PDA

View Full Version : Character Sketch (to be followed with more?)

Piedmon_Sama
2009-02-19, 09:24 PM
I haven't had a scanner of my own in a long time, but today I made use of the school's and scanned in a drawing of one a D&D Character I'd like to play someday.... or more likely use as an NPC since I'll probably be stuck DMing until I die. >_>

Long story short: The school library is dumb and made it really hard to use their scanners, but I'll try to scan more drawings since I study there everyday anyway.

The character's name is Valerie "La Derniere des Parfaits," a human Favored Soul. Her backstory in brief: her parents were leaders in a heretical sect, which was brutally wiped out. She was marked with a 'B' for Blasphemer on her forehead by the Kings' men. Growing up a runaway in the wilderness, she gained miraculous powers and believes her destiny is to destroy the kingdom and its "universal" Church---not suspecting her powers truly come from powerful, otherworldly entities in the Unseelie Court who want to use Valerie as a pawn in their own schemes. Probably CN or CE.

Valerie. (http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2982/valeriexo0gf2.jpg)

Note: in the actual drawing her wings are fully colored, but the scanner washed out most of the color.
2nd Note: Don't worry about the writing in the corner, that's just a note to myself about getting a new Latin textbook. >_>

Piedmon_Sama
2009-03-01, 06:16 PM
I have a new color drawing although I'm not as proud of this one. I think I messed it up pretty bad, and made a lot of the details almost impossible to make out. Nevertheless, these are two Player-Characters of mine in a solo campaign my friend is DMing for me (sometimes. We haven't actually played it in a while!)

Beogar "Orkisson" is a 19-y/o Neutral-Good Half-Orc Druid. Depicted is his short bearskin mantle, hide armor and staff with raven skulls and feathers, rabbit paws and fur. His belt and bandolier are hemp, and the painted wood medallion on his chest signifies his membership in the Druidic Circle of the Bear. Painted over his shoulder-plates and shield (not depicted) is the Eye of Gruumsh, by which Beogar shows pride in his Orc heritage. Over his back is his father's scimitar, a sturdy but crude Orc-Weapon. With him is his badger companion, Strong-Snout.

Aisha is a 20-something Chaotic-Good Human Psychic Warrior, member of a destroyed ascetic order and exiled from her far-distant country. Depicted is her falchion, dagger and brigandine coat, greaves and bracers. Under her purple headdress is a steel cap, and she wears a disc plate over her solar plexus and back. Bossed with a brass finish, this piece depicts a figure like the Hindu Goddess Durga, on tiger-back with a weapon in each of her eight arms. On Aisha's arms and face (and legs and back) are tattooed the mantra "Aum Mani Padme Hum," her Psychic Tattooes that burn up on use(showing the impermanence of all things).

Again, this looked a lot better before I tried to color it. >> (http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6317/beogarandaisha.jpg)

Piedmon_Sama
2009-03-01, 11:50 PM
In case I gave the opposite impression, I'd like to add that comments or advice is greatly appreciated. There are plenty of great artists in this forum so I hope I can get some thoughts on how to improve.