PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my Houserules?

TempusCCK
2009-02-19, 05:45 PM
I'm not going to lie, these houserules are pretty extensive, however, this is just my beginning work on the Players Handbook. Please tell me how you think this will effect the balance/soul of the game?

Classes.

Druid- Animal Companion as Ranger

Fighter- 4 Skillpoints per level.
Gains Will Save as Wizard.
Gains Int to Reflex Saves at Level 1.
Gains Int to Crit Confirm at level 3
Gains Int to Bullrush, Trip, and Disarm checks at level 11
Gain Int to bonus and attack during attacks of opportunity at level 15.
Add Tumble, Spot, Listen to class list.

Monk- Flurry of Blows as a Standard Action

No TWF Flurry of Blows- Flurry of Blows is an attack with multiple weapons/limbs, using the base attack bonus as dictated by the table in the PHB. You may apply the weapon bonuses from different weapons to each attack as you see fit, however, one must alternate weapons. So you cannot use a +1 Flaming Kama for all Flurry of Blows attacks however, you can use the Kama for one attack, then an unarmed strike, then the kama again.
Full Base Attack Bonus.

Gain Improved Grapple and Stunning Fist at level 1.

Do not Gain Deflect Arrows at Level 2.

Gain Improved Trip and Improved Disarm at level 6.

Still Mind- A monk of 3rd level or higher gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against any spells that effects that are mind effecting, any figments and glamors, fear effects and any other effects that allow a Will Save.

Do Not Gain Abundant Step

Do Not Gain Quivering Palm

Do Not Gain Empty Body

Paladin- Turn Undead as Cleric

Add Spot, Listen, and Search to skill list.

Lay on Hands based on Wisdom.

Divine Grace based on Wisdom.

Smite Evil Based on Wisdom

Do not loose Smite Evil attempt if you fail.

Gain Bonus Feats at levels 5, 9, 13, 17

Remove Disease removed, replaced with Cleanse- Removes all negative status effects including ability damage, poisons, level drain etc. Usable a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier. To remove magical effects, you must make a check that exceeds a DC of 10 + the level of the spell used + primary casting stat of the caster who caused the ailment. You may add your Wisdom Modifier and ˝ your Paladin Level to the check.

At 7th Level, a Paladin gains Righteous Cause- A paladin gains spell resistance equal to his Paladin level + 10 on any spells or effects that specifically target him, even if they do not normally allow spell resistance.

Gain spells per day as Duskblade, starting at Level 4, without 0 level spells

Ranger- Animal Companion as Druid.

Favored Enemy Replaced With:
˝ Rank Variant

At 1st level, a Ranger may choose a number of favored enemies equal to his intelligence modifier. These types and subtypes become the current Rangers Favored Enemies. At 2nd level, and every 2 levels thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th), the Ranger may change his Favored Enemies as long as the number of them to not exceed his intelligence modifier.

Each level the Ranger gets to adjust his choices of favored enemies, he also gains a number of Favored Enemy points equal to ˝ his Ranger level plus his intelligence modifier. These points can be added to any individual subtype of the Rangers current favored enemies, as long as the number of ranks in each favored enemy does not exceed the Rangers current Ranger level. These Ranks can be added as a competence bonus to any Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, as well as any damage rolls against creatures of the favored enemies subtype.

When a Ranger chooses to lose a favored enemy for another, any and all ranks in that favored enemy slot are lost, a Ranger must invest at least one point into the newest Favored Enemy.

Ex: Vincent is a 2nd level Ranger with an intelligence score of 15, equating to 2 favored enemies. At second level, he now has 3 points with which to spend on his Favored Enemies he chooses Humans and Undead, he increases his rank in Humans to 2, equal to his Ranger level, and cannot add anymore, the remaining point goes into Undead.. At 4th level, Vincent increases his intelligence to 16, granting him a +3 modifier. Vincent adds Aberrations to his Favored Enemy list, and chooses to keep his Undead and Humanoid (Humans). He gets 5 points (2 from his Ranger levels, 3 from his intelligence) to work with at 4th level, and he chooses to put two into Aberrations, 2 into Undead, and the last into Humanoid (Humans), equating to an Undead +3, Humanoid (Humans) +3, and Aberrations +2. At 6th level, Vincent decides to drop Humans from his Favored enemies in favor of Monstrous Humanoids. As well, at 6th level, Vincent has 6 points to invest into his favored enemies. 1 Rank at least has to be given to Monstrous Humanoids, but he can distribute the others as he wishes. He chooses to invest 4 ranks in Monstrous Humanoids, and bring his undead Favored Enemy bonus up to 6. Equating to Undead +5, Monstrous Humanoids +4 and Aberrations +2.

