PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Themed PRC:s PEACH

Frog Dragon
2009-02-19, 11:14 AM
Chaos warriors are something like paladins of chaos. They embrace chaos in all it's forms and disdain organizations and order. Some champion against order like paladins champion against evil. Good Chaos Warriors tend to be the first to oppose tyranny, even at the risk of their own lives. Neutral chaos warriors tend to live on the slightest whim trusting in their luck and prowess with weapons to pull them through. Evil Chaos Warriors are often reavers, despised and feared for they care nothing for no one and destroy and pillage at the slightest whim. All are extremely chaotic in nature and they draw supernatural powers from chaos.

Prequisites
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Feats: Power Attack, One luck feat
Alingment: Any Chaotic

HD: d10

CHAOS WARRIOR
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Touch of Chaos +1, Wild 3/Day

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Grace of Chaos
3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Touch of Chaos +2

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Chaos Initiate, Wild 4/Day

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Touch of Chaos +3

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Chaos Disciple

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|Touch of Chaos +4, Wild 5/Day

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Chaos Paragon

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Touch of Chaos +5

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Epitome of Chaos, Wild 6/Day[/table]

Skill Points: A chaos warrior gains 2+Int modifier skill points per level
Class Skills: The class skills (and the key ability for each skill) for a Chaos Warrior are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis) Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str)

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A chaos warrior gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Touch of Chaos (Su)
Chaos Warriors guide the chaos in and out of them aiding their already impressive fighting prowess.
You may touch any character of a nonlawful alingment so they gain the indicated bonus to saves and attack rolls for a duration equal to 1 round/2 Chaos Warrior levels. Usable once per day

Wild (Su)
Chaos warriors may call on chaos, but the result is never controllable. The result may be beneficial or harmful making the ability dangerous to use.
You may use Wild the indicated times per day. Each time you use wild roll a d10 on the following table to determine what happens. Using a Wild is a standard action. The standard DC:s for abilities that allow saves are 10+Cha Mod+Class Level unless another number is noted

1.|Chaos Combust
2.|Flames of Chaos
3.|Frost of Chaos
4.|Chaos Lightning
5.|Chaos Acid
6.|Roar of Chaos
7.|Draining Chaos
8.|Might of Chaos
9.|Chaos Unseen
10.|Chaos Overwhelm
Chaos Combust
You call on chaos and spontaneously combust
You and everyone adjecent to you take 1d8 Fire damage each round for 1d6 rounds.

Flames of Chaos
Chaos pours from you in a jet of flame
You blast fire in a 15 ft cone. Everyone in the cone takes 1d8/Class Level Fire Damage. Reflex Save for half

Frost of Chaos
Chaos pours from you in a cone of frost
You blast frost in a 30 ft line. Everyone in the line takes 1d8/Class Level Cold Damage. Reflex Save for half

Chaos Lighting
Chaos pours from you in a blast of lighting
You blast lighting in a 30 ft line Everyone in the line takes 1d8/Class Level ElectricityDamage. Reflex Save for half

Chaos Acid
Chaos pours from you in a blast of Acid
You blast acid in a 15 ft cone. Everyone in the cone takes 1d8/Class Level Acid Damage. Reflex Save for half

Roar of Chaos
Chaos roars through you in a cacophone of noise dealing damage to everyone around
You roar, dealing 1d6/Class Level Sonic Damage to everyone withing 50 ft and deafening them for 1d6 rounds unless they make a Fort Save

Draining Chaos
Chaos rolls through you draining you reserves of strenght.
You must succeed on a Fort Save or take two
negative levels that persist for 24 hours. The DC is 20

Might of Chaos
Chaos strenghtens you, giving you power beyond your normal capability.
You gain a +4 unnamed bonus to charisma and Strenght. You also gain a +2 unnamed bonus to Attack rolls, Damage rolls and AC for 1 round/4 Class levels (minimum 1)

Chaos Unseen
Chaos makes light turn away from you, granting you invisiblity
You are affected by greater invisiblity as per the spell. The effect persists for 1d4 rounds.

Chaos Overwhelm
Chaos pounds on you, overwhelming your senses.
You must make a DC 20 Fort save or be stunned for 1d4 rounds.

Grace of Chaos (Su)
Chaos lends you its power helping you overcome hardship
You gain a bonus equal to your Charisma bonus (if positive) to all saves.

Chaos Initiate (Su)
Your first steps in the route of chaos have been taken
All your attacks count as Chaotic alinged for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction

Chaos Disciple (Su)
Chaos flows through you ever stronger.
2/Day you may add your charisma bonus to your AC as a free action

Chaos Paragon (Su)
Your path to chaos is almost complete
2/Day you may add your charisma bonus to your Attack Roll as a free action

Epitome of Chaos (Su)
Chaos turns negative effects to positive at your whim
Any the you make your save against an ability that causes a numerical penalty to a stat or ability, you instead gain a numerical bonus equal to the same amount you would have taken if you had not made your save. This ability does not extend to hit points or negative levels.
In addition you gain the Chaotic Subtype.

Even though giving it a Smite Law ability might seem like an obvious choice, I didn't see it necessary. Chaos Paragon and Chaos Disciple do much the same things and Wild gives them variety.
So. Is it balanced or will it blow the game up? And are the Wild abilities worth using even when risking taking negative levels or stunning yourself? Or are they too powerful?
I was also thinking of Doing the Divine Anarch and Chaos Mage prestige classes sometime, but don't really know how to go about them.

Here is the Chaos Mage

Much like Chaos Warriors, Chaos mages are the arcane champions of chaos. They are anarchists and fickle in their use of power. They are usually carefree and will blast spell after spell disregarding any limitation while in the worst case scenario, they are simply insane. Chaos Mages are more often sorcerers than wizards for the nature of the sorcerers magic more easily leads to the path of the chaos mage.

