PDA

View Full Version : feats for half-ogre combo

Froogleyboy
2009-02-15, 07:52 PM
The Half ogre in OOTS with all of the attacks of Opprutunity needs ALOT of feats. What all are they.

Greg
2009-02-15, 08:17 PM
Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Combat Reflexes and EWP: Spiked Chain.

It doesn't work as the half-ogre described, as only one AoO can be used on a particular enemy. I may be wrong though.

Keld Denar
2009-02-15, 08:28 PM
You are close, its one attack per opportunity, not per foe. Thus, if a foe moved through your threatened area and then cast a spell (without casting defensively) they would provoke 2 seperate AoOs, and you could claim both. Movement is the only quasiexception. Movement only ever provokes once. So, a foe could move in a circle around you 3 times, and only ever provoke 1 AoO.

Froogleyboy
2009-02-15, 08:33 PM
I think there might be more feats. :smallannoyed:

Tengu_temp
2009-02-15, 09:16 PM
Hold the Line. I forgot which splatbook is it from.

SoD
2009-02-15, 11:05 PM
Hold the Line. I forgot which splatbook is it from.

Uhm, I think it's; Expanded Psionics Handbook...I could be wrong though, although I think it's on the SRD as well.

herrhauptmann
2009-02-16, 12:59 AM
Here's a link to feats on crystal keep. (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Feats.pdf)It's about the most complete list I've seen, downloadable as a pdf. Biggest area it i weak I'd say is campaign specific feats.

However, it also breaks them down "Feats requireing str" "Feats requiring jump skill"

btw: It's almost 200 pages, so thank your deity of choice you can use 'ctrl F' to do a search, in addition to its table of contents.

Broler
2009-02-16, 01:46 AM
however, the attacker charges at you and suddenly you cant move away without getting attacked :smallannoyed:

snoopy13a
2009-02-16, 02:19 AM
I don't think the half-ogre has Hold the Line. If he did, he would have said he needed six feats instead of five.

Hold the Line would likely give the Half-Ogre two AoOs if you interpret that leaving a threatened square and entering a threatened square (which triggers the feat) are two different opportunities.

However, my guess is that the half-ogre is mistaken about the rules of AoO and Combat Reflexes and that since Roy got a C- in his AoO class, he doesn't call him on it:

If you have the Combat Reflexes feat you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of opportunity you can make in a round. This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes two attacks of opportunity from you, you could make two separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different opportunity). Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn’t count as more than one opportunity for that opponent. All these attacks are at your full normal attack bonus."

herrhauptmann
2009-02-16, 06:17 PM
Unless the ogre had moved so that when Roy started moving, he had to move diagonally in such a way that he left a threatened square twice. Provoking an AOO each time he left a square...

Though I can't think off the top of my head how he was moving so that Roy, a guy with an MBA, couldn't find a movement path that would provoke fewer AOOs.

imperialspectre
2009-02-16, 07:47 PM
Providing a list of people with MBAs who can't grasp basic strategic and tactical concepts might get me in trouble with mods for being overly political, so we'll skip the obvious counterpoint and go straight to the fact that Roy only got a C- (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0216.html) in his Attacks of Opportunity class. :smallbiggrin: