PDA

View Full Version : BINDER IN WLD LULZ / Shoring Up Party for World's Largest Dungeon

jeek
2009-02-17, 11:38 AM
We're getting close to jumping into the World's Largest Dungeon, and are currently in the process of shoring up our final characters.

Currently, we have:
Underfolk Factotum 20 -or- Factotum 1/Incarnate 4/Chameleon 10/? 5 -or- Factotum 1/Incarnate 1/Binder 1 (Improved Binding at L3)/Incarnate +2/Chameleon 10/? 5: Skillmonkey/Secondary melee/Secondary utility. The straight Factotum goes the FoI route, the other builds use Chameleon, Incarnate, and maybe Binder to acquire some versatility. Both Incarnate builds plan to take Bonus Essentia at level 6. Factotum 20 seems to be the preferred build.
???? (Possibly Spirit Hellbred) Battle Sorcerer w/Stalwart Sorcerer variant: Sorcerer optimized for familiar HP and secondary melee, primary utility
Human Warlock: Primary damage dealer, secondary utility
???? (Xeph last time I checked) Favored Soul: Healing, secondary melee

We're going for a well-rounded party. Any obvious mistakes or holes that we haven't filled properly?

Also, what spells should the sorcerer be going for?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-02-17, 12:03 PM
You don't really seem to have a controller, someone to isolate and block off groups of enemies for yu to deal with later.

Eldariel
2009-02-17, 12:15 PM
Dragonfire Adept would really be golden as a controller. Other than that, a Druid would probably carry you better than a Favored Soul (although you'd have to be careful to keep your AC alive as you're unlike to get new ones inside), but if he really wants to play an FS, it can be ok.

The combination of Battle Sorcerer and Stalwart Sorcerer may give him nice HP, but it's going to horribly cut into his utility as a caster and you don't have a utility caster so losing all those spells known is just huge.

But yea, a controller like Dragonfire Adept would be a really good addition. I personally prefer Ruby Knight Vindicator to a straight divinist in WLD as having that Crusader-level really gets you through the early levels and maneuvers step in when spells run out (and having a martial controller is very handy in WLD).

You seem reasonably well set though with a decent amount of limitless abilities. The lack of a controller and a tank is going to hurt you though.

Saph
2009-02-17, 12:59 PM
What level are you starting at? If you're playing the WLD by the book, starting at level 1, then don't bother with 20 level builds. Surviving the first 6 levels is going to keep you fully occupied.

- Saph

jeek
2009-02-23, 06:31 AM
Well, there's been quite a bit of shuffling in the party.

The warlock became a dragonfire adept, a guy joined up with a scout, my Factotum became a Totemist, then the sorcerer quit (he was also the guy who originally wanted to play an ARCHER, so ignore that thread if you see it), the dragonfire adept went back to warlock.

Then we got a new Factotum, and the warlock went to warblade, the scout went to warlock, and the totemist went to binder.

*pantpant*

After all this:
Xeph Favored Soul
Hellbred Binder
Hellbred Warlock
Half-Orc Warblade
??? (Probably Underfolk) Factotum

I'm the Binder... not the best call, I'm sure, but I figure Aym, Amon, or Savnok will keep me alive until level 3, Focalor until level 5, Buer until 8, and 8 is where the character finally ramps up.

We're at least 4/5ths darkvision, most likely, I think that'll help.

Any binder/general party tips? I plan on taking Improved Binding at 1, Ignore Special Requirements at 3, and Expel Vestige at 4. Is it worth trying to pack extra weapons due to the temporary proficiencies some of the vestiges grant?