Two Weapon Fighting Combat Style as follows-
Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Rend(Players Handbook 2), Improved Two Weapon Defense.

-Note- A Ranger with the Two Weapon Rend feat gains an additional 1D6 of damage dice to use with his Rend ability for every 3 Ranger levels he has. Feats such as Swift Hunter or Ascetic Hunter cause this to stack with other classes.

Add additional combat style-

Power Attack, Favored Power Attack (CWar, pg 98), Improved Bull Rush.

Gain spells per day as Duskblade, starting at Level 4, without 0 level spells.

Spellcasting Based on Intellect.

Sorceror- Gain Eschew Materials at Level 1 as a bonus feat.

Wizard- Wizard must give up 2 schools of magic to specialize in Divination.
Specialization requires certain abilities beyond just a Wizards intellect to be able adequately prepare additional spells effectively. The additional stat requirements for specialization are below.
Evocation- Charisma 15.
Necromancy- Wisdom 15
Enchantment- Charisma 15
Illusion- Charisma 15
Divination- Wisdom 15
Conjuration- Charisma 15
Transmutation- Wisdom 15

-Note- These stats must be permanent, and not the subject of magic item boosting.

Skills

Survival is Intelligence based

Feats

Combat Expertise – Use of the Combat Expertise Feat now allows you to add 1 and ˝ times your dexterity to your AC for any round in which you use the Combat Expertise Feat. As well, if you use the Combat Expertise Feat while wielding a Light or Heavy shield, you may add twice the sacrificed base attack bonus to your AC as an untyped bonus.

Dodge- Adds an additional +1 to AC per four character levels.

Natural Spell- Removed.

Toughness- Adds an additional 3 + HD at level up.

Two Weapon Defense- Adds an additional +1 to AC per 3 points of Base Attack Bonus.

Two Weapon Fighting- As PHB, but reduces to hit penalty with main hand weapon by an additional 2. A light weapon in the off hand combined with the two weapon fighting feat now gives an attack penalty of -0/-2. As well, this feat allows you to use a single main hand and offhand attack as a Standard Action.

Weapon Focus- Adds 1 to hit per four character levels.

Weapon Specialization- Adds 2 to damage per four character levels.

Mando Knight
2009-02-19, 06:04 PM
I'd actually have the Paladin's spellcasting switched to Charisma, rather than putting its other abilities key off of Wisdom.

Perhaps add an ability for sword-and-board characters to advance their AC as fast as TWF fighters?

TempusCCK
2009-02-19, 06:13 PM
I'm going to be responding to this fast because I'm bored at work...

Perhaps add an ability for sword-and-board characters to advance their AC as fast as TWF fighters?

I've doubled their AC from Combat Expertise when using a shield, do you not think that is enough?

Mad Wizard
2009-02-19, 06:24 PM
I like the majority of these. Many are similar to the ones that I implement. I agree with Mando Knight about giving paladins cha to casting instead of switching everything else to wisdom, if only for simplicity. The one thing that strikes me as kind of odd is the stat restrictions on specializing as a wizard... it's always seemed to me that specializing isn't any more powerful than straight wizard. The stat restrictions seem like they'll prevent anyone from specializing, because it'll be better for them to stick with normal wizard and remain mostly single ability dependent.

Deepblue706
2009-02-19, 06:36 PM
I'm not going to lie, these houserules are pretty extensive, however, this is just my beginning work on the Players Handbook. Please tell me how you think this will effect the balance/soul of the game?

Classes.

Druid- Animal Companion as Ranger

Fighter- 4 Skillpoints per level.
Gains Will Save as Wizard.
Gains Int to Reflex Saves at Level 1.
Gains Int to Crit Confirm at level 3
Gains Int to Bullrush, Trip, and Disarm checks at level 11
Gain Int to bonus and attack during attacks of opportunity at level 15.
Add Tumble, Spot, Listen to class list.

