PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Classic Lite - Game on!

Pages : [1] 2

Mordokai
2009-02-19, 07:09 PM
This is basically your classic game, with one rather drastic change. Save for wolves, there are no power roles! No masons, no seer, no fool, no baner and of course, no devil. The point, you ask? We wanna make villagers start thinking with their own head again, not just wait for seer to take their hand and lead them to victory. Hopefully, this will lead to some interesting debates, some good strategies and perhaps it will show that people still know how to play the game as it was originally intended: with their own wits, not just by waiting for some higher force to show them the way.

I'm looking for 20 players, 15 is the very minimum that I will take. If this will work, in the future we can make the game bigger. We work on the first come, first served base. Once I get enough players, recruitment will close, roles will go out and we can start playing right away. There will be no autolynch replacements! So if you want to play, better sign up fast. And if you think you can't post once in every five days, then don't sign up and give somebody who actually wants to play a chance. Autolynch will be enforced after two days of nonposting. Days last 48 hours, nights last 24 hours.

With this, we want to prove that villager is not a boring and powerless role, as so many players think. So if you agree with this, sign up now!

Happyturtle is my co-narrator, if she still wants the place. If not, I'll do it myself.

List of players(5/21):

1. Alarra - lyched day 7, villager
2. Andre Fairchilde - lynched day 3, villager
3. banjo1985
4. bayar - lynched day 6, villager
5. Blue Umbrella - killed night 3, villager
6. dallas-dakota - killed night 2, villager
7. Dirk Kris - killed night 4, villager
8. Fin - lynched day 9, villager
9. gnome_4ever - lynched day 5, werewolf
10. Griever - autolynched day 9, werewolf
11. Haruki-kun - lynched day 2, villager
12. Jontom Xire - lynched day 8, villager
13. lamech - lynched day 1, villager
14. Lex-kat
15. radikalskippy - killed night 8, villager
16. Recaiden
17. Selrahc - lynched day 4, villager
18. The Bushranger
19. Uncle Festy - killed night 7, villager
20. Wolfbane - killed night 5, villager
21. Zar Peter

Alarra
2009-02-20, 02:27 AM
I shall play.

Boo
2009-02-20, 02:33 AM
This will be the last one I sign up for.

*ahem*

In like Supagoof

happyturtle
2009-02-20, 02:39 AM
You nut. I started a thread too. :smalltongue:

Alarra, you can delete mine. And yes, I'm in as your conarrator. You'll need someone to keep track of all the night actions.

Griever
2009-02-20, 03:00 AM

Lex-Kat
2009-02-20, 03:41 AM
In, like... Well, like Lex-kat. Cuz I'm an original. :smalltongue:

Selrahc
2009-02-20, 03:51 AM
I'll join up.

Jontom Xire
2009-02-20, 03:59 AM
Yeah, go on then, sign me up.

Bayar
2009-02-20, 04:28 AM
Sign me up on the paranoia list.

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-02-20, 04:32 AM
I shall join.

Zar Peter
2009-02-20, 05:13 AM
Well, how could I not join? IN!

banjo1985
2009-02-20, 05:22 AM
In like Zar Peter.

Recaiden
2009-02-20, 08:03 AM
In like Mordokai.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-20, 08:08 AM
In, but mostly because it's Mordokai.

Fin
2009-02-20, 08:12 AM
In, with Cake!

*looks at all the 'In, Like...' entries*

Oh Supagoof, what have you done?

Lamech
2009-02-20, 08:23 AM
IN. I'm totally claiming to be a seer when this game starts by the way.

Alarra
2009-02-20, 08:42 AM
You nut. I started a thread too. :smalltongue:

Alarra, you can delete mine. And yes, I'm in as your conarrator. You'll need someone to keep track of all the night actions.

Already did.

UncleWolf
2009-02-20, 08:56 AM
I'll be glad to play.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-20, 10:13 AM
In like Banjo.

Haruki-kun
2009-02-20, 10:28 AM
*struggles with himself*

GAH!

I'm in.

The Bushranger
2009-02-20, 10:32 AM
In!

*goes flying with the pixie*

Uncle Festy
2009-02-20, 10:40 AM
In with a tasty, tasty piece of chocolate.
…*and I think that's #20, though I'm not sure.

happyturtle
2009-02-20, 10:47 AM
Alarra
banjo1985
bayar
Blue Umbrella
dallas-dakota
Dirk Kris
Fin
gnome_4ever
Griever
Haruki-kun
Jontom Xire
lamech
Lex-kat
radikalskippy
Recaiden
Selrahc
The Bushranger
Uncle Festy
Wolfbane
Zar Peter

One slot left.

Skippy
2009-02-20, 10:48 AM
Of course I'm in! This looks promising

Edit: Did I arrive too late?

Edit 2: Seems like it was just in time!

happyturtle
2009-02-20, 10:53 AM
Recruitment Closed

Role PMs should go out tonight, with the day starting shortly thereafter.

Mordokai
2009-02-20, 11:31 AM
Stop stealing my spotlight, dammit! :smalltongue:

Ahem! Yeah, that's it people. 20 players. Roles should go out in about *checks* five, six hours. I think it's the best if we continue the game in this thread, so check it back here once you get that role PM. It shouldn't take long for opening narration to be up.

Narrator over and out!

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-20, 04:58 PM
Gah! Couldn't get in! Curses! :smallfrown:

Mordokai
2009-02-20, 05:41 PM
((Since we're nice guys, we'll let Andre join :smallbiggrin: So we have 21 players, list updated and...))

Game starts now!

Time: somewhere between Christ birth and now.
Place: a quiet and serene village a sight of future bloodbath
Purpose: FUN!

We find ourselves overlooking a small village, nestled among the hills, as it starts waking on the beautiful morning. Birds are singing, sun is shining... it's the very picture of serenity. But this isn't to last for long.

The day goes by more or less uneventful. A tax collector here, a broken wheel on a carriage... the usual. Kids breaking a window in the inn results in owner starting the chase and spanking one of them. The night quickly draws in and as it does, two persons can be spotted walking down the street.

“Life is good lately, isn't it?“

“Indeed. No wolves around for some time. I think I'm going to throw wolfbane away. It stinks anyway! Maybe I'll start cultivating roses...“

And with that, the woman throws a large bag onto the bonfire in the center of the village, to which they have just arrived. A foul smoke start coming out of it and is gone as soon as it starts.

“That was a bad idea...“

A low growl comes from behind them, just from the edge of the light circle given by bonfire. And soon after that, a small man walks into it, horns protruding from his skull.

“Ah, mister Mordokai and miss Turle... what a delight to see you. Too bad this will be the last of it. Boys, get them.“

A crunching noises can be heard, as fangs start breaking the bones. Soon, the feast is over.

“Now what?“

“Now, we get the rest of them. Without these two, they are powerless and... oh, excuse me.“

A loud beeping can be heard from within his robes and he reaches in them, pulling out... a beeper?

“Well, damn! It would appear Lucifer demands my presence in Hell. Something about paperwork I'm sure it's nothing, but I can't let him wait. So I'm afraid you're going to have to do this on your own. Cha cha!“

And with a twist of his coat, he dissapears in a plum of smoke, before surprised wolves can do so much as blink.

“So what do we do now?“

But before they can get any further, an alarm is raised. It would seem the screams of the first two victims didn't go unnoticed after all. Not much is left for the wolves but to dissapear.

When villagers arrive at the scene, they find mutilated bodies of Mordokai and happyturle. It's soon clear what's going on.

“They killed seer and baner on night one! What do we do now?!“

“They haven't gotten masons yet! Quickly, to the club house!“

But much to their chagrin, when they arrive, they find only a note on the doors.

Left for union vacation, be back in a month or so. Keep safe! Sincerely yours

The Masons

Well, this is certainly a kick in the nuts. Looks like you're left to your own wits. Lets just hope you still have them...

Summary: Mordokai was killed by wolves, he was the seer. happyturtle was killed by wolves, she was the baner. Day one starts now and ends in 48 hours.

Lamech
2009-02-20, 06:35 PM
So this means I'm the fool?

Selrahc
2009-02-20, 06:54 PM
Of course I'm in! This looks promising

Edit: Did I arrive too late?

Edit 2: Seems like it was just in time!

Last in, first out! Radikalskippy to die! Let's burn him, or hit him with a silver hatstand or whatever you're supposed to do with wolves. Possibly we are supposed to cry them? Or is that what you're not supposed to do?

Anyway. Blood!

UncleWolf
2009-02-20, 07:23 PM
Selrahc for being the first to want blood.

Lamech
2009-02-20, 07:45 PM
Didn't we burn you wolfbane

Lex-Kat
2009-02-20, 08:14 PM
I say we kill Andre. He snuck in, even after the doors were closed. That's a very sneaky and wolf-like thing to do.

The Bushranger
2009-02-20, 09:26 PM
ShadowAndre! He has to be a wolf! :smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-20, 10:19 PM
Who me? Anyone added at the last minute is always a villager. At least that's what Mordokai did for me.

Haruki-kun
2009-02-20, 10:23 PM
And THIS is how you thank him? By killing him? :smalltongue:

Well, my first day point is on lamech.

Recaiden
2009-02-20, 10:37 PM
No, we'll burn lamech

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-21, 12:36 AM
Andre opens up his tavern, the Wolves Bane, just like in Classic (which I missed the sign up for last game :smallmad:).

"Bar's open! No shoving! Drinks are half-price for the next 15 posts, or until night - whichever happens first. I'm not made of money you know."

Boo
2009-02-21, 01:26 AM
Haruki gets my point..

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-02-21, 02:43 AM
What? Who?

... What's going on? Peopel are dead? Oh I'm so confused...
*joins bandwagon* Lamech?

Jontom Xire
2009-02-21, 04:56 AM
I point at Bayar, for a first day point.

Zar Peter
2009-02-21, 06:33 AM
Oh god! Day 1 and Seer and Baner already gone... that doesn't sound good!

Andre, a drink for me please. Strong. And point at Selrahc... first pointers are always suspicous.

Bayar
2009-02-21, 07:00 AM
Lamech because I am interested if people will bandwagon me now. Even though that would be unwise.

Boo
2009-02-21, 07:06 AM
Yes, we wouldn't want to risk lynching a seer baner mason villager/wolf. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-02-21, 09:22 AM
Two early frontrunners, Lamech and Selrahc...hmmmm.

Selrahc to even things up.

Lamech
2009-02-21, 09:31 AM
Selrahc, umm... after you to the lynching post

Selrahc
2009-02-21, 12:04 PM
No no Lamech, after you. It would be rude to claim more than my fair share of the credit if we catch a wolf.

Skippy
2009-02-21, 01:53 PM
I point at Selrahc for being the first one to point. And against me, nothing less.

