PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion Mods

Crispy Dave
2009-02-20, 06:31 PM
Im getting back into oblivion and figured I would ask around what some good mods would be for it.

Also use to discuss the game and/or mods for the game.

Oregano
2009-02-20, 06:35 PM
Hmm, I used to have mods but most of the mods I got were just new equipment and hair(got some beards too). There was also some new races(Dwarves, Halflings and I got ones that activated Dark Seducers, Golden Saints and Dremoras as playable races).

EDIT: I also found one for weapons in the offhand, they were just shields using the models of the weapons but it looks cool.

Keris
2009-02-20, 07:00 PM
What mods you use really depends on what you want to enhance in the game. If you want to change the gameplay, then you can try mods which remove the levelling from enemies or add more features to combat (like grabs, kicks and etc), or mods which change the levelling process altogether.
If you want to up the visual style, then you can get mods which replace the default textures with Hi-res versions, or improve the meshes.
If you want to add immersion to the game, you can get mods which place the cities in the Tamriel worldspace and improve their layout, mods which add more varied NPCs, or change the landscape.
If your looking for more quests, you can get them too, and there are many mods which simply make the game easier.

So what kind of mods are you looking for?

Crispy Dave
2009-02-20, 07:05 PM
What mods you use really depends on what you want to enhance in the game. If you want to change the gameplay, then you can try mods which remove the levelling from enemies or add more features to combat (like grabs, kicks and etc), or mods which change the levelling process altogether.
If you want to up the visual style, then you can get mods which replace the default textures with Hi-res versions, or improve the meshes.
If you want to add immersion to the game, you can get mods which place the cities in the Tamriel worldspace and improve their layout, mods which add more varied NPCs, or change the landscape.
If your looking for more quests, you can get them too, and there are many mods which simply make the game easier.

So what kind of mods are you looking for?

I want mods that add more gameplay. Adding graphics is bad because my framrate is already hurting in fact I installed a mod already that decreases polygon amounts.

edit:another guild quest chain would be cool.

Jimp
2009-02-20, 07:39 PM
There's a mod that changes the scaling levels to a more natural system where your stats improve as your use skills and there is no leveling up. I think the same mod makes monsters stop scalaing and gives them set levels. Another feature of this is that it makes some caves with strong monsters only doable when you are strong enough, or if you feel like stealthing it:smallbiggrin:.
A good guild chain is the Archaeologists guild. I've never finished it but mainly due to me uninstalling oblivion. Needed the hard drive space :smallmad:

Kris Strife
2009-02-21, 06:42 AM
Are there any PS3 mods out there? I need something to spice up the game play.

SmartAlec
2009-02-21, 06:52 AM
Thoroughly enjoying Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. Disables the level-scaling, adds a variety of mid and high-level quests to the game, can slow down the acquisition of skills, adds the concept of prestige and influence to the Mages Guild and the Fighters Guild quests, as well as making it mandatory to be able to cast spells to advance in rank in the Mages' Guild... well, there's lots to say about it, lots of options, lots of customisation.

http://jorgeoscuro.googlepages.com/

Illiterate Scribe
2009-02-21, 06:53 AM
Are there any PS3 mods out there? I need something to spice up the game play.

Unfortunately not, except the Knights of the Nine/Shivering Isles that come with the expanded edition.

Also, I have to second recommendations of the Archaeologists guild - great quest set.

Kris Strife
2009-02-21, 07:28 AM
Unfortunately not, except the Knights of the Nine/Shivering Isles that come with the expanded edition.

Also, I have to second recommendations of the Archaeologists guild - great quest set.

Knights of the Nine comes with the PS3 version.

Dihan
2009-02-21, 07:39 AM
I've been having fun with the Blackwood Company Guild mod and various texture improvements.

Crispy Dave
2009-02-21, 11:57 AM
alright guys thanks between you and my google-fu I have gathered a good chunk of mods. The only thing stoping me now is that blue screen when I get out of the sewers:smallfrown:. Ya well lets add that up to the very long list of why I need a new computer.

Keris
2009-02-21, 12:16 PM
Is your computer actually BSoDing or is Oblivion just crashing?
You could try using an alternate start mod to begin the game in a different location (I usually begin fresh off a boat in Anvil) to see if that makes a difference. If not, I'd recommend systematically attempting to locate whichever mod is causing the crash, and remove it.

Recaiden
2009-02-21, 06:11 PM
The sewer thing happened to me. It might be one of the .ini values relating to water.
Mods:
The Lost Spires(Archaeology guild)
Oscuro's Oblivion Enhanced, possibly even FCOM
Kvatch Aftermath

Not Quests:
Streamline
CleanQuit

Maybe:
Tears of the Fiend
Modular Oblivion Enhanced

If you get a better computer: Natural environments and unique landscapes.

Keris
2009-02-21, 06:21 PM
The sewer thing happened to me. It might be one of the .ini values relating to water.

In which case, starting at Anvil wouldn't help at all.

At one point though, I managed to turn the ground purple. And it was decorated with little maps of Cyrodiil, so I would never get lost. :smallbiggrin:
Took forever to figure out how to undo it.:smallmad:

Anyway, if end up getting a (much) better computer, try Open Better Cities, Full Defences and Blood & Mud Edition. And Quarl's Texture Pack 3 if your computer has superconductors for wires.

Hermit
2009-02-21, 07:27 PM
http://devnull.devakm.googlepages.com/ is a pretty awesome resource. Got a comprehensive look at the various grahpical mods out there, as well as a nice list of Quest mod.

I particularly like The Lost Spires (http://www.lostspires.com)

Crispy Dave
2009-02-22, 02:55 AM
http://devnull.devakm.googlepages.com/ is a pretty awesome resource. Got a comprehensive look at the various grahpical mods out there, as well as a nice list of Quest mod.

I particularly like The Lost Spires (http://www.lostspires.com)

naaa its had problems with a few games now Its my computer. I just need to get a new one Oh well at least I got guild wars.

Comet
2009-02-22, 01:50 PM
At one point though, I managed to turn the ground purple. And it was decorated with little maps of Cyrodiil, so I would never get lost.
Took forever to figure out how to undo it.

How did you undo it? Not that I'm going to be playing Oblivion anytime soon but I'm just curious. I ran into this bug once, too, and never got rid of it (had to reinstall).