PDA

View Full Version : Civilizations (Werewolf, no longer recruiting)

Szilard
2009-02-15, 02:35 PM
The earth is new, and civilizations are appearing all over the world. They coexist in a peaceful world, but there are rumors, rumors of a mass invasion. These civilizations will take over the world by force, and the only way to stop them is through invasion. But which civilizations are bad? Which is good? Only one way to find out.

Rules
Like most Werewolf games, this game will have a Day phase, and a night phase. The day phase lasts 48 hours, while the night phase lasts 24 hours. Every day, each civilization will use its points to vote for a civilization to be invaded. This vote will be in Red Text. Depending on how many points a civilization has, its vote will be more or less important than others. The amount of points you can vote with depends on how much territory a civilization has.
At the beginning of the game, each civilization will start with one territory, each worth 2 points. When someone is invaded, the territory and its points are split up among two of the nearest civilizations. Points will be rounded down if needed.
Whichever civilization has the most points toward them will be invaded. They need at least 25 percent of the points to be invaded.
All territories will be shown on a map. The owner of each territory will not be revealed to the general public.
During the Night Phase, all those with special actions will send what they want to do to the Narrator(s). When a civilization is invaded via a night invasion, the two nearest civilizations will get the territory, but each of the Axis Civilizations will get a point.
The game ends when all the Axis Civilizations are dead, or when the amount of civilizations equals the amount of Axis Civilizations.

A person is autoinvaded (autolynched) when they do not vote during the day phase for 3 consecutive days. When a person knows they will not be able to play for a week or more, they can arrange with the Narrator(s) to not be autoinvaded.

Roles
The Allies and More

Civilizations (Villagers)-These civilizations vote during the day for who to invade.
The Allies (Masons) (Will only be included if there are enough players)-These are civilizations who just happen to know each other. They vote during the day for who to invade.
Spy Civilization (Seer)-Like all the other civilizations, the Spy Civilization votes during the day for who to invade. This Civilization has the chance to spy on a civilization to find out who they are during the night. This is a special action.
Diplomatic Civilization (Baner)-Votes with all the others. As a special action every night, this Civilization can choose one civilization to protect from a night invasion.

The Axis

Axis Civilizations (Wolves)-Votes with all the other Civilizations. Every night, they can decide who they want to invade, and make a night invasion.
Axis Spy (Devil)-The Spy civilization for the Axis.

The game starts on March 8th.
If you have any questions ask.
The position for Co-Narrator is open.
Istari is the conarrator.

Player List:
# | Player | RPing As
1 | Andre Fairchilde | Tyrant King of Evil Rouge Nation
2 | Wolfbane | Vahala
3 |Trixie | Imperium of Man
4 | Zar Peter | Lord of the Drunken Empire
5 | Dirk Kris |
6 | FF fanboy | Kingdom with Nobbits
7 | Murska | Finland
8 | Aemoh |
9 | PirateMonk |
10 | Saint Nil |
11 | Fin | Nation of Cake
12 | EagleWiz |
13 | Stu42 | King Stu XLII of the Republic of Stutopia
14 | Kaelaroth | Prime Commissar of NovoBritannia
15 | Tired N' Drowzy | Germany
16 | Lamech | Goblin Nation of Redcloak
17 | Selrahc | Avatar of Incarnate Treara
18 | Darkcomet | General Drelin of the Generic Evil Empire
19 | RedScholarGypsy | Somber Irishmen Society
20 | Catseye2121 |
21 | Raz Fox | Lycian League
22 | hap_hazard |
23 | Hero 1.0 | Ivalice
24 | Toasty | Ultimate Master of the Kingdom of Dread
25 | gnome_4ever | Totalitarianistic State of Mistress Dethclaw
26 | Shadowcaller | Glebe

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-16, 02:20 AM
I'll sign up.

Do we declare our own civilizations?

If so, then I am the Tyrant King of Evil Rogue Nation (ERN).

UncleWolf
2009-02-16, 02:27 AM
I'm in.

I'll come up with a Civilization later.

Trixie
2009-02-16, 06:58 AM
Meh. In.

I want Imperium of Man! :smallamused:

Zar Peter
2009-02-16, 08:50 AM
I'm in. I'm the Lord of the DE (Drunken Empire, my usual Empire name in Civilazation)

Dirk Kris
2009-02-16, 08:57 AM
In, so in.
And if no one else volunteers for co-narrator and you don't mind someone who may or may not be terribly knowledgeable about the setting, I'm available for that.

I have discovered that I rather enjoy co-narrating!