Recaiden
2009-02-21, 04:14 PM
Rum with raspberry juice in it then, Andre. Why did they stay where the wolves could get them both? And the masons leaving us right when we need them.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-21, 09:01 PM
An old man wanders into the bar. "Half price drinks? Sounds good! I'll take whatever you have."
And lamech, to tie it up.

happyturtle
2009-02-22, 05:52 PM
End of Day 1

During the day, the wolves, in their human forms, spread out amongst the villagers spreading fear. It wasn't a very difficult job.

"What do we do?"

"We're doomed!"

"Look! Over there! He looks guilty!"

"No, that guy!"

"Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?!"

"Look! At him! A zombie hippo! And he was the first to suggest lynching. GET HIM!"

"No wait... look at that guy with wings. That's suspicious!"

"What, wolves don't have wings?"

"They don't? Then he must have put them on as a disguise to fool us into thinking he wasn't a wolf!"

The crowd could not argue with that logic. So they dragged the angel to the hastily built gallows in the town square.

"Any last words, wolf?"

"Hurry it up. I could hang a dozen men while you're screwing around," Lamech snarled.

So they did. But when they cut down the body, they found that it was only a man.

Summary:
Lamech was killed. He was a villager.

Autolynch warning:
The following players did not vote today. They must vote on day two to avoid autolynch:

Alarra
Andre Fairchilde
dallas-dakota
Dirk Kris
Fin
Griever

Lamech
2009-02-22, 09:06 PM
Aww... I liked living...

Mordokai
2009-02-23, 05:38 PM
Night 1 ends.

A night watch is organised, to help protect the village better. Few brave men volunteer themselves to stay up for entire night and each of them is given a torch. As night drops, each of them sets on his way, ever so vigilant. As long hours pass, each of them shouts to the others from time to time, to check if everything is ok. And from the looks of it... everything is ok. How very strange...

Night passes and morning comes. As names are called out, each and every inhabitant of the village turns out. No missing limbs, no bloody wounds... nothing. It would appear wolves decided to take it easy tonight.

Summary: nobody was killed tonight. Day 2 beggins now and ends in 48 hours.

Fin
2009-02-23, 05:57 PM
Selhrac, cause he was the other bandwagon to the lamech one!

Boo
2009-02-23, 06:03 PM
Using last night as a basis for my point, Alarra is most likely a wolf. She's fairly busy in real life, and would likely not have had time to check up on this game.

Other suspects include:

Uncle Festy
RS
Haruki
Bayar
Zar Peter

And that's all for now. Don't expect me to say why, nor to keep this list indefinitely. It'll probably change if I don't die tonight.

Alarra
2009-02-23, 06:13 PM
Don't be silly. No matter how busy I am, I would never allow a night kill to just pass me by. I've been checking this game. I just didn't have any suspicions yesterday.

Today?
Dallas-Dakota

Uncle Festy
2009-02-23, 06:17 PM
Blue Umbrella, for being suspicious of me.

UncleWolf
2009-02-23, 06:19 PM
You won't escape me this time. Selrahc.

Lex-Kat
2009-02-23, 06:52 PM
Bayar for challenging us to point at him.

Lamech because I am interested if people will bandwagon me now. Even though that would be unwise.

Well, I accept your challenge, sir. Now how woul dyou like your haircut?

Haruki-kun
2009-02-23, 10:24 PM
Other suspects include:

Uncle Festy
RS
Haruki
Bayar
Zar Peter

And that's all for now. Don't expect me to say why, nor to keep this list indefinitely. It'll probably change if I don't die tonight.[/FONT]

Ah, well, the reason why is fairly simple, you know I'm busy these days and the night action was missed. Not to mention I'm an even higher constant than Murska, but don't stand out as much. Advantage of being more of a joke gamer than a strategist.

Very clever, I'd be very suspicious of me, too.

That being said, let's go with Festy for today.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-23, 11:22 PM
Ah! Dear patrons, I’ve been remiss!

Oh god! Day 1 and Seer and Baner already gone... that doesn't sound good!

Andre, a drink for me please. Strong. And point at Selrahc... first pointers are always suspicous.

Here you go sir. I know that you like your beers – and although I like mine to be stouts – here is good old American beer for you (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_brands_of_beer_have_the_highest_alcohol_cont ent&alreadyAsked=1&rtitle=What_is_the_strongest_beer).

Rum with raspberry juice in it then, Andre. Why did they stay where the wolves could get them both? And the masons leaving us right when we need them.

(Writes that one down. Sounds very very sweet.)

And here is your drink dear sir. Of course this rum is Bacardi 151 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacardi_151).

Let me know if you want me to set it on fire first.

(Set's bottle on the bar. Picks up bottle, poors two shots, drinks one shot, and set's bottle down again.)

*shudder*

My thoughts are that the wolves were disorganized for the first night phase, and probably didn’t have time and no one stepped up to send in the kill.

Just my suspicion.

So, with that said – who are the WW players that would not step up over the last night phase, or that have been inactive – or most importantly may not have realized that they themselves had the power to send in the kill? To control life and death?

I am going with Haruki Kun. Either he is a wolf, or it will be a mercy to lynch him out of the game so he can better keep up with his studies. Either way I’m with this win-win point I’m due for a karma boost, and so are you if you agree.

Skippy
2009-02-23, 11:28 PM
What is this? Someone is trying to find guilt in a good friend of mine? I point at Andre for trying to discharge his conscience on Haruki.

Zar Peter
2009-02-24, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the beer, Andre!

And nnoooww... whoo to pooint at... man, I feeel dizzy...

point at Selrahc, maybe there is something in the "other bandwagon" theory.

Jontom Xire
2009-02-24, 04:24 AM
I point at Haruki-kun. Just because.

banjo1985
2009-02-24, 05:29 AM
Well, the villagers need to lynch every day to have a chance in this game, but it's still too early to have much to go on. As such I'm going to push one of the bandwagons and hope we drop lucky. I've voted for Selrahc in too many games really, so I'll push the Haruki wagon.

Selrahc
2009-02-24, 06:27 AM
Haruki Kun, and I do like the idea of going through this game as the alternate bandwagon every single day, with no possibility of reprieve from the Seer, and no possibility of anyone getting new evidence from my points as I lurch from self saving point to self saving point. But really I'm probably going to get lynched either today or tomorrow :smallamused:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-24, 08:24 AM
Just so everyone knows my thoughts

1. HK may be innocent
2. An overwhelming bandwagon helps only the wolves to hide
3. I will never trust rp'ers again
4. Consistently from what I've seen, some wolves post right after the kill scenes
5. Changing my vote to Recaiden.

Dirk Kris
2009-02-24, 08:33 AM
Uncle Festy because I'm still bitter about LotR. And he's, ya know, shifty.

Boo
2009-02-24, 11:20 AM
It's funny because I've suspected Haruki since day one based on his first point. Yeah, it's usually not informative, but it felt like Toasty's in Assassins.

I wouldn't be surprised of both Alarra and Haruki were wolves.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-24, 11:36 AM
Dirk Kris, unless you properly grudge him that shall span all LotR WW games!

Haruki-kun
2009-02-24, 12:54 PM

1. HK may be innocent
4. Consistently from what I've seen, some wolves post right after the kill scenes

Hey, kids! Let's look into Andre's mind for a second!

"Hey guys, let's lynch this guy!.... no, it's totally not my idea. He might be innocent.

Oh, but let's lynch him! Just remember, lynch him, but don't bandwagon him because that doesn't help the villagers.

Which might be what I want."

The Bushranger
2009-02-24, 01:01 PM
Haruki-kun.

Recaiden
2009-02-24, 07:04 PM

1. HK may be innocent

My own bartender is trying to get me killed? I knew I should have left town to go into business with my cousin. The main reason I speak up in the morning is that I've got a lot to do. I try to consider everything, but i want my voice to be heard if I can't. I may never trust Andre Fairchilde again.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-24, 09:12 PM
Suspicious of Haruki which is also, conveniently, a counterpoint. Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-02-24, 10:04 PM
I think I'm going to vote for Andre, for acting so suspicious.

Griever
2009-02-25, 02:13 AM
Griever waves at Haruki-kun. Some weather we've been having, isn't it?

Bayar
2009-02-25, 03:05 AM
Andre, because I cannot bear to point at Haruki :biggrin:

Mordokai
2009-02-25, 05:56 PM
Day 2 ends.

“Soooo... last day was rather counterproductive, wasn't it?“

“What do you mean?“

“Killing a villager. Isn't that something bad?“

“Naaaaah! We're just getting started! Need to warm up and all that, you understand.“

“So killing innocents is ok if it leads to us finding the wolves, is that what you're saying?“

“Now you're getting it! C'mon, who do we kill today?“

“That doesn't make any sense! Surely there is a way to find wolves without risking innocents getting hurt while doing so. There must be...“

“What about that guy? He has wings. He must be one of them!“

::facepalm:: “Now you're just being stubborn! We killed the guy with the wings yesterday and look where it got us.“

“Somebody get the noose!“

And before the poor Haruki can even gather his wits, the noose is already hanging around his neck.

“Any last words?“

“How about... your have the wrong guy, don't hang me?!“

“Nice try. You get plus for originality. Pull the plug boys!“

But when the plug is pulled the village finds out that wings can be a real pain in the butt, when it comes to hanging somebody. Haruki just floats in the air, laughting at everybody. That is, before the villagers find a solution to the problem. (http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/AngelicSlayer30-2-Screwed.png) And then, everybody is happy. Well, everybody but Haruki.

“Now can we stop killing guys with wings?“

Summary: Haruki-kun was lynched, he was a villager. Night starts now and ends in 24 hours. Send in that night kill to me and happyturtle.

*pokes Haruki's corpse* Get new comic up!

Haruki-kun
2009-02-25, 09:24 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-oh-my-kitten.jpg

*pokes Haruki's corpse* Get new comic up!

Working on it. Seriously.

Jontom Xire
2009-02-26, 03:54 AM
Wow. Those comic strips are cool, Haruki. I didn't know you did a comic strip. Do they come in any sort of order? You need to put them on a proper website in order so people can read them in order properly and stuff.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-26, 03:56 AM
That banner isn´t very obvious, isn´t it?

Mordokai
2009-02-26, 06:06 PM
End of night 2.

There are monsters in the village. And the werewolves aren't the only ones. No, we're talking about other monsters. More horrifying than werewolves can even begin to fathom. It is ::drumroll: the cookie monster! Ever so hungry, out on hunt for cookies. This night is no different.

Sneaking around bakery, he takes in the smell. Ah, fresh cookies. Chocolate chips, no less! He simply must have few of them. Just a little bite... it won't hurt anybody. Well, unless they are shaped like tiny men. In that case, it will hurt a lot. But only until he bit the head of. From there on, it wouldn't hurt at all. Ah, the poetry of killing cookie man... it almost made him want to cry in join. But the pleasure would have to wait for now. He had business to do!

Sneaking around the house, towards the door, he opens them, ever so slow, ever so quiet. Night is his ally and as long as he isn't acting too stupid, this ally won't let him down. As he enters the house, his infallible sense of smell helps him locate the main bakery. Tip toing, he gets there in mater of seconds. But when he does, a surprise awaits him. Surprise in a form of something hairy, seven and a half feet big and with a lot of teeth.

“Oy! What are you doing here? This is my hunting ground, get out!“

But the cookie monster isn't intimidated so easily! Giving a newcomer a fierce look and letting out a fierce roar, he charges him, hitting him squarely in the stomach, knocking him down. As he gets ready to start pummeling him, another shadow creeps behind him and before he even realises what's going on, the newcomer opens mouth and eats the cookie monster with one bite. Licking his lips a little, he lets out a loud burp and pats his belly a little.

“Sorry, but this was good.... HAAAAACK! Sorry, hairball.“

Summary: dallas-dakota was killed by wolves, he was a villager. Day 3 starts now and ends in 48 hours.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-26, 06:33 PM
bear

:smalleek:
OH MY GOD! Bayar's a bear, which is sorta vaguely like a wolf in that it has teeth and fur! LYNCH HIM!
:smalltongue:

Bayar
2009-02-27, 04:29 AM
:smalleek:
OH MY GOD! Bayar's a bear, which is sorta vaguely like a wolf in that it has teeth and fur! LYNCH HIM!

So, did I make a gramatical mistake ?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-02-27, 04:32 AM
Blegh.:smallyuk:

banjo1985
2009-02-27, 04:52 AM
On my spreadsheet there are only a couple people setting off my suspicions:

Festy
Andre

Festy's voted for both villagers, and is the only player to have done that so far. He also changed from Blue Umbrella to Haruki late in the last day phase, sealing what was already looking like a probable lynch.

Andre was second in the votes, I think if Festy is lynched and turns out to be a wolf, then Andre could well be as well.

Banjo Logic...slightly better than llama logic, but still pretty lame. :smalltongue:

Griever
2009-02-27, 05:52 AM
Banjo1776, seen too many wolves make "lists" before, and I don't like the feel of this one, for some reason.

Uncle Festy
2009-02-27, 07:16 AM
So, did I make a gramatical mistake ?

Nah, I just quoted a random word. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-02-27, 07:58 AM
Andre Fairechilde

Dirk Kris
2009-02-27, 08:19 AM
Sorry, Andre, but something seems off about you.

Lex-Kat
2009-02-27, 09:14 AM
I'll bo with Bayar again.

Jontom Xire
2009-02-27, 09:22 AM
Uncle Festy had what could only be considered a deciding vote on both days. On both days there was a close counter-bandwagon against Selrahc.

If Uncle Festy is a wolf then it is highly likely that Selrach is too.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-27, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure Uncle Festy would miss a night kill. I suppose anyone could in this much more free form game.

With no alpha, or devil the wolves probably didn't have a leader to sit back and just make the decision, so my thoughts are the wolves were decentralized on Night 1, but now are working together a little more.

But the Dallas-Dakota kill kind of throws me a little. I've seen games where both sides killed JX on the first night, Alarra, me, etc.

Not to be snide, but who would kill DD first, after missing the first night kill?

Skippy
2009-02-27, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure Uncle Festy would miss a night kill. I suppose anyone could in this much more free form game.

With no alpha, or devil the wolves probably didn't have a leader to sit back and just make the decision, so my thoughts are the wolves were decentralized on Night 1, but now are working together a little more.

But the Dallas-Dakota kill kind of throws me a little. I've seen games where both sides killed JX on the first night, Alarra, me, etc.

Not to be snide, but who would kill DD first, after missing the first night kill?

See, that's what ticks me off. There are two possible explanations as to why would the wolves kill DD before JX or you. The first one is: They are still novice players who don't know how you work. The second, easier one, is that you are one of them. Killing you wouldn't make sense then. And, by Occam's Razor, I point at Andre Fairchilde, yet again.

UncleWolf
2009-02-27, 10:42 AM
See, that's what ticks me off. There are two possible explanations as to why would the wolves kill DD before JX or you. The first one is: They are still novice players who don't know how you work. The second, easier one, is that you are one of them. Killing you wouldn't make sense then. And, by Occam's Razor, I point at Andre Fairchilde, yet again.

Or, that is what the wolves want us to think. What would be better for them then us thinking that the player is new and inexperienced?

Uncle Festy.

Boo
2009-02-27, 11:04 AM
I'd rather wait before we go off lynching Andre. Sorry, Uncle Festy.

Selrahc
2009-02-27, 11:17 AM
I guess I'll go for Uncle Festy in the hope that he's a villager.

The Bushranger
2009-02-27, 01:04 PM
Andre, your giant reputation won't save your wolfiness! :smalltongue:

Alarra
2009-02-27, 01:39 PM
Andre or Dirk Kris....Andre or Dirk Kris....both seem suspicious to me....

umm....Dirk Kris

Uncle Festy
2009-02-27, 02:53 PM
I guess I'll go for Uncle Festy in the hope that he's a villager.

"In hopes that he's a villager"? Why would you want to lynch me if you were hoping I was good… unless, that is, YOU'RE A WOLF!
Gotcha. :smallamused:
I'm gonna point at Andre in hopes of surviving, but if I die, I want you to go and lynch the guy who wants villagers dead.

Zar Peter
2009-02-27, 03:10 PM
Somehow the Uncle Festy wagon grew too fast... and i don't want to point at Andre... at last not yet since he missed the Classic sighn up. Slerahc wants villagers dead so I point at Selrahc.

Fin
2009-02-27, 03:23 PM
How the hell is Selrahc still alive?? He has been saved twice for sure for no good reason!

UncleWolf
2009-02-27, 03:43 PM
How the hell is Selrahc still alive?? He has been saved twice for sure for no good reason!

That's right!

*changes point to Selrahc*

Selrahc
2009-02-27, 03:44 PM
"In hopes that he's a villager"? Why would you want to lynch me if you were hoping I was good… unless, that is, YOU'RE A WOLF!
Gotcha. :smallamused:

Because I've been told that if you turn out to be a wolf then I'm probably a wolf. I know I'm not a wolf, so I'm hoping you aren't either, as that would at least gain me some reprieve hopefully. And I'd rather you die than me.

I mean there is also the fact that if you do turn out to be a wolf, it's less incriminating if I point at you than if I don't.

Griever
2009-02-27, 05:02 PM
Following Alarra on this one, I helped nail Haruki's coffin and am not going to help do another one today. :smallfrown: Dirk Kris.

Bayar
2009-02-27, 05:44 PM
Andre. (filler)

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-02-27, 06:40 PM
I still think Andre is suspicious. Something about his judgements just seems off.

Boo
2009-02-27, 06:59 PM

Just read this again... Bushranger.

happyturtle
2009-02-28, 02:52 PM
End of Day Three

((day ending a little early because I won't be awake in three hours, and I figure you guys would rather have an early update than a late one))

The crowd gathered in the Town Square was getting desperate. They'd lynched two angels and lost their beloved Cookiemonster, and yet didn't seem any closer to finding the wolves in their midst.

"Okay, let's start using logic here. What do we know about werewolves?"

"They're allergic to garlic?"

"No, that's vampires."

"They can't cross running water?"

"That's still vampires."

"Don't have a reflection in the mirror?"

"Gah! Vampires STILL! Doesn't anyone know anything about werewolves?"

"They sparkle?"

"Vampires! Do! Not! Sparkle!"

"But we're not looking for vampires. We're looking for werewolves. So let's look for the sparkly ones."

No one could think of a better idea, so they all spread out and looked for anyone who sparkled. But it turns out that in a pseudo-medieval time frame that lacks running water, no one is clean enough to sparkle.

The villagers gather together again, dejected.

"Your logic sucks."

"Yeah, let's see you try."

Just then, Andre Fairchilde walked past the crowd, on his way to open his bar.

"Hey, where have you been all this time?"

"I just woke up."

"That's awfully suspicious. Maybe you needed the sleep because you were up all night?"

"Pretty much."

"Because you were hunting down and killing Cookiemonster!"

"Wait. What? I was up all night serving drinks. Hell, half of you guys were there."

"Let's search his bar for evidence!"

The mob agreed, and swarmed through the streets until they reached Andre's bar. The sign overhead proclaimed:

The Wolves Bar

"It's proof!" "He's a wolf!" "He admits it!" "They've all been gathering here right under our noses!"

"You idiots! Can't you see that someone damaged the sign? It's supposed to read The Wolves Bane!"

But the mob was in no mood to investigate vandalism claims.

Summary:
Andre Fairchilde was lynched. He was a villager.

Night 3 begins now and ends in about 24 hours.

Fin
2009-02-28, 02:56 PM
Oh, come on! Can we please kill Selhrac tomorrow, sorry to seem pushy but as I see it he has been saved three times now. Even if he turns out to be innocent we will learn alot, such as who gained by hiding in those unnsuccessful wagons. If he is a wolf, then we will learn even more!

Selrahc
2009-02-28, 03:00 PM
If I turn out to be a villager, we'll learn who pushed a bandwagon for a villager, as opposed to pushing a bandwagon against a villager? That seems like some very low value information. :smallconfused:

Also: Blah. First chance I get to even partly clear my name ends without result. Lame.

Also also: I do still want to be number 2 wagon every day until the end of the game. That would be a real crazy experience. As it is now, I can't clear my name at all, since all I can do is vote for any non-me wagon and there is no seer.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-02-28, 03:16 PM
:smallmad:

Am I ever a wolf?

There was a third option to the Occams Razor you know.

Boo
2009-02-28, 06:17 PM
Hell, I could of told you he wasn't a wolf*. Andre NEVER misses night actions.

Now, I'd say BR is a wolf. So I'm going to keep my point at him tomorrow.

*No, I didn't know his role, and no, I don't know any of the wolves for certain.

happyturtle
2009-03-01, 07:00 PM
End of Night Three

The wolves were all gathered and discussing what to do about dinner when a Blue Umbrella flew past.

What, really?

Excuse me?

You're going to give me another death scene where an umbrella gets mangled?

Well yeah, that was the plan...

Can't you be a little more creative than that?

*sigh* Fine...

All the wolves down in Wolf-town were ready to eat
That's when John, who is not an umbrella, came down the street.
The wolves followed after - the whole wolfy pack
It never occurred to John to look back.

It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
Or maybe his head wasn't screwed on just right.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his brain was two sizes too small.

Omnomnomnom....

Summary:
Blue Umbrella was killed. He was a villager.

Disclaimer:
No responsibility is assumed for damage done by the crappy verse in this scene. Also, John's brain size, while insufficient for avoiding wolves, is still larger than the narrator's.

Day Four begins now and ends in about 48 hours.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-01, 07:10 PM
Hm. So was that a coverup by the wolves to stop a point from BU, or an attempt to make it seem like it was in order to get BR lynched, or a reverse psychological attempt to protect BR…
I dunno. Selrahc gets my point, for reasons stated yesterday.

Boo
2009-03-01, 07:33 PM
Damn youz! :smalltongue:

Great attempt at the Dr. Seuss style, Happy. :smallwink: Very funny.

Haruki-kun
2009-03-01, 07:43 PM
*pulls over an umbrella stand*

Come here. Sit with us. We have cookies.

Lex-Kat
2009-03-01, 08:00 PM
By request, I will cut Selrahc's hair.

The pretty barber, known to the villagers as Barbra, begins to cut his long hair.

Selrahc
2009-03-01, 08:51 PM
Grargh! Useless! I'm getting pointed at because I've been pointed at. This doesn't help anyone, as you'll all see at the end of the day when I turn out to be a villager.

Normally I go down easy, or even point at myself in these situations, but in this game I have no reason to, nobody is more valuable to the effort than me, so I might as well go down fighting.

I'm not a wolf. Not a wolf at all, and by pointing at me, you're making a mistake. Instead, try leaving me be. Everyone definitely agrees that that would be the best option, and so do you! Point at someone else. Like Fin! His name is only one letter away from fun, so pointing at him must be fun! That, and he's pushing a bandwagon on a known villager(i.e. me)

Lex-Kat
2009-03-01, 09:11 PM
You know what. I'm going to side with Selrahc on this one and point at Fin.

Alarra
2009-03-01, 11:10 PM
I think....Uncle Festy

Griever
2009-03-02, 12:27 AM
Bushranger is my choice for today, seems too little evidence against Selrahc for my liking.

Jontom Xire
2009-03-02, 03:41 AM
Too little evidence against Selrahc?!?

In any case by lynching him we gain evidence.

I want to know what happened to the bandwagin I tried to start against Uncle Festy! That guy is so guilty! Why didn't everyone point at him?

Jontom Xire
2009-03-02, 05:13 AM
Ok, work has given me a spare moment, I'd like to share some thoughts with you all and leave you to make your own conclusions:

Day 1
=====

Two bandwagons. Lamech, a villager, gets lynched in preference to Selrahc. Key votes are Bayar, Uncle Festy, Gnome 4ever, and of course Selrahc himself.

Day 2
=====

Two bandwagons again.Haruki kun, a villager, gets lynched in preference to Selrahc and a somewhat late and after-the-fact bandwagon against Andre, a villager. Key votes are The Bushranger, Uncle Festy (again!!) and of course Selrahc. Somewhat curiously, Bayar and Gnome 4ever point at the same target (again) within a few posts of each other (again). That target is Andre.

Day 3
=====

Andre Fairchilde, a villager gets lynched in preference to Uncle Festy. Key votes are Bayar, Uncle Festy, Radikal Skippy and The Bushranger. Selrahc points at Uncle Festy at a critical moment. However Gnome 4ever points at the same target as Bayar again, and even if Blue Umbrella and Wolfbane hadn't changed their votes Uncle Festy would still have survived.

Day 4
=====

Uncle Festy makes a conspicuous point at Selrahc "for the same reasons as yesterday". If he had reasons to point at Selrahc yesterday, why didn't he? Pure survival. I haven't checked his yesterday reasons yet. They wouldn't change my mind anyway.

So to summarise this all:

For two days in a row Uncle Festy has consipcuously assisted Selrahc's survical. When he himself comes under suspicion, he is saved. There are no masons. There is only one team that could conspire in this way.

For three days in a row, Bayar and Gnome 4ever have been joined at the hip, voting the same way with a minimum of comment as to why they vote the way they do. On EVERY DAY SO FAR their votes have been critical, or close to critical, in saving the person who didn't quite get lynched.

Time for some character analysis of the wolves.

Night 1 had no night kill. Other night kills have been oddly targetted. I know I'm so going to get killed for this, but if you were a wolf in a game with no seer, no baner, and no masons. Who are the targets going to be? People like me. So why not target us? Because one or more of the wolves is a veteran player. Someone who would stand out a mile if they were the only veteran left alive. Someone like Alarra. Or Uncle Festy. Or Selrahc. So who then do you target? I think if it were me I'd do it randomly.

However if the wolves have such a player in their midst, how come they missed the night 1 kill? I don't know.

The very last thing I'd like to say is that we have 4 very suspicious characters. They may well not all be wolves. They may none of them be wolves. But if you have a choice between 4 people with a voting record like that, and someone else who has done nothing particularly suspicious, why does everyone keep pointing at the people who have done nothing particularly suspicious? Haruki Kun had, as far as I can tell, done nothing to warrant suspicion. Selrahc had narrowly escaped death, aided and abetted by a few suspicious votes including Gnome 4ever and Bayar. Andre was looking a little shady, but nothing LIKE as suspicious as Selrahc and Uncle Festy now were.

We have no seer, no masons, no baner. We HAVE to be the best we can be. So can we please stop pointing at random people like Dirk Kris when we have no fewer than FOUR highly likely wolves!!!!

===EDIT in case previous post actually made it===

Dirk Kris was yesterday. I meant Fin.

Fin's votes were:

Day 1 - no vote.
Day 2 - Selrahc.
Day 3 - Selrahc.

Oh my, that's soooo suspicious. So why are people pointing at him???

banjo1985
2009-03-02, 06:34 AM
I think we need to lynch Selrahc for information purposes. If he is a wolf the first couple of days votings could teach us a lot. If he isn't, well, at least we'll know.

Skippy
2009-03-02, 08:54 AM
I find JX's post really educational...

*Point at Selrahc*

Bayar
2009-03-02, 09:33 AM
Bushranger although...using logic...meh.

Also, wow, was I and gnome4ever really copying each other ? :eek: Scary...

Fin
2009-03-02, 01:00 PM
Selrahc today, Selrahc tomorrow and Selrahc every day until I know his role! If he is a wolf we know who saved him, they would then be good wolf suspects. If he is a villager then we know who pushed the Selrahc wagon (which I know includes myself, but c'mon! Who would be that stupid!) and they may well be wolves. How do we lose by killing him? Also when did he become (as he, himself puts it) a 'known villager'??

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-03-02, 01:42 PM
I would have to agree with Bayar. Ironically I was going to vote for Bushranger too... :smalleek:

If it'll show peoples I'm a villager any more I'm going to vote for Uncle Festy. He's the only person on your list 4 times and I don't like how finicky he's acting.

Griever
2009-03-02, 04:20 PM
Looking over the evidence, I still don't think we should lynch Selrahc, he could be very useful to the villager side, and the LAST thing the village needs is some huge, hulking bandwagon that provides next to no information for the day other than his role.

The Bushranger
2009-03-02, 08:37 PM
Uncle Festy.

Selrahc
2009-03-02, 09:19 PM
Also when did he become (as he, himself puts it) a 'known villager'??

Well *I* know I'm a villager. :smallamused:

Also. switch vote to Festy

Jontom Xire
2009-03-03, 04:28 AM
I would have to agree with Bayar. Ironically I was going to vote for Bushranger too... :smalleek:

If it'll show peoples I'm a villager any more I'm going to vote for Uncle Festy. He's the only person on your list 4 times and I don't like how finicky he's acting.

Oh yeah, that'll work. To paraphrase your post...

I'm going to vote for Uncle Festy because it'll make me seem more innocent.

I also find it very curious how no-one who is high on my suspicion list is pointing at Selrahc apart from Uncle Festy:

Bayar: The Bushranger
Gnome 4ever: Uncle Festy
Selrahc: Uncle Festy
The Bushranger: Uncle Festy

I can only think of one real reason and one reason that can't possibly be true. The reason that can't possibly be true is because they don't want to lynch a wolf. No I think it's more likely that if Selrahc was a wolf that they would all jump on the bandwagon to show how goody goody they are. I suspect they are all voting away so that when Selrahc is lynched they can say "See I told you he wasn't a wolf. I didn't vote for him because I'm a good little villager who didn't want to lynch another villager!"

Unfortunately the best way to prove or disprove this theory is to lynch Selrahc.

As a second point, the way the votes are all going, Uncle Festy seems less suspicious. A couple more votes and UF gets lynched instead of Selrahc. However, The Bushranger seems more suspicious, all the more because Bayar pointed at him. So right now, Bayar, Gnome 4ever, and The Bushranger seem most suspicious to me.

I still think we ought to lynch Selrahc anyway, just in case, and just so we know for sure.

Fin
2009-03-03, 04:33 AM
Wooo! This is the first time ever that my logic has been pretty much the same as someone who can actually analyse the freakin' things! Albeit Jontom put it much more eloquently :smallsmile:

Bayar
2009-03-03, 07:09 AM
Well, Xire, you could have just asked me if I was a wolf or no. Because, you know, I never lie about my role. Oh, and I am a villager. When I will be dead, i will quote this post just to remind everybody.

And switching point to Selrahc. Why ? I dunno. If you say we could learn something from this (and you seem to have more experience with these games), might as well help out.

Although, if you turn out to be a wolf, :selfhang: .

Jontom Xire
2009-03-03, 08:17 AM
Well, Xire, you could have just asked me if I was a wolf or no. Because, you know, I never lie about my role.

if that was true you would lose every game that you play a wolf and no-one would ever want to play with you because if you ended up both being on the wolfly team, the wolves are basically handicapped. Also if you never lie about your role, pity the villagers if you end up with a baner or seer role.

So forgive me if I don't believe you, and the day you confess to being a wolf just 'cos someone asked you is the day I boycott every game you ever play in.

Anyway, just to put you to the test: Bayar, what is your role in every game you are currently playing?

Recaiden
2009-03-03, 09:15 AM
Bayar, even if he is a mage muffin.

Dirk Kris
2009-03-03, 09:40 AM
Selrahc gets my vote today, and I'll go ahead and hold onto my suspicions in case the wolves decide they're gonna off me, too. Poor BU...we miss your hairy little avatar already.

Bayar
2009-03-03, 12:03 PM
if that was true you would lose every game that you play a wolf and no-one would ever want to play with you because if you ended up both being on the wolfly team, the wolves are basically handicapped. Also if you never lie about your role, pity the villagers if you end up with a baner or seer role.

So forgive me if I don't believe you, and the day you confess to being a wolf just 'cos someone asked you is the day I boycott every game you ever play in.

Anyway, just to put you to the test: Bayar, what is your role in every game you are currently playing?

Well, in Death Note 1, they said i was Kira. I just said I have a power role. Nothing more. :biggrin:

Edit: I play a villager in this game and a corpse in all other current games :biggrin:

Selrahc
2009-03-03, 12:12 PM
Blah! "Information gathering" what a load of junk. That's just a way to distance yourself from the result if (when) I turn out to be a villager. "Oh well we might have lynched another innocent, but at least we learned a lot. Therefore nobody should attempt to lynch me. No sir."

I'm betting there are 5 wolves. We've already lost 5 villagers, with a pretty much certainty of having lost seven by the start of tomorrow(Me and the night kill)

So if Jontom is a wolf, and his list is just a bogus tissue of coincidences, then he only needs to push through another two days of voting to get the win. And since his list contains 4 people, in two "flavours" of suspicion then he might well be able to force it through.

Anyway, take that as my final thoughts, since it's obvious I'm not getting away with a close shave today.

Mordokai
2009-03-03, 06:19 PM
Day 4 ends.

The village is at a state of chaos today. It would be about time something productive is done about this werewolf problem.

“Say, what about the graveyard? I bet all the bodies there would provide a good buffet for hungry wolves.“

“You mean something like McDonalds, only with meat being rotten bad and lettuce being nonexistent?“

“That's... one way to put it.“

“Doesn't make much sense. Why would wolves eat the dead when they have the living at their disposal? I would think that fresh meat is better than long dead one. And before you start flinging wild accusations, it's just a common sense.“

“Dead meat has less calories?“

“And why would wolves care about that?“

“They need to stay in shape, so they can catch athletes like you?“

“...

Flattery will get you everywhere. Lets go!“

And so everybody grabs a weapon and heads for the town cemetery. Stepping through the big door, the chill wind blows and the hair on everybody's back stands up. Suddenly, somebody thinks they heard a small sound, coming from nearby.

“Lets go see what this is all about.“

Raising the pitchforks high, everybody follows this brave soul as he walks towards the sound. Soon, they come to an isolated grave. It would appear the sound is coming from bellow the ground.

“What kind of foul sorcery is this?“

But before anybody can answer that the dirt start erupting from the grave, as something big starts crawling out of it. Soon, a hippo with wings stands before the assorted villagers, looking at them with vacant eyes. His muzzle opens and out comes a gurgling sound. Not waiting for anything more, the villagers jump on him, sticking their weapons in him... but nothing seems to work. When all seems bleak, a loud sounds can be heard behind them and the hippo falls to the ground, half of his head missing. Looking behind them, they see one of the oldest villagers still alive with a big, double barreled musket in his hands.

“Me pappy always said there's no such thing as too much firepower, ahehehe!“

Summary: Selrahc was lynched, he was a villager. Night 4 starts now and ends in 24 hours.

Jontom Xire
2009-03-04, 03:57 AM
Well at least that proves all my theories wrong, which is a good thing 'cos now we can stop chasing false leads. It would have been nicer if Selrahc was a wolf though.

Anyway I still think Gnome 4ever's post was highly suspicious.

Fin
2009-03-04, 06:01 AM
:smallconfused:... I regret nothing! We can learn from this people!

Uncle Festy
2009-03-04, 10:18 PM
… ooh, does that mean I'm not suspicious anymore?
SWEET! :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-03-04, 11:17 PM
End of Night 4

The town gathered at the Wolves Bane, now under new management after the unfortunate lynching of Andre Fairchilde. They decided that it would be better to stick close together for now.

The bard decided to entertain them with a rocking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xXQFnIEf_Q) jam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVTKq0kM2tI) session (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHfzrqLIniE), despite rock music being inappropriate for the implied period. Meh, like the narrators care. We're lazy. Also we died in the opening narration, so you're lucky we bother to show up at all.

The villagers were on their feet, cheering and clapping and holding up anachronistic lighters and cell phones, demanding more. It was great to have something cheerful to give them a break from all the death lately. He played for hours, until his voice gave out.

The bard ducked behind the bar for a break and to quench his thirst before doing one last encore of Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k99h5aikc4g).

In the morning, they found his mostly eaten body. It seems the wolves wanted him dead.

Summary:
Dirk Kris went out in a blaze of glory. He was a villager.

Day 5 begins now, and will be slightly shorter to try and get the updates back to a workable time. Barring forum outages, day will end at 10pm GMT Friday, March 6.

Wolfbane and Zar Peter must vote today to avoid autolynch.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-03-04, 11:48 PM
(Under new management? I think not. All the ghosts gather here to snipe and have milk and cookies. And play D&D.)

happyturtle
2009-03-04, 11:56 PM
*baps Andre with ghost-touch rolled up newspaper*

It's under narrator management now. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2009-03-04, 11:56 PM
Uh oh. Looks like Ghost Andre isn't to happy to see someone try to take over his bar.

I think it's Bayar's fault.

The Bushranger
2009-03-05, 01:48 AM
Hmm. Jontom Xire smells wolfy to me.

Griever
2009-03-05, 01:51 AM
The Bushranger's hands are ON FIRE!!!

Jontom Xire
2009-03-05, 03:48 AM
I'm going to have to go for Gnome 4ever as most definitely the most suspicious player in the game.

Interesting that The Bushranger wants me gone as soon as I start doing analysis though. I still have my eye on him and Bayar.

banjo1985
2009-03-05, 06:10 AM
I'm certain Gnome 4ever is a wolf. My spreadsheet points at him and Bayar with huge neon fingers. Festy and BR are setting off my radar too.

Bayar
2009-03-05, 07:09 AM
Nah, I said I am a villager. Dont bother checking me.

Gnome4ever is indeed suspicious (and very VERY creepy if you ask me).

But if this doesnt give out results, then Jontom Xire, you would appear very suspicious...

Recaiden
2009-03-05, 07:36 AM
I'm going to have to go after Gnome 4ever

Alarra
2009-03-05, 07:57 AM
Don't bother checking me? That's such a wolfy thing to say... Bayer

Bayar
2009-03-05, 08:14 AM
Don't bother checking me? That's such a wolfy thing to say... Bayer

I swear on my honor that I am not a wolf. My HONOR. If I turn out to be a wolf, you can hit me with "the hammer". K ? :wink:

Dirk Kris
2009-03-05, 09:26 AM
((I died. Maybe I shoulda given out my list after all...

Oh well, at least I went out playing an AWESOME RAWK SONG! Great job, happy, and good luck, Team Villager!))

Skippy
2009-03-05, 09:49 AM
*Bayar* right now...

UncleWolf
2009-03-05, 10:24 AM
Gnome 4ever. Or at least 4right now.

Zar Peter
2009-03-05, 02:30 PM
I'm going with gnome4ever just to prevent autolynch. Sorry, I'm ill. Can't do much.

Fin
2009-03-05, 03:05 PM
I'm gonna join the Gnome4Ever wagon, seeing as I'm convinced that we learned something from Selharc and I'll be damned if I don't figure out what!

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-03-06, 03:46 AM
I wanted to do this earlier this morning before everyone started voting so I could have more of a voice, but I had to work 16 hours. :smallfrown:

Anyway I did my own datasheet, albiet not nearly as proficient as I had hoped but seeing as I'm running out of time I guess it doesn't matter much:smalltongue:. When I was looking it over I just noticed these people seemed a little... off.

First I noticed Allara wasn't present the first day and that there was no lynch (obviously). Well she said she'd never miss a night, but maybe something really important came up that kept her away. It's possible. Next off is she voted for Dallas second day and he got werewolf'd second day. Might have been random, or she might be hiding behind it. Then she voted for Dirk Kris. Dirk Kris wasn't werewolf'd until the next night, but maybe she didn't want to vote for the kill three days in a row and just wanted him dead so waited a day.

The next thing to pop up was Banjo, who has just continually joined bandwagons. I did the same thing, but I thought it strange for a more veteran palyer to do it. Perhaps Banjo's hiding behind the bandwagons?

Then there's Festy, who is the only person to vote for the lynch every single day, also joining bandwagons but being a major vote a lot of the time.

Lastly I'm pretty guilty myself looking at the spreadsheet. Posting that last thing was stupid, I didn't think about it at all. But throughout I've hid behind bandwagons also, making bigger votes that have all lead to villagers. Oddly to add to Jontom's list me, Bayar, and also Recaiden all voted together the first three days, only changing when two of us were caught. And now they're both voting for me as I'm on the verge of getting lynched...

I'm going to vote for Allara today. This is mainly for the reasons above, but emotionally I feel she's being too cautious, covering her tracks too well. It's... unsettling.

Either way I guess this is it. :smallsigh: It was fun looking for clues with you guys. Next game I hope my luck and skill improves.:smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-03-06, 04:00 AM
Nice analysis.

Two points:

First well spotted about Recaiden. However part of the reason I didn't spot it was the vote timing. You and Bayar always posted in the same order (barring day 3) and at very similar times, at least in terms of nuber of posts. But yes, very well spotted.

Second, Alarra wasn't the only one who didn't vote first day, and doing night kills to follow someone's pointing is something I don't see Alarra being dumb enough to do. As a side note, pointing out patterns in night kills isn't going to help the villagers very much because it's liable to make the wolves change their voting pattern.

But I think there must be something to the way the wolves are choosing victims, I just don't know what yet. There's no masons, seer, or baner, so how are they choosing their targets? Randomly? If anyone has any ideas, PM me.

Mordokai
2009-03-06, 06:27 PM
End of day 5

The village is an at state of uproar today. Seems like there is a distinct dislike for... gnomes? Wait, that can't be right! Everybody likes gnomes... right? Except if they are werewolves. But are they? Only one good way to find out.

“Bring the suspect under the gallows! We'll soon find out if she's a dirty lycan!“

So her hands are bound and the gnome is brought before the executioner. Cold eyes look down at her... before the cold look becomes a confused one.

“How the hell am I supposed to hang a midget like this?“

“Use the stool?“

They try using the stool.

“Still too short!“

“How about we try making gnome stew?“

A few weird glances are exchanged, a few disgusted sounds are heard, but there is also an air of curiosity around.

“I hear gnomes have a rather bland aftertaste.“

“Nothing a pinch of rosmarinum won't fix!“

It doesn't take long for a big pot to get hauled out of the inn and soon, a lively fire is being burnt underneath. As soon as the water heats up the gnome is thrown in. That's when it happens.

It would appear that the heat triggered the transformation. Or maybe it was rosmarinum... nobody can rightly say. Nobody cares much, as the miniature wolf starts climbing out of the pot. Luckily, among the scared and panicked villagers, a brave soul is found that slaps the lid over the pot, sealing the gnome inside it.

After a few hours have passed and the rumbling in the pot stops, somebody dares to move close to the pot and opens it up.

“Ewwwww! It's full of hairs! I'm not eating this!“

However, to this day, the legend endures. The legend of the gnome stew (http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7002/gnomestewlogod.jpg).

Summary: gnome_4ever was lynced, she was a werewolf. Night 5 starts now and ends in 24 hours. You know what to do.

Jontom Xire
2009-03-07, 04:18 AM
Bayar next.

Weird 'cos Gnome 4ever posted me an interesting analysis that more or less convinced me she was a villager. Anyway I'll post it here and maybe you all can find some clues to other werewolves in it.

Just my thoughts:

For Night 1 the no post really throws me off. Unless they were trying to make those people who didn't post seem more suspicious, a no kill is almost like taunting the villagers. The wolves being too busy or disorganized at first, which is the main theory about it seems, would imply the wolves are either some of those who didn't react or newbish. So we're either dealing with newbs or genious experienced players who figured out just the right place to make sure they weren't suspcious. Occam's Razor says it's more likely the first one though.

Night 2's dallas attack is odd. Since he hadn't posted the first day killing him takes some suspicion off that list while stil leaving it look like newbs. Since more experienced members than not didn't post day 1 it starts making the expieriences members plot seem more credible.

Night 3 offing Umbrella is bewildering. I really have no explanation unless tehy were trying to cover up the list he made, but doing that might bring suspicion to it so anyone on it would be daft to do it, which adds more points to the newbie argument.