Monk- Flurry of Blows as a Standard Action

No TWF Flurry of Blows- Flurry of Blows is an attack with multiple weapons/limbs, using the base attack bonus as dictated by the table in the PHB. You may apply the weapon bonuses from different weapons to each attack as you see fit, however, one must alternate weapons. So you cannot use a +1 Flaming Kama for all Flurry of Blows attacks however, you can use the Kama for one attack, then an unarmed strike, then the kama again.
Full Base Attack Bonus.

Gain Improved Grapple and Stunning Fist at level 1.
Do not Gain Deflect Arrows at Level 2.
Gain Improved Trip and Improved Disarm at level 6.

Still Mind- A monk of 3rd level or higher gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against any spells that effects that are mind effecting, any figments and glamors, fear effects and any other effects that allow a Will Save.
Do Not Gain Abundant Step

Do Not Gain Quivering Palm

Do Not Gain Empty Body

Paladin- Turn Undead as Cleric

Add Spot, Listen, and Search to skill list.

Lay on Hands based on Wisdom.

Divine Grace based on Wisdom.

Smite Evil Based on Wisdom

Do not loose Smite Evil attempt if you fail.

Gain Bonus Feats at levels 5, 9, 13, 17

Remove Disease removed, replaced with Cleanse- Removes all negative status effects including ability damage, poisons, level drain etc. Usable a number of times per day equal to your Wisdom modifier. To remove magical effects, you must make a check that exceeds a DC of 10 + the level of the spell used + primary casting stat of the caster who caused the ailment. You may add your Wisdom Modifier and ˝ your Paladin Level to the check.

At 7th Level, a Paladin gains Righteous Cause- A paladin gains spell resistance equal to his Paladin level + 10 on any spells or effects that specifically target him, even if they do not normally allow spell resistance.

Ranger- Animal Companion as Druid.

Favored Enemy Replaced With:
˝ Rank Variant

At 1st level, a Ranger may choose a number of favored enemies equal to his intelligence modifier. These types and subtypes become the current Rangers Favored Enemies. At 2nd level, and every 2 levels thereafter (4th, 6th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 20th), the Ranger may change his Favored Enemies as long as the number of them to not exceed his intelligence modifier.

Each level the Ranger gets to adjust his choices of favored enemies, he also gains a number of Favored Enemy points equal to ˝ his Ranger level plus his intelligence modifier. These points can be added to any individual subtype of the Rangers current favored enemies, as long as the number of ranks in each favored enemy does not exceed the Rangers current Ranger level. These Ranks can be added as a competence bonus to any Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, as well as any damage rolls against creatures of the favored enemies subtype.

When a Ranger chooses to lose a favored enemy for another, any and all ranks in that favored enemy slot are lost, a Ranger must invest at least one point into the newest Favored Enemy.

Ex: Vincent is a 2nd level Ranger with an intelligence score of 15, equating to 2 favored enemies. At second level, he now has 3 points with which to spend on his Favored Enemies he chooses Humans and Undead, he increases his rank in Humans to 2, equal to his Ranger level, and cannot add anymore, the remaining point goes into Undead.. At 4th level, Vincent increases his intelligence to 16, granting him a +3 modifier. Vincent adds Aberrations to his Favored Enemy list, and chooses to keep his Undead and Humanoid (Humans). He gets 5 points (2 from his Ranger levels, 3 from his intelligence) to work with at 4th level, and he chooses to put two into Aberrations, 2 into Undead, and the last into Humanoid (Humans), equating to an Undead +3, Humanoid (Humans) +3, and Aberrations +2. At 6th level, Vincent decides to drop Humans from his Favored enemies in favor of Monstrous Humanoids. As well, at 6th level, Vincent has 6 points to invest into his favored enemies. 1 Rank at least has to be given to Monstrous Humanoids, but he can distribute the others as he wishes. He chooses to invest 4 ranks in Monstrous Humanoids, and bring his undead Favored Enemy bonus up to 6. Equating to Undead +5, Monstrous Humanoids +4 and Aberrations +2.

