PDA

View Full Version : Best Magical Properties for AoO's?

TempusCCK
2009-02-20, 10:16 PM
Pretty simple, I have a character who is going to be making a lot of Attacks of Opportunity, what are the best magical enhancements/properties to put on a weapon? Are there many that are specifically good for AoO-heavy characters? Can I just get some general advice as to what properties I should put on weapons for a primary melee character?

Keld Denar
2009-02-20, 10:32 PM
Any time you'll be making a large number of attacks in a round, Wounding becomes a solid choice. You can do a lot of Con damage in a short time if you can make 6+ attacks in a round.

Otherwise, the standard damage stuff holds true. Holy, Collision, etc. I'd stay away from Vicious though. Normally I like it, but you could overwealm yourself....lol!

Glyphic
2009-02-20, 10:45 PM
Vicious is tasty for a crusader, as it'll help fuel his damage pool and furious counterstrike.

Keen might not be so bad, but I'd stay away from elemental damages.

Frosty
2009-02-20, 10:59 PM
Magebane. If you want to make lots of AoOs, you'll probably be wanting to stop mages from casting as well.

jcsw
2009-02-21, 12:09 AM
If you're going for the high-reach method of gaining more AoOs, you might want to take the whirling enchantment from MiC. To use the high reach in other ways.

Curmudgeon
2009-02-21, 01:50 AM
Actually, the best enhancement you can get is Greater Magic Fang plus Permanency. The reason for this is the Snap Kick feat, which allows an extra unarmed attack whenever you make a melee attack -- including attacks of opportunity. Two hits on every AoO should really add up.

MammonAzrael
2009-02-21, 12:08 PM
Which is gone the first time someone decides to Dispell you. :smallsigh: Personal preference, I guess, but I've never really like Permanency for buffs.

If you're going for hardcore AoO, I'm assuming you'll be using the Thicket of Blades stance, which means I highly recommend the Devoted Spirit martial weapons enhancement.

Curmudgeon
2009-02-22, 01:10 AM
I guess if you're worrying about dispels, a Necklace of Natural Attacks is the thing to get. That second attack on every AoO with Snap Kick is still the best power-up I know.

BobVosh
2009-02-22, 01:51 AM
You never go wrong with Lifebane. Never.