolynch replacement, or given a new role if I think one up.

happyturtle
2009-02-27, 08:55 PM
FPS guy is getting impatient for his role PM so he starts searching for it. With bullets.

billtodamax
2009-02-28, 01:46 AM
Autolynch replacement list?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-28, 05:00 AM
When a player does not vote for a certain amount of days, thus giving of a signal of inactivity, he or she will be autolynched, though not all games have autolynch or make it the same amount of days needed to be autolynched.

Sometimes there is a autolynch replacement list. Usually people who didn´t join the game fast enough, but if someobdy is autolynched, a person on the list takes the autolynchee´s role and place in the game.

billtodamax
2009-02-28, 05:24 AM
Actually, I was just asking if I could be on it. Sorry for not making that clear.

PhantomFox
2009-02-28, 04:56 PM
Sure thing, I'll put you on the replacement list. I'll be sending out role PMs now... gimme a while to get them all out. Game thread will be up tomorrow.

PhantomFox
2009-02-28, 06:47 PM
All role PMs have been sent out I think. Let me know if you didn't get yours. Game thread will be up tomorrow. Feel from to contact me through PM/AIM/MSN/Yahoo/whatever with any questions you have.