Fan
2009-02-16, 03:07 PM
In as a small kingdom of exceptionally nasty Hobbits. We shall call them Nobbits. :snicker:

Murska
2009-02-16, 04:00 PM
In as Finland! With BEAR CAVALRY! PH3AR!

Aemoh
2009-02-16, 04:32 PM
In, says I.

PirateMonk
2009-02-16, 04:33 PM
I'll join.

Szilard
2009-02-16, 05:45 PM
Yes, you can name your civilization if you want, not that it will matter when you are all dead. :smallamused:

Saint Nil
2009-02-16, 05:59 PM
In please. This one sounds like fun, structured enough to prevent chaos, but flexible enough where we can use our imgainations.

Fin
2009-02-16, 06:34 PM
In, as The NoC (Nation of Cake!)

Murska
2009-02-16, 06:39 PM

INVADE! :smallamused:

EagleWiz
2009-02-16, 06:46 PM
Ill join in

Fan
2009-02-16, 07:16 PM
The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie!:smalleek:

Studoku
2009-02-17, 06:38 AM
I'm in as King Stu XLII of the Republic of Stutopia.

UncleWolf
2009-02-17, 09:58 AM
The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie!:smalleek:

:smalleek:
But if the cake is a lie, then Fin has enslaved his population with lies and slander.

Kaelaroth
2009-02-17, 10:11 AM
I'm in. This sounds very cool. *nodnod* As the Androgyne Lord of N'Qua Prime Commissar of NovoBritannia!

Wreckingrocc
2009-02-17, 01:55 PM
In as Germany, just for irony!

Watch me totally be the Allies (Masons) :smallbiggrin:

Lamech
2009-02-17, 03:13 PM
In! I'll be the goblin nation of Redcloak.

Now how to win this... do we know our own territories?

Fan
2009-02-17, 03:38 PM
But if the cake is a lie, then Fin has enslaved his population with lies and slander.

Then Fin is secretly GLaDoS, and attempting to keel us all!!!!!:smalleek:

Szilard
2009-02-21, 10:46 AM
In! I'll be the goblin nation of Redcloak.

Now how to win this... do we know our own territories?

Yes. The territorys will be numbered, and you will know your number.
When someone is scried, they will know both the role and territory number of the scried person.

Cool, we already have like 17 people playing, Still recruiting though.
And I am still looking for a conarrator.

Selrahc
2009-02-21, 11:10 AM
I'll join up. (I thought I already had, but it looks like I was mistaken)

Darkcomet
2009-02-21, 11:40 AM
Oooh. I just realized I have a perfect character for this game! In as General Drelin of the Generic Evil Empire.

Szilard
2009-02-21, 11:49 AM
Cool. Also I added autoinvasion (autolynch) rules.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-02-21, 01:31 PM
Never played any of these before and sounds like fun. It plays kinda like mafia right? Do we know which civs voted to invade which country? (I figure not) And I assume there's diplomacy involved? I think I get the basic gameplay but strategy seems to escape me. I'll be the Sober Irishmen Society. Guess when I'll be invaded!

Szilard
2009-02-21, 01:37 PM
It pretty much plays out as a Mafia or werewolf game.
During the Day phase, everyone votes for who should be invaded (Lynched, Killed) in red text, so in essence, you do know who voted for who, just not how much their vote counts for.
Diplomacy...well that sounds a bit like RPing. You can try to convince people to point or not to point at other people just like in any werewolf game. There is the Diplomatic Civ though, and they can choose someone to protect from a night invasion.
Strategy? Only people who have played werewolfs a couple times do any sort of strategy.:smalltongue: The rest of us usually point randomly or join a bandwagon.
I'll add you to the list.:smallsmile:

Kaelaroth
2009-02-21, 01:40 PM
Let it be known, those who haven't seen yet, that I've instigated neoBolshevik revolution in my own state, and am now Prime Commissar of NovoBritannia, rather than ruler of any previously stated nations.
<.<
>.>
Shuttup! :smallsigh:

TFT
2009-02-21, 02:07 PM
I'm in, but I don't have a nation yet.

@> I Know, I just wanted to think of one.

Szilard
2009-02-21, 02:47 PM
You don't need a specific nation, the names are mainly for fluff and rp purposes.

Raz_Fox
2009-02-21, 10:11 PM
Oh, count me in! I've only ever played one game of Mafia, but it's a really fun game.

Say hello to the Lycian League: home of pegasus knights, wandering swordmasters, young Ensemble Darkhorse (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EnsembleDarkhorse) myrmidons, and plucky princes wielding rapiers and huge axes.

Shut up. FE: Blazing Sword is the most awesome gameboy game ever. End of discussion.