Night 4 with Dirk Kris fells a lot like DD for some reason. Like the wolves want it to look random or something, but have thought it out. Again I can't figure out the inspiration.

Basically to sum it up I figure Festy would have the most to gain by these four nights, and by the way the votes have shifted every other day it seems to be a team of mainly newbs with probably one higher member whose letting the little ones run the kills. It's making me more suspcious of Festy, seeing as newbs might kill off certain people to help protect another wolf not thinking that it might hurt them. I could also see Allara as a wolf, but I haven't really gotten to know her play style like the rest of you guys since that seems to be the main argument for her, what she's done in the past. It's always possible she's acting counter-intuatively to throw people off. That's what I think she's doing anyway. Either way hope my brain power helped a little.

Now remembering that this was PMed to me by a werewolf who was headed to the gallows, I reckon there's some double bluff in here. A lot even.

So she casts suspicion on Uncle Festy and Alarra. Presumably so that when she is lynched I go "Ahah she was a werewolf so obviously Uncle Festy and Alarra aren't". Only problem is that I've been a little suspicious of Alarra for a while. And while my suspicions of Uncle Festy were dropping (because they were based on vote analysis that was proved wrong by Selrahc's lynch), this puts them right back up.

Anyway I think we need to lynch Bayar next before we go looking at Uncle Festy and Alarra. Although this part of the message struck me as particularly likely to be accurate:

it seems to be a team of mainly newbs with probably one higher member whose letting the little ones run the kills.

So I'm tempted to lynch the newbs first. We lose the least and (I feel) are most likely to score good werewolf hits.

I also anticipate my death this night phase.

Boo
2009-03-07, 04:28 AM
In a world with no one to lead the people, no one to protect them, they call out for a hero to save them. One man answers. He says... no.

Bayar
2009-03-07, 10:18 AM
Just because I havent participated a lot in these games doesnt mean that I dont know how to play. I played enough Mafia games on another forum (romanian one BTW) that I know what to do. And I wouldnt miss the first night kill (second maybe, it is a flaw of mine).

Plus, lynching me will wield nothing since I am a villager. You could say that I am bluffing/lying, but when it will turn out that I AM in fact a villager, what then ? Apologise to me ? Say "Oh well, next newbie then" ? Say "At least we learned something" ?

I say we should lynch Festy. He seems the most suspicious of the bunch. Also, it would be helpful if you would mention when you got that PM, Jontom. Knowing the time of the message would be a good idea, since we can then compare the posting pattern of others (including gnome4ever, Uncle Festy, Allara, myself, yourself, any other person).

happyturtle
2009-03-07, 12:35 PM
((Night ends early since everyone got their numerous night actions in. :smalltongue:))

End of Night Five

The wolf pack were assembling for the night when Wolfie McWolferstein (*possibly not his real name) came in.

"If it's okay with you guys, I think you should go on the hunt without me tonight."

"Aw, man. It's our first night without Gnome. You can't skip out on us. We need you, man!"

"I know, but me and the girlfriend had a fight. She doesn't understand why I don't stay home with her and protect her from the wolves."

"Heh... if only she knew!" The wolves all snickered at this.

"Anyway, I think I'm going to go home and surprise her with some flowers."

"She's got you whipped, doesn't she?"

"Shut up!"

"Awww, he's in wuv. With a human!"

"Shut up!"

When Wolfie McWolferstein arrived home, his girlfriend wasn't in the living room. Or the kitchen. With growing unease, he headed towards the bedroom, using the silent tread of a predator.

He heard giggling. And voices. Two voices.

With a growl, he burst through the door to catch Wolfbane in bed with his girlfriend.

:eek:

Wolfbane leapt out of bed, half dressed. "... Wait... It was... " Then his eyes went wide as Wolfie McWolferstein began to transform.

"You! You're one of them!" Wolfbane gasped, then leapt to the attack. :smallmad: "I won't let you escape!"

The girlfriend shrieked as her two lovers fought, backing against the wall clutching a sheet to her.

The battle was fierce, but eventually Wolfie McWolferstein prevailed. Only to end up in another fight with his girlfriend. Eventually though, he forgave her for cheating on him, and she forgave him for being a bloodthirsty monster. And then they lived happily ever after!

D'awwww, isn't that just the sweetest story ever?

Well, except for the part where Wolfbane was brutally murdered.

Summary:
Wolfbane was killed. He was a Villager.

Day Six begins now and ends in about 48 hours.

Uncle Festy must vote today or be autolynched.

UncleWolf
2009-03-07, 01:17 PM
<.<

>.>

:smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-03-07, 01:23 PM
It appears Reinholdt isn't the only playa anymore...

*floats back to being dead*

Alarra
2009-03-07, 01:29 PM
*shrugs* I'm a villager. And since the only real 'evidence' against me is that I didn't vote day 1, I will point out that I rarely vote day 1. I don't like to point until I have some sort of suspicions. I don't miss night actions....ever....nor would I just sit back and let others have complete control over kills...especially if they were going to kill people that I'd been pointing at or that suspicions had been cast on.

UncleWolf
2009-03-07, 01:51 PM
See, I wasn't a wolf. I had an alibi.

>.>

A different one every night. :smallwink::smalltongue:

You hear that wolves?:smallamused:

Uncle Festy
2009-03-07, 07:19 PM
… I coulda SWORN I voted… v.v
Anyways, Bayar.

Recaiden
2009-03-07, 07:53 PM
radikalskippy and fin are looking a bit suspicious based on yesterday, but I haven't had time to pay much attention to WW games recently, so I may have forgotten something important.

Bayar
2009-03-08, 04:32 AM
… I coulda SWORN I voted… v.v
Anyways, Bayar.

No U.

Uncle Festy >:(

Skippy
2009-03-08, 01:27 PM
I stick on my last vote.

*Bayar*

Griever
2009-03-08, 02:05 PM
radikalskippy, for making me go "aww" at the Baby Sora avvie.

Fin
2009-03-08, 02:46 PM
@ Recaiden: :smallconfused: How the hell do I look guilty and not Jontom Xire seeing as we both used the same logic to the same goal?

Anyway, Bayar!

Alarra
2009-03-08, 02:46 PM
Uncle Festy

Lex-Kat
2009-03-09, 03:46 AM
I don't think it's Bayar now. It sounds like following him around may have beena set up. What do you think, Alarra?

The Bushranger
2009-03-09, 04:02 AM
Hmm, I don't have much time for my own analysis these days. Bayar sounds good to me.

banjo1985
2009-03-09, 04:38 AM
Bayar. The voting pattern between him and gnome might be coincidence, but I doubt it.

Jontom Xire
2009-03-09, 04:39 AM
Actually, Lex-Kat, Bayar voted after Gnome 4ever on the first two days and it was only on the third day that it was the other way around.

And Alarra is looking more and more suspicious to me. Firstly Gnome 4ever pointed at her even when it was clear that she (Gnome 4ever) was going to be lynched, possibly to reinforce the message that Alarra was innocent.

Secondly she followed Bayar's vote at Uncle Festy. What Bayar turns out to be is going to seriously change what happens next.

Zar Peter
2009-03-09, 06:01 AM
Point at bayar. Try to reread the thread and start making a spreadsheet.

Bayar
2009-03-09, 07:23 AM
Im telling you guys that you are wasting a day lynching an innocent villager. You should probably concentrate on someone that might actually BE a werewolf.

god damn mistrust

Jontom Xire
2009-03-09, 09:18 AM
What, like you?

I'm sorry, but you are just the best candidate right now. And werewolves ALWAYS protest their innocence one way or another.

Lex-Kat
2009-03-09, 01:31 PM
And werewolves ALWAYS protest their innocence one way or another.

Doesn't everyone protest their innocence? Rare is the wolf who just throws up his hands and say, "Yup, you got me."

Bayar
2009-03-09, 04:35 PM
What, like you?

I'm sorry, but you are just the best candidate right now. And werewolves ALWAYS protest their innocence one way or another.

Ooh, OOH. Look at me ! I can use logic and order my minions around to kill whoever I want ! Even if this is a shoot and miss tactic, we can still win the game ! And then grab our moonshane and dance the night away.

Yeah, I am :annoyed: because one's word doesnt mean a **** around here. Even though I said that if I turn out to be a werewolf, Allara has green light to ban me from this forum...

Mordokai
2009-03-09, 05:34 PM
Day 6 ends.

If things get any louder around the village, somebody is gonna have to call the inspection. 'Tis simply not normal!But what to do about it?

The suspicion soon falls on bayar. Seems like he's been causing too much noise. Or was that not enough... it doesn't really matter. The crowd wants his blood and they will get it, one way or another.

“Following the gnome?“

“Check!“

“Pleading not guilty when accused of being a wolf?“

“Check!“

“We need anything more?“

“Naaaaah!“

Deciding that the verified method is the best one, the village once again gathers under the gallows. Once again, the rope is pulled out and around the suspects neck. Once again, the lever is pulled... and once again, nothing happens. Maybe tommorow you'll have more luck at finding wolves.

Summary: bayar was lynced, he was a villager. Night begins now and ends in 24 hours.

Bayar
2009-03-10, 01:24 AM
Well, Xire, you could have just asked me if I was a wolf or no. Because, you know, I never lie about my role. Oh, and I am a villager. When I will be dead, i will quote this post just to remind everybody.

And switching point to Selrahc. Why ? I dunno. If you say we could learn something from this (and you seem to have more experience with these games), might as well help out.

Although, if you turn out to be a wolf, :selfhang: .

Dont mind me...

Boo
2009-03-10, 01:37 AM
Doesn't everyone protest their innocence? Rare is the wolf who just throws up his hands and say, "Yup, you got me."

FC did that in Classic IV... I think.

Jontom Xire
2009-03-10, 02:49 AM
Occasionally it's just so obvious that there is no point protesting it.

Well I think my time is up - just got killed in Mafia, and now I suspect I'll get night killed here too.

happyturtle
2009-03-10, 06:48 PM
End of Night Six

Summary:
No one was killed.

Day Seven begins now and ends in about 48 hours

Uncle Festy
2009-03-10, 07:08 PM
Lawl.
Nice scene, Happy. :smallbiggrin:

Trixie
2009-03-10, 07:18 PM
What, the wolves are from Greenpeace in this game? :smallconfused:

Skippy
2009-03-10, 11:27 PM
That's really interesting... It is really uncommon for the wolves to skip two night phases... That rules out, definitely, JX and Alarra. I've played with Festy and he isn't the kind of people who would forget any night action...

*Sigh* The few remaining players, we're all at least partially experienced, so I can only assume someone didn't have time. Since I have no idea who could have missed that, I'm going to go with The Bushranger.

Jontom Xire
2009-03-11, 06:41 AM
I did a quick search of who posted in SMBG over the night phase in question, and would you believe it, but Alarra did not post at all between 19:46 on the 8th, and 05:54 today (11th). The night phase lasted from 22:34 on the 9th to 23:48 on the 10th.