Two Weapon Fighting Combat Style as follows-

Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Rend(Players Handbook 2), Improved Two Weapon Defense.
-Note- A Ranger with the Two Weapon Rend feat gains an additional 1D6 of damage dice to use with his Rend ability for every 3 character levels he has. Feats such as Swift Hunter or Ascetic Hunter cause this to stack with other classes.
Add additional combat style-
Power Attack, Favored Power Attack (CWar, pg 98), Improved Bull Rush.

Sorceror- Gain Eschew Materials at Level 1 as a bonus feat.

Wizard- Wizard must give up 2 schools of magic to specialize in Divination.

Specialization requires certain abilities beyond just a Wizards intellect to be able adequately prepare additional spells effectively. The additional stat requirements for specialization are below. Evocation- Charisma 15.
Necromancy- Wisdom 15
Enchantment- Charisma 15
Illusion- Charisma 15
Divination- Wisdom 15
Conjuration- Charisma 15
Transmutation- Wisdom 15
-Note- These stats must be permanent, and not the subject of magic item boosting.

Skills
Survival is Intelligence based
Feats

Combat Expertise – Use of the Combat Expertise Feat now allows you to add 1 and ˝ times your dexterity to your AC for any round in which you use the Combat Expertise Feat. As well, if you use the Combat Expertise Feat while wielding a Light or Heavy shield, you may add twice the sacrificed base attack bonus to your AC as an untyped bonus.

Dodge- Adds an addition +1 to AC per four character levels.

Natural Spell- Removed.

Toughness- Adds an additional 3 + HD per character level.

Two Weapon Defense- Adds and additional +1 to AC per 3 points of Base Attack Bonus.

Two Weapon Fighting- As PHB, but reduces to hit penalty with main hand weapon by an additional 2. A light weapon in the off hand combined with the two weapon fighting feat now gives an attack penalty of -0/-2. As well, this feat allows you to use a single main hand and offhand attack as a Standard Action.

Weapon Focus- Adds 1 to hit per four character levels.

Weapon Specialization- Adds 2 to damage per four character levels.

Some of these are neat.

I agree Fighters could use 4 skill points per level, even if they don't have too many skills. Actually, I support keeping their lists the same.

Hmm.

Will Save as a Wizard? Okay, that's not going to throw anything out-of-whack. Fighters have absolutely no need for Wisdom aside from Will Saves, so I suppose this will keep them from feeling so bad if they decide they want to dump it.

I don't like the other adjustments made to the class; I personally think they're unnecessary. Also, I think too reliant upon INT.

Full BAB for Monk is certainly called for.

The Paladin's cleanse ability is kinda neat.

I definitely agree Sorcerers should automatically get Eschew Materials, to further differentiate themselves for Wizards.

I also like the specialization changes to Wizards; the need to have other mental attributes makes it harder for them to min-max.

I am a great fan of improving the use of shields, and think the boost they grant when using Combat Expertise is nice.

--------------------------------------

Now, for the rest:

Druid animal companion as ranger: This will certainly keep your Druid from dominating too much. Paired with the removal of Natural Spell, you've taken some steps to tone the class down. However, I cannot help but wonder how much this will harm someone who is unaware of the means to fully exploit either; meaning Druids might be very hard for the unfamiliar to play.

The Fighter changes...

Int to Reflex? Firstly, I don't think Fighters need Reflex saves. They have HP. Also, I'm pretty sure most archetypes of Fighters are not "dodgy" so much as "I'm badass and just take it".

Secondly, you're giving slight (and only slight) reason to put more points into INT, which is actually bad. Sure, Fighters getting more using out of the stat they boost in order to get Combat Expertise could be considered good, if already done; but this is just such a small boost. With all those other boosts, I think it's almost good, but moreso deceptive. Fighters will detract from their STR, DEX or CON thinking this will compensate. It won't. From strictly a mechanical perspective, Fighters shouldn't invest in INT above a 10, unless they really want lots of skills or they plan on exploiting the hell out of trip-fighting. As it stands, I think these minor benefits will sooner fool someone who wants to be a Fighter into making something haphazardly, rather than truly him make an effective character. You need to give INT a use that applies more directly to the Fighter's ability to dish out hits to make the investment worthwhile. Someone not well-versed on Fighters will probably make theirs a cut worse than the average one we already see. It only works for classes like the Warblade because they also have maneuvers, and whatnot. And if you give the Figher a Warblade's technique, well, you may as well just use the Warblade, at that point.

