PDA

View Full Version : The dragon's real plan?

ABB
2009-02-16, 07:36 PM
I was wondering, now that V has told us it's children are "adopted", if the dragon knew this and planned a different revenge on V.

Suppose the dragonmom decided to threaten V's adopted progeny simply to make V sell it's soul to evil, thereby achieving an even greater revenge on it?

The oracle may have gone along, and it would explain V's pre approved status quite nicely...

Amon Star
2009-02-17, 07:24 AM
Who cares if V's children are adopted? He still loves them like his own. Also, annoying someone so they sell their soul for power is a really bad idea, as they will most likely use their new power on you first. I doubt the Dragon is that dumb. Also, I doubt the dragon has enough pull in Baator to get someone pre-approved.

Kaytara
2009-02-17, 07:41 AM
I doubt the dragon knows the kids are adopted. It's not something that likely comes up in conversation... and while to us it seemed likely because they don't look anything like the parents, to a dragon one pointy-eared monkey is likely to look the same as another.

Underground
2009-02-17, 09:32 AM
Actually I find the theory that V is pre approved because the dragon asked for the approveal very convincing.

P.s.: OMG "Dwarf in the Playground" ??? I'm no dwarf !

DrGonzo
2009-02-17, 10:27 AM
I doubt the dragon knows the kids are adopted. It's not something that likely comes up in conversation... and while to us it seemed likely because they don't look anything like the parents, to a dragon one pointy-eared monkey is likely to look the same as another.

To a dragon maybe, but this specific dragon has done al lot of research. Maybe the oracle even told her about the adoption.

Zevox
2009-02-17, 02:18 PM
As Amon Star said, why would the Dragon care if they're adopted? It has no impact on her revenge plan whatsoever. The point is V has kids of her own, and she is going to kill them to get back at V for doing the same to her. Whether those kids are biologically hers doesn't make a lick of difference so long as they're family to her, which clearly they are.

And in any event, there are way too many problems with the alternative theory the OP proposed. Such as the fact that the Dragon had no way of knowing V would happen to have caught the attention of a Devil due to events entirely unrelated to the Dragon and her plans. Or the fact that getting V to sell her soul is hardly going to be as satisfying a form of revenge for the Dragon as the eye-for-an-eye style vengeance she has told us she plans on taking.

Zevox

whatchamacallit
2009-02-17, 02:33 PM
Suppose the dragonmom decided to threaten V's adopted progeny simply to make V sell it's soul to evil, thereby achieving an even greater revenge on it?

I'm liking that theory ABB :smallwink: