PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Idea+Interest Check: The Siege Breakers

wadledo
2009-02-20, 05:48 PM
So, I might just be taking another foray into the world of DMing on these here boards(though if the forum continues to cough like a creepy old man in an elementary school locker room, I'll move it to mythweavers).

The plan is to have the PC's be the apprentices/children/lower Level than the actual people who run the organization, the titular Siege Breakers.
Around 4-5 level for the PC's, the parents/bodyguards/mentors/etc. being 12-14.
The players, having created there characters based on either 32 Point Buy or 5d6b3 stat grid (http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/grid/), would also give me a generic description of their mentor/parent/etc. with their sheet, such as:
Name: Begldy Bop
Class/es/Battle Style: Bard/Sublime Chord, Uses lots of Snowflake Wardance.
Race/Description: Human, kinda goofy and gangly, from the far south.
Rough personality/backstory not included in my own: Laid back, likes to dance, sometimes forgets to put on pants in the morning.

The campaign would obviously be focused on Siege's, mass mooks, and Helms Deep like stuff, as well as a tiny tiny amount of role play, and pretty much no puzzles.

Since pretty much all the games I've started in the past have either collapsed because of my own short attention span, or from there not IMO being enough interest, how does this look/would you want to play in it?
The game would go to roughly 15ish, and I'll probably introduce a variant leveling system once y'all reach 6th.

In addition, does anyone know of a good way to make maps, both tactical and generic, for said campaign?

Yahzi
2009-02-21, 11:38 AM
The campaign would obviously be focused on Siege's, mass mooks,
I thought you said the leaders were 12-14th.

Either you mean mass mooks as in 10,000 soldiers for every wizard, or you don't mean mass mooks.

wadledo
2009-02-21, 11:55 AM
2 points:
Unless everyone has their mentor as a wizard, that shouldn't be much of a problem, seeing as how enemies can cast(and countercast) spells too.
I did say helms deep style battles, didn't I(so yes, 10,000 mooks per caster, depending on the situation)?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-02-21, 12:12 PM
I'm interested. What books, power level, and houserules do you use? Specifically, what is the alternate leveling system you mentioned?

MammonAzrael
2009-02-21, 12:17 PM
Indeed, I am interested as well. I'm looking to learn psionics, so how do you feel about that? So a fighting-heavy game sounds perfect to get used to the rules. :smallsmile:

wadledo
2009-02-21, 12:42 PM
As books go, pretty much everything, including Exalted Cheese, Psionics, Incarnum, Bo9S, Tome of Magic, and other such things.
I'm of the firm belief that if you make insane characters, I get to make insane challenges.

The alternative leveling system is a little bit complicated, so that's going to have to wait to see if there's anyone else who cares.

Adumbration
2009-02-21, 12:56 PM
I would definitely join this, if I had the time. Unfortunately (well, not really) I'm already involved in three games, and I'm in middle of reading for the final exams of high school. :smallsmile:

J-H
2009-02-21, 01:00 PM
Could be fun. I could go for being either a Catfolk archer (Fighter w/ lots of feats) or a Soulknife. Either one of those concepts lends itself well to being somebody's student.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-02-21, 04:30 PM
Looking at either a Malconvoker who fills the meatshield role by proxy, or a VoP Beguiler. Not certain yet.

Zenos
2009-02-21, 05:15 PM
I would definetly be interested in this, as a Scout. Although I must admit I prefer to PbP on the Myth-Weavers forums because it is made for things like this.

AgentPaper
2009-02-21, 06:33 PM
I'd definitely be interested in this, as a druid, or a wizard if that won't work. However, are you doing it by PbP? Because I don't really like that as a gaming medium. If you're doing it on some online game system and/or voice chat, though, that would be perfect.