I wouldn't remove anything from the Monk.

Don't give the Ranger an improved pet. He can already control his as a free action. And his combat styles give him lots of attacks. He's got plenty of skills. This Ranger could easily outshine any other warrior who doesn't go for a well-tested build.

Swooper
2009-02-19, 06:42 PM
Just one question (initially at least):

Toughness- Adds an additional 3 + HD per character level.
3+HD per character level? Is this a typo? Because if not, it means Toughness gives an extra 270hp to a 20th level character :smalleek:

Tehnar
2009-02-19, 06:45 PM
I like most of your changes, especially shield boon to combat expertise.

I run games with these houserules of the fighter, which I will spoiler in case you wish to steal something, but as not to hog your thread.

Fighter
Aligment: any
Hit Dice: d10

Class skills:
Balance, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Handle animal, Intimidate,
Jump, Knowledge (history),knowledge(nobility) Proffesion (all, taken seperatly), Ride, Spot, Swim, Tumble

Skill points per level: 4+Int modifier
Base attack progression: Good
Fortitude save: good
Reflex save: good
Will save: poor

Level AttackBonus Fort Refl Will Special
1st +1 +2 +2 +0 Bonus feat
2nd +2 +3 +3 +0 Bonus feat
3rd +3 +3 +3 +1 Weapon aptitude
4th +4 +4 +4 +1 Bonus feat
5th +5 +4 +4 +1 Feat tricks, Weapon focus
6th +6/+1 +5 +5 +2 Bonus feat
7th +7/+2 +5 +5 +2 Bonus exotic weapon proficiency
8th +8/+3 +6 +6 +2 Bonus feat
9th +9/+4 +6 +6 +3 Weapon specialization
10th +10/+5 +7 +7 +3 Bonus feat
11th +11/+6/+1 +7 +7 +3 Greater weapon focus, combat trick
12th +12/+7/+2 +8 +8 +4 Bonus feat
13th +13/+8/+3 +8 +8 +4 Greater weapon specialization
14th +14/+9/+4 +9 +9 +4 Bonus feat
15th +15/+10/+5 +9 +9 +5 Combat trick
16th +16/+11/+6/+1 +10 +10 +5 Bonus feat
17th +17/+12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5
18th +18/+13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 Bonus feat
19th +19/+14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 combat trick
20th +20/+15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 Bonus feat, armor supremacy

Weapon aptitude(ex): the fighter can change his weapon related feats (such as weapon focus, weapon specialization, improved critical) to any weapon he is proficient with. He cannot change his weapon proficiencies using weapon aptitude. The process takes 24h. He effectivly loses his old feats and gains new ones with the new weapon of his choice.

Bonus exotic weapon proficiency(ex): the fighter gains Exotic weapon proficiency with a exotic weapon of his choice (the fighter must have had a chance to train with such a weapon).

Weapon focus: At level 5 the fighter gains te bonus feat weapon focus with a weapon he is proficient in. This is a normal feat
and can be changed with weapon aptitude. At lvl 9 he gains weapon specialization with the chosen weapon, at lvl 11 greater weapon focus, and at lvl 13 greater weapon specialization. If he allready has weapon focus (or any other feats), he can chose another feat from
the fighter bonus feats.

Combat tricks:
The fighter chooses one of the tricks from the list below. At levels 15 and 19 he chooses another:

Fighters mettle: A fighter no longer treats a natural 1 on any attack roll, or on any saving throw as a automatic failture.

Fighters mobility: During combat a fighter can take one extra move action per round. So a fighter could take a full round action, and a move action, or a standard action and 2 move actions, etc. He still cannot move and take a 5ft step at the same time. This ability has
no effect on overland movement speed.

Fighters dance: Every time a fighter hits a creature in combat, he can take a free 5ft step.

Fighters opportunity: Every time a figher hits a creature in combat with a attack of oportunity, the creature must make a Fort save with a DC equal to 10+1/2 Bab + Fighters strenght modifier, or lose the action that provoked the AoO.

Fighters strike: If a fighter hits a creature 2 or more times in one round, all attacks made against that creature in the next round are made with a +2 bonus to attack.

Fighters skill: The fighter picks a number of skills equal to his INT bonus (minimum 1, skills must be on his skill class list). He can allways take 10 with those skills, and to these skills armor check penalty no longer applies. This trick can be taken more then once, each time it applies to different skills.