Saint Nil
2009-02-21, 10:13 PM
Interested in an alliance with Tritherion, land of peace, justice, and mercy?

Raz_Fox
2009-02-21, 10:40 PM
Tritherion? Sounds very evil to me... Like the name of an evil empire or kingdom...

But we'll trust a saint. Tritherion and Lycia! :smallbiggrin:

Fin
2009-02-22, 10:30 AM

Then Fin is secretly GLaDoS, and attempting to keel us all!!!!!:smalleek:

Hmm, it appears I'm getting predictable!

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-22, 11:41 AM
Tritherion? Sounds very evil to me... Like the name of an evil empire or kingdom...

But we'll trust a saint. Tritherion and Lycia! :smallbiggrin:

Actually, Trithereon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trithereon) is a D&D Greyhawk intermediate deity of " Individuality, Liberty, Retribution, and Self-Defense"

Saint Nil
2009-02-22, 12:55 PM
He is? I was just looking for a name with Tri in it.

UncleWolf
2009-02-22, 11:01 PM
Hmm...
I still need a name for mine.

I'll go with Valhalla. Home of brave warriors.

Selrahc
2009-02-23, 06:36 AM
I shall be the avatar of Incarnate Treara.

hap_hazard
2009-02-23, 07:01 AM
In if there's still space.

Szilard
2009-02-26, 08:09 PM
Recruiting is going on for like another week or so. I am still looking for a conarrator.

Istari
2009-02-26, 08:16 PM
I volunteer to co-narrate:smallsmile:

Edit: Random country name that someone can use that is totally not Final Fantasy related is Ivalice

Szilard
2009-02-26, 08:21 PM
Coolio. .

Szilard
2009-03-04, 09:36 PM
Okay, this thing starts on sunday, so if anyone still wants to join, get to it.:smalltongue:

Heroic
2009-03-04, 11:59 PM
Cool game ! count me in!

Oooo.. I'll be Ivalice ! I'm playing FFXII at the moment... cool :smallbiggrin:

My generals will be called Vaan, Basch and Balthier. :smalltongue:

On second thought, I'll RP as Vaan.

toasty
2009-03-05, 12:33 AM
Just saw this!

I will the Kindgom of Dread. A dark kingdom where bunnies are often abused.

Toasty is Ultimate Master of the Kingdom of Dread. :)

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-03-06, 04:00 AM
I shall join! With all these evil places we need a nation of peace, prosperity, and happyness.

I stake The Totalitarianist State of Mistress Dethclaw, for the irony. "No, really, We're a happy place! A HAPPY PLACE"

Aemoh
2009-03-06, 05:09 AM
Heh... just thought of what I'll do. Not that I'll actually RP, but still...

Eldred, Lord of Dys, in the lands of Stygia, servant of Charnel.

((And for those that miss the reference, that'd be from Sacrifice. Awesome game that.))

EDIT: @Shadowcaller: Heh, James is oddly my second favorite God :smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2009-03-06, 05:19 AM

((And for those that miss the reference, that'd be from Sacrifice. Awesome game that.))

You played sacrifice too?!
Just because of that I will join this game, my country can be Glebe then. :smallcool:

toasty
2009-03-06, 11:43 AM

EDIT: @Shadowcaller: Heh, James is oddly my second favorite God :smallamused:

I probably won't RP much... but the chance to do so can always make a game fun. :)

Szilard
2009-03-06, 06:49 PM
I'm going to stop recruiting now so that everything is prepared for the 8th. :smallsmile:

Szilard
2009-03-09, 06:29 PM
The game thread is waiting approval, and all roles have been sent out. PM me if you did not recieve your map number.

Saint Nil
2009-03-09, 06:39 PM
Wait do you mean awaiting approval?:smallconfused:

Wreckingrocc
2009-03-09, 06:45 PM
The mods need to approve of new threads in this subforum for them to appear to the public.

On a different note, I vote for Hero 1.0 to put on a shirt.

Heroic
2009-03-09, 08:22 PM
On a different note, I vote for Hero 1.0 to put on a shirt.

What is this shirt you're talking about ? My stylish vest is waaay cooler !
Don't argue with me or I'll Choco-comet your butt. :smallbiggrin:

Dirk Kris
2009-03-10, 08:25 AM
I've decided to RP as King Arthur, ruler of the noble land of Camelot! (And yes, the Monty Python King Arthur and Camelot!)

*readies coconuts*

LordZarth
2009-03-12, 09:23 PM
Hi! I've never played one of these... can I?

I could rule... hmm... muwhahaha... THE PLAYGROUND!

EDIT: Oh, it's closed. Sorry for your trouble. *leaves, cries quietly*