PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Dark Secret of Crow or Raven?

lisiecki
2009-02-18, 02:33 PM
Hey all

It looks like a GM whos games i very much enjoy is going to be starting up a dead lands game using the original system/setting (honestly i don't know if the D20 and Savage Worlds supplements changed much about the setting, never played them)
It looks like the game is going to be myself, and three noobs to the setting. They all, want to play reverents (And who can blame them, zombie cowboys are cool). But i was hopeing to play something different, Hopefully a Shaman or Brave if i can do it and avoid to much inter party conflict.
From what i can recall about the game (its been wow what 11 years since i played it). For some reason I seem to recall that either Crow or Raven being on decent terms with the manitous. Or at least having an understanding that not "Attack on sight". Am i right about this, or are these just memory's that have all been lumped togher in to something that makes no seance.
I would like to make this character as close to the official fluff as possible, but I don't have time to barrow the "splat" books from the GM, and little desure to play $40+ on ebay for them.
If any one knows if im right about this, i would appreciate knowing. Or if some one can point me towards a legitimate website that could answer the question (a fan wiki or such)

Thanks in advance

Izmir Stinger
2009-02-18, 03:02 PM
When you say "reverents" I assume you mean harrowed. The source material generally discourages players from starting as harrowed. The intention is a character you are playing dies and comes back harrowed.

As far as Indian guardian spirits, those with the raven (not crow) are usually members of the Cult of the Raven who's founder caused the reckoning. They are intent on manipulating the Indian nations from within to further the goals of the Reckoners and their manitou servants. They are intended to be villains and again, not usually playable.

Your Marshal is the final authority on what is allowed, of course. The original game material is short on specific rules and has some contradictory information on a lot of stuff - you will need house rules for everything.