Fighters impediment: If a fighter hits a creature 2 or more times in one round, that creature treats the area the fighter threatens as difficult terrain. Additionally that creature cannot take 5ft steps until the beginning of the fighters next turn.

Quick recovery:
Whenever a fighter is subject to a negative effect that has a duration greater then 1 round, and shorter then permanent, that negative effect lasts for only half as long as it normally would (round down).

Fighter bonus: As the fighter gains experience he starts to develop certain new abilities with feats that he knows, and feats that he will learn. As the fighter reaches level 5 and beyond he unlocks certain new abilities from fighter bonus feats. These abilities might lower the prerequisite to learn a feat, add a new way to use a feat, or add a bonus to the feats effect. To unlock this bonus a character must have fighter levels equal or greater then the bonus in the feat description. Substitution levels apply, but class features such as weapon aptitude (warblade) do not. A fighter must learn the feat in order to gain its bonus.

Armor supremacy: A fighter picks one type of armor he is proficient in (such as full plate). While wearing the armor he gains the following:
- +1 bonus to armor AC
- the fighter can don or remove the armor as a full round action (and does not require help)
- his armor bonus contributes to his touch AC (even his incorporal touch AC)
- while wearing his chosen armor the fighter is considered to be under the effect of a freedom of movement spell
- 2x his armor bonus as resistance to cold, fire, acid, electricity, and sonic
- that armor no longer cause armor check penalties to the fighter
- the armor has no maximum dexterity bonus

And the added bonus to fighter feats is here:

Blind fighting
Fighter bonus 5: the bonuses from blind fighting apply to ranged attacks as well.
Fighter bonus 15: you get no penalties to your movement speed for not being able to see,
or if the visibility is limited. Also you gain can detect illusions that have only a
visual component (such as silent image).

Cleave:
Fighter bonus 7: When you perform a cleave attack you gain a +1 bonus to attack and dmg with that attack.

Combat Expertise:
Fighter bonus 5: as normal, except there is no limit to the amount bab you can convert to AC.

Combat reflexes:
Fighter bonus 9: you can take one additional attack of oportunity per round.
Fighter bonus 17: you can take one more additional attack of oportunity per round, for a maximum of
3+dex modifier attacks of oportunity per round.

Deflect arrows:
Fighter bonus 13: you can use a shield (heavy, light or tower) to deflect a arrow instead of having a
hand free.

Dodge:
Fighter bonus 5: instead of the normal benefits, you gain a permanent +1 dodge bonus to AC as long as
you are not flatfooted. If you normaly needed to designate a opponent to use another feat related to dodge
(such as elusive target), you still need to do so.

Far shot:
Fighter bonus 13: you take a -1 penalty per range increasement (instead of -2).

Great Cleave:
Fighter bonus 9: when you perform a cleave attack you gain +2 bonus to attack and dmg for all attacks made
before the start of your next round. This cleave attack cant trigger of creatures that pose no threat to you,
and you gain only one bonus per round (no matter how many cleave attacks you make).

Greater two weapon fighting:
Fighter bonus 11: the fighter needs only 17 dex to gain this feat (instead of 19). All other prerequites are the
same.

Greater weapon focus:
Fighter bonus 9: you gain a addititional +1 bonus when confirming a critical threat roll with the weapon you have
greater weapon focus in (for a toatl of +2 with weapon focus, or +6 with power critical).

Greater weapon specialization:
Fighter bonus 13: you do an extra 1d4/1d6/1d8 dmg (with x2/x3/x4 crit modifiers) when dealing dmg with a critical hit. This bonus only applies if you are using
a weapon with which you have greater weapon specilisation, and it replaces the bonus critical dmg from weapon
specialization.

Improved bull rush:
Fighter bonus 11: you do not have to move with your enemy if you wish to push him more then 5 ft. You can push him any
distance (as determined by the opposed strenght check). If yo choose not to move with the defender, the defender
does not provoke attacks of oportunity from you (but still does from others as normal). If you choose to move
with the defender you do not provoke attacks of oportunity from others due to this movement. If you are a target
of an unsuccesfull bull rush, you gain an aditional attack of oportunity against the attacker. Additionaly you can
bull rush any number of opponents(provided they are in the same line as your first oponent. You must enter each opponents
square, the bullrush is made with a cumulative -4 penalty for every oponent other then the first (-4 on second, -8 on thired,
etc..)
Fighter bonus 17: you can bull rush creatures 2 size categories greater then you, and gain a +4 bonus on strenght
checks against creatures larger then you.