Prequisites
Feats: Any three metamagic feats
Spells: The Ability to Cast level 3 arcane spells
Alignment: Any Chaotic

HD: d4

CHAOS MAGE
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Chaos Magic|

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Metachaos Magic|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Elemental Chaos Magic|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6||+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Improved Chaos Magic|+1 level of existing spellcasting class [/table]

Skill Points: A chaos mage gains 2+Int modifier skill points per level
Class Skills: The class skills (and the key ability for each skill) for a Chaos Mage are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge: Arcana (Int), Knowledge: The planes (Int), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int)

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A chaos mage gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Chaos Magic
Choose three spells of each spell level after cantrips. If you don't have three known spells of a level then do not choose any. You may choose spells of that level anytime you have three, but the choice is permanent.
You may prepare a "Chaos Spell" When you cast a chaos spell from any spell level roll randomly from the Chaos Magic pool of the next level. For example
Jared is a Wizard/Chaos Mage. He casts a level 4 Chaos Spell. This means he rolls randomly between his three fifth level spells from his chaos spell pool. The effects of the spell rolled then take place. You need not choose a target before rolling, but you cannot call back your action. After you roll a chaos spell you must use it. Casting a chaos spell is a standard action. You may not add spells that require more time than a standard action to cast.
Spontaneus casters may simply cast Chaos magic and get the effects. They need not prepare anything.

Metachaos Magic
Choose three metamagic feats you have. You may now, at a +1 spell level adjustment cast chaos metamagic spells. Roll randomly between the metamagic effects you have chosen. The spell level adjustment for any chosen metamagic feat cannot exceed +3
Casting a a spell with Metachaos magic takes a standard action

Elemental Chaos Magic
If a spell deals Elemental Damage you may instead choose to roll a d12 on the following table. The spell now deals a type of damage damage according to the roll.

1,2 - fire
3,4 - cold
5,6 - lightning
7,8 - acid
9 - Untyped non-lethal
10 - Negative energy
11 - Sonic
12 - Force

Improved Chaos Magic
You may now cast Chaos Magic taking spells from a pool two levels above it.

Here we go.

DrizztFan24
2009-02-19, 12:30 PM
Epitome of Chaos seems like a very powerful ability. I was simply scanning the page and read that description, my response was, "Holy Crap I like that."

Frog Dragon
2009-02-19, 02:04 PM
It's supposed to be powerful. It's a capstone. To keep people in the class for the full progression. But is it overpowered? It turns Save or Suck into Suck or Pwn. I was also trying to make an ability that is not available through other means. I don't know where to find another source of that. I also refrained from giving it spells bacause it has Wild giving buffs and attacks and even debuffs... on self at random. Though I doubt this will be able to at any level stand up to a full caster. I'm looking to make it a solid, but not overpowered melee PRC

Frog Dragon
2009-02-20, 11:59 AM
Changed the name since now it isn't just for the Chaos Warrior PRC
I added Chaos Mage

Darth Stabber
2009-02-20, 04:49 PM
Chaos warriors Wild table is interesting but i have some suggestions
Draining Chaos - should probably only last the rest of the day, permanent is a bit to rough.
Chaos Combustion - How long does this last? you say per round but you never give a duration
Frost,flame,lightning,acid - all 15ft cones, vary it up a bit like fire = cone, Lightning = line, acid = con, frost = line, and there you go I just put a touch more chaos to your class

Touch of Chaos is not usable frequently enough, how about once per day per target.

make chaos disciple and chaos paragon 1 ability with a choice between the effects, and get more uses over the lvls.
Form more fun when you use the disciple/paragon ability flip a coin, heads = attack bonus, tails = ac bonus. More chaos yet!

On the Chaos mage

Try elemental chaos's roll on the following chart
1d12
1,2 - fire
3,4 - cold
5,6 - lightning
7,8 - acid
9 - Untyped non-lethal
10 - Negative energy
11 - Sonic
12 - Force
Makes the Ability much more desirable, otherwise i would rather just take energy substitution feat and never use this ability.

Come on you know you like that table.

For chaos magic, i would allow the player to put a metamagic'd spell that counts as the lvl in question in one of those chaos spell choices. Example for 4th lvl spells you could put in enervation and Heightened Fireball.

Just my 2cp.

SilentNight
2009-02-21, 02:33 PM
I like the chaos warrior a lot, neat little class with some great abilities, especially the capstone. Apart from that the only thing I can say is to echo Darth Stabber.

Frog Dragon
2009-02-22, 11:19 AM
I have changed it a bit with Darthstabbers suggestions (actually did that a while ago)

Darth Stabber
2009-02-23, 11:17 AM
Still I ask how many rounds chaos combustion lasts.

Frog Dragon
2009-02-23, 11:29 AM
WTFBBQ???? I'm sure I edited that in, but it appears the forum ate my post :smallyuk::smallmad::smallfrown::smallannoyed:

Darth Stabber
2009-02-23, 05:22 PM
Metamagic feats that actually benefit you when in metachaos (core)
Maximize spell - no complaints, save 2 spell levels
Empower - no complaints, save a spell level
that's it in core, You need 3 Metamagic feats to get into the class, but in core you can't get the full benefit, and maximize and empower do almost the same thing (increase the dice part). Any other metamagic feat in core can be cherry picked to only increase spell level by 1, and you don't have to hope for it. Oh my metachaos enervation is coming, come on empower, oh poo I just silent spelled it, shucky darn. and if you aren't using damage spells, the only two that you net anything but putting in don't really affect the spell.

But all these problems go away when you add any splatbook metamagic.

Frog Dragon
2009-02-23, 05:33 PM
Pretty much everyone can access supplemental material so that's no prob.