PDA

View Full Version : [MitP] Corpsekin: Organ Harvester

Maerok
2006-09-13, 09:27 PM
Corpsekin

The spindly little creature strides slowly across the room, standing a little taller than a dwarf. For its stature, the thing had fought you well enough. Now you lie on your back as the atrocity skitters your way. You try to roll over; to get to your feet and escape. But your attempts meet resistance and you realize you're strapped down to a table. The creature hops up onto the table and sits on your stomach. Its dark, soulless eyes peer into your own before its three weak arms reach behind it to remove a small tattered package. It lays out the package across your chest and unrolls it. You look down past your chin to the canvas pouch and its contents: a scalpel, a saw, and some cruel looking blades. Your gaze returns hesistantly to the face of the beast, but its eyes are fixated on the tools, which it picks up one by one. A small chitter rings out from scrapping its tools across one another before it begins...

Size/Type: Medium Undead
Hit Dice: 8d12 (52 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 18 (+4 Dex, +4 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+8
Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d8)
Full Attack: Slam +4 melee (1d8)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Sneak attack 4d6
Special Qualities: Undead traits, Spider Climb, Autopsy
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +9
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 19, Con Ø, Int 21, Wis 18, Cha 15
Skills: Heal +15, Know(anatomy) +16, Hide +15, Use Rope +15, Spot +15, Move Silently +14, Sleight of Hand +14, Profession(surgeon) +16, Search +15
Feats: Improved Grapple
Environment: Places of the dead and dying
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: 9-15 (Medium)

Corpsekin do not speak and don't know any languages.

Autopsy (Ex): A corpsekin is a master of surgery and anatomy of humanoids and monstrous humanoids. With the tools they carry on their backs, they harvest the organs of both the living and the dead. A corpsekin who has pinned an opponent may choose to begin a living autopsy on the next round (or with a helpless opponent). Performing the autopsy requires is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. As long as it maintains its pin, the corpsekin begins to cut away at the opponent from wherever it is holding on. Each round, the opponent loses 1d20% of their maximum HP and must succeed on a Fortitude save opposed by the corpsekin's Heal check or become staggered and suffer 1d4 points of Constitution damage. The corpsekin cannot take 10 on this check unless the opponent is not fighting back (unconscious, paralyzed, helpless, sleeping, etc.). If an opponent fails their save by 3 or more, the corpsekin severs an extremity. If an opponent fails by 5 or more, the corpsekin removes a limb instead. If they fail by 10 or more, the corpsekin takes an organ instead. When a corpsekin kills an opponent during one of its autopsies, the corpsekin gains 1 HD.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-13, 09:32 PM
the (1d8) threw me off. deactivate the smilies, first of all.

Hmmm. Disturbing. Creepy. Like the flavor. I'd give it around a CR 8.

ExHunterEmerald
2006-09-13, 10:18 PM
AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!
MITP Vote: Yes. Now get it away.
...and again I find the smart monsters are also the Evil ones.
That's just disheartening.

Abd al-Azrad
2006-09-14, 03:29 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't see this thing being even close to CR 8. It can't hit with any attack against an 8th-level party, its grapple bonus is pathetically low (given its grapple is its only ability) and its damage is remarkably limited. Without any Bluff ranks, it isn't a threat at all except in groups with flanking tactics. It can, I admit, kill a flat-footed, low-AC target with relative ease. However, 8th-level low-AC targets are rare, and this creature really can't hold its own except in extraordinary circumstances.

I'd say CR 5, despite its ridiculous Sneak Attack damage, just because its combat capacity is so situational.

Jackstu_the_yummy
2006-09-16, 06:06 PM
well the autopsy is cool but the thing is that you can still cast with silentspell and stillspell?If you can then it has no chance.

NullAshton
2006-09-16, 10:07 PM
Why do so many people have to come up with such freaky undead...

asromta
2006-09-17, 02:46 PM
MitP Vote: Yes

Elrosth
2006-09-18, 05:53 AM
Heh. I first skimmed this really quick while it was loading, and then went back to something else in my room. I had thought it said Corpse-skin, and I only (mis)read the first part of the text about it moving slowly across the room. I thought it was supposed to basically be this collection of flesh sliding around and eating people, like the flesh ooze.

Anyway, awesome creepy monster.