Improved critical:
Fighter bonus 13: you deal 50% of your bonus critical dmg to creatures who are normaly immune to criticals, but still have
some sort of an anatomy. Typically this works on creatures such as skeletons, zombies, golems but not oozes and swarms.
You must have a weapon that wholy bypasses the target creatures dmg reduction to gain this bonus.

Improved disarm:
Fighter bonus 7: You can attempt to disarm a creatures natural weapons. The creatures natural weapons are always treated
as two handed (thus gaining a +4 bonus on the disarm roll). If you are sucessfull the creature takes a -5 penalty to
attack and dmg rolls with that natural weapon for 1 minute.

Improved feint:
Fighter bonus 5: you take no penalty if your target is of animal intelignece, or non humanoid. You still cant feint
non inteligent creatures.
Fighter bonus 11: you add half your bab (round down) to your bluff check.

Improved grapple:
Fighter bonus 5: You can attempt to pull a creature off balance, making your next attacks easier. You can perform this even
if you have no free hands. Make a touch attack (that does not provoke a attack fo oportunity) and if you hit make a oposed grapple
check. If you win the creature is not grappled but takes a -1 penalty to AC and -2 penalty to attack and opposed rolls
(such as trip, disarm, etc). These penalties last until the end of the creatures turn.
Fighter bonus 11: You do not need to make a grapple check to draw a light weapon, and do not take -4 penalty to attacks made while grappling.
Fighter bonus 17: You can grapple creatures two size categories larger then you, and gain a +4 modifier to grapple checks
agains creatures at least one size categorie larger then you.

Improved initiative:
Fighter bonus 7: you can, during the first round of combat, as a swift action move 10 ft. This movement provokes attacks
of oportunity.

Improved overrun:
Fighter bonus 9: You can overun any number of oponents, as a part of the same overun atttempt. You take a -4 cumulative
penalty for every opponent other then the first.

Improved precise shot:
Fighter bonus 12: You only need 17 dexterity to qualify for this feat. All other prerequisites are the same.

Improved shield bash:
Fighter bonus 13: Your shield is treated as one category larger in regards to damage dealt

Improved sunder:
Fighter bonus 7: You can attempt to hamstring creatures. You must declare you are attempting to do so. Then make a attack against the creature,
if it hits make a opposed sunder check (the opponent always gets +4 bonus, as if she were wielding a 2 handed weapon, she also gets bonuses
if she has more then two feet or is exceptionaly stable). If the sunder check is succesfull deal your normal damage and the creature's speed
is 1/2 normal. The speed reduction lasts for 1 minute.

Improved trip:???

Improved two weapon fighting:
Fighter bonus 7: A fighter needs only 15 dex to select this feat after level 7.

Improved unarmed strike:
Fighter bonus 7: Whenever you need to make a touch attack to initiate a special combat action (such as a trip or grapple attempt),
you can choose to make a normal melee unarmed attack. If this attack hits, you deal your normal unarmed strike dmg, and start the special combat action as normal.

Manyshot:
fighter bonus 11: You add precision based damage to two arrows instead of just one. You can choose which arrows gain the
precision based damage. You make the choice before making attack rolls.

Mobility:
Fighter bonus 7: your speed in medium armor is your full normal speed (30 ft for a human). You gain the benefit of this speed
only in combat (not for hustling, overland travel etc). This does not allow you to use feats and or abilities that require
light armor or light load to function. The penalties for various loads still apply.
Fighter bonus 15: same as for fighter bonus 7, but also works for heavy armor.

Mounted archery:???

Mounted combat:???

Point blank shot:
fighter bonus 7: You gain +2 to damage against foes within 30 ft (instead of +1)

Precise shot:
Fighter bonus 9: when attacking with reach weapons you ignore the effects of soft cover.

Quick draw:
Fighter bonus 5: A fighter can also ready a shield (buckler, heavy or light) as a free action.

Rapid reload:???

