PDA

View Full Version : point of no return? why it wont happen

TheGrimace
2009-02-19, 08:31 PM
The buzz from the Oracle has been floating around the board. Everyone is so convinced that, any minute now, V is going to "say the right four words to the right being for all the wrong reasons"

However, I'm not convinced. Something will spin this away from the obvious conclusion. I couldn't tell you what, but I have this little bit of extremely circumstantial evidence backing me up.

Trying to save your ilk is not "the wrong reason"

V has a very good reason to do whatever it is it is about to do (note: I did not accidentally type "it is" twice), and I do not believe it will be those four words.

"I lost the game"

Logalmier
2009-02-19, 08:43 PM
Trying to save your ilk is not "the wrong reason"

Unfortunate selling your very soul to save them is. I think selling your personal "bit of all that is good and pure" pretty much outways saving your children. Think about it, V is a very powerful little wizard, and is knowingly preparing to convert to evil. When someone as powerful as V turns to evil, their going to spread a fair amount of suffering in the world. Just look at Xykon, he's an epic evil spellcaster, and is currently working on a plan to destroy the multiuniverse. I'm not saying that V is going to be that bad, but still. A 14th level evil spellcaster roaming around is not something anyone wants to see.:smalleek:

"I lost the game"

Curse you!:smallmad:

Balgus
2009-02-19, 09:53 PM
Unfortunate selling your very soul to save them is.Tell that to someone who has been stressing for months about not being able to save a couple friends. Add to that the lack of sleep. Then to top it off a dragon threatens to take your loved ones for ALL ETERNITY...

try reasoning with that person. Doubt you can get very far.

Plus - when it comes to matter of familial sacrifice - reason is the last thing that is taken into consideration.

GeminiSun
2009-02-19, 10:09 PM
There's a troubling undertone in V's attitude up to now that indicates his reason may have a little too much to do with proving the strength of his magic, over saving his family.

I'd certainly call that "all the wrong reasons"... especially if they are a higher priority than his family's lives and souls.

Optimystik
2009-02-19, 10:11 PM
I think the "wrong reason" simply means that it wasn't the reason he originally envisioned. V was previously pursuing arcane power for its own sake, but now he'll be achieving it to save his family from certain doom instead.

"I lost the game"
Curse you!:smallmad:

Should've gotten immunized (http://xkcd.com/391/) :smallwink: