PDA

View Full Version : DII - A few questions

Avilan the Grey
2009-02-20, 03:04 AM
Inspired by the new DII thread(s) and the upcoming DIII I have a few questions:

1) Is there any issues with Vista and DII?

2) How does Widescreen work? will it be distorted or is there a setting in DII for it?

3) I heard a rumour a few days ago there were different Zoom levels in DII. I played it like crazy when it was new but I never saw anything about that. Is it true? I doubt it, but I want to know anyway...

Winterwind
2009-02-20, 08:19 AM
3) I heard a rumour a few days ago there were different Zoom levels in DII. I played it like crazy when it was new but I never saw anything about that. Is it true? I doubt it, but I want to know anyway...No idea about questions 1) and 2), but as for this, ever since the Lord of Destruction expansion (or maybe it was some patch, I'm not sure) it is possible to change the game's resolution - the higher the resolution you choose, the more it zooms out. You find the possibility to do so in the options.

Also, this (by now slightly mis-named) thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103295) is currently being used by the GitP Diablo 2 group as their headquarters, if you are looking for a bunch of friendly people to play or discuss strategies with. :smallwink:

Avilan the Grey
2009-02-23, 03:43 AM
Well I figured the things out for myself:
(Depending on video card and drivers, your experience may vary)

Installed LOD, upgraded to the latest version (earlier version are not compatible with Vista). However I can only play in Windowed mode. If I try to go fullscreen all I get is a black screen and a harddrive that goes crazy (longest I waited was 10 minutes).

Oh well, No big deal. Now I have to pick a class...