Rapid shot:???

Ride by attack:???

Shot on the run:???

Snatch arrows:???

Spirited charge:???

Spring attack:
Fighter bonus 15: The fighter may use this feat while in heavy armor.

Stunning fist:
Fighter bonus 9: The fighter my use this feat one additional time per day.
Fighter bonus 11: The fighter may use a shield (instead of a unarmed strike) to use this feat.
Fighter bonus 15: The fighter may use this feat one more aditional time per day.

Trample:???

Two weapon defence:
Fighter bonus 5: A fighter needs only 13 dex to select this feat after level 5.

Two weapon fighting:
Fighter bonus 5: A fighter needs only 13 dex to select this feat after level 5.

Weapon finesse:
Fighter bonus 5: You can use a shield in your offhand with no penalties.

Weapon focus:
Fighter bonus 5: You get a +1 bonus to your critical confirmation roll.

Weapon specialization:
Fighter bonus 9: You gain bonus damage on your critical dmg rolls. You gain +1d2 dmg if your weapon multiplier is x2,
+1d3 for x3, and +1d4 for x4

Whirlwind attack:
Fighter bonus 11: While using the whirlwind attack feat you can move up to 10 ft. This movement does not provoke attacks of
oportunity. As normal with whirlwind attack, you can give up your regular attacks and instead make one melee attack at your full
base attack bonus against each opponent within reach. Unlike the normal use of this feat you can make attacks from your starting,
position, move 5 ft, and if you threaten new creatures now make more attacks. You can again move 5ft and if you find more
new creatures you threaten, you can attack them. You can make only one attack per creature, but you can choose the square
from which the attack originates (as long as you still threaten the creature from that square). You cannot take a 5ft step during the round
you move using the whirlwind attack feat, and you cannot take any other actions while using the whirlwind attack feat.
When you use the Whirlwind Attack feat, you also forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats, spells, or abilities (such
as the Cleave feat or the haste spell)
Fighter bonus 15: As above but you can move 15 ft.
Fighter bonus 19: As above but you can move 20 ft.

Also I would prefer to have paladin abilities key of charisma instead of wisdom, even spells known, and highest spell.

TempusCCK
2009-02-19, 07:05 PM
Mad Wizard – The Wizard Specializations are in place because it’s generally accepted that specializing does increase the power level of a Wizard by giving them more spells per day. I wanted to make them a little more MAD for their boost, and it’s thematically appropriate.

Deepblue- I took the Intelligence stuff from the Warblade because I like what it does thematically. However, you do make an excellent point on how it creates more MAD with Fighters, I may have rethink it. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to throw them out.

I removed Monk abilities that I did not think were very flavorful/useful.

I’ll also consider Druid/Ranger animal companions using the Ranger Animal Companion for both, seeing as how I’ll probably have one being played in the upcoming session these rules were compiled for. You may be right.

Swooper- No, you gain your number of hitdice, plus 3, just like “Improved Toughness” So at level 20, a fighter would roll 1d10 + Con + 23.

Tehnar- I like some of your Fighter fixes, especially the Combat Tricks portion, I may have to steal that for my fighters if I redo them based on Deepblues analysis.

Mad Wizard
2009-02-19, 07:12 PM
Mad Wizard – The Wizard Specializations are in place because it’s generally accepted that specializing does increase the power level of a Wizard by giving them more spells per day. I wanted to make them a little more MAD for their boost, and it’s thematically appropriate.

Swooper- No, you gain your number of hitdice, plus 3, just like “Improved Toughness” So at level 20, a fighter would roll 1d10 + Con + 23.

I pulled out the two things I'm referring to. I understand that specializations do generally increase the power of a wizard, but I think that you might have gone farther than necessary: I doubt most wizards want to put that high of a stat into a stat that used to be a dump stat. Secondly, this formula does, in fact, give a 20th level character 270 extra hp: at level twenty, they will have gotten (4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15+16+17+18+19+20+21+2 2+23)=270 extra hp. This seems a bit excessive. Improved Toughness, if I remember correctly, gives a single bonus hit point at each level, for a total bonus of 20 hp at level twenty.

TempusCCK
2009-02-19, 07:23 PM
Ah, yes, I see where we were getting mixed up. Ambiguous wording fixed. Thank you.