PDA

View Full Version : Question on a couple of feats - do they exist?

keilyn
2009-02-16, 12:13 AM
Alright, I'm in the middle of writing up a character, and I've had a couple of cool ideas, but I don't know if there are feats for what I want done.

The first thing, does anyone know if there is a feat to add your wisdom bonus to the amount you heal with a spell say 1d8 + Caster level, plus wisdom bonus. I thought for sure there was one, but am away from my books at the moment.

Secondly, is there a way for a character to add a specific spell to their class list - namely, a 1st level druid spell (magnify vermin), to make it possible for that spell to be cast as either a wizard or cleric?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just at a loss right now.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-02-16, 12:19 AM
Secondly, is there a way for a character to add a specific spell to their class list - namely, a 1st level druid spell (magnify vermin), to make it possible for that spell to be cast as either a wizard or cleric? There's the Extra Spell feat, which may work, depending on DM interpretation. The feat is either useless or overpowered, depending on whether or not it adds spells to your class lists, or just gives you an extra spell known. That particular spell may also be on one of the domain lists, or be added by a PrC. I'd check Drow of the Underdark first. You could also just get it on an item. Should only be 1,800 GP, IIRC, more if you want it to be more powerful. Probably cheaper than a feat.

RTGoodman
2009-02-16, 12:24 AM
For the first, the place to check would be Complete Divine and Complete Champion. I think both have some pretty good healing-related feats that you might want to look into, even if that specific one doesn't exist.

For the second, as Sstoopidtallkid says, Extra Spell (Complete Arcane, I think?) MAY work depending on your DM. The RAW of the feat doesn't say anything about the spell having to already be on your class spell list, but I think a Sage Advice or FAQ ruling (which are, as Sstoopidtallkid's sig points out, NOT RAW) said that it has to be. It's really up to your DM. Otherwise, I'm not sure, short of using the rules in the DMG to "research" the specific spells as a new spell, though that'll involved a gp and XP expenditure, I believe.

PurinaDragonCho
2009-02-16, 12:29 AM
Secondly, is there a way for a character to add a specific spell to their class list - namely, a 1st level druid spell (magnify vermin), to make it possible for that spell to be cast as either a wizard or cleric?

Maybe not what you're looking for, but a few ideas.

First, an archivist can cast druid spells if he or she can get a scroll of it and scribe it into his/her spellbook. Archivists can cast any divine spells (including domain spells, which gives you access to many of the best sorcerer/wizard spells).

Also, the feat Healing Surge (I think that's the name - it's from Complete Champion) allows you to do a lot more healing so long as you keep one heal spell ready to cast. Mostly useful out of combat, but in a short time, you could bring the entire party back to 1/2 hp after a battle.

keilyn
2009-02-16, 12:48 AM
Alright - well thank you for the replies guys - I hadn't thought of just using a scroll or wand. Kinda silly - that should be the first thing I would think of - Maybe a dip into ranger to get it on my spell list would be the easiest solution for that.

As far as the healing goes - well, I thought it would be a great idea, but if it's not out there, maybe I'll just have to homebrew something and put it here on the boards to see what people think.

Thank you for your fast responses - it's always appreciated.

Oh, another thought - where is the Archivist found? I don't know that I've ever seen it.

AmberVael
2009-02-16, 01:44 AM
The Augment healing feat adds 2 points of healing per level of the spell.
Sacred Healing adds 2 points of healing per die, if you expend a turn undead.
Both of those come from complete divine.

Archivist is a base class from Heroes of Horror.

keilyn
2009-02-16, 01:53 AM
yeah - I posted too quickly for my own good - they actually have the class posted on the wizards site, all I had to do was think about it for a couple seconds to find it, but thank you.

The healing feats are also very nice, those should accomplish what I'm after.