People with only one post were:

Fin
RadikalSkippy
Uncle Festy
Zar Peter

Also see RadikalSkippy's post above where he tries to claim that neither Alarra nor Uncle Festy would have missed a night action! And throws my name in there to either tar me with the same brush, or make them seem more innocent.

Also we have Gnome 4ever's curious post which focussed heavily on Alarra, presumably trying to make her seem more innocent. I've been somewhat suspicious of her anyway for a while, just nothing concrete - until now.

Lastly, I'll be looking more closely at Uncle Festy and RadikalSkippy now.

Lex-Kat
2009-03-11, 07:18 AM
Alarra, again.

As to the no night kills, is it possible the wolves are doing it on purpose to create a bit of confusion?

banjo1985
2009-03-11, 08:02 AM
As to the no night kills, is it possible the wolves are doing it on purpose to create a bit of confusion?

I don't buy it, I would in a normal game, but not this one. Here the wolves best chance is to kill us before we have chance to get networked and organised. Missing a night kill here gives us an extra day to start finding more wolves. For me its too risky a tactic for them to try.

Alarra for me as well, based on Jontom's analysis. Festy's also been setting off my radar for a long time. If Jontom turns out to be wrong it may be worth turning suspicions towards him. Gnome4ever's lynching may just have been a front to give him a trustworthy cover.

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.

Alarra
2009-03-11, 08:23 AM
Don't be ridiculous. I've been on here every day. And frankly, I'm getting a bit sick of being suspected because of this ridiculous 'inactivity' idea of yours. I am here, I have been here, and I have been posting...*looks over posting activity* Okay, admittedly not in SMBG, but I'm only in two games, both of which were apparently in night phases over that time frame. I did however make several posts in FB over the time in question. *grumpy huff*

But whatever, lynch me....you've been wanting to for days anyway. You'll be disappointed when you find out I'm a villager.

*Points at Jontom*

banjo1985
2009-03-11, 08:34 AM
*makes liberal use of the 'find more posts' button*

*ponders*

My votes staying exactly where it is I'm afraid. :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2009-03-12, 05:24 AM
I point at Alarra.

But something smells fishy. I mean... the post from gnome4ever to JX. Maybe it was just for confusion to lead us to the wrong trace. Or it really was a plot by JX to confirm himself innocent. If it was that way it was a perfect play. On the other hand I don't think Jontom would have missed a night action. Anyway, I'm following JX in this case. I just hope he's right.

Fin
2009-03-12, 07:04 AM
Alarra, but I wouldn't mind seeing Banjo lynched in the not too distant future!

The Bushranger
2009-03-12, 09:50 AM
.Banjo....

Griever
2009-03-12, 02:30 PM
Okay... I seriously don't buy the whole "Alarra missed the wolf action" story, it feels... just wrong, somehow. :smallannoyed:

Uncle Festy seems to have been rather forgetful recently, though, I'll go with him.

Mordokai
2009-03-12, 06:39 PM
Day 7 ends.

The spirits are pretty low in the village. Perhaps a picnic would make a situation more pleasant? But what to do with the picnic? Perhaps that nice lady with a pineapple hat can do something?

“Pineapple, come and get yours! Half a price, today only!“

“You have something else? Oranges, kiwis... apples?“

“I have pineapples!“

“Yes, yes... you already told us that. We're not interested in them. We'd like something else.“

“Lot of vitamin C!“

“Bananas?“

“Potassium too!“

“Cherries?“

“Nice color!“

“Grapes?“

“Golden!“

“...“

“Does this even have a point?“

“I don't think so. Looks like no picnic today.“

And with that, everybody decides it's better to sleep the rest of the day off. When the dusk comes and they start looking for a pineapple lady(alternative is better than nothing) she is nowhere to be found anymore. Only a sliced pineapple can be found at the middle of the market. Courtesy of the pineapple lady? Or symbolics?

Summary: Alarra was lynched, she was a villager. Night begins now and ends in 24 hours, give or take. You know what to do.

Jontom Xire
2009-03-13, 03:38 AM
Meh.

I stand by my standard saying:

When you have a choice between concrete evidence (even if circumstantial) and vague suspicion, which do you choose?

I'm now out of concrete evidence. Time for vague suspicions.

banjo1985
2009-03-13, 04:07 AM
Oh.....bum. :smalleek:

Skippy
2009-03-13, 09:35 AM
JX is right about vague suspicion. However, it's also true that we need to be careful now, more than ever. So don't go voting just randomly, people. When morning comes, let's be careful and do all the analysis we can...

happyturtle
2009-03-14, 04:57 AM
End of Night 7

Uncle Festy tossed and turned in his bed, tormented by nightmares.

"Your reign is over, Inquisitor!" an imperious voice declared. The voice sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite place it. And that smell... as a necromancer, he was used to unpleasant stenches, but this was more than he could bear. Huge reservoirs full of curdled, rotting milk.

"No!" he said defiantly. "You won't win. There will be no Empire of Cheese!"

Around his bed the wolves stood looking down at him.

"What do you suppose he's talking about? Empire of Cheese?"

"Some sort of villager plot?"

"Maybe the masons are involved."

"Does it matter? I'm hungry."

"Yeah, me too."

A gentle hand shook Uncle Festy awake. "Who-who's there?"

"Shhh... it's just me. You were having nightmares."

Festy shuddered as he remembered. "It was terrible. Cheese. Cheese everywhere!"

"It's okay. Don't worry, there's no cheese here."

"I'm glad you're here. Don't let me go back to sleep. I don't want to go back to that nightmare."

"Oh don't worry. I won't."

And as the wolves closed in, Uncle Festy discovered that there were worse things to fear than Cheese.

Uncle Festy was killed. He was a villager.

Day 8 begins now and ends in about 36 hours. (Shortened to allow the update to happen at the usual time of around 10 or 11pm GMT)

Recaiden must vote today or be autolynched.

Recaiden
2009-03-14, 09:14 AM
Really? i point at Fin

Lex-Kat
2009-03-14, 03:07 PM
I'm suspicious of Banjo1985 and Jontom Xire, actually.

Like Gnome and Bayar, they have been following each other around since day 2 (exception of day 3, because Banjo didn't vote.)

For 5 out of six days, they have been together in lynching someone, and only once was it a wolf.

I suspect one of them is a wolf, maybe even both of them.

Banjo1985 being the quieter of the two, I'm thinking it's him.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-14, 08:33 PM
=D
Nice scene, Happy.

The Bushranger
2009-03-15, 04:45 AM
Jontom Xire. Wolf, he is. Lynch, we must.

Fin
2009-03-15, 04:45 AM
Well, I did mention a Banjo suspicion in my last post so...

banjo1985
2009-03-15, 06:31 AM
Jontom. I personally think he's been leading me along a little, though I've agreed with most of what he's said. There are very few other people who could have pulled this off the way this has happened. I think if he is a wolf he'd have killed me last night, but then, isn't it better to keep me alive to be lynched during the day, thus saving himself?

I can't pretend I've been helpful to the villagers, but a villager I am. Lynch me if you want, if we get a landslide I'll even help you do it, but be aware you'll be lynching a villager rather than a wolf.

Zar Peter
2009-03-15, 09:32 AM
Point at JontomXire.

This letter from gnome is smelling too fishy for my taste.

Mordokai
2009-03-15, 05:53 PM
Day 8 ends.

The village just about had it with Jontom. Sure, he found one of the wolves, but now the devil has took the joke away.

“Devil?! Where?! You said there are no power roles in this game, other than wolves.“

Pipe down, will ya? I was talking in metaphors.

“Oh!“

Indeed. Now, if you'll allow me...

“You know what? I don't believe you!“

Excuse me?

“You heard me! Never trust anybody, that's the first rule of the werewolf games.“

First of all, I'd appreciate if you'd stop giving fourth wall a hard time. Second, while that may be true... I'm the friggin' narrator!

“And you proved yourself to be untrustworthy. Sorry buddy, I'm not taking anything for granted.“

But...

But nothing. Before the narrator can say anything further, Jontom's guts are hanging outside and his face gets very pale. Much to the dismay of everybody present, no transformation occurs.

Summary: Jontom Xire was lynched, he was a villager. Night 8 starts now and ends in 24 hours.

Fin
2009-03-15, 06:00 PM
Crappit, well I still say lynch Banjo!

Recaiden
2009-03-15, 07:37 PM
And I still say we lynch Fin!
I knew something was suspicious. Thanks

Lex-Kat
2009-03-15, 08:02 PM
@^ It's night, just so you know. :smallsmile:

banjo1985
2009-03-16, 04:50 AM
Now I'm very confused....:smallsigh:

Lynch me tomorrow guys. I'm fed up of getting the wrong end of the stick and killing off innocents every day.

Jontom Xire
2009-03-16, 07:01 AM
Bugger!

I cannot believe the day was so short! I was only away for the weekend.

Anyway I suspect the werewolves have won this game. I CANNOT believe you all just bandwagonned the only person who was actively seeking werewolves, doing vote analysis, etc.

Plus I think I had just figured out the werewolves night kills.

Nice going, villagers.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-03-16, 09:14 AM
(Narrators -

I wasn't going to say anything with my own lynch, because you were extremely kind to let me into your game late, but now JX looks like he was lynched a little early as well.

Again thank you for letting me into your game.

Please don't shorten the days. Some of us players would rather have a slightly longer day phase if it comes to the updates, it gives us a better chance to live and helps you retaining players from the autolynch. Granted, I'm only talking about a few hours - not several more days. Games break quickly if the updates take too long.

I'm all about updating on a regular schedule, but as a player - if the choice is having the day phase end 3 hours early, or ending 12 hours later - I recommend updating a little later.

Thanks again for letting me play. :smallsmile:

*Goes back to lurking*)

happyturtle
2009-03-16, 09:33 AM
(Thanks for the feedback. We'll keep it in mind. :smallsmile:)

Mordokai
2009-03-16, 09:41 AM
*makes note to adress the matter after the end of the game*

happyturtle
2009-03-16, 07:51 PM
End of Night 8

radikalskippy was walking home from the lynch mob when he heard steps behind him. Brandishing his giant key, he whirled to face his pursuers.

"Don't try anything! I have a giant keyblade and I'm not afraid to use it!"

But he didn't see anyone behind him. So after a moment, he continued on his way. But a few minutes later, he heard the footsteps again.

"I'm serious! Leave me alone! I'm warning you!"

But still, nothing. So he went on his way until he reached his door. Then he heard it again, and whirled around, with his back to the door.

"That's it. Show yourself!"

No answer.

He let himself into the house, locking the door securely behind him. Sighing in relief, he hung the keyblade from the hook on the wall and walked into the kitchen.

"Hi there."

"We thought we'd stop by for dinner."

Summary:
Radikalskippy was killed. He was a villager.

Day 9 begins now and ends in about 48 hours. Griever must vote today to avoid autolynch.

