PDA

View Full Version : NG Undead Tips (3.5)

JeenLeen
2009-02-19, 11:08 AM
I'm playing a NG Elf Undead in a party of living, a rogue turned Necropolitan (Libris Mortis) because of a misunderstanding. We are around level 15 with essentially all rulebooks allowed but ToB and anything else the DM seems unbalanced. Currently, I'm a Lv 10 Rogue/ Lv 1 Ninja / Lv 1 Incarnate (good) / Lv 3 Umbral Disciple.

I have wands of inflict wounds to heal myself out of battle and a cleric joining the party plans to have Harm prepared, so I'm okay on healing. From Necropolitan, I have +4 to turn resistance and +2 to resist Command Undead. I have a ring of chalmeon power which enables me to use Alter Self at will, so I can move through towns fairly safely.

I have three questions:
1. How does turn resistance work. Does it boost my effective HD to resist the turning attempt?

2. Any advice on how to boost my character's ability to resist turning. I know of the cloak and the feat in Libris Mortis that give extra turn resistance. Are there any items that create a very small unhallow or desecrate field? Any other advice regarding hiding my undeath?

3. Also, any good monstrous feats recommended? The DM won't allow anything he deems too overpowered; he limited Lifesense (Libris Mortis) and won't allow Blindsense or Blindsight, for example.