Recaiden
2009-03-16, 10:02 PM
Like I said before, Fin

banjo1985
2009-03-17, 04:18 AM
Banjo

Currently he's causing the most damage to the villagers cuase.

Fin
2009-03-17, 04:34 AM
Banjo, cause I'd like to think the innocent self-sacrificing ploy won't work on me!

Lex-Kat
2009-03-17, 01:03 PM
I'm not quite sure what to do.

Banjo1985 is the one I suspect, but him throwing his life to the lynch doesn't make sense. :smallconfused:

Maybe he's just trying to end the game, to be done with it. :smallfrown:

The Bushranger
2009-03-17, 03:55 PM
Fin..........

happyturtle
2009-03-18, 04:50 PM
Day extended 24 hours.

Skippy
2009-03-19, 01:55 AM
Ah well. And I was beginning to see things through, too. Good luck, villagers!

Mordokai
2009-03-19, 02:00 AM
Not sure when forums got back up since they went down for the second time, so... day extended for eight hours more? Sounds about right?

banjo1985
2009-03-19, 04:38 AM
Maybe he's just trying to end the game, to be done with it. :smallfrown:

I can assure you I'm no wolf, but I'm fed up of doing the wolves work for them. I've not been right about a suspicion once all game, and I've done a heck of a lot more damage to the villagers than I ever have in any other game. Unless someone has an absolutely guaranteed wolf to point at my votes staying on the identified as a definite threat to the villagers.

Zar Peter
2009-03-19, 09:08 AM
Problem is: If you are no wolf you are working for Wolf victory by pointing at yourself. At least you are the only one who you know for sure is no wolf.
I for me belive you that you are a villager but apart from that I really have no clue. I hope Fin is a wolf, otherwise the game looks very bad for us.

banjo1985
2009-03-19, 09:41 AM
Okay, Fin.

If he's a wolf then good. If not, then at least I haven't led the lynch. As Zar Petey says, I gift the game to the wolves by asking for my own lynch I guess.

Fin
2009-03-19, 11:49 AM
I think the wolves have this one in the bag. How I have garnered any suspicon after being in strong support for JX's reasoning albeit that was only right once or twice! I have no suspicons and yet ahuge counter wagon appears out of thin air. This can mean a large wolf contingent and the games end near!

Suspects:

Banjo
The Bushranger
Recaiden

Because of the fangs!

*puts on blindfold, puts cigarette in mouth*

:smallsigh:

Goodbye cruel world!

Mordokai
2009-03-19, 05:46 PM
12 hours extension of a day. After that, I update and call it a day. If the forum won't cooperate again, then I update at the first chance I get.

The show must go on.

Mordokai
2009-03-20, 07:49 AM
Day 9 finally ends!

The day seems to drag and drag... and drag. With no apparent end to it, the villagers grows restless and somewhat panicked... yet again.

“Where is the end?“

Cue the doom prophet.

“You want to know when end is coming? You can't handle the truth!“

“What are you saying?!“

“The end is night!“

“Well... yeah. For the poor bastard that gets eaten.“

“Are you saying you're going to make somebody meet their end tonight... wolf!“

“What? Don't be silly, I'm not a wolf!“

“That's what everybody says! I, for once, refuse to be swayed by your lies!“

And with that, the doom prophet swings his cane, hitting the poor guy straight into the head, which results in him falling down. But he's not dead yet. As the prophet closes in, the mob roars in one voice:

“FINISH HIM!“

Swinging his cane once again, this time, the head comes off. And once again, it would appear you got the wrong guy. But before disappointment can set in, something happens.

One of the villagers, the guy knows as Griever, walks up to the headless corpse and sniffs the air.

“So hungry...“

Dropping down on his knees, he starts tearing Fin's flesh away from his dead body, stuffing it in his mouth with almost animalistic hunger. As if the sight itself wasn't terrifying enough, his body starts changing. Arms getting harrier, more muscular, face getting longer, mouth full of sharp teeth... soon, a full grown werewolf stands before you. Obviously sated for now, he turns his eyes towards the terrified villagers.

“So yeah... looks like the jig is up. Feeding time!“

Taking a few steps toward the villagers... he steps on silvered rake. The force of impact launches the rake up and embeds it right between his eyes. Making wide eyes, he falls down soon after, dead.

Summary: Fin way lynched, he was a villager. Griever was autolynched, he was a werewolf. Night starts now and ends in 24 hours, forum allowing.

Trixie
2009-03-20, 08:45 AM
So... they not only miss kills, but also are autolynched...

And yet, you expect them to win?

Somethings very wrong here :smallsigh:

banjo1985
2009-03-20, 09:46 AM
Okay...good, but for the wrong reasons. Looking back at the kills this has had the hallmarks of a Griever-style play. Five of us left, lets looks at the riders and runners:

Banjo - Has been wrong with almost every single theory, also followed Jontom, who turned out to be an innocent. Has voted for self and has been trying to post useful theories without success. Wolves probably haven't killed him yet because he's killing villagers for them.

Lex-Kat - Dilligent vote record, has suspected Banjo for several days. I personally don't think she would allow a kill to be missed if she was a wolf. I think she's innocent.

Recaiden - Quiet, but that's nothing new. Voted for Fin yesterday, who was innocent, but then again, most of us did. Unsure about you at the moment.

Bushranger - Another quiet player, hasn't been voicing any opinions. Has also suspected me for several days, and I know I'm innocent. :smalltongue: Potential wolf due to that missed kill a few nights ago, as may well have left the target selection to the absent Griever.

Zar Peter - Has had problems accessing the forums recently...a reason to have missed a night kill with Griever also absent? Been quiet, but has supported me. Has the kind of tactical mind that could have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. My favourite gnome in the world, but I'm afraid he's my top wolf suspect.

So, Zar Peter or BR will have my vote tomorrow, I haven't quite decided yet. If they're both wolves then we have to lynch them consecutively to score a victory. 4 wolves in a 20 player game would be fair. I'm putting my theories out there so the survivors of tonight have something to go on.

See I might be killed tonight. What would that mean? Were my suspicions accurate so I get eliminated? Or am I wrong, so that the wolves can set up my two suspects for an easy lynch? If I survive, are my suspicions wrong, or am I being kept alive to be implicated and because I'm under huge suspicion already?

Interesting times...

EDIT - Actually...5 of us left, 4 after tonight, so there must be only one wolf left or else they would already have won. Unless the narrators are leaving the possibility of a kill being missed. Possible, but now I favour only one wolf being left.

Zar Peter
2009-03-20, 01:34 PM
Okay...good, but for the wrong reasons. Looking back at the kills this has had the hallmarks of a Griever-style play. Five of us left, lets looks at the riders and runners:

Banjo - Has been wrong with almost every single theory, also followed Jontom, who turned out to be an innocent. Has voted for self and has been trying to post useful theories without success. Wolves probably haven't killed him yet because he's killing villagers for them.

Lex-Kat - Dilligent vote record, has suspected Banjo for several days. I personally don't think she would allow a kill to be missed if she was a wolf. I think she's innocent.

Recaiden - Quiet, but that's nothing new. Voted for Fin yesterday, who was innocent, but then again, most of us did. Unsure about you at the moment.

Bushranger - Another quiet player, hasn't been voicing any opinions. Has also suspected me for several days, and I know I'm innocent. :smalltongue: Potential wolf due to that missed kill a few nights ago, as may well have left the target selection to the absent Griever.

Zar Peter - Has had problems accessing the forums recently...a reason to have missed a night kill with Griever also absent? Been quiet, but has supported me. Has the kind of tactical mind that could have pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. My favourite gnome in the world, but I'm afraid he's my top wolf suspect.

So, Zar Peter or BR will have my vote tomorrow, I haven't quite decided yet. If they're both wolves then we have to lynch them consecutively to score a victory. 4 wolves in a 20 player game would be fair. I'm putting my theories out there so the survivors of tonight have something to go on.

See I might be killed tonight. What would that mean? Were my suspicions accurate so I get eliminated? Or am I wrong, so that the wolves can set up my two suspects for an easy lynch? If I survive, are my suspicions wrong, or am I being kept alive to be implicated and because I'm under huge suspicion already?

Interesting times...

EDIT - Actually...5 of us left, 4 after tonight, so there must be only one wolf left or else they would already have won. Unless the narrators are leaving the possibility of a kill being missed. Possible, but now I favour only one wolf being left.

That's what you get when you encourage someone to think for himself... :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-03-21, 06:54 PM
End of Night 9

"I don't want to go out hunting tonight," one wolf said to the other.

"Why not?"

"Haven't you heard about the ghost that's been haunting this place?"

"..."

"What?!"

"You're scared of a ghost?"

"... yes"

"... okay, maybe I am too."

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine pulls in.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Scooby-Doo-tv-02.jpg

Some time later, the crew has Bushranger tied up. "And then he invented the werewolves to scare everyone away!"

The villagers looked at each other. "Um, no. We're pretty sure the werewolves are real. We've actually killed two of them. You were supposed to find a ghost."

"Ghost? Where?!" :smalleek: Scooby and Shaggy run and hide.

"Right here!" Bushranger said, going incorporeal and escaping from his ropes. Laughing, he flew off and hid in the nearest house. Which happened to be where the wolves were also hiding.

"Omnomnom! Hey, that ghost wasn't half bad. Not very filling though."

Summary:
The Bushranger was killed. He was a villager.

"Yeah, and you didn't share any with me. We'd better go out and get some more."

So Lex-kat and Zar Peter headed out into the village and scarfed up the last two villagers, Banjo and Recaiden.

Game Over

Wolves win!

Lex-Kat
2009-03-21, 06:59 PM
Cute. :smallbiggrin:

*Waves at Banjo* Thanks for the support. :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2009-03-21, 07:11 PM
Role list

1. Alarra - lynched day 7, villager
2. Andre Fairchilde - lynched day 3, villager
3. banjo1985 - villager, eaten last
4. bayar - lynched day 6, villager
5. Blue Umbrella - killed night 3, villager
6. dallas-dakota - killed night 2, villager
7. Dirk Kris - killed night 4, villager
8. Fin - lynched day 9, villager
9. gnome_4ever - lynched day 5, werewolf
10. Griever - autolynched day 9, werewolf
11. Haruki-kun - lynched day 2, villager
12. Jontom Xire - lynched day 8, villager
13. lamech - lynched day 1, villager
14. Lex-kat - Survived, wolf
15. radikalskippy - killed night 8, villager
16. Recaiden - villager, eaten last
17. Selrahc - lynched day 4, villager
18. The Bushranger - killed night 9, villager
19. Uncle Festy - killed night 7, villager
20. Wolfbane - killed night 5, villager
21. Zar Peter - Survived, wolf

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 07:24 PM
Yay! I was eaten last. I didn't think Zar was a wolf.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-21, 09:08 PM
Wait, Recaiden was a villager?
Dammit, I thought he was the voider!

Boo
2009-03-21, 09:11 PM
Looks like my suspicions of Lex were right on the money. Zar was my suspect after BR. Aren't you glad you killed me ahead of time?